Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?




OOC Thread

April 5th, 2026

It is a cool evening at the start of Spring. Smooth black clouds line the skies above and cast constant waves of gentle rain onto the streets of the tidy neighborhoods below. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new school year at Naoki Academy and each of you will be starting as freshmen. It's enough to fill you with anxiety but you've found the perfect way to relax: Digital Devil Worlds. The break out hit new MMO caught your eye in the last two weeks and you've tentatively put in enough to create a magnificent Avatar and to learn the basics. The intense immersive gameplay is provided by modern day VR equipment no more complicated than sets of headphones with goggles.

Tatsumi: Grandma asks that you "Keep an eye on the clock" and that you "Get up early tomorrow!" After indulging her by bowing your head low enough to receive a kiss on the cheek she retires for the night. Sitting down at your desk you find some store-bought cookies and juice. You're sure she would say that if you're going to indulge you might as well go all out.

Takashi: Even for an old estate manor your home tends to be a bit crowded but it seems fortune favors you. Your sisters are getting ready for an early bedtime and Kouta gave you a passing "Have a good time" without any cheek. He tends to favor the occasional hour-long stress relief with an old fashioned FPS and usually refers to DDW as "nerd poo poo" but he wouldn't be a brother if your bond didn't involve constant jabs.

Ryuka: Ahhh! This is the life! Your parents are out at some cushy restaurant to celebrate your Father's return home and your siblings are busy in their rooms. This leaves you to savor the rest of the night in the best way: with a fresh bag of chippus and a big bottle of cola! Your cat sleeps on your bed, curled up into a giant fluffy ball, tail occasionally rising an inch before dropping again.

Tsukiyo: Clara and Genjuro are out and you feel sincere relief that the house is all yours for most of the night. Genjuro has a way of giving you juuuuust the right amount of smug contempt that you're not using the time to train... it's truly irritating! Your Grandmother doesn't care how you spend your free time so long as your grades are strong.

Felix: Mother and Father have already started watching their favorite block of wild Japanese game shows, each crazy antic or impossible prize giving them moments of pure delight. You've got a strong hunch what the allure is... luckily your headset keeps things quiet.The thin walls of your home certainly aren't up to the job.

Noriko: Your apartment is cool, the air itself cold to the touch. Turning on the heat would disrupt the perfect sounds of the rain running along your roof and window, not to mention be entirely unnecessary and expensive. Your Mother and Grandmother are gone on some errands. Everything is serenely quiet.

---

You promised to meet someone online today. With screen name and password you log in.



As you begin to manifest inside the Velvet Room(uniquely instanced for each player) a formal pop-up notice from the development team and a quick download in the background briefs you on a new patch. It seems truly amazing that any team could generate MMO content monthly. A brand new randomized loading screen graphic introduced with the patch appears first before gradually fading away.

quote:



Welcome to Patch 1.4.3!

With this update we are adding a new series of Mindscape generators under concepts associated with martyrdom, individual welfare vs the common good, the third circle of Hell and substantial updates to all Flora asset lists. We are also opening the first wing of Etemenanki, a new raid instance suited for mid-to-high range players of all skill levels. The base of the ziggurat is guarded by maddened fey creatures and their Cruel Lord!

A preview of a shadowed outline of the hulking boss lists Tarot: Chariot, Level Range: 10-30 and Difficulty: Brutal

Misc Changes:
-Adjust efficiency of Staff Druid
-Changed Kobold Racial Power
-Adjust efficiency of Dark Sword
-Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws

Once you're finished reading that the EULA pops up again. The usual 20+ pages of text you're never going to read is defeated by the End key and you auto-scroll to the bottom where you're locked in with your options. Printed above them is the same line of text you've seen a few times before:

"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

[ ] ACCEPT
[ ] DECLINE


---

<The Great> Takamura [Ailuridae] has invited you to a group!



You've been waiting to hear from this guild! The Red Panda Appreciation Society promises a great starting base for making friends in the game, running with competent players and being supported by skilled vets. They also seem to eschew the usual try-hard mentality that wouldn't go well with having a life outside the game. As the six of you accept this invite you're warped to a Velvet Room where the owner's attendant is a tall, beautifully pale woman wearing a halter top and mini-skirt version of the usual rich blue attire. Something something, true heart of the owner... a boisterous shout from a wicked blue oni Avatar breaks the silence. Despite his intimidating poise and natural charisma he's only about 5 feet tall with a stocky, muscular build. You feel a slight touch of envy and admiration that he has a rare permanent cosmetic, a [Lit Cigarette].

: "Oiii! Good to see y'all, you pack a' newbies! You can call me Takamura-sensei!" The Kansai dialect rings true with this man. He sounds older than any of you and his Avatar has the manly charm and deep voice of one in their mid-20s. "Now we liked what we saw in yer apps, but ya gotta understand. Pandas don't just pick up any new player and load 'em down with free poo poo. So I'm here to Seer for ya! And I've got a place in mind, heh heh heh... but first thing's first, lemme see, lemme see..." He saunters around the room, casually pausing before each of you for an [Inspect].

As always, Voice or Text chat is your choice. By default you'll speak to everyone around you within a reasonable distance. You can also directly contact people with whisper chat, speak to only people in your party or even only people in your guild! You can also access other channels as the need comes up, such as [Yell]ing across an entire zone. You may also alter your voice with a filter effect, though it tends to be obvious to others.

---

Flagelo (Slayer) played by Tsukiyo Chavez

"Ahahahahaha! Oh man! Ow, the edge! I ain't seen a kid this tough since the time we dropped a toilet on the new guy!"

Lyth (Sorcerer) played by Ryuka Mitsugu

"Woah! Cute! Are you the mascot? I gotta tell ya though we're not kid friendly in here!" Takamura takes the time to pat you on the head.

Capo Kappo (Runepriest) played by Tatsumi Sato

Takamura pauses in place for a second too long. "Woah... holy... that's a really good one, dude. About the scariest drat thing I've ever seen in this game. Christ."

.attak (Battlemind) played by Takashi Kurokawa

"drat, you've got taste, dude. Pretty cool." Takamura's free hand comes up in a slow thumbs up.

Memento-Mori (Wizard) played by Noriko Mori

"Ahhh, what a cutie and a beauty! Tell me you're a real girl, yeah? You can Seer for me any day!" A whistle emote!

Brackish_Gaijin (Executioner) played by Felix Bedford III

"Pfft.. heh heh.. pfft... haha.. AHAHAHAHAHA! Yer all right, pal!" Takamura slaps you on the shoulder while guffawing. "I got yer back."

---

: "Now as I was saying, I know a place. A good Mindscape for yer level and even better... I know the host! She'll be out ALL NIGHT! Ours for the taking, am I right? Michio says I need to get my support up anyway. Two birds, one stone? Or two birds, one treasure, am I right?" He throws his arms up and laughs! "So, y'all ain't scared of a little PvP, right?!"

(Welcome to the game everybody! I'd appreciate a brisk pace, 2-3 days per combat round, that sort of thing. Give a shout in OOC Thread if anything comes up or you're low on steam and need a bit, I'll be doing the same.)

It is your decision whether or not you know each other IRL already. If you do, what is your relationship with each player? If not, what is your impression of their Online Avatar right now? Give a brief description of your Avatar and your IRL room while you're at it!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Lyth

Lyth sat, arms folded, propped up by her fat tail. Lyth was unmistakably a dragon, but she was small even for a wyrmling. Her pink scales might have seemed unusual for a dragon, but she would insist they were just another shade of red. Her head more resembled a rabbit's, with long ears, a hint of fur, and a tiny nose in place of a snout. Majestic horns sprouted up from her head, although it was hard to tell if they were attached to her tiara or not. Her long tail, dotted with characteristic scales, was punctuated by a ball of fluff at the end. A dull flame licked at her cheeks, dancing across her tiny shoulders.

She let out what could only be described as a hiss as the oni touched her head, which was warm to the touch. She instinctively tried to swat him away, but he had already moved on. "I am not a mascot, and I am not a child!" She sputtered after him indignantly, but her protests fell on deaf ears. In a huff, she folded her arms back across her chest, the flames across her shoulders flaring up ever so slightly. The tip of her tail shifted back and forth with annoyance.

Ryuka

Ryuka leaned back in her chair, without taking her headset off. She groaned loudly into the microphone, sat upon a shockingly lavish desktop. An absurd setup that was any gamer's dream, with four monitors, an expensive-looking keyboard and mouse combination, a wireless VR headset... the works. Of course, only the center monitor was on; Ryuka had no idea how to make the other ones work correctly. In fact, excluding homework, the only thing she used it for was DDW and message boards.

The rest of her room was similarly stuffed to the brim with expensive baubles, most of which were completely untouched, or still in their boxes. The only things which seemed to have garnered any sort of attention were a small collection of dragon figurines situated above her bed, each more ornate than the last. A small collection of books found their home beyond the desk, most of which were either related to dragons or school. Her fat, calico cat snoozed gently on the bed behind her, oblivious to Ryuka's indignation.

Lyth

Lyth lifted herself up on her tail, trying to get a better look at the rest of the party. The fire on her shoulders died down to a gentle flame as she put a scrutinous eye to each one in turn. She shook her head, whispering to herself, "No creativity... why would you play this game just to be a... a person! Hmph... at least one of them might have some taste..." She lingered on .attak for just a moment, lowering herself back down onto her tail.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:05

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi nodded as his Grandmother left. "Don't worry, I will." and just to be sure he set a reminder for his phone to vibrate just in case, in addition to the alarm he had for when it was time to get up. He'd had one too many mornings of his mother getting him up by throwing all the windows open and jolting him into productivity that even the annoying beep of an alarm was better. He indulged in a little drink of juice before putting his headset on. It was a decent mid-range rig; the kind that came all ready to go out of a box with little customization or configuration. But that suited him just fine.

He briefly glanced at the patch notes as he logged on. A druid? Man that could've been cool. Could've been like, a bear or something... catching salmon, getting honey, being huge... but then shrugs. No point in thinking about that now, it wouldn't be a good sign to make a new character every time something changed. He scanned through the EULA... well ok, that was a lie. He scrolled down as fast as he could. Accept. Accept. Accept. Yes my fate blah blah blah.

Capo Kappo

As he logged on he was greeted by a group invite. 'Takamu- who was this guy?' he wondered briefly before seeing the guild tag. Oh right, the panda people he had applied with! A moment of nervous hesitation followed before he accepted and found himself in the Velvet Room. He kept quiet as he listened to Takamura introduce himself. Wow this was cool. High level players got all the best stuff and fancy gear. He smiles cheerfully as he was inspected, only to be called scary. His shoulders slumped, chest fell, and gave a nervous little stammer at being called scary. "I.. it's not supposed to be scary, I'm actually..." then trailed off into a quiet mumble as the oni made his way down on the line to continue his assessments. Well, at least he didn't get laughed at.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

Taking a moment to stretch, Noriko watched the street from her window, soothed by the sound of rain and the chill in the air in her dim room. Her room had gotten a lot smaller since the accident, but she preferred the apartment they shared with her grandmother, something about the cramped space was comforting, and it let her avoid having to have too many guests. She had space enough for her bed and a small desk, with a narrow closet to keep a few things. She didn't need much - most of her things were still sitting in a stack of boxes in the corner, piled floor to ceiling, occasionally disturbed when she needed to fish something out to ship it off to a lucky A-Gate or Yoo-hoo! auction winner. Though she had a hanging ceiling light, she preferred to simply keep a small lamp lit on her desk, casting a dim light over a small desk impressively covered in clutter. Books, half-finished projects, and flowers in various states of freshness and decay are piled up everywhere, with very little of the desk actually in sight.

Hearing a muffled beep from the pile, she shuffles away from the window and slides into a cheap, but comfortable office chair. Tucking some dead roses in a couple of curiously bound books, she moves them away to reveal her headset, a large, early model headset but one of extremely professional quality. The headset is attached by a thick-gauge breakaway cable to an impressive rig tucked her her desk. Noriko takes a moment to tie her hair auburn hair back before slipping the headset on over her glasses. It takes a minute, but her eyesight adjusts and she quickly forgets they're there. She hits Accept and doesn't bother reading. Does anyone?

Memento-Mori

Memento-Mori cracked a faint smile to Takamura. "I'm sure." her voice echoed out, cold and hollow. Noriko didn't bother with a filter. Her expression seemed fairly off. In fact, many things about her avatar seem subtly off. Though she appears at a glance to be a normal human girl avatar, her skin seems to have a sickly pallor to it, and though her hair is long and thick and neatly styled, it is also dry and faded. When her eyes move to meet someone's gaze, they seem to loll lazily in the head, and though they have a faint red glow to them, they are clearly glassy, empty, unfocused. Every optional feature has been used. Every animation has been tweaked. Memento-Mori has been designed, from the ground up, to look like a corpse. She is dressed in a faded gown in a victorian style, with preserved roses stitched into the fabric, and shadows cling to her like a cloak. "PVP is... preferable, tonight."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo quickly scrolls away most of the boring text before initiating the game. Who reads that stuff anyway? She was already tired from reading the physics and history material for the next two months in that afternoon, and what she wanted right now was to hit people or beasties with a sword until they burst into voxels. Before that, however, she alt-tabbed and opened winamp. Why the hell nobody has made in decades a better audio plugin than that ancient thing? She loaded several gigs worth of gangsta rap and extremely obscure japanese eurobeat in it before returning to the game. "Aight, time for some stress relief up in this bitch <3". She smirks while putting the VR headset on her head.

Flagelo

The tall, dark avatar ignored the rest of the party and the demon and instead gazed upon the magnificent weapon in her hand. A rainbow-colored adamantine sword, half as tall as her. In the real world Tsukiyo would have some trouble carrying that thing, even with her extended training with wooden swords at the dojo, but here it was as light as a feather. She couldn't help but feel the necessity of wielding it against something, anything! She can't help but listen to the small lizard thing on her party continuing to complain. "A humanoid avatar is the optimal choice, whelpling. If you knew anything about VR games is that the rate of synchronicity increases by 10% the closer the proportions are to the real body, which translates to reaction and movement speed, which even on MMORPGs are vital, even so more on player vs player combat." She says while leaping to the sides at a nigh-blinding speed, her slender yet firm body moving with complete sync with her mind. She was built to take advantage with that synchronicity, transferring her real swordplay training to the VR world, only to amplify it in the game world. "Should I take on one of you to show how right I am?"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:05

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "Calm down kiddos, if I wanted to watch newbies awkwardly circle strafe around each other for ten minutes I'd hit up one of those retro pre-VR titles. Like I said yer here to pull a heist for me." Takamura takes a thoroughly needless drag on his imaginary cigarette and blows a few rings. "It'll be smooth, I'm telling you. Mid level stuff but no threat of the Host. Easy, easy, easy. But first off... might as well [Soul] each other. Just uh, use the command, easy as friending someone. I'll let you guys use a few of my lowbie supports if you're really clueless..." He slaps .attak and Brackish_Gaijin on the back. "Hey, no need to be so quiet! We're all friends now!"

Takamura invites you to exchange friend info with each other and to form a rough Soulshell, which will allow you to share from a pool of Support Personas. It will also allow you to contact each other online via direct whispers and to see a rough approximation of where they are and what they're doing. Each of you can equip one Support Persona which can grant you passive powers and boosts and attacks via use of your Fortune Points. Be wary of any weaknesses they may have! All Actions are technically Free/Fortune and don't interact with any existing feats, class features, items, etc. All Attacks are made with Primary Ability Modifier + 1/2 Level Mod + 1. (I recommend just putting these in your combat block and tracking from there.)

Supports are unique so first come, first serve!

quote:


Pixie (Lovers)
Pixies are sometimes said to be born in much the same way as humans, however some tales tell that they are humans transformed through misdeeds or magic. They play pranks on humans such as stealing their belongings, throwing things or calling out their names. While pixies usually don't cause any real harm, it is said that if someone follows the voices of pixies, they will never return.
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire


Kishi No Neko (Justice)
A spirit of dependable good will. The noble felyne always conducts itself honorably and will never break an oath, even to the point of death. Physically weak, he still manages quick footwork and channels a fine spirit into every strike.
Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Passive: Grants +1 Defense against attacks with the Fear and Illusion keywords
Weakness: None


Kobold (Magician)
The kobold is a sprite of German folklore.The most common depictions of kobolds show them as humanlike figures the size of small children. Kobolds who live in human homes wear the clothing of peasants; those who live in mines are hunched and ugly; and kobolds who live on ships smoke pipes and wear sailor clothing. Some are surprisingly clever and quick to learn.
Agi (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Fire Damage to one target.)
Passive: +1 History
Weakness: Cold


Ara Mitama (Chariot)
Ara Mitama represents aggression and forcefulness and is the source of valor, anger, passion, and other heated emotions. It is said to be the more wild and untamed side of the dualistic nature of the spirit
Bash (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Range 5. Grants +2 AC UEOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder


Legion (Fool)
"The spirit who said 'For we are many,'" Jesus was said to have healed a man from a region in Caesaria Maritima in the Near East who was possessed by many demons. Jesus casts the demons out of the man, granting their request, and allows them to dwell in a herd of pigs. The pigs then drowned themselves in the Sea of Galilee.
Assault Dive (vs AC. Range 2. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Pulinpa (vs Will. Range 5. Target -2 Will UEONT.)
Weakness: Radiant


Stolas (Hermit)
The 36th spirit of the Goetia, Stolas is a Great Prince of Hell; He commands twenty-six legions of demons (twenty-five according to other authors), and teaches astronomy and the knowledge of poisonous plants, herbs and precious stones.
Garu (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Lightning


Geomental (Sun)
Creatures of fundamental universal logic, simple in form and function compared to other elemental beings. They encourage orderly thought.
Zio (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Lightning Damage to one target.)
Passive: +1 Dungeoneering
Weakness: Necrotic


Monoeye (Star)
Terrors from beyond the infinite stars that accomplish everything through massive eyes, even going so far as to allow their bodies to atrophy to the point of becoming vestigal! They annihilate intruders who defy sacred ground.
Sukunda (vs Will. Range 5. Target -2 Reflex UEONT.)
Terror (vs Will. Range 3. Slide target half their Speed AWAY from Caster.)
Weakness: Poison


Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
The calm and functional state of a person's soul, or kami, which is considered to be the opposite of Ara Mitama. The Ara Mitama must first be pacified with rites and worship before the Nigi Mitama will appear.
Garu (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target.)
Posumudi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing.)
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value
Weakness: Lightning

: "All set? Great! Yer stuck with it until we get done! Or maybe y'all will get lucky and find some in the wild! Now come on..." Takamura despawns and you become aware of his grinning mug now appearing as a buff under your HP.

Reliable Man: Grants +2 Attack as long as Takamura is your Overseer!

"Am I great or what? Here we go!" He queues into a specific Mindscape based off his Friends List. Within moments you're all despawning from the Velvet Room and appearing elsewhere...

---



Now Loading... The Poem For Everyone's Souls Continues...



You appear on the edge of an endless hellscape! You've heard that these types of Mindscapes tend to exclusively roll for mid-to-high level players... and are popular with members of a budding World First guild that you only know by the clan sign of <Kami>. You may have seen one of their supremely powerful avatars passing through one of the neutral cityscapes that exist for gameplay, social and trade facilitation. Although much of Digital Devil World's content is player driven there is still a strong backbone provided by the developers to allow for solo play.

The conjoined medium of multiple Mindscapes is separated by long plains and winding valleys and cliffs along which roaming groups of dangerous PvE mobs patrol in set intervals. The large crowds make for excellent farming opportunities... if the auras of absolute dread they emit didn't tell you that they're way too high level for you right now.

: "We'd need about twenty of you guys to take anything around here... but luckily things tend ta scale down when they're instanced." The winding cliffs before you begin to part and reveal a wicked city of perpetual thunder clashes and burning hellfire, buildings withstanding the eternal cycling of hellish blasts without so much as a scratch. Swirling shapes clash, shatter and reform between the buildings and you get the feeling that the denizens of these realms don't mind what is portrayed as eternal damnation.

In fact, small crowds of them come and go and appear to be headbanging.

: "Alright, Great Sensei's first lesson. Lets move up. You see alotta guys here with Grey outlines? Means they're mobs and they ain't mad at ya yet. They might get mad later or if ya trigger something... but yer usually pretty safe." You advance towards the nightmarish city and begin passing through crowds of partying skeletons. They come and go at random, sometimes fading away as they pass down dark shadows in alleyways but there are always more and they're all in high spirits, many dancing or bobbing their heads at they go. They throw up the horns and let out quiet, rasping cheers with reckless abandon. In the distance you can hear the rising swell of multiple thunder crashes. "And hey, lookie here. If you see somebody with a Green, they're probably important or even a friendly player! If it's Blue like you you already know 'em... friend, guildie, whatever. And watch out for Red. Player with Red and he'll see you Dead, heh. Yeah... means they're eager for a fight. Mobs will go Red too once it's clear they're about to charge your rear end or that you can't even hope to walk by 'em without any trouble." Takamura clears his throat and waits a bit. "... Well, go on! A cute little kid like that ain't nobody to pick no fight with. Talk to 'em!"



Dressed in the traditional garb of a Japanese spirit, the girl looks like she must have died as a pre-teen, tall enough to be one of your contemporaries yet clearly not grown into womanhood. No signs of her demise exist on her and she appears as a serene and pleasant blue glow amidst the harsh greys and reds of the loud cityscape. She looks over her shoulder and smiles as you approach, stepping away from the roaring brazier she was facing.

: "Hello! Are you here to see the show? I'd really love to go... but they sold out of tickets." She pouts and rubs her hands, clearly anxious.




A colossal door built into the side of an impassable stone wall, ringed by wicked flaming skeleton pillars! Your treasure sense overloads for a moment. Skeletons mob about or saunter off to the East or West, rattling all the while.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2017 around 04:32

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Scrolling down the list of available support Personas, Ryuka lets out an audible groan. Seems she couldn't be bothered to set a push to talk key. "These are all so... so stupid! Why are they all so lame?" Without waiting for a response, she immediately follows up with, "I'm taking the little green kobold. Maybe he'll turn into something cooler. Hopefully he can cast some cool spells, at least." She locks in her choice, before following along with Takamura and the rest of the group...

Lyth

Lyth's eyes grow wide in awe at the Mindscape in front of them, looking in all directions gleefully as she waddles along with the party. The tiny dragon rabbit is clearly no good on her feet, lagging behind the rest of the party occasionally. She sprints to catch back up, tripping on her tail and falling flat on her face as she passes clear by the rest of the party. She springs back to her feet quickly, propping herself up as tall as she can manage with her tail. "W-Wait, hold on guys, I've got this! None of you read the starter guide, I'm sure..." She clears her throat (over the microphone, of course), and begins to speak in a cringe-worthy accent, the kind people use when they make fun of roleplayers.

"What can you tell us about this show? We would love to see it as well. Any information you could give us would be, uh... fan... er, you know, great. It would be great!"

The tiny pink dragon beams proudly, flames licking delicately at her cheeks. "Nailed it! I can't believe they said I needed to work on my RP!" She actually said RP out loud.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:06

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

"Justice." Tsukiyo picks without a second thought, picking up the small, adorable lance wielding kitty. It's because she likes justice and not because it's an adorable cat or anything! She tries in vain to deselect the Takamura buff, hoping that if it'll make the annoying oni get the frick away from her.

Flagelo

Ah, fighting skeletons, how incredibly f***ing cliché. Perhaps I should have stayed on the Bushido Online multiplayer servers, while there wasn't much variety other than hitting other people with swords and bows, it was still better than drat skeletons. "Hey casters, start preparing your AoEs and buffs. Tank, go out and pull out one of those stupid things already, don't want to bring aggro without someone at my back." She barks out at the others, RP be damned. If the nerd lizard wants to waste time with the NPCs that's her problem.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:07

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III
It's been a slow day for Felix. There was no karate club today, and apart from his parents taking him out to pick up some fresh school supplies, the weather continues to suggest that it's a good day to keep to one's self. So it is that Felix has busied himself with re-arranging his tiny little closet of a room for the coming school term by hanging up a few poster print-outs of Bruce Lee, Yoshitaka Funakoshi, Shihan Masatoshi Nakayama, and other martial artists on the walls of his room, and by finding new placements for his handmade shuriken and nunchaku, his school supplies, the two clockwork toys his father made for him, and the various little things a young man attaches value to, even if value really only is in the context of sentiment.

The star of Felix's room is his new computer, which his parents bought for him shortly after they arrived in Japan. It's not particularly remarkable as far as computers go. It's second-hand, it needed some intensive cleaning upon purchase; but this computer is Felix's first private computer, and only just now has he finally found the perfect, most comfortable arrangement for it and his desk. Yes, this will do nicely. He could comfortably spend hours here if he felt inclined. He relaxes in his desk chair with a sense of satisfaction in his newly-arranged space.

Felix hears his parents begin watching some ludicrous Japanese game show in the living room from his seat. The novelty of foreign TV still hasn't worn off on them! Smiling at his parents' laughter he reaches for his new VR gear that his mom bought him to enjoy with his new computer and logs into Digital Devil Worlds.

Having logged-in, he ignores the patch notes almost entirely:
"I chooseth this fate of mine own free will."

[ x ] ACCEPT
[ ] DECLINE


Accepted into the Red Panda Appreciation Society, and invited into an instance!? Well, today might not be so slow after all!

---

Brackish_Gaijin

Unsure of what to make of Takamura's guffaws, but appreciative of the friendly clap on the shoulder and "I got your back", Brackish_Gaijin smiles and waits for Takamura to continue on his train of thought while taking in the other members of the instance. When Takamura suggests some PvP action, Brackish_Gaijin says, simply, "Osu, Sensei, let's go!"

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2016 around 05:36

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

Wow this is so cool! Felix agrees to exchange friend info, and selects Nigi Mitama (Temperance) as his Support Personnel after carefully considering the choices for a minute or so. "Better to have some extra 'luck' on hand", he says to himself.

Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin takes in the hellscape. He's seen a few screenshots of DDW's hells, but they don't quite compare to being here. He patiently listens to Takamura, but none of what he has to say is really news to him so far. He smirks at Flagelo's impatience, half hoping to see her charge straight into the skeletons with a mighty battle cry. Would he follow her? No. But it would be funny.

Brackish_Gaijin couldn't help but chuckle out loud at Lyth as she questioned the little ghostly spirit girl.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2016 around 05:34

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

"Star." Noriko thought out loud. She picked the support off the list and quickly equipped it. ((I'm assuming that's what we do with supports, right? Equip them?))

Memento-Mori

Memento-Mori eyes Flagelo. "Take it easy. It's a quest." She motions over to the large vault. "In there. Don't waste time on trash." With that, she heads over to the ghost, bypassing a greeting to immediately inspect the ghost up close. "Hello."

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi took a moment to look over the Persona options. He couldn't help but wonder if they were even needed, but Takamura definitely knew more about the game than he did, so he selected The Chariot. He gave a little chuckle through his mic at the look of the Ara Mitama. "Heh heh, it's like flying hot sauce. Or ketchup."

Clearly he put a lot of thought into his decision.

Capo Kappo

Kappo entered the hellish mindscape with his groupmates and took a look around. He reached back, feeling the handles of the comically-oversized santoku knife and frying pan that he used as weapons, especially upon seeing the skeletons. But they didn't seem to be attacking. He looks to Flagelo and shrugs his shoulders slightly, then nods to Memento-Mori. "Yeah, I mean, if we don't need to fight these things is it worth it? Do they have loot too? Or are they gonna try and rush us when the door opens. Come to think of it, anyone have any ideas on how this thing does open?" meanwhile leaving Lyth to RP and interact with the ghostly girl.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Still toweling off after his post-10k shower, Takashi settles into his room. More living room than bedroom, the space has been configured to allow Takashi to compose videos, stream to his followers, or just relax on a couch while playing games. Monitors swing from arms affixed to the walls, while wireless microphones, headsets and controllers litter the space. Composing a quick update to cast to each social media service, Takashi prepares to start DDW for the evening, streaming the entire affair. He puts on some soothing classic bitpop for the stream, just loud enough to be heard, but not loud enough to detract.

"Night three of #DDW #attakisback" he posts the update, and accepts the EULA, going live to all his followers.

---

.attak

.attak loads into the space, a tall, hunched over, wide and muscular humanoid; not unlike a gnoll from fantasy games of antiquity. Unlike that forebear, .attak is armored in overlapping obsidian plates, glowing with a molten heat and carrying a segmented weapon that is half sword, half flail. He looks like a lava elemental crossed with an monstrous beast.

Accepting Takamura's praise, Takashi is once again taken aback by just how real this all looks and feels. He pans his vision around to give his followers a chance to take in his companions, and all the surroundings. Queuing only his streams' microphone, he says, "Ryuka's avatar is so out of place. Her mindscape is probably pink clouds, gumdrops, and bunnies."

When he talks to the group, he uses a light voice modulation, just enough to make it sound like his voice comes from within the jackal headed mask of his avatar, "Glad to have you all. I know we're going to do great!"

---

Takashi

Listening to Takamura's overview, Takashi repeats some of the pertinent details directly to his stream, just to recap everyone. Waiting for everyone to pick a support personality first, he settles on the Sun Geomental, unsure how exactly these things work. He takes an offscreen note to research them further tomorrow so he can sound more authoritative about them on stream.

Waiting for the landscape to resolve, Takashi cracks a water open and gets ready for some exposition!

---

.attak

.attak immediately takes the lead of their small group, having made the proverbial tank. As they approach the door, and the spiritual woman, .attak surveys the threats, judging them to be significant. Still, no day like today!

"We all want to see the show. What do we need to do? Who do we need to beat up?" Intimidate: 1d20+13 23

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:29

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(This leaves Pixie, Legion and Stolas in your Soulshell pool. They can be swapped to later if desired!)

: "Uwaa! Outsiders! Don't you know!? The Royal Show is the greatest event in all the Hells! We party for days on end!" She looks really excited just talking about it, bringing her hands up and making little fists. "B-but... they say all the tickets are sold out..." She lowers her arms and looks off to the side, clearly forlorn.

Getting this close Noriko can see that the girl has no eyes, just sockets rimmed with old blackened blood. Suddenly .attak butts in with an Intimidation check. The ghost girl staggers back a step, looking a bit spooked(!)! "S-scary..." Against all logic small black droplets begin to pool under her eyes and before you know it she's sobbing. Intimidation Success. ... You reckon this isn't a player or even much of a combatant mob. With a trembling arm she points to the East. "T-t-t-that way... b-b-but... *sniff* *hick* wah.. t-they're s-s-sold o-out... uaahh..."





Emerald Sentry: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 18/12/20/12
Skeletons: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12
Music

Sure enough you can see bigger crowds waiting before another wicked structure to the East. Between another set of skeletal pillars you can see multiple sets of barred windows built over small ticket booth hubs. Narrow passages through spike-lined walls and mountain crevices are being patrolled by flying emerald skulls that are keyed to an Aggro reaction. They zoom back and forth between two fixed points rapidly. The Skeletons shuffle back and forth through the overall area as well but are still passive.

: "Ah man! Are y'all hotheads or somethin'? Yeesh... this section... smells like stealth. Easy to analyze at least... short aggro range, just don't stumble into 'em. Mind the Big Guy."



Woah! Twelve feet tall and made of terrible taut muscles and exposed organs idly lashing about, this thing is huge! The giant Zombie stands atop a raised plateau halfway into the zone and is loitering near what could only be a Treasure Chest. Luck may be with you... he has a friendly aura about him.

(You guys can move freely for now. Skeletons don't block movement. To pass an Emerald Patrol Aura requires a Skill Check or an Action of your choice. The second Skull can't see the Zombie plateau above it.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:19

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

Ah! So detailed! Noriko thinks to herself, mostly oblivious to the rest of the interaction.

Memento-Mori

As the rest of the group moves on Memento-Mori gives the ghost a pat on the head and a weak smile before taking a moment to look down each corridor. "Hey," She says to the others, pointing down the southern corridor. "I'm going."

Without much other consideration, she begins moving down row L towards the zombie. ((I don't know how this is working, are we doing this like a combat round with movement, or just planning out the action? If the latter, Stealth: 1d20+10 19))

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Planned out action.)

Stealth: You find it simple to pass by once the Sentry changes directions. Stealth Success. Other PCs may now take 10 on their roll, automatically succeeding if they have +5 Stealth or higher. Stealth DC 15

: "Oi luv, ya waitin' fer tha reckonin'?" A giant cockney Zombie! Blimey! The faceless horror tilts its head at the neck to face the chest, then Noriko, before standing straight again. "Mmm... gettin' mighty hungry waitin' all day." The giant squats and rests his hands on his knees, facing Noriko eye to eyebloody mess. "Spare a bite?"

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:19

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Memento-Mori

"No." She shakes her head, shrugging sympathetically. "Do you need to go? I can watch it." She points at the box.

Diplomacy: 1d20+11 27

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Jul 4, 2016 around 15:26

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "Ah can see the bloody line from 'ere, thanks." He stands back up and resumes his watch. "Step off, now." He takes a step to the side, standing in front of the box. Diplomacy Failure.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:19

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo watched his groupmates, standing behind Mori and .attak as they spoke with the ghost. He couldn't help but feel a little guilty as the latter made her cry.

"Geez, that seemed kinda harsh. I mean, I know they're NPCs, but still..." he says into group chat, then trails off, not wanting to start drama and be That Guy when they'd just met. But it still nagged at him.

"Hey, umm sorry about that. He didn't mean anything by it, he's just a bit intense." he says as he gives his best attempt to soothe the apparition. But given the sinister way the hellish lights cast a shadow across his face save for the gleam of his eyes and the slightly crooked smile full of jagged teeth, it probably wasn't the best impression.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + ZERO: 4

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin
.attak's intimidation tactic seemed a little excessive to Brackish_Gaijin even though it got an answer. He smiles sympathetically at the apparition and nods in agreement with Capo Kappo's words to her.

[GROUP WHISPER]: "Just a thought: If we can find some tickets, let's give the little ghost girl one. Maybe it'll unlock something else? What do you think, Takamura"

"Yeah, we're not here to harm you. Hey we might even be able to help you. Say," Brackish_Gaijin trails off as he gestures his open left hand to the massive colossal door built into the side of an impassable stone wall, ringed by wicked flaming skeleton pillars, "any idea what's behind those doors?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "Yeah, I think helpin' beats hurtin'. Nice thing about fights is they tend ta be a lil' more obvious." By default Takamura speaks in [Party].

: Rubbing at her eyes coats her hands in blood. "*Sniff* T-that's the way to the s-stage..."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:20

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin's eyebrows raise at the quality of the blood rendered upon the ghost girl's hands. DDW's dev team really knows what they're up to with all their little details!

To the little ghost girl, gesturing Eastward, where Memento-Mori is sneaking down: "What's down there? Is the box office that way?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


She nods and gives you a pitiful "Uh huh."

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

"There-there, chin up! Tell you what: if I find an extra ticket, I'll give it to you, okay? Now, I must join my friends. Take care!" Brackish_Gaijin departs the Apparition with a wave, eager to join Memento-Mori near the box office.

Following Memento-Mori along Row L (to L45??) towards the zombie, Brackish_Gaijin, using Stealth vs Emerald Sentry: 1d20+11 31, stops just a meters short of the Zombie, attempting to remain unseen by the zombie: 1d20+11 30, in order to assess the area for advantages. (Perception: 1d20 20).

[GROUP] "I'm nearby, Memento-Mori. Any suggestions, Sensei*?"

_________________________________________
*Referring to Takamura

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Perception: You identify a length of twisted metal near the Zombie that looks juuuuust safe enough to walk across. This also keeps you out of the Emerald Sentry's field of vision and gives you a 10 foot(2 Square) height advantage in case you wanted it. Such a short drop is also safe to take at any time without fall damage... assuming you don't go for the spikes outlining all the paths, of course. Or leap off the cliff. That'd be silly. Sensei wouldn't be impressed.



: "Let him bite you. Heh."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:20

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Flagelo

Tsukiyo sighs. "Those things range of vision is only horizontal. If you move above them they won't notice you." She says while taking a safe distance and then running right at the sentry's direction, leaping over it and bypassing the skeleton with a giant jump!

Athletics: 1d20+13 19

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:06

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Athletics: You find it easy enough to vault around, under or even over the awkward floating skulls.. Athletics Success. Other PCs may now take 10 on their roll, automatically succeeding if they have +5 Athletics or higher. Athletics DC 15.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo began to follow along after Brackish, taking a moment to look around at his surroundings. The graphics were pretty good, and definitely immersive. He saw Flagelo leap over the sentry, then smiles to himself. "Yeah I can do that, no problem." to no one in particular through party chat before leaping over as well. With the culinary gear he wore, not to mention his rather... umm.. rotund figure, stealth might not be the best option.

Take 10 on Athletics for a 20.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Takashi chuckles at the NPC's reaction to .attak. He makes sure to grab a few quick recaps of the scene from a few different angles for future usage on his stream.

---

.attak

Following in Flagelo and Kappo's footsteps, .attak easily avoids the sentry, trying to keep himself near the front of the group in case things sour quickly. Take 10 for Athletics 16.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:30

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Everyone: Anyone can take the Zombie up on his request at any time.

The Skeletons begin to gather and mob around the barred windows to the East. Rattling intensifies as they begin the crowd starts to get a bit unruly. A voice that sounds like Hell warmed over rasps out from speakers affixed to the wicked skull pillars. Sounds like black tar gravel warped with its of static.

"FANS OF THE ROYAL SHOW!!! WE WILL BE SELLING A TICKET TO TONIGHT'S SHOW! IN FIVE... FOUR..."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:21

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Lyth

Lyth sputters indignantly as everyone shoots off, not paying even the slightest bit of attention to the roleplay! "Don't you people understand anything about true enjoyment of the game!? You have to exhaust all the dialogue before you go on!!" She huffs and drops to her feet, waddling off in the direction of the large zombie. She pauses in front of the sentry, peeking around the corner. "How did you guys stealth past it... it's so fast..." The dragon, propped up on her tail to get a look, falls over into the path of the corridor. She buffets herself with a quick gout of flame from her mouth back into a 'standing' position, firmly planting herself on her tail. "It's just a sentry... you're supposed to kill it, not run past!" The dragon-rabbit draws in a slow but measured breath, visibly consuming the oxygen around her. The flames on her shoulders burst forth into new heights, coming all the way up to the top of her horns. Waiting for the sentry to be just about on top of her, she lets forth a massive gout of hot fire, tinged with blue.


Dragonfrost! - 1d20+8 = 23... HIT! for 1d8+12 = 15 Frost damage! The Sentry is pushed back one square!
Dragon Breath! - 1d20+6 = 25... HIT! for 1d6+3 = 8 Fire damage!
TOTAL: 15 Frost damage, 8 Fire damage!

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:07

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Lyth

Doomy informed me that I killed the sentry, but he's playing Overwatch, so I'm going to post a follow up because I'm impatient.

Beaming with pride at her accomplishment, Lyth folds her arms. The flames on her shoulders die down to their sitting levels. "Huhuhu! That's why you don't mess with Lyth the Red!" You still find it hard to believe she's saying this out loud to herself at home. "Now then, I think I have an idea!" She drops to all fours and scampers off towards where the huge green zombie is, darting between Memento-Mori's legs and screeching to a halt directly in front of the Big Man. Lifting herself up as tall as she can on her tail, she begins speaking to the zombie in that awful voice again.

"I heard you were looking for a bite to eat... well, perhaps I could indulge you. But we both know nothing in life is free. You seem like the kinda guy who already has his situation squared away. After all, if you didn't already have a ticket, why would you be here? Maybe you could exchange it for a bite?" She points back to where the little ghost lady is standing. "I have a good friend over there who's dying for a ticket, and you look like you're dying for a bite! Makes sense to exchange, right?"

Diplomacy! - 1d20+11 = 26.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:07

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Ryuka: Ryushian walks by your doorway holding a glass of water. He pauses, leans over to stare into your room for a moment and then silently walks away shaking his head.

Emerald Sentries have 15 HP!

: "Really now? Ey, thanks mate!" The second Lyth mentions that she's interested in "A Bite" the Zombie leans over and scoops her up. The flesh piled up at the front of his face peels away and he sinks a set of giant serrated teeth deep into the little rabbit, happily chowing down. Despite how jarring it must be from Ryuka's point of view you don't see any menace in the action or a change in the Zombie's aura. And fortunately, it doesn't even hurt! Just tingles with a bit of rumble feedback.

Ryuka: You lose 3 Healing Surges!

: "You really helped me out there, lassy." He gently deposits an unbloodied Lyth back on the floor. "Ah'll tell you wot. If'n I find a ticket, it's yers. But fer now you can have this!" He kicks the Treasure Chest and it pops open! As the Big Guy goes back to idly standing around with his arms crossed, Lyth can feel a peculiar sensation in her heart... a new Persona appears in the Soulshell! Anyone may immediately swap Personas with Zombie though Lyth gets first crack if she wants it.


Zombie (Devil)
Zombies are a prevalent popular culture icon in the horror genre. Originated from tales of Afro-Caribbean origin. A zombie is a reanimated corpse without speech or free-will, believed to have been evoked back to life by a powerful sorcerer and made to serve as his/her servant.
Bite (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 2 Physical Damage and Ongoing Necrotic 2(Save Ends))
Passive: Grants DR 2
Weakness: Radiant, Fire

quote:

Flame Bracers

Flickering flames dance between the folds of these charred black leather bracelets.

Arm Slot
Passive: When you score a Critical Hit deal an additional 1d6 Fire Damage
Daily: (Minor) The next time you Hit with an Attack deal an additional 1d6 Fire Damage

: "Woah! The mascot's braver than the actual crew! Heh heh! Ya know, you remind me a'... what's his name... ah yeah! Choppa!" He does the voice! "Hahahahahaha!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:21

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Lyth
Lyth's eyes grow wide, and her flames flare up and straight through the zombie's head! ...they're cosmetic, so of course they don't do anything to him. When the zombie sets her back down, Lyth is visibly shaken, staring straight ahead and not saying a word.

Ryuka
Ryuka snickers to herself, quietly equipping the bracers. "See, you gotta try everything!" Her mouth hangs open for a moment as Takamura begins to speak, quickly clamping shut as she puffs her cheeks out indignantly. "Wh..what! I'm not a mascot! And who's this 'Choppa'!?" She crosses Lyth's arms. The little dragon huffs out a puff of flame from her nostrils.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:07

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

Felix slouches back into his chair upon seeing Lyth raise the RP bar. Perhaps he's been too protective over his ninja avatar; he certainly didn't want to risk a bite from a zombie! Lyth's actions are a game-changer. He scratches his temple and types into the group chat:

[GROUP TEXT] "Nice going, Lyth!"

Okay, so these guys are for real! This is going to be fun.

Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin emerges from the shadows to join Lyth. He nods to the zombie once it acknowledges him.
[GROUP CHAT] "So, what now? Guess we need a ticket, hey?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


TWO... ONE!!! An achingly loud horn blast sounds.



The ticket booths are peeled away by giant skeletal hands to allow a pair of massive constructs to lurch forward on massive bio-mechanical spider legs! Belching smoke from infernal machinery strapped to a techno-magical coffin full of bubbling necromantic sludge the "Bouncers" begin beating back the crowds of angry Skeletons, discharging bolts of dark energy from the massive windows on their front! A few of the older bones dissolve and are vaporized, the ash pulled back with the beams. The black sludge inside bubbles and shifts and fresh skulls peer outwards, leering at their takings.

SURPRISE ROUND! You can take ONE Action! Go by Thursday Night!



Bouncers: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 17/15/15/15
Bouncer Blasts: +7 Atk
Skeletons: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W 14/12/12/12
Emerald Sentry: HP 15/15 AC/F/R/W 18/12/20/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2017 around 04:22

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Flagelo

Aha, now we are talking! Flagelo quickly unsheathes her light sword, blursting out on party chat. "Take care of the small fry, gonna try my luck with the big ones!" before leaping forward, weapon in hand as she ignores the skeleton pushovers nearby.

Tsukiyo

"drat it, why do map in this goddamn game are so large, this makes poo poo harder for melee!" Tsukiyo grunts as she quickly adjusts a good tune, mumbling to it while concentrating on the fight ahead. "Xgonnagivetoyahegonnagivetoya..."

Running to K-46

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:07

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Memento-Mori

Memento-Mori tilts her head to one side, scanning the area for a moment. "I'll block a path." Pointing northeast past the giant Zombie, she summons a host of shadows, a crawling morass of grasping hands that tear at nearby skeletons and linger in the area to menace incoming traffic.

Grasping Shadows, area burst 1 centered at F-48 (willpower): 3#1d20+8 10 13 15 1d8+4 8 (Hit E48, E49. All three if we have combat advantage from the surprise round)

(Targets hit are slowed UEONT, creates a zone until end of next turn, creatures entering area of effect take 4 psychic damage and are slowed UEONT)

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin
"Well I guess that answers that," Brackish_Gaijin smiles as he draws his shortbow (a free action), knocks an arrow, and looses it towards the skeleton on H41. "Just when I thought we'd need a ticket to see the show it comes to us!"

Standard: Fire arrow at H41 skeleton: 1d20+9 15 to deal damage to skeleton: 1d8+5 6

"Uh-oh!"

Minor: Draws Daggers not applicable in Surprise Round. my bad.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Jul 8, 2016 around 12:11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

"Oh awesome! We're already starting fights. Time for fight mode," as he sits up from his reclined position, Takashi spools up some gymcore music to get the mood on stream right.

---

.attak

.attak's metal plates flare suddenly alive, glowing red-hot, as his sword drops into his waiting palm. Without a second thought he charges forward towards the nearby skeleton's beyond their seemingly friendly zombie!

Move to India-46

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 46/46 (THP: 0)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 13/13 (V: 11)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [4]        Fortune Points: [2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Infernal Wrath              [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [ ] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:30

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«14 »