Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for June, 2016?
This poll is closed.
:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 14 10.94%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 2 1.56%
:mufasa: Roman Reigns (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 8 6.25%
:rant: Seth Rollins (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) 9 7.03%
Dean Ambrose (WWE Champion) 76 59.38%
:sweep: Kenny Omega (FORMER IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 4 3.13%
:manning: Michael Elgin (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) 3 2.34%
:troll: Charlotte (WWE Women's Champion) 0 0%
:cthulhu: Matanza Cueto (Lucha Underground Champion) 2 1.56%
Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 4 3.13%
:scotland: Drew Galloway (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 2 1.56%
:anime: Bobby Lashley (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) 2 1.56%
:itwaspoo: Something Stinks Here (None of the Above) 2 1.56%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Last month, Roman Reigns had a good showing but was still no match for Tetsuya Naito, who became Rowdy Ringsports' favorite pro-wrestling Champion for a second month in a row, continuing the shut-out for WWE Champs this year.

Now it's time for Rowdy Ringsports to pick their Pro-Wrestling Champion for this month. To be eligible, a wrestler needs to have held any of the currently accepted title belts for at least one day of the month OR had at least one title defense since becoming Champion. This means if someone wins the title on the last day of the month and defends it that night, they're eligible, and if they win the title on the first day of the month and don't defend it at all, they're eligible. Due to popular demand, PWG Champions and the WWE Women's Champion are now included in the poll. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc (such as PWG/Lucha Underground) those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason. The Open the Dream Gate Champion has been dropped for at least this month as the promotion is currently focused on other things. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone - Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:nallears: Tetsuya Naito (FORMER IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Naito's celebrated run at the top came to an abrupt and some would say premature end at the Dominion Show at the start of the month. In an excellent match, Naito and rival Kazuchika Okada once again threw everything they had at each other, but despite plenty of outside inteference Naito wasn't able to stop New Japan's golden boy from regaining his lost title. Now Naito has to take his opportunities where he can to get back to the top, but luckily the G1 is just around the corner....

:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) - Despite interference, Okada wasn't going to let anything stop him from regaining the belt he lost to the popular, rebellious but not always successful Naito. Hitting the Rainmaker multiple times to be sure, Okada pinned Naito and regained his belt. Despite the cheers he got for his win, he claimed afterwards that the crowd truly belonged to Naito, and recognizes that despite finally gaining his long sought after Wrestle Kingdom victory over Tanahashi at the start of the year, his position as top dog and "Ace" of the promotion is by no means secure. But for now he's young, he's talented, and he's Champion once again!

:mufasa: Roman Reigns (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - After excellent matches against AJ Styles, Roman wasn't quite able to pull off the same level of performance when he went up again his old Shield buddy (and traitor) Seth Rollins, who returned from injury determined to win back the belt he never lost. To everybody's surprise Roman was pinned clean in the match by Rollins, though not longer after we learned that he had been suspended for a wellness violation. Despite that Roman is still scheduled to take part in a Triple Threat for the title at the next PPV, but for now this may be your last chance to vote for WWE's chosen one for at least a few months. Maybe.

:rant: Seth Rollins (FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion) - Seth won! After returning from injury he finally got the one-on-one title match with a clean finish that we never truly got to see between Seth and Roman back when Seth was champion and Roman was chasing him. It was a tremendous return to the top, and nothing could spoil Seth's good mood after tha-

Dean Ambrose (WWE Champion)

http://i.imgur.com/7jgBewJ.gifv http://i.imgur.com/yoLadGG.gifv
:sweep: Kenny Omega (FORMER IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Omega had been enjoying pushing his version of American pro-wrestling onto New Japan as he demanded his title defense against Tanahashi be in a ladder match, a first ever for the promotion. Unfortunately Tanahashi had to step out due to injury, but fortunately while nobody could ever truly replace Tanahashi they at least got a guy who could deliver in the ring AND was beloved by the fans. Big Michael Elgin stepped into Tanahashi's place and thus the first American style ladder match in New Japan took place between two Canadians. Omega threw every trick in the book at Elgin in a match that was overbooked to hell but actually worked thanks to the novelty factor of where and when it was taking place. When Elgin's buddies helped fight off Omega's Elite Bullet Club, it left just Omega and Elgin in the ring. Omega was on the ladder, Elgin was handcuffed to the ropes, but with a superhuman effort Elgin snapped the cuffs, took out Omega and grabbed the title. Omega's title reign came to and end, can he truly be "the Elite" now without it?

:manning: Michael Elgin (IWGP Intercontinental Champion) - Elgin's victory over Omega brought him his first New Japan singles' gold, and now with the G1 approaching bigger things could be ahead of him. For now, will Elgin go on a dominating streak as champion ala Shinsuke Nakamura, or will Omega get his belt back. And once Tanahashi is back, will Elgin have to fight his friend over the belt? New Champions mean new prospective angles, matches, rivalries and feuds, and that's a good thing!

:troll: Charlotte (WWE Women's Champion) - Sadly while the Divas' Revolution saw the brand name finally retired and replaced with the far more accurate "Women's Division", said division has really suffered recently. Matches cut short, odd angles that are quickly rejigged or aborted, and a strange storyline going on between the champion Charlotte and her new enforcer/tag partner Dana Brooke hasn't made for the most compelling viewing. Charlotte has usually been a background character to the more up-front action going on between Natalya Neidhart and Becky Lynch, though the return of first Paige and then Sasha Banks into the mix late in the month was a very, very welcome return and hopefully a sign of better things to come.

:cthulhu: Matanza Cueto (Lucha Underground Champion) - The build has begun for Ultima Lucha Dos, the second season finale of the oddball telenovela/wrestling promotion. Matanza started the month by taking out Cage in the battle between THE MONSTER and THE MACHINE. After that, the build was all (quite rightly) about everybody else trying to get their shot at him at Ultima Lucha. It was the returning Pentagon Jr who did so, defeating King Cuerno, Ivelisse, Taya, Johnny Mundo and former Champion Fenix before cutting a fantastic promo promising to break every bone in Matanza's body... and Dario's too! Will the man of ZERO FEAR be able to revenge himself upon Dario's brother THE MONSTER MATANZA at Ultima Lucha? Only time (or reading the spoilers) will tell!

Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - In yet another Battle of the Jays, Jay Lethal successfully defended his ROH Title this month against former Champion Jay Briscoe, in an excellent match only marred by poor audio for the crowd muting their response to what they were seeing. The two Jays shook hands after the match, finally putting to bed the rivalry between them from the days when Lethal claimed his TV Title was the true top belt in ROH over Briscoe's World Title. Lethal won the belt then, and he retained it now to prove he's not only the best Champion in the company, but the best Jay too!

:scotland: Drew Galloway (FORMER TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - While TNA continues to stumble and crash its way along in terms of business, promotion and management, the actual in-ring product has been said to be pretty good, especially at the top level with Drew Galloway as Champion. His reign ended this month against Bobby Lashley in a show that only went ahead following a last minute (and public!) scramble for cash, with the two proving that whatever crap might be going on around them, put two talented wrestlers in the ring and let them do their thing and they can still deliver.

:anime: Bobby Lashley (TNA World Heavyweight Champion) - Credited as having improved immensely since his days at the musclebound but green "Black Lesnar" of WWE, Lashley and Galloway both had a history of being picked as the "chosen one" in WWE at one time or another. Both also proved that the problem didn't lie on their end, as since leaving the company both have improved and shined, gaining fans and a lot of kudos. Will Lashley's latest run in TNA mean much in the long run? Who knows, but right now he is their Champion and that's hardly an embarrassment.

:itwaspoo: Something Stinks Here (None of the Above) - Hang on a second, all these new champions and you STILL don't have an option you want to vote for? If this all smells a bit funny to you (or you just want to see the results) vote this option. It's as valid a choice as any other.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roman Reigns

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
one quibble: naito/okada at dominion didn't have any interference, unless I've gone completely insane and have started to mix together poo poo in my head

anyways IT'S THE LUNATIC FRINGE MY GOD

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
Voted for the most recent Mr Money In The Bank. Because he is cool and good.

Also please change the vote for nobody to a vote for John Cena, the champion emeritus.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Eh give Dean his moment in the sun

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jay Lethal is the greatest first generation wrestler of all the times, but by gawd, lets give this to Dean because by the end of next month's time, he'll be back to Cesaro levels of significance in the WWE.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

yeah i genuinely feel like this is my one shot to vote for deano so i'm doing it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
if Roman was actually suspended while still holding the belt I'd have to give it to him but he didn't get entertaining until he wasn't champion

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

seth Rollings

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Cavauro posted:

seth Rollings

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Now that HHH has officially declared that NXT is its own brand and not developmental does that mean we can vote for their champions?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

IcePhoenix posted:

Now that HHH has officially declared that NXT is its own brand and not developmental does that mean we can vote for their champions?

Nah, it's still less prestigious than TNA.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ParanoidInc posted:

one quibble: naito/okada at dominion didn't have any interference, unless I've gone completely insane and have started to mix together poo poo in my head

Hmm, maybe there was SO MUCH interference in the Omega match that it spilled over in my memory to Naito/Okada? I was sure I recalled EVIL and SANADA being down there at one point but maybe not.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

yeah i genuinely feel like this is my one shot to vote for deano so i'm doing it

Yeah I am sure there's a more worthy candidate but the odds are I'm not gonna get to vote for him in this poll ever again, so gently caress everyone else.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Voted for Ambrose. #ScumbagNation

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

Joining in this sentiment

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I did the same thing I knocked WWE fans two years ago for and voted for Naito . He's been the best act out of any of the companies on the poll this year and I felt he lost the belt too damns oon.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:homebrew:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

*wakes up in dumpster, votes Dean Ambrose*

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Be sure to close the lid on your way back, chump.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Be sure to close the lid on your way back, chump.

Hey man I'm a proud inmate of the Ambrose asylum

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jenkem Delivery posted:

same

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I never imagined I'd be voting for anyone other than Kenny or Tana this month, but Destiny stepped in. Losing that ladder match for a still amazing but sadly less interesting bout is a very small Monkey's Paw price to pay for the shocking twist that WWE actually gave me what I want.

I may never have another chance, so I'm voting for Dean-o. Take your rightful place, Champ!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

its interesting that you've decided roman reigns official emoticon is a big cat when he is in fact the big dog. Save Musfasa for Ernie Ladd's title run

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

oatgan posted:

Save Musfasa for Ernest Miller's title run

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

the wacky line

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Honor former NWA World Heavyweight Champion Abraham Lincoln this 4th of July and vote!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It's deano because he's never getting it again and I enjoyed his cash in more than anything else this year

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I cannot vote for the #BROKENMattHardy/BrotherNero feud as the Champion Of My Heart so I must put in a NOTA vote

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kenny/Young Bucks feuding over the New Day and their shirts is feud of the year, voting the Cleaner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Kenny/Young Bucks feuding over the New Day and their shirts is feud of the year, voting the Cleaner.

No it's Zandig vs Hyde and neither is on this poll.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Petition to rename this poll the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion of the Month, and include those champions instead of all these less prestigious belts.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

Petition to rename this poll the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Champion of the Month, and include those champions instead of all these less prestigious belts.

Signed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guys, you have at least one more month to vote for Dean.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Guys, you have at least one more month to vote for Dean.

Why vote for Dean when you can vote for more deserving champions, like THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS, Matanza, or Bunny the Cat?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Scott Hall, who has held none of these titles, but has held the way more prestigious Ironman Heavymetalweight Title.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

Why vote for Dean when you can vote for more deserving champions, like THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS, Matanza, or Bunny the Cat?

I voted for the greatest WWE Champion ever, Seth Rollins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

I voted for the greatest WWE Champion ever, Seth Rollins.

Above Matanza, tied with Reigns, below Bunny. but overall, a good choice.

• Locked thread