Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

That was pre-reset

dumbest diplomatic gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

CubsWoo has issued a correction as of 04:47 on Dec 20, 2016

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

oh god lol

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

what is it with these fucktards in red states and ellipses?

The Kingfish posted:

My mom does it too and I have no idea why.

I've seen a lot of middle aged people do this idgi...it's not like the period key is close to the space.bar or anything...

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
They don't know how to write out the way they want to say things. They're trying to create a pause that they'd normally do in a conversation but don't know if to use a comma or period or what and just end up with an ellipsis because that indicates things not being said.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Grondoth posted:

They don't know how to write out the way they want to say things. They're trying to create a pause that they'd normally do in a conversation but don't know if to use a comma or period or what and just end up with an ellipsis because that indicates things not being said.

Now that I think of it, baby boomers are probably the only generation of the last century who aren't used to routine casual correspondence in written form. The generations before them wrote more letters while the generations after are more accustomed to emails and text messages. Meanwhile... boomers just talked on the phone.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Duscat posted:

if we're doing this, let's do it right NSFW

Do you have an image of the dead assassin without the text? I can't find it.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Do you have an image of the dead assassin without the text? I can't find it.

Here you go, he's dead. :nws:

Somebody has issued a correction as of 07:49 on Dec 20, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Sometimes there's a cultural/dialect component to this sort of informal grammar. Like how some people here use tildas in this forum, I still can't figure out what it's supposed to mean and it's definitely not in any style guide, but that doesn't mean its users are dumb or ignorant.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Pomplamoose has issued a correction as of 07:55 on Dec 20, 2016

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
try to link and nws those dead people images, guys

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1apDfQmUs

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've always wondered this but when cuck is used with a direct object like this is the object the wife who's being screwed or the husband who's watching?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

little nazis

we make our dreams come true

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

try to link and nws those dead people images, guys

My bad it took me so long to link it properly I forgot to NWS it.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Squalid posted:

Sometimes there's a cultural/dialect component to this sort of informal grammar. Like how some people here use tildas in this forum, I still can't figure out what it's supposed to mean and it's definitely not in any style guide, but that doesn't mean its users are dumb or ignorant.

the tilde is possible my favorite punctuation~

It can mean many different things~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i love the tilda ~unironically~

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm gay~

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

~:iamafag:>

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

congrats~

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

are there people that love tilda swinton only ironically wtf

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

~thank you~

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this is def c-spam

http://i.imgur.com/5GEmGdH.gif

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Baloogan posted:

:yossame:

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

please... don't make fun of ellipses....

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Karl Barks posted:

please... don't make fun of ellipses....

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

crazy cloud posted:

the tilde is possible my favorite punctuation~

It can mean many different things~
is this ~easy mode~

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

is this ~easy mode~

[...]

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
(((punctuation is important in 2016)))

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

what do you do when you really hate muslims but can't afford the parts to build your anti-muslim death ray? well, you could try shaking down some (((sympathetic sources))) for a few shekels. Only it turns out your views are a little too extreme for even the american pro-israel lobby, so somebody rats you out to the fbi, oops.

(this is from 2013 but relevant again as the guy's speedy trial just concluded today with a sentence of 30 years under some dirty bomb law)

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Grondoth posted:

I work with a bunch of Argentinians and they do it too, I think for this exact reason

It's very weird to read ... Also they always space out punctuation ... Or maybe double it ?.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

(((punctuation is important in 2016)))

Lol

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

I work with a bunch of Argentinians and they do it too, I think for this exact reason

It's very weird to read ... Also they always space out punctuation ... Or maybe double it ?.

Wow, hiding out in Argentina... you've really gone all in on this literal nazi thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/morninggloria/status/811281386535583744