Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

FirstPersonShitter posted:

does anyone, anywhere steam hamburgers? I need to know.

There is a place here that does that.

quote:

• Skirt Burger •
A spectacular burger covered with a heap of shredded mixed cheese. We then steam it, forming a cheese skirt around the burger, and top it off with bacon.

Never tried it, but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tiberius Thyben posted:

There is a place here that does that.

Never tried it, but

nice try supernintendo chalmers

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
if i was a very hip grocery store in seattle right now id put all the steamed hams on sale 75 percent off...for the steam summer sale!!!

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FirstPersonShitter posted:

does anyone, anywhere steam hamburgers? I need to know.

There is a place called Ted's in Meriden, CT that steams burgers AND fries

It mostly works because of the effect it has on the cheese (super gooey)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8YouisYQtE

This place used to be me and my fiancee's favorite place to stop for food on the way between Boston and New Jersey, but after more experience and trying other places it has dropped to a solid #3 (behind Nardelli's and Rein's Deli), because honestly it's really hard to eat a super greasy cheeseburger and cheese fries in the middle of a 5-hour drive.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm thinking about posting it.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

loquacius posted:

I guess I hadn't thought about it, but I do *sort of* steam my burgers for just that effect. If I'm not doing them on the grill, I use a grill pan. After the burgers are cooked, I turn off the heat, top them with cheese, so about a tablespoon of water or beef stock in the center of the pan and pop the lid on for about a minute. Makes for good gooey cheeseburgers.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Drad_Bert posted:

Nice trap thread

my turn in the barrel
Dec 31, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8YouisYQtE

This place used to be me and my fiancee's favorite place to stop for food on the way between Boston and New Jersey, but after more experience and trying other places it has dropped to a solid #3 (behind Nardelli's and Rein's Deli), because honestly it's really hard to eat a super greasy cheeseburger and cheese fries in the middle of a 5-hour drive.

I made the mistake of stopping in on a roadtrip. i live in IL. Ended up buying a commercial Burg'r Tend'r.

I use the cooks illustrated recipe to season the meat and used Cabot CV Sharp cheese from sams club. 5oz meat to 3oz cheese if I remember right.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
SEYMOUR

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Feed me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot