Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"SIGMA IS OLD!"

:supaburn::aaaaa::supaburn:

"DELTA WAS THERE ALL ALONG"

:raise::what::raise:

Like, I get it, and it WAS foreshadowed, but it was just sorta... huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I enjoyed having Wesker tell me about his ~MIND HACKING~, that was nice.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually I sorta expected the finale to this game would be (spoilers for Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective) one where everything was built up to someone SHIFTing back into the past and stomping that piece of poo poo snail.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The ending was weirdly built up to. If the Force Quit Boxes had been introduced later through quantum whatevers, or by just not bringing attention to them until we approached the cusp of endgame, then I think it had worked better to build up to the finale. In VLR, all the game is built up to them finally getting to trust each other and getting everyone to 9 BP and they finally get to open the door, but the X-Door felt kinda... useless in this game. Or heck, replace the X-Door entirely with the Quit Boxes, that way finally putting all the pieces together and unlocking it feels like something that had been building throughout the entire game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Someone link to Phi's attempt to explain herself at the end of VLR here, I want to see if I can make sense of it now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I had Diana and Sigma enter the VIP shower a couple of times.

It was cute. Weird, but cute.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1904 posted:

October 1 – Phi Delta Epsilon, the international medical fraternity, is founded by Aaron Brown and eight of his friends at Cornell University Medical College.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lmao wait now that I think about it did Real American Hero Carlos actually shift to the VLR ending by running into a wall?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I choose to believe there is a timeline in which Carlos did do that.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By the way, cool detail I noticed the first time around. In the ending where Sigma and Diana hook up and make futurepastquantumbabbies, this is the status chart.

And then

This, of course, made me think Sean was Delta, so when I then went back to the Triangle Stand-Off and inserted Delta I was... confused.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Quark is just a boy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

His motives are... complex.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Back To The Alternate Dimensions was absolutely great yes.

That and the Phried timeline were the best parts of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHsHJn7lH3g

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Man Phi really wasn't much of anything near the end there, was she. Like, the minute she was fried she stopped being relevant to anything. Big shocker reuniting with your mom and dad! Holy poo poo! Also your brother is a huge dick! (Kind of?!) Let's give you like, one or two lines throughout all of that, and no epilogue file.

Actually Diana, Phi, and Sigma didn't get any epilogue files, did they? They're my favorites, someone write a nice ending where they're all a happy family and give birth to a kid named Epsilon and Phi can be a big sister.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

*breaks down the door* But then WHAT is the deal with ALL-ICE?!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DL-6 will be released into the atmosphere, ensuring complete... global...saturationnn!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Delta, thanks to the genetic switches being flipped in Diana from having so many goddamn mindjumpers and esper-superpowers around her, got the power to read minds and momentarily influence the actions of those around him.

Phi, his twin sister, could SHIFT. Just like every other character in this series. Woo. Sorta drew the short stick on the genes there.

Unless this means that Phi actually became the first SHIFTer and her appearing in 1904 is what caused humanity to adapt the ability to SHIFT.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaggy_dog_story

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

In a timeline we didn't get to see, baby Delta suddenly opens his eyes and exclaims "Father! I have come to aid you!" Surprised, Sigma drops the baby, killing it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

where was it stated that the person Mira killed was Eric's mom?

Eric's mom was the Literal Nicest Person Ever. As was the woman Mira killed. There's no reason for that woman to NOT be his mom.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I promise you, once I am a rich billionaire, I will give money to him.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

fadam posted:

But why was Eric in the experiment to begin with? I can see a purpose for everyone else (even if Mira's is a little shakey), but not him.

Introducing an element of danger so that people could SHIFT.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I wonder how incomprehensible this game would be if someone who hadn't played 999 or VLR picked it up. I mean it starts out pretty crazy from the get-go, right? I feel like the only reason I understand half of what's going on is the other games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFemhNS4We8&t=1560s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFemhNS4We8&t=3582s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFemhNS4We8&t=3848s

Terper fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 2, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like the theory that Delta mind hacked Eric into shooting him so that he'd die and not be brought along by the mass consciousness transfer. That way, CQD Delta could be morally 'clean'.

On a different note, here's the funniest line in the game.

http://i.imgur.com/cOPk3vL.gifv

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 2, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Morphogenic96 posted:

Was the whole six billion vs 8 billion deaths more than vaguely alluded to. It felt like the thing most asspullish thing.
How were Zero (and Phi) even born in the first place?

Fanatic Bio R, with its 100% mortality rate.

And because they have to be. Sort of like how Akane sets up the events of 999 so that she'll survive her childhood so she can set up the events of 999 etc.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope someone asks him where the brooch comes from

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Terper posted:

I hope someone asks him where the brooch comes from

"Its history is... complex."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I would have liked it if they had asked us to solve the anagrams instead

Ending with Zero Time Dilemma

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mind Hacking

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You've unlocked some new files.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also: dogs like cheese?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Fair enough

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's possible that after the game, 1904 Phi comes into Morphogenetic contact with someone from this game and learns of everything.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Carlos is a real superhero.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Delta might be a disappointing antagonist, but I thought Zero was great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By expanding your mind and thinking in Base-13

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hold on

*accesses the morphogenetic field*

Mhm... yeah, mhm...

Cake Attack is correct.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love the emphasis in his voice on that line

The HIGH SCHOOL PROTAGONIST

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

So how many copies did they sell in the US
On Steam according to Steamspy, about 9k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yes which is why I said about 9k!!

• Locked thread