Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



(If no one else wants it, I'd take the Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit) persona. Its not a bad compliment to me.)

Takashi

"Who even comes up with this stuff...?" Takashi says as he tries to take in the large space in front of them. He makes sure to give the stream a good look, doing a quick back and forth in all the major areas.

---

.attak

.attak puts away his weapons, and begins a leisurely stroll forward, stopping at each area, but finally settling on the little alcove where all the skeletons are debating.

He listens for a while, and when he finally pipes up, he says, "What I like most about the princess is that she's all of those things. And more. She's the toughest, roughest, meanest, cutest, sweetest, one of the lot of us. We're lucky to be allowed to even say her name." Intimidate: 1d20+13 31 Satisfied he nods.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:33

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Intimidate Success

The Skeletons are blown away! Literally, several are blasted back against the wall in shock, leaving behind only their still standing feet which eventually get the picture and scurry over to provide a base for the rest of their bodies to reform. This leaves the room open to move through freely. As somebody passes by to inspect the hidden chest they can hear whispered talk(yet still loud enough to feature on any Streams:)

"This guy... is a real Princess Otaku!"

"Wow! His devotion really rattles me to the core!"

"It's tibiaxpected... such an outlandish guy... must be one of her fans!"

"That praise! That sternum-shattering praise!"

"HE REALLY GETS IT!" The Skeletons start to cheer and rattle anxiously, hopping up and down and pumping their fists.

"ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!"

As you open the chest you can hear several whispers to .attk about purchasing only the best and most high res screenshots of the Princess.

quote:

Gauntlets of Blood

These rusty looking steel gauntlets are colored a foreboding black... wait a second! It's all old blackened blood!

Hands Slot
Passive: Deal an additional +2 Damage to Bloodied targets

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III
As the remains of the bouncer coalesced into the void, Felix felt himself relax. He pauses to sip at a now warm glass of water before resuming. He watches Lyth take off with the ticket, momentarily wondering if the person behind Lyth is really as insufferable as her avatar during her exchange with the Little Ghost Girl. MMOs really do bring out all types. But Lyth's self-aggrandizing is quickly forgotten when the gates to the next section open up.

Brackish_Gaijin
Taking the others' lead, he decides to just observe the others for now. He's feeling pretty good: He done killed a bouncer, and he made good on his ...promise? to get the little ghost girl a ticket–and now she's available as a Persona! Cool!

Miyuki really catches Bracky's eye. Maybe it was the katana. Maybe it was the robotic arm. Maybe it–

"Hey, Takamura," he says, still eyeing Miyuki, but breaking eyecontact to address Takamura more directly "um... this Necroforge. Kay, dumb question, but can we access this mindscape at anytime to, uh, make or purchase things? Like, can I improve my ninjato into a necrotising hellsword here somehow?"
_______

.attak's smooth maneuver interrupts the explaination:

"Good move, buddy! Hey, those gauntlets are in my colour! I'll take 'em if no one else will"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "Just remember this place when you have some real walking around money."

: "It's rude to stare. How long did you plan to talk about me while I was AFK?" That cold, distant voice! That commanding manner! That fierce stare! Is this a true.... COOL BEAUTY?!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2017 around 04:51

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011





Tsukiyo ignores Lyth's messages and examines Miyuki. Is the girl a member of the Kendo club? Not likely, Tsukiyo hasn't seen anyone like that at the meetings she attended. Perhaps it's just some weirdo who wants to play online as a schoolgirl. That kind of scumbag is rampant all over the internet.

Flagelo

"I guess I skipped reading the backstory here, what the hell is this Princess thing?"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:13

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka
Ryuka turns beet red, and her avatar would follow suit, if it weren't for her fur color. She stammers incoherently into the microphone, unable to muster up a response. Instead, she follows the ghost girl forward towards the gates, pouting and fuming with an embarrassed look.

Lyth
Lyth's ever-present indignation is momentarily forgotten as she spies the cosmetics-selling vendor in the distance. She points hurriedly, her other paw brought up to her mouth in excitement. "Look! Look! Over there, guys! Shirt! Free shirt! Basically free! Look! I'm getting one!" The dragon-rabbit scurries off in that direction, tripping over herself more than once in her rush. She barely pays attention to or acknowledges anything else in the area, ramming herself square into the wall next to the door. "I-If it's a limited item, I'm getting it first! It's really cute, and I'm the best player... I mean, uh, character... person, in this party!" Ryuka clears her throat as if to put on Lyth's voice, but keeps speaking in a fast paced squeak as she approaches the vendor.

"G-Give me the shirt! Right now! I want it!" She peeks over the edge of the counter, barely able to reach its height even stood atop her tail. "I have to match my outfit to the area! Don't let anyone else have one!"

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:11

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


All of the Skeletons look up suddenly, a deathly silence falling over the area as everybody, PCs included, stares at Flagelo. And then in a symphony of rattling crashes the Skeletons fall all over themselves, raspy laughter flooding out of bouncing jaws.



"OH MY GOD!"

"COULD THIS GIRL HAVE WORSE TASTE?!"

"WHAT A loving IDIOT!"

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IS THIS REAL?!"

"WHAT A TRASHY MORTAL!!!"

""WHO IS THE PRINCESS?!" WHAT A LOUSY JOKE!"

"WHAT A BONE HEAD!"

"YOU GOTTA BE RIBBING ME!"

"A TRUE NUMBSKULL!"

"SHE REALLY TICKLES MY FUNNY BONE, DOHOHOHOHOHOHO!"

This continues until Flagelo leaves the area.

---

The wide Skeleton Shopkeep beams(or is that his default expression with no skin!?) as he presents Lyth with one of the darling sky blue shirts, size XXS. You pay out 100 Gold Coins. Suddenly, something happens! With a shimmer and a blink... a Title appears!

<Fangirl> Lyth

Titles may be swapped at any time. "Thank you for your patronage and please, tell your friends!" There are still dozens of the shirts for sale...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

Tsukiyo opens a private channel to Takamura. ["Those things don't seem to be named NPCs so it wouldn't make a difference if I destroyed them all, right?]

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:09

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: ["Just move on, kid. It ain't worth it."]

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 00:51

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

[GROUP:] "Yeah, I'm taking those gantlets for sure!" Bracky picks up the gloves and admires them for a moment before slipping them on, waiting for the automated dice roll icon to appear in the HUD to tell him whether anyone else is competing with him for them. They suit the black cloth of his ninja outfit nicely, or at least so he thinks. Another glance at Miyuki has Bracky wondering if there's anything around here that would help him buff-up his av.

Just as he's about to look around at the vendors, Miyuki's icy words take Bracky a little off guard. Surely someone who clearly put a lot of effort into their av was used to having it admired? MMOs really do attract all types. "Not used to having your av admired, hey?" He smiles as her icy stare takes in the ninja. What more could he say? If she's not a dude in real life, or even if she is, her av is the spitting image of true cool beauty. Her voice didn't sound like a dude's.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Jul 18, 2016 around 21:49

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "I'll let my actions speak for me." Her voice has no filtering at all. "Why are you here? Just passing through? Or are you going on to the show?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 00:51

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Noriko was always good at staying in the action without being noticed until she wanted to be. It was something she'd perfected in recent years, too. Not seeing any reason to stir the pot, she lets the others sort out loot and talk to the NPCs.

Memento-Mori

Not one to miss on a collectable, Mori is next in line after Lyth to snag a shirt.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

"Just passing through, but since there's so much hype being made over the show, I think it'd be a shame to miss it. How 'bout yourself?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Noriko: That'll be 100 Gold! You are now <Fangirl> Memento-Mori!

: "I have a feeling that you're not expecting to encounter the Princess... nobody is, right, Takamura?" She looks off to the East, towards the grand curtain. Nothing exists to stop anyone from passing under it. It's just very ominously set is all.

: "Heard she was goin' ta a concert or somethin' tonight. Great chance ta visit her Scape!"

: "And you're so gracious as to let these players be your face." She sighs serenely. "I've been seeking a group of gankers who ducked in here to hide. They think that they can hide under the name of [ORDER]." This entire time she has been speaking in the meditative poise, looking like a master in a temple or dojo. "But I know they are in there... and I know this is the only way to enter that part of the instance." Suddenly, Miyuki gives you a warm smile. "You should try not to be ambushed if you continue."

: "These guys ain't fallin' fer that poo poo!"

: "All the same." She extends a Trade Window to Brackish. She sets down a trio of consumables and highlights [ACCEPT], waiting for you to do the same.

quote:



Beginner's Mocha
A delightful little pick me up potion. Keep it handy for when the going gets tough, meow.
x3 Consumable
Minor: Spend a Healing Surge. Regain 6 HP and gain +2 Defenses USONT.

: "Good luck."

: "Chhh. Listen up, rookies. There's two points ta a player's Mindscape. The first is what we're in now... kind of a kickin' rad home base set up. Some bonuses to stuff you do, a place to socialize, that sorta thing. But the real beef is inside the hardest part of the dungeon they set up. Ya can't make a Mindscape without bein' established as a player. And ya can't get somethin' fer nothin'. People set Scapes up lookin' fer fights and offer up some of their own stash ta make it interestin'. So we're gonna bust in there and steal some loot from a high level [ORDER] officer herself. She ain't gonna be here so she ain't gonna PvP ya. Good thing too, we'd need about twenty of ya to even try." You hear a climatic ssssip and the crunch of a can being pressed flat. "Haaah, good... yeah! So lets go, guys! When yer ready storm through there and I'll start ya on the path ta greatness! Rare items! Tons of gold! Maybe even some unique Personas! ARE YA WITH ME?!"

: "Takamura, I'm curious. Can you hear yourself when you speak out loud?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 00:52

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

A howler monkey could've climbed onto the ninja's shoulder with a megaphone and screamed into his ear during the exchange between Takamura and Miyuki only to give up in frustration for how trained his attention was. So much for the situational awareness of a ninja! Miyuki was only an av, of course, and Bracky knew that, but the meditative poise, the power, the attention to detail, and the predilection for katanas had him momentarily wrapped.

Suddenly she was talking to him! "I-we'll try not to. Get ambushed, that is." And her warm smile on her once icy demeanour makes him want to say more, but he thought better of it. He had the feeling he'd hear from her again soon. He [ACCEPTS] Miyuki's Beginner's Mocha x3, and bows in gratitude: "Thanks for those! I bet they'll come in handy. Good luck on your hunt."

And with their exchange concluded, an "OSU SENSEI!" to Takamura's rallying speech, a chuckle at Miyuki's dig, and a departing smile cast over his shoulder to her, Brackish_Gaijin looks around at the various vendors, hoping to see a weapons vendor and a clothier. Maybe there's something worth dropping some GP on before entering the instance?

"Hey, Takamura! Think those shirts'll help us in the instance, or are they just cosmetic?"

Quartermaster posted:

Beginner's Mocha
A delightful little pick me up potion. Keep it handy for when the going gets tough, meow.
x3 Consumable
Minor: Spend a Healing Surge. Regain 6 HP and gain +2 Defenses USONT.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo walked in, obviously impressed with this part of the mindscape. Quite a different scene than the imposing hellish wasteland they had walked into, and it certainly beat getting mauled by skeletons and ambulatory coffins. He emoted a quick wave back to the other players near the necroforge while Takamura did his pep talk.

"So wait, does that mean we'll be able to get mindscapes of our own eventually?" he asked to no one in particular in voice chat before making his way towards the paintings. Even if it was a digital space, aesthetics were important, and he leaned in for a closer look.

Perception: 1d20+4 = 11

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:01

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth waddled back out of the store, apparently ignoring Memento-Mori. You would have sworn she couldn't have gotten any smugger, but you suppose miracles do happen. With her hands on her now t-shirtted hips, Lyth is now the very picture of uncalled-for pride. "Fufufu!!" You hear the distinctive sound of chips being crunched through the voice chat, and Lyth's next words are filled with delicious cheese chips. "Now, the Wonderful and Amazing Lyth the Chaotic is even better than before! A true leader! Nothing will stop her and her team, Ailurus! Onward to the Mindscape, my lackeys!"

She waddles off towards the lovely samurai woman, bumping into Capo along the way. She looks up at him with annoyance as he mindlessly drawls his questions. With a scoff that you're positive sent chips flying onto the screen, she replies, "Of course we are going to get our own Mindscapes. Under my leadership, we'll be the greatest group to ever roam the Digital Devil Worlds. Why, I'll even let you all have your own, individual Mindscapes! I am truly kind, fufufu!" She approached the super cool lady, lifting herself via tail and turning to Brackish. "Hmph. No need to ask our wonderful tutor. This style simply wouldn't suit you, 野蛮豚. The leader must wear something to identify herself!" When did she decide she was the leader..!?

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:11

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: "Looks like a waste a' good coin."

The painting depict horrible fates for an assorted variety of colorful Humanoids. Trapped inside the iron maiden, mashed to pulp inside a pit full of thrashing skeletons, or lit aflame by the Emerald Sentries. Grim stuff.

(You can advance to the next map at any time, spawning in tiles -AJ to -AH, 27-33. Feel free to declare broad range movements rather than treating this as a combat round, though try to limit them to moving between the "screens" of the map below and give me at least general tile locations of where you move to or investigate.)

---

You pass the curtain and begin the winding approach to the stage.



Ornate spikes and torches line the path, as well as the hulking metal shapes of ominous boxes stained with blood. The ground here is freshly tilled as though somebody... was just buried!



A massive locked gate bars a direct approach to the stage. When you reach for your ticket you discover that it has already burned away, summoned forth by the first massive gate at the start of the Mindscape. A strange contraption laced with loose chains is affixed to the side of the gate but offers no obvious use.



From there the only path lies to the North, across a dangerously thin walkway suspended above several Mosh Pits.



(Overview Shot.)

Bloody Thrashers: HP: 10/10 AC/F/R/W: 14/12/12/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 00:55

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Leaning back again, Takashi tries not to laugh on mic about Ryuka's "leadership qualities," instead just moving navigating .attak forward into the hallway before the stage.

---

.attak

Pausing at the mosh pits, .attak decides he's not dextrous enough to use the walkways, so instead he returns to the gate with the strange chains to ascertain its function. Dungeoneering: 1d20+1 15

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:34

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


.attak: Dungeoneering SuInterruption... ! The moment you step into column 36 the ground erupts as a line of barbed chains tears into you for 5 Physical Damage! The animated metal snaps taut around your limbs and begins to forcefully drag you! You are Grappled and pulled to -AJ36, the Iron Maiden swinging open to reveal a row of animated straps and gleaming spikes! (For the sake of escape DCs, treat the Maiden and Chains as having AC/F/R/W 10/15/15/10.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

"Yo, Takamura, can you mute Lyth's player?" Tsukiyo quickly tacks in the group chat. She's not amused with the lizard's shenanigans, specially since her only distinction in the party is being the one who is supposed to take care of the trash mobs. "This is not a guild or clan, so there's no Leader. Stop wasting everyone's time."

Flagelo

"What's with all the gorey stuff? I thought this game was rated R." Flagelo says as she looks at the gross paintings, following .attak, only to be startled by the sudden appearance of the iron maiden. "I freaking hate traps!" She snarls while charging at the chains, lifting her sword and cutting at them as they drag his colleague.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 15 1d10+12 17

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:10

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Of the three chains, you destroy one and grant .attak a +2 modifier to escaping the Grapple.

(Though not a formal combat round, please wait for others before attacking that specific Maiden again.)

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

"Well I mean, technically we are all applying for the same guild. And we seemed to work pretty well together in that last fight. I mean, I don't think we need to be holding elections or anything, but a leader might be useful for when Takamura isn't online." he says, followed by silently sipping his juice. "I mean, someone else of course. I don't want to be a lea-."

Capo Kappo

"- oh dang!" his words cut off as he watched .attak get grabbed by chains. So much for a leisurely stroll. Flagelo was rushing forward to assist and he took a couple steps to follow suit before pausing. "Watch your feet everyone, I don't think that's the only trap here." as he followed along. But rather than trying to cut the chains he grabbed hold of the armored... dog... jackal... thing? and began to pull with all his digitized might.

Athletics: Aid Other on .attak: 1d20 + 10 = 30!

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:11

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

"Leadership by commitee," Noriko states firmly. "we can vote. if it's something important. whoever is in front the rest of the time doesn't matter..."

Memento-Mori

Mori watches the trap work for a few moments with a creepish look. "heh. i wonder if there's player gore?" she hesitates for a moment longer, seeming like she's going to wait it out to watch, before a ghostly blade suddenly whips out of the ether into one of the maiden's chains

Illusory Ambush vs Iron Maiden Will: 1d20+10 16 1d6+5 6

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


The maiden's chains withstand the spectral assault and remain taut.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
"Hey, I can hear all of you, you know!" Lyth waddles over to nearby the spectral chains holding .attak. "Leadership by committee simply isn't going to cut it! You already need my help to break you out, see?!" She lets loose a gout of fire on the maiden's chains, still speaking into the headset. "Besides, can't you see I'm the only one here with a title!?" I guess she didn't pay attention...

Casting Burning Spray on the Iron Maiden. 1d20+10 = 20 for 16 damage!

Ryuka
"I won't tolerate such insults, you know. Muting me!? Please! How else would we have gotten entry into this fabulous mindscape? After all, it was me who got us that ticket and secured us two bonus Personas, and..." She continues prattling on like this... maybe Tsukiyo was onto something after all.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:11

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Immolating one of the chains above a damage threshold of 10 successfully slags it, further granting .attak another +2 to getting away from the final chain around his neck.

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

Felix finds a vendor specializing in basic kit, and purchases a grappling hook with 50' of rope line.

He finally tunes into his [GROUP], and rolls his eyes over the leadership conversation.
[GROUP]: "Hey, let's wait until this sesh is over to find out who the leader is. We can vote on that once we've got this Mindscape to look back on, okay?"

He purchases his new gear, hearing the satisfying, antiquated cash register "DING" in his headset that represents an exchange of currency (-2GP for GRAPPLING HOOK & 50' HEMPEN ROPE), and joins the rest of the group in the instance.

Brackish_Gaijin

Colours swirl around Bracky and he finds himself near his companions in the instance. He looks around to get his bearings and assesses the area for possible dangers, but he is interrupted: .attak has fallen into a trap!

Without a single breath, Brackish_Gaijin winds up his Kusari-Gama to execute his Ninja-to Rush on the chain biting into .attak. He attacks .attak's chain: 1d20+8 28 for a DEAD-ONhit: 1d10+5 dealing a total of 10 damage to the chain.

The weighted end of his Kusari-gama winds down on its chain from the attack: "You can kit-out your Mindscapes with traps too!?" The more Bracky sees of this user-based virtual reality around him, the more he admires it, and the more he feels unnerved: this is more than a few developers coming up with exciting little quirks to keep players from falling asleep; this Mindscape was constructed by a player and defended by their own imagination! CRAZY!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


A third attack shatters the final train and frees .attak before he can be pulled to the base of the Iron Maiden. It slams shut and sinks into the terrain a bit, welding itself closed.



You've got an interest in that gate ahead but the path ahead seems... significantly more treacherous than it first appeared.

: "Mmmhmm. Why do ya think we're sneakin' in? Princess is a pretty good player. Now if it was just a matter a' waitin' fer somebody ta fall asleep nobody would start their own scape. But ya get ta kit 'em out really good, especially if ya find more stuff doin' good PvE." You can hear the slurp of a can. "Nice save, b t w."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:14

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin nods at Takumara's explanation and compliment, taking the latter for the whole group not just himself.

"Hey, it's what we do. I bet that chest over there <A0-46> is as trapped as...", Brackish_Gaijin pauses, seeking his best approximation of ancient Shinto wisdom, "As an oyster in its shell!"

He smiles at that. That sounded like the kind of ancient wisdom a martial master would spout.

"Let me see..."

Perception, newly wary of traps: 1d20+0 5

Uh-oh.

"I don't know who this Princess is, or what she does, Takumara-sensei, but she hides her traps well." He finds himself standing next to Kappo. "Do you see anything out of the ordinary Chef?"

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2016 around 02:28

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo gave a relieved little sigh as the chains pulling .attak were destroyed, even if it had meant his own efforts weren't as useful. He blinks a couple times as their resident ninja addressed him and peers into the hallway, though given the gloomy atmosphere and torchlight it was hard to make anything out.

"Ummm yep. This hall definitely seems trapped to me." such a remarkable insight after the fact. Not that he had likely seen anything new to begin with, but who ever stopped at just one trap?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 = 7

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:01

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Everything seems well. Just a straight walk to try your luck with the Mosh Pits or the Gate. Of course, if your senses fail you you can still take actions targeted at general areas or specific squares, whether using powers, items or outside the box manipulation of the environment. Just a bit of guesswork and watching your step, it seems.

You can also return to the previous map at any time.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

"It's definitely trapped and no one can find it. So I guess someone gotta go on front and trigger those and the rest of the party keeps them from dying." Flagelo says curtly. "I guess I can do that if no one will. I can take a hit after all."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:10

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka
"This kind of thing is so easy, you know? They never design these traps to really kill you. It's all just an inconvenience. Seeing as I'm the leader, I'll trigger the traps, if there's any left. What's the absolute worst that could happen, hm?"

<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth waddles forward, a little more cautiously than her confident tone might have implied. She pauses every few steps to look around at the surrounding area, raising herself up on her tail each time. "You know, if you would just pay a little more attention, things would be a lot easier for everybody."

Using Perception! 1d20 = 15.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:11

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

[Group]:"Well, we're not warriors if we fear for our safety now, are we? This Princess's treatment of .attak has made me feel unwelcome in her home. Let's see if we can't get some compensation? I'm checking-out that chest over there <AO-46>. Who's got my back?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Perception Success, DC 15 Met

Appliny a critical eye to your surroundings you notice a pattern in disturbances along the ground. The Iron Maidens always lace up to three squares in front of them with barbed chains, buried and waiting. This makes the gate a bit more approachable but a cluster of danger bars the path forward. It doubly blocks the tempting treasure chest.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:15

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

[Group]: "I'm doing this, folks. Unless someone can give me a reason why not."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



.attak

While the others are arguing over how to solve the problem, .attak decides to solve this dilemma with the grace and sophistication of the lumbering brute he's modeled after. Walking between the two traps, he waits for them to spring, hoping to dodge at the last moment.

Move to -AM46, then into -AN47. Assuming the traps spring. Athletics: 1d20+6 20

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:34

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


.attak: You stride up to bait out the Maidens and evade the expected three chain sweep from one of them, the empty chains slamming into the coffin as it sinks into the ground and welds itself shut, merging with the terrain. The other seizes you same as the last, barbed chains digging in to torso, arms and leg for 6 Physical Damage! Your Athletics Success immediately pulls your leg free from one of the chains but you're still Grappled by the other two.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

"Denied!" Flagelo says as she quickly brings her sword down at one of the chains, splintering it in half with a mighty swing.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 28 1d10+12 17

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:10

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«25 »