Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

the 80s and the 90s both ruled, though.

WickedHate posted:

If it were somehow possible, I would live in the 90s forever.

Dan DiDio has some pamphlets for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

No. Some pop culture in the 80s was great, but living through them was awful.

I was seven years old at the end of the decade so as far as I was concerned everything ruled.

Good thing I've grown up enough to realize how severely the opposite of that is true for every decade of human existence :smith:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DrProsek posted:

I was born in '91. I cannot remember anything specific about the 90s other than they were pretty good.

Rap music and creative soft drinks were involved.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

Hip hop only got good in the 90s. There are a few exceptions but most rap before that decade is pretty terrible.

Grandmaster Flash exists, you terrible infant.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Why the gently caress are my tax dollars funding public schools if every kid is still not learning a loving thing

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lencho posted:

Your favorite band is Hollywood Undead.

That sounds like some monster high tie in band

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm not being nostalgic, I was barely alive for most classic hip hop and I'm white as poo poo, it definitely wasn't a big part of my upbringing or childhood

It's good because it is good, not because it's old, is my point I guess.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You guys talking about country music should check out Old Crow Medicine Show or the Steeldrivers, not everything being recorded this century is crossover friendly garbage designed to let people in red states who make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year feel like they're still redneck.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

JoshTheStampede posted:

Wait, do people not like Humberto Ramos?

He's bad. He was good but now he's bad. Unfortunately it happens to a lot of artists.

Mind you I'm one of the few people in BSS willing to admit that he was ever good in the first place.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bachalo has always been good and probably will always be good. He's always been one of my favorites.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mr Hootington posted:

You are a very special flower.

The rare and exotic dipshit blossom

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What's the over/under on this Gotham TV show introducing Dick Grayson while Bruce is still a little kid. I figure it goes up by 25% every season this manages to inexplicably stay on the air.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pretend I sang a little song here called "You Should Be Reading Superman"

And welcome to bss

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

I've been reading it digitally. I like it a lot so far, but I want to limit how many physical comics I get because of space.

I'll probably switch to getting it physically when Darth Vader ends in a few months.

Oh, if you're reading it digitally, I think that counts as being on your 'list'. I think 'pull list' sort of means 'whatever comics I'm reading every month' since digital is blurring the edges.

What else you readin' digitally? Detective is real good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

More people saw the 1989 Batman film than have read Batman comics and that makes it the prevalent version of Batman.

More people have seen the Nolan Batman films at this point and it's much fresher in people's minds.

I like the Burton Batman better myself but I really doubt it's still the prevalent version of Batman to the general public.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I tried reading the Sailor Moon manga and the art is just. So off putting.

Much like your posting

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

I've seen two different people expressing their desire for a new Spawn movie today. So when the cops finally take me down, you'll know why I did it.

You're sure it wasn't just Todd McFarlane in slightly different fake mustaches each time?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CapnAndy posted:

Just enough to see that it was a lovely "oh I pointed my camera at the TV at a weird angle, that's good enough right" thing and then I closed it.

Seriously though, why has the DIC dub been scrubbed from youtube, it's weird.

Probably because of VIZ's new dub that they're doing now. Which is really good, actually.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

Had quite the interesting day today, as me and a friend decided to go out to the beach, only to find out it was a nude beach when we got there.

Dear Penthouse,

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

I have... pop figures

I found your problem.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Edge & Christian posted:

I don't remember if it was a real argument or talking point or a joke but yes, the idea was that her tits were made stronger by a yellow sun, so they would be depowered into normal breasts under a red sun.

Just like Superman's dick and balls.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

His wife and their mutual lover also took off with his kids.

Open relationships never work.

William Moulton Marston would like to have a word.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jordan7hm posted:

I've been reading a lot of Brubaker and Darwyn Cooke stuff lately and along with this talk of Moore's work, it got me thinking.

I've enjoyed literally everything I've read by both Brubaker and Cooke, and I can't think of any other writers for whom that holds true. My other favorites, like Lemire or BKV, either have particularly crappy books or else have a noticable hole in their game (BKV's inability to finish books without going off the rails).

So... Who are the creators who can do no wrong by you?

Cooke is probably one for me too. Grant Morrison comes close. Greg Rucka would also be one. He hasn't done much but so far I could put Tom King on that list too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Cooke is the easy answer. I don't think there's a single creator with a flawless track record, everyone has a dud in their career.

Mike Wieringo never drew a book I didn't love to look at.

Oh poo poo if we can count artists that have never let us down, that's a whole different story.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If there was a thread I was not allowed to post in I don't think I'd keep it bookmarked

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I really hope someone at your shop got in a huff about Squirrel Girl's cover this week.

Squirrel Girl making a :chloe: in his goggles there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The only reason to own any physical object is that you enjoy using it for the function it provides. If you keep comic books or toys or whatever you had better like reading/playing with/looking at them, because they are not going to make you any dang money.

e: Hey BSS what are the good Dark Horse Alien/Predator/Other 80s action franchise comic books to read??

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 30, 2016

• Locked thread