Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

etalian posted:

I think just about any Dem running a strategically sound campaign would have defeated Trump.

Their only obstacle would've been the rigged Democratic primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol gj vanity fair, it's more than makes up for your Hillary articles:
-saying she's too lax on immigration
-urging readers to "check out Hillary scandals" (bonus positive mention of "linguistic kill shot"
-portraying each and every campaign advisor and Hillary herself as shady
-"has Hillary overstayed her welcome?"

In searching for these, I found tons of NR and breitbart articles quoting them lol

What is it with this attitude wherein Hillary supporters look retroactively at media pieces pointing out her flaws and then blame the media for being accurate rather than the candidate for being lovely? Like they think voters didn't already know Hillary was shady af and scandal ridden and if weren't for the media reminding them they would've forgotten?

I don't remember this attitude after Kerry

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Report on it all you want, but that ta frank scandals article is specious at best, promised "new information" about Benghazi and a ton of other poo poo, and editorialized to no loving end. It's good reporting to say "Hillary's email server was found during the twelfth congressional probe into Benghazi", it's really slimy to say:

"most of the vices that keep getting the Clintons in trouble are not outright crimes but the more venial offenses of slipperiness, greed, and unchecked conflicts of interest. That’s why Hillary Clinton dances away from records requests and changes her stories when called out. It’s why Bill and Hillary have kept delivering speeches for huge sums to interested parties, like Goldman Sachs. And it’s why the Clinton Foundation took in big donations from foreign governments while Hillary was Secretary of State"

The entire quoted piece is 100% true and 100% the reason she lost.

I don't think out of work union automakers in Michigan are reading Vanity Fair so it's doubtful it held any sway with anyone who mattered when it came voting time. My point is that those pieces accurately reflected exactly how the majority of Americans feel about Hillary and yet, when put forth in a publication that, let's face it, is primarily read by the kind of person would likely vote democratic, some act like it was akin to treason as though no one should point out how lovely of a candidate she is. The reality is that not acknowledging how lovely she is despite everyone knowing it is exactly how you go on to lose the general election. And here's the kicker, we 100% know this in retrospect.

I could see maybe thinking that way after she rigged the primary and we were stuck with her, but how can you look back after the fact knowing that everyone thinks that way about her and think "If only Vanity Fair had held back..."

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

wizard on a water slide posted:

the lightbulb thing kills me because it's a totally absurd thing to be upset about and also categorically correct that new lightbulbs look bad

led bulbs are great in terms of color temperature cfls welp

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

the things that kill you in the dark in zork

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Xand_Man posted:

Founders pretty much loving 25/7.

cmon man you know its 26/7 why set a trap like that

oh poo poo

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Tardcore posted:

The last time we had a PoC mass shooter they killed like 6 cops and no one else? I agree.

dc snipers?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

Suddenly I want to know whether the Oxford comma correlates to where the writer falls on the political spectrum.

Do economic conservatives use only the minimum commas necessary? Do liberals just spray commas everywhere, to make sure everyone who needs one, gets one? Do hardcore libertarians allow their comma ideology to overcome common sense and refuse to use an Oxford comma even in a "the strippers, JFK and Stalin" scenario? Do millennial Bernie bros have a special emoji they prefer to use instead? Inquiring minds want to know.

ive definitely found... a strong correlation... between people who...... overuse ellipses and............ libertarians

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lancemantis posted:

wtf is up with his steering wheel

does he drive like a 1997 E series or something

obv. its hard to tell from that angle and the lighting makes it even more difficult to identify the woodgrain but im near certain its a 98-00 lexus ls

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Al! posted:

theres this whole dumb episode where jake is an old man living in some stinky bayou and has to kill himself to fix the timeline, its a really bad episode

they show new orleans most in paradise lost which where they institute martial law after a starfleet admiral does a false flag operation threatening earths power grid. if the ep had been made after 9/11 it would have been too on the nose but having been made prior it comes off as eerily prescient

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

seems like naming my sex robot the same thing as my remote control is a home automation disaster waiting to happen

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

when it comes to bitcoin fanfic nothing will ever top brazil.txt for me. the fact that it seemed to be written in earnest to promote bitcoin is just mindblowing

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ogantai posted:

Some really mixed messaging going on here.

I mean if you're going to reshingle where it's leaking just do the whole roof and idk what that guy's thinking but he has got to fix that gutter or he's really going to have problems with that house

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Peanut President posted:

more of that house:

What does he refuse to kiss I've just got to know

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Aliquid posted:

rear end

Lame I was hoping it was frogs or something

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

little munchkin posted:

in true american worker fashion they'll rest players for a day during busy stretches but you still have to show up and stand around doing nothing

Which, this being baseball, means they play baseball.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Al! posted:

as much as i fuckin hate trump he def pulled so many more ppl so much further left than they ever were in 2008 or 12

serious q tho how much of that is a reaction to trump and how much of that is a reaction to obama being a completely worthless alternative?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

GANDHITRON posted:

Tell her to get a copy of her prescription and to get her pupillary distance measured (should be free or easy to do by yourself) and get cheap ones off Zenni Optical or a similar site. Wear lovely store bought ones in the meantime.

My wife does this and yes they're so cheap that they're almost disposable, it's great

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

And white people wonder why they're hated smdh

lol no they don't

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol he's going to have to do a lot better than that to carry Kentucky

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I always like finding the rabbit on the cover

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ogantai posted:

That's what "cost plus" means, they charge whatever the wholesale cost to them from the distributer was +10%.

Here's a bit more detail for those wondering.

Just as an aside, I love reading industry publications like the one linked for poo poo I know nothing about because of how in the weeds they go with something I've never thought twice about. Like I know intuitively that there's a lot going on with running a quick service restaurant or a supermarket but I've never thought about the nuts and bolts in the way whomever runs the Supermarket News does.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

this poo poo owns

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Didn't seem to work for Oakland.

You have a point there but that's more location than anything. As an anonymous homeowner in an anonymous suburb of a midsized but unimportant midwestern city, this man is a hero until he's inevitably milkshake ducked.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

the new hotness is calling yourself a progressive

That's true and also good because you can just rattle off actual progressive policy positions that Democrats not only don't support but actively work against. You can point out that "liberal" Obama campaigned against marriage equality while "progressive" Dick Cheney was publicly in favor of it in 2008.

At least liberal was accurate, progressive doesn't even pass the smell test.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

There's actually a This American Life about how easily one can OD on Tylenol that's worth listening to. Even when you're a regular user of it there exists a rather strong possibility of just one day your normal dose kills you.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

And to think until now I had the utmost respect for the man who posted on the forums of his employer that he eats Wheatabix onto which he's spunked

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

This simply isn't true. We want to give their penises to trans immigrants.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The medical industry undermined its own credibility through profiteering that's true, but vaccines are also the least profitable form of medicine.

A distinction sure to change the astute mind of your average anti-vaxxer

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even the Democratic base seems to have a growing understanding that there's absolutely no point trying to be moderate or mollify Republicans anymore because they've reached the point where they continually self-radicalise and escalate regardless of outside stimuli. Establishment liberals are going to be the absolute last people to figure this out, though.

It's cute that you believe they have any interest in opposing Republicans

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Of course they do, the Republicans are the enemy team, it's more that they're all self-interested opportunists and spineless cowards

They both want the same things, only Dems have to appear to their base to be trying and failing to accomplish a completely different set of opposing goals.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

a security blog i read linked this advertisement for a russian carding site (a place to buy stolen credit cards) that is pretty c-spam

https://vimeo.com/348641478

idk if video embedding for vimeo works so i put the link above

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

sooo selectively deleting the flag of a vibrant and distinctively Chinese democracy is “anti-imperialist” if an imperial power demands it?

i am trying to make fun of you but i can’t follow the pretzel logic well enough to make a good joke

taiwan is part of china hth

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Maybe, and I know this is complicated but stick with me here, instead of complaining about the current system Democrats could support policy positions that benefit the citizenry?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

olds would be happier if they just sucked a dang dick its v rewarding when you do a good job

username/post combo

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Prav posted:

my dad has parkinsons. cheap plastic straws make his life considerably easier.

They aren't completely banning straws, just plastic ones.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Prav posted:

yeah gently caress you too

Is there some uniqueness to plastic straws in this case that render the alternative unsuitable? It's not like straws were always plastic or that straws weren't in common use prior to 1960. Straws are in Norman Rockwell paintings and those aren't plastic.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

metal or bamboo or whatever other non-disposable straws aren't really a solution because anyone who needs straws to drink probably isn't capable of washing them either

The straws I'm referring to are disposable

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I came here to post this. Everyone should read this because it's bananas and reads like a goon project:

quote:

Next, Bach wrote, "we" — it's not specified who is meant by "we" — started a blood transfusion for Patricia.

But about 30 minutes later, Patricia seemed to take a turn.

"Her neck and face started swelling. A lot," she wrote. "[Her] breathing went from bad to worse. Her throat was beginning to close."

That's about the moment Bach called Kramlich on the phone to ask if Kramlich could swing by the center.

"So I walk in," Kramlich recalls, "and there's this child, swollen, wheezing." Kramlich could see the blood still being transfused into Patricia's vein. "And [Bach] goes, 'You know, I think she might be having a reaction. But I don't know. Because, you know, Google says that if they're having a reaction, they'll have a rash. And I don't see a rash."

The girl doing this was 22 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

cohsae posted:

Please tell me Trump is going to go Idi Amin and start just showering himself with ridiculous titles and medals.

Unironically this would be great