Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

jackyl posted:

or just install Kali and metasploit and play with tutorials on your own VMs then get a pen test job

what chinese dialect is this, mandarin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I looked this up and I imagine it's filled with people who look like that goon who was a nasa janitor showing off all his tactical gear

It was pretty much exactly that and then some dudes who looked like the barf on couch goon and a lot of skinny 20-somethings in "No I won't fix your computer" shirts with dumb piercings

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
See you on the wall of sheep

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If you're going DefCon 24, you are so super-chill and not worried about thermonuclear war whatsoever.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was pretty much exactly that and then some dudes who looked like the barf on couch goon and a lot of skinny 20-somethings in "No I won't fix your computer" shirts with dumb piercings

they are all like that now even b-sides and derbycon

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

what chinese dialect is this, mandarin?

More like fagdarin! *high fives you*

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
but there are some sweet vendor parties and it's cool to catch up with people you've worked with over the years and get hammered with them while ignoring most of the talks

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

jackyl posted:

learn how poo poo is put together and then make it work differently than the person that put it together intended

So if I stick a cucumber up my rear end because I like the way it feels did I just hack god?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

So if I stick a cucumber up my rear end because I like the way it feels did I just hack god?

Less God, more the migrant farmer who doesn't wash his hands, ever

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Dr Cheeto posted:

Keep all your wireless devices in airplane mode for real you dweeb

Give Pat a Job posted:

See you on the wall of sheep

these guys know whats up. ytcracker says yo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

no that's pretty much using a cucumber as it was intended

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that line on opening morning is loving stupid tho

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Do they still give you a heads up to 'drop your tech' before throwing you into a pool?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Cantaloupe posted:

I'm going to DefeCate in a few minutes, I'll let you know how it goes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why dont they just arrest everyone there

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's hard to get the smell out of the Paddy Wagon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I thought u were going to DefQon but ur not so gently caress u

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why not arrest everyone at a gun show

Risky
May 18, 2003

Have fun at your sausage-fest nerd

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All the hookers in Vegas have their vags totally blown out by like day two. Just a heads up.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Hackers can turn your computer into a bomb be careful op 💻 💣 💥

Nah your thinking of old school 80's-90's hackers. Modern hackers are to lazy for that computer stuff. They just stab you.

Stay safe defcon goon. :(

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I remember when a "hack" was a felony that you did hard time in federal prison for and not a watered down "life hack"

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Al Cowens posted:

I remember when a "hack" was a felony that you did hard time in federal prison for and not a watered down "life hack"

life hack of the day: pay $500 to go down on a hooker for 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Don't go to any loving talks, not unless you are paid to go or it directly relates toward your current employment, as they will be on the internet within a couple months.

Hang out in the chillout room and ask questions, sit at the bar and talk to people, compete in contests (*cough* like scavenger hunt *cough*), and otherwise interact with the people around you; there's a lot to do/see at defcon, very little of it involves any talk.

This will be my 14th defcon; I miss the AP, greatly. I am doing my part to keep defcon entertaining, to some extent at least, by running the scavenger hunt.

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jul 21, 2016

• Locked thread