Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Simon The Digger posted:

I was hanging out in the Romhacking.net IRC channel the other day, and mentioned that an LP of Hourai was being done, and Gideon Zhi happened to be there. He hit me with a fun fact: Equipping weapons and armor in this game does absolutely nothing. Due to a screw-up in the code, whenever a battle starts your stats are reverted to their base no-equipment amount, and as soon as the battle ends your stats go back to what they should be. There are more details here, for those who are interested.

Huh. Has anyone thought of making a patch to actually implement these? Or was the game inadvertently balanced for this no-gear run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Kemix posted:

Leroy'll get an exclusive party member down the road at some point then, right? Otherwise it seems to me the girls side of the story gets the upper hand here.

It seems like the girls' side of the story gets the upper hand everywhere. For instance, the way the guys all live in horrible squalor while the girls are pretty pampered princesses.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

What's with all the weird line breaks in

the update?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Didn't Earthbound also have a giant robot that you first dungeoned in, then controlled?

• Locked thread