Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Here is a game that has Portal in the title, maybe you will like it Kewpuh

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374040

and here is some game about a bunny dude fighting a bunch of egyptian gods maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

FactsAreUseless posted:

I strongly recommend you play Dragon's Dogma.

is that the rpg thats 2d and has the characters with the enormous tits because i think i have it already and didnt care for it but those tits man, they were huge

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Here is a game that has Portal in the title, maybe you will like it Kewpuh

http://store.steampowered.com/app/374040

and here is some game about a bunny dude fighting a bunch of egyptian gods maybe

http://store.steampowered.com/app/441280

second one looks cool first one looks like rear end poo poo though literally butt poo poo. i hate sandbox and crafting games like minecraft or the other one with earth digging

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

is that the rpg thats 2d and has the characters with the enormous tits because i think i have it already and didnt care for it but those tits man, they were huge
That's Dragon's Crown. Dragon's Dogma is a third-person action-rpg.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kewpuh posted:

How were you even a games mod

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shameful.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

im playing p3p, #fe and vlr right now

like literally all at the same time

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

How were you even a games mod

ummm because i was number 2 rank quake 2 player in the world maybe??????? you think of that ?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

ummm because i was number 2 rank quake 2 player in the world maybe??????? you think of that ?
Yeah, and now the number one player is Games mod. :c00l: *fires rocket launcher wildly in wrong direction*

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

did you play doom (do4m??) fau. that was a good one

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Wii U is a great Zelda machine.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I want to go through more of my games backlog, but everything looks boring. I kinda just want to play a bunch of Igavanias over again. Steam and PSN have done a very good job of convincing me to buy games I'll never actually be interested in playing... I haven't even bought anything during this Steam sale, but I wanna say 85% of my steam is filled with crap I'll never play.

Gonna try and make a final decision tomorrow. Gotta focus!

irlZaphod posted:

im playing p3p, #fe and vlr right now

like literally all at the same time

Haven't beaten P3P in quite some time, that sounds good too... nnnngh decisions. I've been wanting to replay VLR too, but I don't have access to a copy right now, so that's off limits.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

second one looks cool first one looks like rear end poo poo though literally butt poo poo. i hate sandbox and crafting games like minecraft or the other one with earth digging

Idk, I think it looks kinda cute and it looks like it has a lot more depth to it than stuff like minecraft, tho yeah if you don't like crafting games and sandbox games then you're not gonna like it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

did you play doom (do4m??) fau. that was a good one
I haven't yet, it's on my list when the price drops in a couple years.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's on my list when the price drops in a couple years.

My man :hf:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

personally, i am waiting for the witness to be ~$15

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Can anyone tell me how the recently released vita version of Adventures of Mana plays? Is it really clunky, or is it actually fun? I really liked the cutesy classic FF art it offers, but the screenshots I saw made it look like they used the bare minimum effort for UI placement. I like hack and slash games though, so I've been debating on getting it for several days now.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Reposting this from the June thread, there is 'Tendo T-shirt contest starting today.

According to the Q&A:

Kid Icarus not on the list 0/10

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Kewpuh posted:

is there a new bloodborne or portal 2 yet
There are a few cool Portal-like games actually. Gateways is 2D portal on steroids and Quantum Conundrum was the next puzzle game from the Portal creators. TheTalos Principle and Antichamber are also really good first pirson puzzle games but it's more like they feature a similar atmosphere to Portal but they have different mechanics.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Hello July thread.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Grimace posted:

Can anyone tell me how the recently released vita version of Adventures of Mana plays? Is it really clunky, or is it actually fun? I really liked the cutesy classic FF art it offers, but the screenshots I saw made it look like they used the bare minimum effort for UI placement. I like hack and slash games though, so I've been debating on getting it for several days now.

It is basically a beat for beat remake of the original gameboy game, down to enemy AI and amount of dialog.

Like if you can't imagine popping in the original cartridge and playing it again, it's not going to be terribly different outside of the obvious graphical and music improvements (the music is so loving good).

The UI is bad but that's because it was a phone game first and the UI ends up only blocking like dungeon walls, it's pretty easy to see.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also you can straight up use the game boy music since you can toggle it at any time.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1iQE0zj-h0

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I thought Amazon would have a slightly cheaper price for the Overwatch PC port...but no, now it's more expensive.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B017NP822W/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

:negative:

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
That Street Fighter V game got its big single player cinematic story mode update today as a free DLC thing. It's way better than I expected and has the most plot and personality that I personally have ever seen in a fighting game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Love Stole the Day posted:

That Street Fighter V game got its big single player cinematic story mode update today as a free DLC thing. It's way better than I expected and has the most plot and personality that I personally have ever seen in a fighting game.

That's good to hear. Did the add in the store yet? Or are the new characters still free to play? I bought a fighting stick for SFV but I haven't touched it since before Guile was released.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

I'll probably check this out soon-ish. Is it all voice-acted like Mortal Kombat, or is it cutscenes with text boxes?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, I watched some yesterday and really enjoyed it. Looks like the new Mortal Kombat story mode style is here to stay, and I'm just fine with that. Not that I should even weigh in since I don't get these games until they're dirt cheap, but I like that approach

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Can't wait to dip back into this and realize I lost the timing for all of Karin's poo poo. At least I still remember what my hit-confirm is :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

poo poo, that reminded me. The dance-floor road in Mario Kart 8 is pretty good, too. The little floor tiles light up with colors where people are driving over them.

Roads are not floors.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

Can't wait to dip back into this and realize I lost the timing for all of Karin's poo poo. At least I still remember what my hit-confirm is :negative:

Thankfully SFV is so well designed every character only has one combo to worry about so in 15 minutes you'll be back up to speed.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I thought to myself, "I bet the next CrowbCat video is going to be about Battleborn"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

Roads are not floors.

a road is a floor

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

All video game roads are definitely floors at heart.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

a road is a floor

my favorite floor is Sweden in Dirt Rally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

a road is a floor

Yeah and my favorite ceiling is the sky. Grow up.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kewpuh posted:

is there a new bloodborne

Dark Souls 3 is more like Bloodborne than any other game in the franchise so if you didn't play that yet you can try it???

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

In Training posted:

a skybox is a ceiling

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In Training posted:

All roads are floors, but not all floors are roads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

In Training posted:

Somebody is cranky in the chat thread :(

• Locked thread