Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

PaintVagrant posted:

Welp gotta go get one of those new fangled avatars. gently caress.

Be real with me, how many factions you gonna go through in Mark 3 so that I never feel like painting again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Khisanth Magus posted:

The flank thing is dumb, but I don't see it as too detrimental to Vryos1s feat to be ragequitting over it. So far I've mainly used the feat for armor cracking, and with the +2 MAT from flank my warjacks don't need to worry about missing anyways against what I am going after on that turn. I guess if I'm trying to use it to kill a camped butcher I may want to knock him down first? I guess it could also be useful against menoth for enlivened jacks, but taking 2 4 dice damage rolls(charge and flank and then free strike and flank) is going to gently caress them up anyways.

I play Vyros1 very differently than you do based on our list compositions. If V1 can't get flank bonuses on KD models I lose a lot of assassination run options. My beef had nothing to do with his feat.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

This thing with Engaged and Knocked Down is also shedding light on the cracks in the Infernals ruling system.

Having one guy rule one way, then the opposite way, on interactions with the same rule is beyond inconsistent.

The flaw is in how Knocked Down is written, and the "fix" removes Charge's interaction with Engaged - By describing Engaged while avoiding the keyword. It's an unfortunately poor choice, especially when people are still forming first impressions in a transition.

An actual fix would be to allow the acting player to choose whether his models Engage with a knocked-down model. Fixing a problem for some situations (but not others) is exactly how you end up with clumsy, confusing gotcha mechanics and D&D Next.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

Be real with me, how many factions you gonna go through in Mark 3 so that I never feel like painting again

You've just earned an honorary membership in our local Troll PV Nonstop club, gratz.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

moths posted:

This thing with Engaged and Knocked Down is also shedding light on the cracks in the Infernals ruling system.

Having one guy rule one way, then the opposite way, on interactions with the same rule is beyond inconsistent.

The flaw is in how Knocked Down is written, and the "fix" removes Charge's interaction with Engaged - By describing Engaged while avoiding the keyword. It's an unfortunately poor choice, especially when people are still forming first impressions in a transition.

An actual fix would be to allow the acting player to choose whether his models Engage with a knocked-down model. Fixing a problem for some situations (but not others) is exactly how you end up with clumsy, confusing gotcha mechanics and D&D Next.

All of this. The current state of rulings is why I've decided to step away, to give them time to get their poo poo together. Right now there's clearly no larger overall vision and it's just a bunch of reactionary patches

S.J.
May 19, 2008

moths posted:

Fixing a problem for some situations (but not others) is exactly how you end up with D&D Next.

I'm laughing pretty hard right now, this is great

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

Blood of Kings spoilers I've already kind of spoiled book is about vinter returning and culminates with a vinter + rebels + feora vs Cygnar army with king Leto, Stryker, siege, kraye and Caine + mercs following Magnus and vinters son. Magnus knows how to destroy the armor that makes vinter essentially immortal. Long story short, vinter dies, Leto gives up the throne, and Caine leaves Cygnar because he seriously pissed off cygnar head spymaster/assassin

Anything big happen with Feora?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Well now I'm gonna have to read the loving fluff UGH THANKS THIS IS TURNING MORE AND MORE INTO WARHAMMER EVERY MINUTE

I am being sarcastic okay

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
High Exemplar Kreoss - WJ: +29
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)
- Redeemer - PC: 11

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Anastasia di Bray - PC: 3

Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

Gonna toss this at S.J.'s blue boys tonight. I think I got this. I ain't afraid of no stormnouns.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Magres posted:

Anything big happen with Feora?

she set a lot of people on fire then got a verbal beat down and more or less dragged off by kreoss who was very pissed. Thyra had fun repeatedly shanking Caine though, so PoM didn't have a completely wasted trip!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

she set a lot of people on fire then got a verbal beat down and more or less dragged off by kreoss who was very pissed. Thyra had fun repeatedly shanking Caine though, so PoM didn't have a completely wasted trip!

Then she got a pony for her birthday.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'd love for Kreoss to somehow become Hierarch after Severius kicks the bucket eventually. I love a good holy war as much as the next Menoth player, but it'd be nice if we weren't so goddamned evil to our own people, and from what I know Kreoss is pretty chill about showing people mercy when they screw up.

E: Question, can I buy faction decks in Warroom with Android money already on my account? I have $15 from doing surveys that's probably going to start expiring at some point, and I'm either going to burn it on lovely phone games I won't really play if I can't use it on Warroom. Otherwise, I'll start trundling my way through the factions' decks as I get that sweet, sweet questionnaire cash.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

Fyrbrand posted:

You've just earned an honorary membership in our local Troll PV Nonstop club, gratz.

I barely even paint anymore!

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Magres posted:

E: Question, can I buy faction decks in Warroom with Android money already on my account? I have $15 from doing surveys that's probably going to start expiring at some point, and I'm either going to burn it on lovely phone games I won't really play if I can't use it on Warroom. Otherwise, I'll start trundling my way through the factions' decks as I get that sweet, sweet questionnaire cash.

Yep. This is probably the biggest reason why the price increase hasn't really fazed me.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Khisanth Magus posted:

Blood of Kings spoilers

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again now, Blood of Kings is actually really well written and worth the time to read. It's a legit, full-length novel and Seacat writes a good war story.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Cross-posting my Fatman from the Oath thread:

GoodBee posted:

With username:

More photos:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rantmo posted:

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again now, Blood of Kings is actually really well written and worth the time to read. It's a legit, full-length novel and Seacat writes a good war story.

Wasn't there some huge long discussion on how lazy/terrible/Mary Sue-loving Seacat was in the old thread?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

fnordcircle posted:

I've played 5 games. The new version will take some getting used to but what really gets my dander up is some of this stuff that's come up screams 'they lied about 3 years playtesting and this is something of a rush job' which is annoying when I've just bought cards yesterday and some of them already need replacing.

I'm not ready to quit or something silly like that, but I'm not very stoked with what they've put out, so far.

Also like I agree with this post in general but also would like to draw attention to the bolded, italicised text, which I think is quite neat.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

albany academy posted:

Wasn't there some huge long discussion on how lazy/terrible/Mary Sue-loving Seacat was in the old thread?

I think that was in reference to the Hailey + Twins novel centering on dragons.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GoodBee posted:

He looks good man. I love that metal.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

waah posted:

He looks good man. I love that metal.

Thanks! The metal is the part my brother gives me the most poo poo about since I just drybrush the hell out of it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Given that Vinter is dead as a doornail I do not think there is much need to worry about that happening!

Dead? That's a Cygnar problem. Gaspy is dead too, doesn't slow him down. Vinter for next Cryx caster.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

KPC_Mammon posted:

I think that was in reference to the Hailey + Twins novel centering on dragons.

Yeah, Haley is a pretty loving dull protagonist. The Dragon Twins were more interesting, and the stuff with the dragons themselves was pretty badass actually. That's a really short novella at least, under 200 pages as I recall.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

GoodBee posted:

Thanks! The metal is the part my brother gives me the most poo poo about since I just drybrush the hell out of it.

Drybrushing's a really useful and good technique for a lot of things! Nothing wrong with using the best tool for the job.

Fatman looks dope as hell.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

theironjef posted:

Dead? That's a Cygnar problem. Gaspy is dead too, doesn't slow him down. Vinter for next Cryx caster.

As a devoted Cryx player I approve of this message.

Edit: Also, really starting to get a hankering to make a Scaverous or Venethrax list now. I know some local lists that Vene would eat for breakfast in MkIII.

Gearhead fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 1, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Not gonna be a tournament winner, but I expect this list to be fun unless I am facing all the AOEs ever.

War Room Army

Skorne - All Stealth

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Lord Assassin Morghoul - WB: +29
- Aradus Soldier - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 18)
- Aradus Soldier - PC: 18 (Battlegroup Points Used: 11)
- Cyclops Brute - PC: 8
- Cyclops Raider - PC: 9

Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4
Paingiver Bloodrunner Master Tormentor - PC: 4
Void Spirit - PC: 4
Void Spirit - PC: 4
Totem Hunter - PC: 6
Croak Hunter - PC: 4

Paingiver Bloodrunners - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9
Paingiver Beast Handlers - Leader & 5 Grunts: 7
Paingiver Bloodrunners - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

---

GENERATED : 06/30/2016 23:00:14
BUILD ID : 2021.16-06-25

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

TheInvisiblePooka posted:

My storm blade standard bearer has never fallen apart or bent on me.

However, it will fall the gently caress over all the time for being a top heavy as poo poo model.

Jesus gently caress you weren't joking. How does something like that even get released? I'm going to have to weigh the poo poo out of that fucker.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The worst offender is a variant of Striker2 leaping over a wall on his horse with a flag. THAT is top heavy.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

AnElegantPeacock posted:

High Exemplar Kreoss - WJ: +29
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 16)
- Reckoner - PC: 16 (Battlegroup Points Used: 13)

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord - PC: 4
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios - PC: 7
Anastasia di Bray - PC: 3

Exemplar Errants - Leader & 9 Grunts: 16
- Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard - Officer & Standard: 4
Choir of Menoth - Leader & 3 Grunts: 4
Knights Exemplar - Leader & 5 Grunts: 9

Gonna toss this at S.J.'s blue boys tonight. I think I got this. I ain't afraid of no stormnouns.

Good game, dude! Holy poo poo Sword Knights + Rhupert are just god drat mean.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gearhead posted:

The worst offender is a variant of Striker2 leaping over a wall on his horse with a flag. THAT is top heavy.

If you're talking about Stryker 3's model, that thing is top heavy but very centrally balanced. It plays perfectly.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
Going to play my first game tomorrow morning with my bud. Zero points besides what the warcasters give.

Want to use Caine2, so I know I need something to crack high ARM targets like Khador. (My friend has Retribution and Skorne starters though)

Do I go with Ol'Rowdy+Charger or Hunter+Defender?

Red Hood fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jul 1, 2016

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
I'm tempted to buy a Menoth battlebox but I really don't need yet another Revenger or Repenter. Wish the lights were multi-kit or there was ever a metal Vigilant just to be able to convert them to something I might ever need.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

S.J. posted:

If you're talking about Stryker 3's model, that thing is top heavy but very centrally balanced. It plays perfectly.

Is it Striker3? I don't play Cygnar so I'm not super familiar. It always looked like it was on the verge of falling over to me. Good work on their end, I suppose.

Demon Hunter
Jul 18, 2005

GoodBee posted:

No chalice full of Mountain Dew and lack of Cheeto Dust technical effects???

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Exinos posted:

I'm tempted to buy a Menoth battlebox but I really don't need yet another Revenger or Repenter. Wish the lights were multi-kit or there was ever a metal Vigilant just to be able to convert them to something I might ever need.

Repenter spam is the new meta haven't you heard

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

S.J. posted:

Even without Rhupert. 8's to hit when you're mat 7. That was depressing. Having them tar pit and devour a unit of errants and knights was unexpected to say the least. I expected them to be poo poo like in MkII.

Also, I am really bad at this game now. I shouldn't have taken like 4 years off. To be fair I was bad before but I was playing Cygnar during MkII and I was too proud to play either Haley.

I think I'll swap in indrians and see how they do. Also I won't totally waste Kreoss's feat.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jul 1, 2016

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

How heavy are the metal 30mm bases that PP makes? I wonder if they'd be heavy enough to counteract the standard bearer's stupid balance issues. That and maybe a penny under whatever base I make for it, which will have to be more elevated than a normal Basius pad base because of how low the sword dips. This was not a well conceived model.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Demon Hunter posted:

No chalice full of Mountain Dew and lack of Cheeto Dust technical effects???

Nah. rkajdi did though.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

S.J. posted:

What list did you use? Currently I have them in a Haley 3 list because Def 17 makes me giggle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

GoodBee posted:

Are these torture-free, free-range, happy titan babies carrying their pal around because they just love him so darn much? :3: