Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
KDE or GNOME?
KDE, I wear a suit
GNOME, I got a macklemore haircut
View Results

• Locked thread
akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

What is KE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

echinopsis posted:

it's about a dude and his fam driving south in the east coast. it's over the top but somehow without being ridiculously or goofy. it's funny

sounds like it will make me want to suicide irl. enjoy ur manslaughter charge.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I've never watched the show because it looks dumb and frankly I don't have the time

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

wide stance posted:

sounds like it will make me want to suicide irl. enjoy ur manslaughter charge.

can't spell slaughter without laughter

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Symbolic Butt posted:

the only thing I saw from Silicon Valley is that scene where the guy fights the girl over spaces vs tabs

it was a pretty bad scene

but you guys can still convince me that the show as a whole is good and that scene was a cheap gimmick and not representative of Silicon Valley's usual humor

yeah that was probably the worst scene in the show. the rest is great. I made a thread about it.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
so it seems like the first episode of mr robot season 2 is already out because they streamed over the internet first

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Stereotype posted:

yeah that was probably the worst scene in the show. the rest is great. I made a thread about it.

oh and I guess I'll check it eventually because

1. you're a good poster
2. I like beavis and butthead and king of the hill

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stereotype posted:

that scene was great

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shaggar posted:

that scene was great

wrong, it was embarrassing and not even the correct argument for hard tabs

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Tatsujin posted:

when they pulled the fight club near the end of season 1

Yeah that was dumb as he'll and I wish they'd just kept Mr Robot as a not imaginary dude it was much more fun.

Also the crazy bdsm couple speaking different languages to each other is really off-putting.

Liked it overall will watch season 2/10

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Tatsujin posted:

when they pulled the fight club near the end of season 1

if u didn't see that coming a mile as away and appreciated it as an homage then maybe learn to watch things better

SmokyWings
Mar 23, 2009

I pitty the fool who doesn't have enough calcium in their diet.

Don't forget your
VITAMIN A & D!

*Milk from rBST FREE cows
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, you see ... my crtical plot point is a homage.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
this episode revealed that last season's big evilcorp hack was done by a python script

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
holy poo poo, joey bada$$ plays leon (the guy who just discovered seinfeld)

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I'm not sure if the "guy who just discovered seinfeld" bit is just bad writing or if there's something up with that. you never know with all these twists, you can't hold all of them.

what I mean is it feels like there's something off with it.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Symbolic Butt posted:

I'm not sure if the "guy who just discovered seinfeld" bit is just bad writing or if there's something up with that. you never know with all these twists, you can't hold all of them.

idk, maybe just an aside to underline the story's existentialist themes. i chuckled when he said he would have knocked kramer out by now. otherwise, yeah, i can't imagine how his character fits into the story yet

i'm a fan of joey bada$$ is all

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Symbolic Butt posted:

i just didn't buy them being friends unless they were childhood friends, why the hell would leon hang out with elliot all day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

Perplx posted:

i just didn't buy them being friends unless they were childhood friends, why the hell would leon hang out with elliot all day?

i agree. leon got like zero skin in this friendship, it doesn't make sense

but it might make sense if leon's a plant

• Locked thread