Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

TomViolence posted:

My reaction when no Govation in the OP.

:barf:

It's so weird. This is genuinely unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Fans posted:

He's done fine in every electoral test set so far. "Unelectable" is the refuge of people who don't have an actual reason he can't be PM.

I want him to stay on a bit longer too, but also want him to resign if there is solid evidence that his grassroots support isn't translated into actual mainstream votes.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Council By-election results are so swingy they arn't that much use except in large numbers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TomViolence posted:

Considering making this my av, but I'd need to shrink it down to something acceptable to the FASCIST MODS

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
The PLP have a plan, and the plan is Eagle to the rescue

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Never mind the clapping what the gently caress is going on with his face. He looks like his mouth is malfunctioning.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I'm amazed people think Angela eagle would be a good replacement. I mean holy loving lol

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

If Jeremy resigned then Andy Burnham wouldn't have to betray anyone to run for leader

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Never mind the clapping what the gently caress is going on with his face. He looks like his mouth is malfunctioning.
He's not real. Failed CGI Tory Brexit leader.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Right-wing Zizekism.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Total Meatlove posted:

The PLP have a plan, and the plan is Eagle to the rescue

Also if anyone is worried that 10% is not much, don't forget this is only Members. Affiliated Union Supporters and Registered Supporters are not included and last time they turned out far high majorities of the vote for Corbyn. Last time Registered Supporters was around 80% Corbyn and the Unions 60%. So he's looking pretty good right now.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

qhat posted:

If Jeremy resigned then Andy Burnham wouldn't have to betray anyone to run for leader

but he's leaving to run for Mayor of Manc...

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

TomViolence posted:

Every time I see this clip I think it's been edited like that Putin gif but no those are his actual hands doing those actual movements.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

That poll was taken after a week of the PLP doing all they could to completely destroy the man

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I have it on good authority that he's a poo poo lay, our next pm.

Makes me miss Ed "The Shagger" Milliband all the more.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

TomViolence posted:

This is still funny every time. I don't know why because it's just so quirky. This is a man currently running for Prime Minister, world. (at least until it all changes again tomorrow.)

I'm also surprised we didn't get JEREMY CORBYN ATE MY HAMSTER! at some point, but there's still time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's not worth anything, but despite being a regular Yougov user, who they will know is a Labour member, they didn't ask me about the Labour leadership. Instead the last survey I got was about internet browsers. God it was so dull. I loving loathe those brand surveys they do.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

TomViolence posted:

I come across many conspiracy theorists in my line of work and often hear about, "the Lizard people" which often gives me a chuckle. All that said, whatever that thing is it is not human.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Laradus posted:

This is still funny every time. I don't know why because it's just so quirky. This is a man currently running for Prime Minister, world. (at least until it all changes again tomorrow.)

try attempting the same mouth motions, its so loving WEIRD.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
In other news, the Home Affairs Select Committee have finally published their report of the Prostitution inquiry, with the general result being "basically just the same", although they do recommend reform of solicitation and brothel-keeping laws.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Imagine Michael Gove riding ye. Imagine him coming up, tapping on yer face, telling you to shush and then spraying you with loads of white stuff and writing his name in on ye.

Aye I just described the opening to Pob, what of it?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Make brothels legal

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!

TomViolence posted:

Every time I see that I can't help but think of this.

"You have a woman's hand, m'lord!"

Edit: though for Gove a child's hand is probably more accurate.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I bet Gove shouts "Tally Ho" to let his wife know he's done.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Baloogan posted:

try attempting the same mouth motions, its so loving WEIRD.
Is he known to suffer from a neurological condition of some sort? It's hard to imagine that those are voluntary movements.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Ersatz posted:

Is he known to suffer from a neurological condition of some sort? It's hard to imagine that those are voluntary movements.

I think he's just a spaz

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I initially thought he was talking to himself, then clearing his throat, then running his tongue over his teeth. Nothing normal fits.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Let's not concentrate on what gove or may look like and more their reprehensible policies and personalities?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

This makes me wonder how many stupid face movements I make when I don't realise I'm being watched

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/748577259561324544

This is bad for... wait what?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tesseraction posted:

Considering making this my av, but I'd need to shrink it down to something acceptable to the FASCIST MODS

How about this? Not sure what the file size limits are but it's at least the right dimensions

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TinTower posted:

In other news, the Home Affairs Select Committee have finally published their report of the Prostitution inquiry, with the general result being "basically just the same", although they do recommend reform of solicitation and brothel-keeping laws.
What's the chances that this actually turns into something that is good for sex workers?

(Bearing in mind that hope is a lie)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

This is bad for Dan Hodges

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Why is E.T. apologising for other's reactions?

Or by E.T. do they mean Gove?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Angepain posted:

How about this? Not sure what the file size limits are but it's at least the right dimensions

Better but still much too large - I can remove frames myself but will probs do it on Saturday or summat when I'm at my Photoshop machine.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
I believe it's Emily Thornberry. Shadow Foreign Secretary.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Guavanaut posted:

What's the chances that this actually turns into something that is good for sex workers?

(Bearing in mind that hope is a lie)

It's a complete half-arsing of the issue. The report is a good start, though, by proposing the decriminalisation of soliciting and brothel-keeping – two major legislative asks of sex worker rights advocates.

The problem is parliamentary politics. The Lib Dems and Labour left are pro-decriminalisation, the Labour right are pro-Nordic model, and the Tories are all over the place based on what faction they're in. Labour will almost certainly try to amend it in the Lords to include the Nordic model, especially as they've never really liked Corbyn anyway.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

TomViolence posted:

Someone needs to make an alternate version of Ted Cruz for human president.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Did anything happen in the last 9,000 posts of June's UKMT (edit: roughly June 24, noon GMT) that wasn't covered in the OP? I don't have the time to read that much, but I could use the schadenfreude right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Grundulum posted:

Did anything happen in the last 9,000 posts of June's UKMT that wasn't covered in the OP? I don't have the time to read that much, but I could use the schadenfreude right now.

• Locked thread