Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This would be p cool actually

C'mon UK, it's not like you're actually using those monarchs anyway, just toss 'em in the guillotine and let's unite the Anglosphere again

LGD posted:

Be real- they're not getting representation

maybe they can get upgraded from Territory status after Puerto Rico

Pfft PR keeps voting not to be a state, there's no line. All the UK would have to do is vote a little better than they just did and they'd get in easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"United Kingdom" is a p lovely name for a state though, they'd have to split into individual countries or whatever they call them

England, Scotland, Wales, and NI can be #51-54

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've never actually been to Northern Ireland but considering The Troubles it seems like kind of a bad idea to unify them with regular Ireland

Maybe the rest of Ireland can come too and we can have like a Virginia/West Virginia thing going with them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LGD posted:

the bigger issue is that there is little reason for a Republican controlled congress to add one or more new states that would be solidly politically aligned with the opposition party

well given what just happened in the UK that's certainly not true for them :v:

bad news for Scotland though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

LGD posted:

They might be racist enough, but having been sheltered by undemocratic European bureaucracy for the last several decades I'm not sure the average Englishman really has the constitution for the full blast of :911: FREEDOM :911: inherent in modern U.S. movement conservatism

It is in many cases a literal blast, fired from a gun

Al Cowens posted:

I like nice even numbers so if we do this we need to merge the Dakotas.

For England, merge the Dakotas. For Scotland, split Connecticut in half, half goes to NY and half merges with RI. For Wales, absorb Connecticut Island into MA. Continue in this vein as necessary depending on number of Ireland states.

Typical Pubbie posted:

Is there a law against a state having a monarchy?

There would be kings of at least Texas and California by now if there wasn't

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I like this but some of these names are awful

I'm not living in loving Casco :colbert:

also lol at putting Hawaii in Oregon

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spud posted:

I'd happily dump the queen for a USA passport.

It isn't easy to OFFICIALLY emmigrate to the USA, despite what you guys might think. Australia, Canada, New Zealand....hell most other countries have a points system that any idiot like me can pass. America? No Sir. Even Corporate sponsorship generally only gets you a temporary working visa and not even permanent residency.

You guys even banned the UK from the Green Card Lottery :cry:

We would never do that in Europe as that is RACIST.

e: Added officially as I obey the law.

Uhh if any of this were true clearly we wouldn't have a pressing need to make America great again, therefore it is false

Seriously though if it were up to me you'd be a state right now, just gotta introduce those royals to Monsieur Guillotine as a little show of good faith and we're good to go

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Haha git up off your fat rear end and get sewing those new flags Betsy. :clint:

courtesy of politoons thread

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can't think of a better way to transition a monarchy into a republic :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i think london should just secede from the rest of england. i think the goons referring to letting the uk become apart of the US are thinking of northerners who drink and beat each other up and eat kebabs all day,

london is full of hipster twats and bankers. throw in some cool rastafaris and punk bands and poo poo as a treat, the rest are just people trying to make it and renting a tiny room the size of an american closet while working a poo poo job and getting trashed on the weekends.

So you seem to be simultaneously pointing out that different parts of the UK have different cultures and assuming that all of the US is Texas or something (or otherwise why would this be relevant), was this intentional

Because your description of London matches every American major city I've ever seen, and hell, it even matches Austin TX so your generalization doesn't even apply to all of Texas either

• Locked thread