Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Even worse rebuttal: If you know what you're doing, the hammer is incredibly easy to avoid, and it has a chance of the head falling off and leaving you ineffectually flailing a harmless stick and completely vulnerable.

Also, Trump in this scenario may be Lucario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Actually kind of interested in whatever people come up with for a Marxist analysis of Fallout, given the whole setting is a fairly merciless satire of stereotypical anti-Communist attitudes taken to their terrifying conclusion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A general rule is that the Australian ruling class thinks the internet is a fad that's overstayed its welcome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Does make me wonder if the 2020 Democrat primary is going to look like the 2016 Republican primary.

Any Hilary catspaw is hopefully going to be a Jeb!, though that leaves Zuckerberg in the Trump role.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

He's even sitting exactly the same way.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Apparently Ben Garrison fell in with the pepes in the first place because they kept editing his comics and the edits became more popular than the originals.

So what I'm saying is, keep this up relentlessly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hodgepodge posted:

wake me up when we have the technology to turn manning into a jetfighter and back at will

I literally identify as an attack helicopter, and I can prove it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

An anime where transforming robots and spaceships serve as the vanguard for humanity's true superweapons: Jpop idol singers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

a widespread belief that having a giant military means you by definition must have a good economy would explain a whole lot about american politics

I mean, technically you do, to maintain said military at least. But good economy =/= all citizens actually getting to reap the benefits of it materially.

Recent years have shown that an increasingly amount of people simply aren't considered to be important to 'the economy', and are infinitely less important than 'the economy' as far as everyone in charge is concerned.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://twitter.com/lumpythecook/status/889222792419434497

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It depends on how big their ray guns and/or probes are and how trigger happy they look.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Freakazoid was always right

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

steinrokkan posted:

I have a theory that due to Chelsea's experiences with Bohemian Grove satanic rituals, billionaire orgies etc., she looks at some guy setting a place on fire and she goes "oh how banal"

They'd probably get more votes if they just went all out with the depravity rather than trying to act like Serious Professional People. I mean hell, it basically worked for Trump.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Calm down, Cobra Commander. Cobra Comrade?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

And let's not forget the great regard for people's civil liberties, safety and dignity, especially racial and sexual minorities!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Who can't read that as Patrick Bateman

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

theHUNGERian posted:

For a moment, I confused Bateman for Christian Bale's Batman. It got even funnier when I was imagining him (Batman) as the sommelier.

I mean they're basically the same except one's parents got murdered.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The satire we didn't realise was perfect for this modern age.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

First ponies, then anime, now Star Trek

I'm not sure where we go from here, except maybe Metal Gear

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

What kind of maniac tweets sober?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nixon seems to keep looking better in retrospect somehow

When even the supervillain presidents were respectable

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

At least he got into a brutal forever war on purpose and some kind of gain out of it??????

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nixon realised you actually had to make an effort to get away with your evil stuff

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LbxDZRgA4

Open your eyes, sheeple

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The blind idiot President.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Founders are absolutely Authoritarian Horny, also Dukat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

As I've said before, this is Obama's true destiny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnN_JoIBkzw

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Remember when he called up Kira at 3am to literally say 'I hosed your mom' and they went through time travel shenanigans to prove it

Also when he sired half-Bajoran bastards

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

You're overthinking this. Absolutely no one is better than 'fans' at completely missing the point of what they enjoy. The dialogue and plot is set dressing for things to masturbate to.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This is why you have crystals to store your energy, jeez

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Apparently the difficulty slider doesn't actually do anything ingame

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still don't know what a thot is besides

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

MizPiz posted:

That's genuinely refreshing to know.

There was an entire court case about it, iirc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cicero rose to the top in a day where you could gain someone's office by successfully prosecuting them, I think he'd be kicking rear end

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

It's kinda weird to think of British people knowing Spanish til you remember Spain is right there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Toy Story at least more or less owned it with the whole thing turning increasingly clearly into allegories for religion.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

No you see it's simple you just have to accomplish MY pet cause and ONLY my pet cause before literally everything else otherwise I have to assume you're a traitorous oppressor white man keeping us down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Would love to have been a fly on the wall at that board meeting. If only because the vomiting can be used to eat their snacks.