Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Level Seven posted:

Amazon just sent me an email about getting the preorder watch so start refreshing your inboxes.

Also I hope you didn't pre-order multiple copies, because Amazon will only give you one loving watch no matter what.

e: Though you might be able to get a refund minor prime subscription extension if you're pushy enough. Amazon couldn't poo poo this up more if they tried.

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Warning, I'm linking to GAF, but it looks like Watch people might not be out of the woods yet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216331495&postcount=3813

Hope yours doesn't come cracked.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Mine from Gamestop.com arrived today also with a small crack and numerous scratches on the display case. Life is simply unfair.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

voltcatfish posted:

Warning, I'm linking to GAF, but it looks like Watch people might not be out of the woods yet

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216331495&postcount=3813

Hope yours doesn't come cracked.

I'll take it if it means I can complain and try to get the second watch I ordered that Amazon decided I can't have.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Got my watch, but it looks like there are some scratches on the top part of the face. I have seen pictures of other watches with identical scratches, so maybe they're intentional?

Glad to have one, regardless. This series wasn't on my radar until after VLR was given away for free on PS+, so I missed out on the other watches. I'm not big on memorabilia or collector's items, but I was looking forward to this one.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They're intentional, yeah.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Got my watch. The display case wasn't smashed to poo poo like some other people's and the watch isn't damaged EXCEPT for a tiny extra scratch on the front that isn't one of the intentional ones. I still like it.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
I finally beat this game and it was kinda dumb at the end but I liked it a lot?? I was invested in the whole ??? end of VLR and this game having that kind of parasite/6TH DIMENSIONAL BEING/player character thing but w/e, it's all an evil grandpa I guess. And there are apparently extra-dimensional aliens(?) canonically now, so... who knows.

The decision to make Junpei a ROGUE COP ON THE EDGE was amazing. This character is not disillusioned with life after being trapped in a death maze by their childhood sweetheart, it was all the human trafficking cases he took on afterwards?? ok. Also the SHIFTing was so so so so stupid, why was it a powerup animation, why?

The most horrifying timeline aside from the acid baths was definitely Diana trapped in the bunker for 9 months having a breakdown, loving a 75 year old dude and then giving birth to TWINS without apparently any modern medical equipment. At least put a birthing suite in there for your mom, Delta, gently caress!

I'm really glad Phi remembered her jump-kick powers just in time for the finale. And they actually showed most of it instead of cutting away to the ceiling to save money!

Overall VLR is my favorite.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Zero just wanted to explore the world of dat boi.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

THE NONARY GAAAAAAAME!

STEAM EDITIOOOOOOOOOON!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, I wonder how changed 999's script will be.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I presume it'll be the phone/tablet version with the gameplay added back in, but who can truly say?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And with actual sprites and not portraits.

And voice acting.

So, like, almost completely different.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I need to hear the elevator scene with voice acting.

I need it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Huh, I wonder how changed 999's script will be.

does it say they changed it somewhere or are you just assuming they'll need to to accommodate not having two screens?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the whole Akane is the narrator twist would still work, not quite as well, but it wouldn't require changing the entire script.

Now Sudoku, that I wanna see.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

does it say they changed it somewhere or are you just assuming they'll need to to accommodate not having two screens?
It doesn't say they changed it, but I would assume it would have to be at least somewhat because of the two screens thing and because it wasn't written with voice acting in mind originally.

Like I'm not sure the 9/q twist really works as it, with voice acting it might be a little more shakey.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yeah 999 is going to be very weird to see considering a huge part of that game is the fact two screens are actually two different timelines/characters and the 9/q/kyuu thing

also how late it comes out in Q1 2017 is going to be spooky because the next 3-4 months is STACKED with games releases and I want the game to sell well

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

iirc the 9/q thing works cause Junpei is reading it from a letter and mistakes the letter q for a 9 in the English version which is an incredibly convenient save since they'd be sol if 9 and q weren't arguable similar looking

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Cake Attack posted:

iirc the 9/q thing works cause Junpei is reading it from a letter and mistakes the letter q for a 9 in the English version which is an incredibly convenient save since they'd be sol if 9 and q weren't arguable similar looking
IIRC the letter was something that only exists in the English localization. In the original Japanese version Zero talks about "a door that carries a [kyuu]" from the loudspeaker. This actually creates a continuity error in the English DS version since there's a flashback to the scene toward the end of the game, but what's shown onscreen is the loudspeaker despite the letter being created for the localization.

It'll be interesting to see how the voice acted version handles this. The letter will probably be what they go with, but will they just delete some of Zero's spoken dialogue, even for the Japanese dub? I'm very curious about this sort of stuff.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

I mean they actually see the q door and mistake it for a 9 so that similarity is also part of the original game.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

oh yeah

either way a clever move by the loc team

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

oh yeah

either way a clever move by the loc team

Not really, it's words junpei is hearing, not written text.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so does this game actually resolve anything in the end?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sorta. it drops some plot points and it's debatable if the plot points it resolves are resolved well, but it's generally a conclusive ending

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good enough for me, thanks.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Not really, it's words junpei is hearing, not written text.

I might be remembering wrong but I thought the idea was that it was like this in the original but they changed it so Junpei was reading it from written text

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Life is simply unfair.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I did not like the conclusion. I hope this helps.

But I also did not expect to like Carlos as much as I did.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I might be remembering wrong but I thought the idea was that it was like this in the original but they changed it so Junpei was reading it from written text

He hears it over he loudspeaker. At least in through original DS version.

I also think the conclusion is garbage. The game frantically try's to flail and generate some sort of deeper meaning but it comes out like a big, wet, fart.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
drat brat! Stop bullshitting me!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if there are infinite timelines can there really be a conclusion or dropped plot threads?? makes u think. post

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Sort of, but the "twist" is seriously terrible compared to the other two games, and (IMO) the best part of the story is something that you already know is going to happen going into it, so that's disappointing.

That said, it does have all of the best characters palling around together in a murder dungeon filled with traps and decisions, so it's still a fun ride, but god drat I don't think I've ever seen a worse twist/ending in any game ever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even a lovely ending is better than no ending at all like vlr.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What? VLR absolutely has an ending.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Raxivace posted:

VLR's ending was a teaser for a game they didn't even know would exist.

oath2order
Oct 12, 2013

It's MAGIC. I don't have to explain shit!

Raxivace posted:

How? The ending to the game is to reveal that the whole thing was a set up for ZTD . Nothing at all is resolved .

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

oath2order posted:

How? The ending to the game is to reveal that the whole thing was a set up for ZTD . Nothing at all is resolved .
The ending to the game is Sigma learning why he was kidnapped to begin with, and ultimately joining Akane's cause. That Brother and the Radical-6 outbreak were not stopped in VLR does not mean that the game has no ending or that nothing was resolved.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Zero Escape is always more about the journey then anything happening at the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

exploding mummy posted:

Life is simply unfair.

It's no use, you were born a shitter