Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
KDE or GNOME?
KDE, I wear a suit
GNOME, I got a macklemore haircut
View Results

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
MR ROBOT is a show about computers, drugs, hacking, anarchy and some other poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQM5fU7V-MM

it'll be back at 2016.07.13

before then I think I'll rewatch the White Rose episode, that was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the show could definitely use some more swears

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i watched that show and it was dumb

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
mr robot and silicon valley are the most yospos shows on tv

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
except silicon valley is good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

actually,

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mr robot is good, if a bit overblown. they at least don't make poo poo up like "writing a vb gui" level stuff

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it sucks. couldnt finish the first season. boring and dumb

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

mr robot is good, if a bit overblown. they at least don't make poo poo up like "writing a vb gui" level stuff

when they pulled the fight club near the end of season 1

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tatsujin posted:

when they pulled the fight club near the end of season 1

it wasn't supposed to be a reveal to the audience, just a reveal to the character. in one of the first few episodes while he's with his dad they even play a version of Where Is My Mind. the question wasn't "what's happening," but "when will the protagonist figure out what is happening"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

mr robot has some half decent cyber hacking the gibsonmatrix which is refreshing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
looking forward to cameo by 50 cent

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a pretty good show about how a crazy person views the world and what happens when they fulfil their crazy dreams. the main dude is insane and you aren't supposed to identify with him.

bicycle
Oct 23, 2013
i liked it a lot for fun tv and some of the tech references but i lolled quite a lot at the obvious fight club dialog references and lost my poo poo when the piano cover of where is my mind played

i am sure the writer is like "its an homaaaaage"

will watch s2 anyway, its a fun show and not terrible

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I liked the litterrall illuminati clubhouse at the end of the last ep

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

bicycle posted:

i liked it a lot for fun tv and some of the tech references but i lolled quite a lot at the obvious fight club dialog references and lost my poo poo when the piano cover of where is my mind played

i am sure the writer is like "its an homaaaaage"

will watch s2 anyway, its a fun show and not terrible

Lobus
Jun 24, 2016

What happened here?
:parrot:

Shaggar posted:

I liked the litterrall illuminati clubhouse at the end of the last ep

But is that all part of the main characters hallucination? Or are these things actually happening?

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

indigi posted:

it wasn't supposed to be a reveal to the audience, just a reveal to the character. in one of the first few episodes while he's with his dad they even play a version of Where Is My Mind. the question wasn't "what's happening," but "when will the protagonist figure out what is happening"

even better, it was a red herring. kept people posting IS MR ROBOT REAL?! drowning out speculation of the real twist.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Lobus posted:

But is that all part of the main characters hallucination? Or are these things actually happening?

its happening. the point is that hes nuts and he obliterated the worlds economy because he doesnt understand how it works. he destroys the lives of those around him and he doesnt notice or care because hes trapped in his own paranoid world.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the hero we deserve

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
mr robot (the show) comes across as super pretentious sometimes. and I'm not sure what to think about the influences/references/homages thing... and it's really hard to like (or even care) about some characters.

but there was still some legit good episodes. I'm not exactly anxious to watch it, but I can't wait to talk about it here in the 'pos.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Shaggar posted:

its happening. the point is that hes nuts and he obliterated the worlds economy because he doesnt understand how it works. he destroys the lives of those around him and he doesnt notice or care because hes trapped in his own paranoid world.

this is a stance that the show took time to hint at. I guess if I rewatch the earlier episodes I would see elliote's bullshit monologues in a different light...

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Perplx posted:

mr robot and silicon valley are the most yospos shows on tv

some people i know talked me into watching that show IT crowd and that show was painfully unfunny but i think if it was done by a crew like million dollar extreme or tim and eric you might have a yospos contender show

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Robot Pride posted:

million dollar extreme

gently caress off outta here with that poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

we already have celery man. that's all we need

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
the only thing I saw from Silicon Valley is that scene where the guy fights the girl over spaces vs tabs

it was a pretty bad scene

but you guys can still convince me that the show as a whole is good and that scene was a cheap gimmick and not representative of Silicon Valley's usual humor

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

is silicon valley any good? i watched the first ep and was pretty neutral on it

i am a fan of tj millers non-rapping comedy, so im leaning towards maybe getting thru season 1 at least

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I love Kumail and Zach Woods, generall enjoy TJ/Martin Starr/etc. but it's not really my poo poo. and that's ok.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

i am a fan of tj millers non-rapping comedy, so im leaning towards maybe getting thru season 1 at least

it's Mike Judge so there's a whole plot arc about hiring a bunch of sales people first and having them define the product rather than bringing in engine

and a bit about a designer playing mood music while presenting options for 2U server chassis design

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

unlike most shows now that are 1hr format, each ep is about 22min and each season is 10 ep so i would recommend watching the first season because it isn't a huge time investment.

i personally love the show

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

what about halt and catch fire? i watched a couple eps and never found out if they made a bios

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

yippee cahier posted:

what about halt and catch fire? i watched a couple eps and never found out if they made a bios

first season is good, second season is boring, third season will likely be the last

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

yippee cahier posted:

i can't remember where i left off but i know i at least saw the entire first season. i really really liked it because it was pretty dark and gritty (hard to explain and i know i'm loving it up) and less kind of office-y and "safe" if that explains anything

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

yippee cahier posted:

I only know that in the single episode I watched they were complaining about static in their hotel room so they covered everything in clear polyethylene sheets (which makes no sense because that would just make the problem infinitely worse)

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Shaggar posted:

its a pretty good show about how a crazy person views the world and what happens when they fulfil their crazy dreams. the main dude is insane and you aren't supposed to identify with him.

yeah taxi driver was pretty good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
"the detour"
is legit entertaining

watch it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

idk what it is and you've provided no further information, so no.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the only info you need is the name and that it's worth watching

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's about a dude and his fam driving south in the east coast. it's over the top but somehow without being ridiculously or goofy. it's funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wqll I do like the fact that it panders to me, a resident of the East Coast, so I'll give it a shot

• Locked thread