Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Toxxupation posted:

Wildstorm was pretty neat, but the 90s outside of the best rap there ever was until the mid-late 2000s when KanYe/etc hit the scene and made people stop the faux gangsta rap bullshit that poisoned the early 2000s were pretty much a cultural wasteland. Television, video games, comics, music outside of rap, all just...a deep, deep embarrassment.

You are fundamentally wrong. Based on this, I'm going to assume that, like WickedHate, you are too young to have actually experienced the 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

You sure about that? Pregnant Spider-Man has happened in the comics at least once.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

How did I go almost twenty years without seeing that ad again, only to see it twice in the chat thread in the last year?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

People are getting outside, walking, and occasionally interacting with new people, so that's kind of nice. I'm certainly getting more exercise, even if it's light. And it's been a remarkable team building exercise at work (I work at a cell phone store, so everyone jumped on pretty much immediately).

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L8qImFABck&t=157s

Yeah, all that's fine, but I also hear about people getting shoved, yelled at or having nerds loiter in their place of business waving their arms like morons.

Yeah, there's a bit of that, but it'll settle down after the initial furore passes.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

JoshTheStampede posted:

Unless "navigation app" is another category Apple allows to do that. While I'm sure Niantic would disagree, I assume Apple considers Poekmon Go to be a game and not a navigation app.

Considering how much the game sucks at actually pinpointing your location, I'd say Niantic's protests would ring hollow there.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I've been forced to accept that movie Batman will always be more comfortable with killing (directly or indirectly,) than comic book Batman. I'm never going to be comfortable with it, but I doubt it'll ever change. Something about movies seems to make it inevitable.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

The best posters can also be assholes.

In fact it's more often than not.

It's the internet. We're all assholes.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

site posted:

lol sorry I guess my post could be taken that way I'm kinda in a mental funk and not writing that well lately I was genuinely curious as to what they thought was bad about it though I'm still learning about what's good and what's not

No, you phrased the question just fine. There's nothing wrong with the art on Squirrel Girl. It's technically competent, dynamic, and well-suited to its context. What you're seeing is a bunch of posters treating their subjective opinions ("I do not enjoy this art") as objective fact ("This art is poo poo").

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

WickedHate posted:

I know someone into My Chemical Romance enough that they call Gerard Way daddy.

You need new friends.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

WickedHate posted:

Thanks yall. It looked dire but my sister is gonna be okay for now. I really appreciate the :sympathy:, helped me make it through the night.

So, naturally, I'm still set to shove Saga in her face. She doesn't like capes but between that and helping her finish her Tank Girl collection I can still refine her into a comic geek yet. She's a good kid.

She's got a good sister. Glad she made it through, and that you'll still have a chance to bring a smile to her face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Seconded.

• Locked thread