Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«30 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday - Takamura's Apartment

'not something from the occult, huh?' Noriko wonders, delving deeper into the library of her mind. 'old game lore... hmm...'

History: 1d20+19 35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kasaya Itsumi

As Takashi puts his arm around Yuki, Itsumi decides she's had enough of his relentless flirting with every girl in sight. Her anger finally boils over and she outright explodes on him. "Takashi! Do you have any shame in you at all? Or are you going to try to gently caress every girl in the city? Not just that, but poor Yuki's boyfriend was just killed, and now you're going to move on her while we're trying to figure out how he died?! What the hell is wrong with you?" she yells before turning around and storming out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her and storming off down the road.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo instinctively reaches for her bokken, only to find out she hasn't brought it. Still, she gives a powerful chop aimed at Tahashi's head while Itsumi storms off!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday - Takamura's Apartment

Noriko smirks a little as the door slams behind Itsumi. "...eheheh. nice job, takashi."

pulling out her phone, she fires a quick text to Itsumi

Text Message to Itsumi:
pre:
Noriko: he is so shameless! i agree with you.
Noriko: you probably could have handled that better, though...
Noriko: i can help you put a hex on him if you want... (v۞ิᆺ۞ิ)v

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday - Takamura's Apartment

Akio had intended to point out to Takashi that being a 'pack of fools' is different from being an active threat to Bishop, and that he had missed the point he was trying to make. Instead, uh, that just happened, and he just kinda stands there, avoiding eye contact with anyone involved and feeling incredibly awkward. The guy totally deserved it though, he thinks to himself.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Still stomping off down the road, Itsumi hears her phone buzz and looks down to see Noriko's texts. She replies promptly, head down, her fingers fluttering away at the keyboard on her phone as she continues to walk away from the apartment while typing.

quote:

> thanks
> probably, but i'm just done with all of that poo poo that he's been pulling
> i don't know about hexes though... those creep me out!!!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday

History: Mister Yagyo is an old myth, a yokai said to ride around on the last day of Winter, seeking humans to decapitate. If you throw yourself to the ground and place your sandals on your head, he will pass by you without violence. Said to be the cruelest devil in Hell... Noriko definitely recognizes the energy of his aura now!

: As Itsumi explodes and Tsukiyo gives him a head crack, Yuki grabs her by the arm and shoves her away. "Hey! Stop it! Takashi was the first one to help me, when nobody else would!" She gives Tsukiyo a formidable scowl before turning to Takashi, smiling sweetly. ".. I don't understand what is going on or what you're all talking about. C-can't we just look up who this guy is, call the police? He killed somebody!"

... There's not really anything you can prove. Even if the actions recorded in the headset perfectly match a time of death you're left with the minor task of proving the existence of magic to a skeptical authority... and even then, could guns match a reality bender of this level? You eventually convince Yuki to take things in stride, for now. She seems calmer when you finish investigating the apartment, making notes of the clues you've found and backing up the recording of Takamura's last play session. Good thing modern tech is so user friendly!

Clearly an extrovert, Yuki treats you all as close friends and gives each of you a close hug before you go. "If anything changes, let me know... alright?" The hollow bit of anxiety in her voice can't be hidden... you feel the heavy pull of Fate, tied to this sorrowful widow and the dangers that could be turned upon your "pack of fools!"


Thou shalt have the blessing of the Death arcana...

Through Yuki you establish a connection to the Death arcana, granting you +1 Attack/Damage/Healing for Support Persona of that arcana, as well as +2 to Death Saving Throws! This will also protect you from Lucifer's influence once.


Thou shalt have the blessing of the Fool arcana...

Your connection to the Fool arcana grows stronger, increasing the bonus granted to Support Persona to +2 Attack/Damage/Healing!

Seeing Takamura die in real time, Yuki's sorrow, the face of your enemies, the mysteries of those who cross you... everything leads to the Night Rally at Nekketsu! If Itsumi can put up with traveling with Takashi for now, it'd be best if you all traveled together in case you get jumped!

---


Friday Night, Nekketsu
Music

Gray skies have parted long after the sun sets, the cool black sky above contrasting with the stark white moon above. The absence of the sun has left things chilly and the occasional breeze reinforces that. Once you get off the train you're already in the middle of the bright lights of the city, the vibrant nightlife assailing you with a surplus of the senses! Good kids are usually studying and getting ready to go to sleep at this hour! You can already hear the roaring of engines, cars and motorcycles joined together to show off, everybody knowing yet nobody acting on knowledge of the illegal street racing that must be going on right now. Occasionally waves of tough-looking men and women drive by on bikes of their own. Quite a few are dressed like out of touch gangster types, or wearing the heavy black uniform jackets of Nekketsu. There's no doubt that you're in the right place on the right night. After walking a few blocks closer to the school you're gathered as a group in a park, the rustling of leaves in the trees making this feel like a wonderful night for a walk, if you weren't next to a pack of people who might mob you. Thinking smart, all of you have had time to change out of Naoki uniforms before coming here.

At the edge of the park, glaring in the direction of the school are two familiar guys. Tsukiyo knows both and the rest of you are more familiar with one of them now that Tsukiyo has told you about his part in the school feud. One of the guys is gripping the forearm of the other and trying to reason with him.

: Shou, a guy Tsukiyo knows as a friend of her brother. "Hey-hey-hey-hey-hey. Are you really doing this?! These ain't a bunch of kids! You could really get beat up! Killed!" Sounds pretty put-upon at the moment, just a regular adult guy. He's wearing a Nekketsu school coat over casual clothes.

: Tsukiyo's older brother Genjuro is wearing loose pants and a muscle-shirt tank top, a folded jacket resting on his shoulder. He's a super-fit looking toned fellow who has let his hair grown long enough to braid into dreadlocks. In one hand he's clutching a misshaped lump of gold, bronze and wood. He raises his held arm and sneers at Shou. "Am I ever unsure about anything?"

... You weren't entirely sure what the catalyst for Other School was... but you're not in any hotspot yet. You've got time to consider your approach to the Nekketsu Rally. Itsumi has also warned everyone about Shiokaze's presence and her disguise!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 10, 2018 around 23:53

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

As the group approaches the gathering of toughs, she lets a groan upon noticing the sheer number of delinquents and the like at Nekketsu's entrance. "If they find us out we'll be in a world of trouble, no way to cut that.. Maybe if 'Heart' is there, though..." She stops for a while, and lets out a sigh. "Yeah, uh, Takashi... He's the banchou of the school. But he's a dependable guy."

And then she notices the two no-gooders at the opposite park. And completely freezes. "T-that's my older brother. The one with the weapon. W-w-what is he planning to do." A cold sweat starts to form on her forehead, as panic grips her heart!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday Night - Nekketsu

"Banchou? Dependable? Right..." Another Kunio type? Akio wonders, and shivers, but only partly because of that notion. The atmosphere tonight... It was threatening. Maybe this was a bad idea... He pulls nervously on the black jacket he put on before they arrived, feeling out of place.

"That doesn't look like a weapon, Tsukiyo," he says, peering at the odd golden object in Genjuro's hand. "...I think that's the trophy your brother stole that started this entire feud with Nekketsu. If he's waving that around tonight, with all the heated emotions in the air, uh, I think it might trigger another 'Other School'. It'd explain why Joker is coming here tonight, at least. Maybe Lucifer tipped him off again."

"Should we go talk with your brother, maybe?"

Buying Comrade's Succor ritual and 325g worth of ritual components prior to heading to Nekketsu.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

"Not talk, we must stop him from doing whatever stupid thing he is planning to do." Tsuki's expression hardens. "If he gets jumped on by all of Nekketsu, I don't know what will happen... Uuuu, if only Grandma was here!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday Night

"...i think we'll have an easier time fighting all of Nekketsu than you'll have talking him out of whatever he's here for." Noriko says, her voice slightly muffled by the addition of a mask she'd brought from home; a well-worn black surgical mask with a skull pattern printed on it. "if you're worried for his safety... we're here. we'll watch his back." she shrugs. "i'm assuming joker will reveal himself when the commotion starts... we want to be at the middle of that anyway."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Friday - Takamura's Pad (#beatthemidterms)

Takashi begins to say, "Did I miss Itsumi-chan's kokuhaku or somet..." before Tsukiyo hits him, "Itai!!" he exclaims as her formidable strike connects, "What was that for, Tsuki-chan?" As her words fully register, Takashi goes beet red. He looks directly at Yuki-san but her defense of him precludes him opening his mouth and making an Akio of the situation. When he can manage it, he heads out of the apartment in search of Itsumi, trotting down the street after her. If she'll talk, he'll talk, but if nothing else he doesn't want her getting jumped by hooligans.

Friday - The Rally (#beatthemidterms)

Still smarting from Tsukiyo's chop, Takashi rubs the back of his head. Dressed as he is in a suit, he could easily be mistaken for a more professional kind of tough.

"Heart is a Banchou!? Dependable!?" hearing Akio saying the same things, if in a different tone, Takashi realizes that he feels a protective instinct toward all the girls in his little inner circle. Even the toughest one. If Heart breaks Tsuki's heart... well, it won't be nice.

Assessing the situation with Genjuro and Shou, "He seems intent on starting something, and he's got the means to do it. If we're going to intervene, we won't have much time before all of Nekketsu gets wise to him. Rush it?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

After taking a deep breath, she steps forward with a stoic expression and bokken in hand at Genjuro's direction.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday
Music

You make yourselves known to Genjuro and Shou, the two separating as Genjuro tears his arm out of Shou's grip and uses the moment of sudden movement to follow up by pressing his palm to Shou's chest and shoving him away.

: "W-what're you doing!? I'm your friend, Genjuro! Come on!" Tsukiyo's approach is noticed in the corner of his eye and he turns his head to look, lighting up as he recognizes her. "Hey! Hey! Little Sis! Help me out here! He could really get hurt!"

: Genjuro slowly half-turns his upper body to glare at Tsukiyo and by facing, the rest of you. There's an intensity to him that sets your teeth on edge. His forward hand is holding the warped object, which a bit closer up looks like a badly burned trophy, a figure of a man holding a blob of gold in both arms at the top. "What the hell are you doing here?" His voice is cold and hard..

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

"I'm stopping you from doing the stupidest stunt ever, you dumbass!" Tsukiyo growls and slams a foot down front, sword ready in hand! "If I beat you silly here and now you will stop making trouble to everyone else!"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday
Music

: "These hot-blood dumbasses are the ones always making trouble. I'm sick of hearin' about it..." He holds up the warped trophy and tosses it a few inches up, catching it in his palm again. "So I came here to let them know they lost, once and for all. And what the gently caress do you care? Shouldn't you be studying, maybe playin' pretend with the other kids at your school? Buncha girls playing at being thugs.. it doesn't suit you." He smirks. "You take a swing at me and I'll give you a real once back, y'know."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


will respond to takashi later on



Itsumi steps up behind Tsukiyo. “I really don’t think you want to threaten my friend here,” she says, “nor do you want to deal with the rest of us.” Her statement is mostly to let Tsukiyo know she has her back, knowing her words probably won’t resonate.


Will edit later

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jan 12, 2018 around 19:12

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday Night - Nekketsu

Akio does not share Itsumi's desire to insert himself so blatantly in the Chavez family drama, but he nevertheless draws a bit closer to get a better look at the trophy, curious what it was awarded for and why Nekketsu would value it so highly. No doubt Genjuro knew all about it, but Akio really didn't feel like asking him right now...

Perception: 1d20+11 23

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

To her brother's mockery and his challenge, only one response as she keeps her fighting stance.

"Try me."

Intimidate: 1d20+16 31

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday
Music

Perception: You can't quite make out the writing on the plaque at the base of the ruined trophy. Maybe if you got closer?

: "Did you bring four kids to carry you back home?" Eyes straining until his pupils are dead center in the most white, Genjuro returns the pose with an unarmed fighting stance, his fist clenched tightly in front of himself. "You're stopping me, right? It's your move." The air crackles with intensity... or is it static? His presence is overwhelming, as though a much larger figure were standing before you.

Intimidate 42

: "Please! Stop this! Family can't fight!" Shou holds off to the side, clearly spooked by the auras coming off both of the Chavez siblings!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday Night

Noriko steps to the side and pulls out her phone, playing some mobile game; some sort of ghost-themed cooking game with match-three mechanics? "mmm, if you're going to start fighting keep me out of it, i'm saving my energy for the people we came here for." Her phone screen flashes and emits some dings as an announcer faintly echos out of the speaker: Spooky Combo! Gloom Bonus!!!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday Night - Nekketsu

The atmosphere between the two siblings was seriously scary! Just standing nearby was enough to make him sweat, and Akio has to steel himself to even think about approaching. He clenches his fists and moves as close as he has to to catch a better look at the trophy. It probably didn't matter exactly what the trophy was about, but he was too curious to abandon his course now.

If he gets close enough to attract Genjuro's attention, he'll lose his cool like usual and lets his mouth run without thinking. "Oh, um... H-Hi. I'm one of Tsukiyo's, eh, friends. Um, I was j-just wondering, uh, I mean, I-I don't mean to intrude, but it's just, uh, why do you care about the Nekketsu rally? I mean, a-aren't you a bit old to be bickering with high schoolers, anyway?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

"The only reason you weren't sent to jail after setting their school on fire was because you were a minor back then! I won't let the first thing Mom and Dad see when they return to this city be your mugshot!" She stands unflinching at the menacing aura coalescing around Genjuro. "As your sister, and as another pupil of the family's style, I won't let you take one step forward!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday Night

"ehh... she's probably right about that... most of the people around here are kids, if an adult bursts in and starts roughing people up it'll look pretty bad... it'd be a shame to have a criminal record this early in life." she shrugs. "if you want something done... maybe leave it to us?"


Diplomacy: 1d20+21 31

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Jan 14, 2018 around 03:10

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kasaya Itsumi

Apartment

Upon hearing Takashi approaching her from behind, she whips around and yells, "So you flat out ignore me, but have time to go around with Takano. That's fine, I see how it is." Tears begin to well in her eyes as she continues screaming at him, "You moving in on Yuki is absolutely disgusting though! Just what is the matter with you?! How could you do that to her? Her boyfriend just died! Are you gonna start ignoring Takano for her? Or Are you gonna just blow her off for Takano? How many girls are enough for the great Takaski?!" She takes a deep breath, tears now streaming down her face as she waits for Takashi's response.

---

Rally

Itsumi calmly approaches the altercation as well. "She's right. This is a really bad idea. You're too old for this," she says, hoping it will help, but knowing that it probably won't actually affect the events to come.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday
Music

quote:

: Genjuro flexes the fingesr of his extended hand. "Don't be stupid... all of Nekketsu's alumni are here too. The honored older classes... these dumbass bikers. They didn't just come here to cry together... but they will when I'm done. I'll take them all on, and win." Initially you thought Genjuro might be possessed like Hideaki was, or perhaps had some relation to the static and other outside influences... but his overwhelming Intimidation is made of somthing stronger. The outline of it looms over him, dominating all viewpoints. "Call the cops, do your worst. I'm past that."

: Shou raises a hand and stammers. "G-Gen! You sound like a terrorist!"

: Glaring, Genjuro coldly finishes. "I'll be a hero when it's done. And how about you, Tsuki." You can feel your own Flagelo's presence, wavering, flickering like a flame standing before a hurricane. "What're you fighting for?" You're not sure how... but the context can only mean... the Great Game?!

: "I'm fighting for justice." Her flare meet his, with the intensity of a mighty flame. "And to bring peace to this city. This gives me more power than your misguided ambitions, brother. Now.... DRAW YOUR WEAPON!"

--Slamming the trophy into Akio's face mid-spaghetti, Genjuro's already crossed the distance between the two of you and clenched his free hand to throw a fist! The weight of the silhoutte leans in over his head, adding their fist to the attack!

Akio: You glimpse the details of the little plaque at the base before you get your clock cleaned: Nekketsu 3rd Year Higuchi Jiro, Championship Kendo.

: She meets his fist with a mighty forehead butt! "Reckless! This is not the way our Grandmother taught us! First Lesson!" Tsukiyo's sword thrusts right at Genjuro's neck!

--Your head hurts and your vision flashes red as blood splatters across your eyes in messy lines. Your neck burns with sudden pain and your vision swims, your teeth aching as you immediately get a headache. Through all this you bring your bokken against Genjuro... and see it begin to smolder.

Everyone: The small park around you erupts in static and red lines connect Genjuro and Tsukiyo's heart for a split second, the outline of Flagelo visible against the massive silhouette guarding Genjuro.

: "Don't you think it's a little sad... how we played pretend... in this world that forgot swordplay centuries ago?" In place of rapidly fading static, great lengths of thick iron chain rise from the ground and stretch to the sky like infinite pillars.



: The girl dizzily shakes her head, a wave of red hot pain covering her. Yet... this is nothing compared to the sensation on her stomach as she notices the guardian atop her brother. ". . ." How many times she fought with him before, trying to surpass the insurmountable wall between them? Yet... she knew that come what may, this is the last one.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday Night

Noriko just about drops her phone when Genjuro reveals himself. "...F.... F... Fenrir!? your brother is in ORDER?" Taking a few steps back, she looks around nervously. "save your energy, idiot! he's got to be Joker's target!!"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Jan 15, 2018 around 13:24

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday Night - Nekketsu

"GAH!" The trophy hits Akio like a ton of bricks, knocking him flat on his rear end and causing him to see stars. "Owww..." He covers his aching face with his hands. Well, at least he had gotten the closer look he was after... Higuchi Jiro? He couldn't help but feel like there was something familiar about the name... Oh! Wait! Wasn't Nekketsu's vice principal called Higuchi? So, his son maybe? That would explain why it was such a serious deal to— Uh, what did Noriko just say?

"Fenrir?!" Akio removes the hands from his face and looks up in astonishment. It was Tsukiyo's brother all along? Gritting his teeth, he scrambles to his feet and strides toward Genjuro. "Hey, cut the crap! We need to talk!"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Jan 15, 2018 around 14:55

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Friday - Takamura's Pad (#beatthemidterms)

Letting her wind down, Takashi waits a moment before starting, "So. I feel like I missed a vital conversation somewhere, because that," he points upwards vaguely to indicate Takamura's apartment, "was not a small thing. I don't know where you got the idea I was hitting on Yuki-san from, but now I'm pretty sure she thinks I was and after everything that went down with Taka, I'm sure she feels worse than when we started," seeing how that lands, he barrels onward.

"Yes, I went out with Takano-senpai. No, I didn't do it to spite you or to make you jealous. Did I legitimately miss your kokuhaku to me? I had no idea you felt so strongly. I wasn't trying to hurt you, Itsumi-chan. I care about you, if nothing else, as a close friend. I just figured we'd have to go on a few more dates before either of us knew for sure. I'm, ah, not really experienced at this."

Friday - The Rally (#beatthemidterms)

Genjuro is Fenrir! Takashi tries to fit that piece of information into his world view... but can't? Fenrir was supposed to be an unstoppable force, ruthless and cunning. A perfect evolution of striker and tanker, crashing parties and winning fights. From everything Tsukiyo has said about her brother, that's still true, but... the shine is gone. Like finding out your favorite actor is probably a giant jerk. While he's trying to process all this, unfortunately the situation continues to grow out of hand. Finding a glass bottle in the park's trash feels like providence, and fully aware of the consequences, both societal and otherwise, Takashi grabs it by the neck.

"Hey, <rear end in a top hat>," Takashi says in his best 80s action voice, hopefully drawing some attention. He smashes the bottle's body against a stone support as he makes his way forward to place himself between as many of his friends as he can and the threat. Not seeing a way to get Tsukiyo away, even if she's capable and dependable, he settles for everyone else. Standing on the balls of his feet, ready for violence, he's not the boy his friends have seen before. His makeshift shiv isn't pretty, and the blood dripping down his fist is probably not the best sign, but it'd work as a weapon nonetheless, "You want to hurt my friends, you're going to have to get through me. Unless you're afraid you can't."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko // Friday Night

"...this... this is not de-escalating..." Noriko mutters, narrowing her eyes as she shoots a glare at Takashi. All the same, she finds herself squaring her feet and steadying herself as combat seems more and more inevitable.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Friday
Music

Eyes sharply angled, pupils shrunk in almost pure white, Genjuro glares at Takashi. Out of the shadow of the towering knight's silhouette buds a second shadow, this one bloated and hunched. A gargantuan frog brandishes a steaming, clanking contraption of metal and flicks the wrist holding it, a crossbow's distinctive curves flaring out. A single bolt the size of a human forearm flies from a sideways angle and annihilates the rest of the broken bottle, the impact wrenching Takashi's wrist painfully for a moment before his fingers are forced to abandon it.

: " "I don't want people to fight." "

" "I don't want anyone to get hurt." "

" "I want things to be better, somehow." "

"That's what you're thinking, isn't it? You don't even know what to wish for. Just hoping things stay the same, because adversity is frightening. That everybody gets along, these two tribes stop fighting because... because wouldn't that be nice? If Humans could actually set aside opposed views and desires. You came here with some optimism..." Genjuro flexes his free hand, holding the fingers out like claws. The towering knight matches the stance with a raised fist, the shadow of the frog already turning ethereal and lurking. "I came here to win." He flexes his fingers again and the static is banished entirely, reality ripping open in a messy circle in the park you're standing in, Shou frozen as a glass coffin surrounds him. Inside this small pocket of an Other City, the night above is perfectly dark and dancing with stars, even as the lights of the surroundings building are a gaudy neon.

"That's the difference between us!" The knight's sheer aura produces a wall of wind in all directions! "I came here knowing I would win, a hundred percent given to showing that I'm the best! And you..." In the wake of the wind and her injury, Tsukiyo looks dizzied. "You're just getting pulled along and hoping it'll work out..." He lets out a loud chh! "This is the real me. You gonna fight me wearing that lovely man's mask? Me, a guy who's gonna become a living legend? I'll be the best in the world!" He swipes the air in a broad slash! "Forget the game! I'll go professional, never stop winning, be known world wide as a martial arts champion! That's my iron-clad resolve!"

"And you? Some peasant hoping God feels sorry for him? Your will couldn't save you from a cold! You're not worth my time." With that Genjuro and the knight turn, advancing into the park, the pocket of warped reality remaining open. He steps out of its bounds and marches in the direction of Nekketsu, his steps banishing static beneath them and leaving fresh jagged tears, their boundaries never wavering.

---

Other City
Music

An Other City is beckoning, a Kobe where the nightlife exists in dark shadows cast in the gaps between the neon skyscrapers, auras struggling to stand out against the overwhelming lights... looks like the desires of two worlds are clashing! Somebody peers around the edge of the tear in the park and, blinking twice, bounces out happily with a look of recognition.

: Shikome shows up in her velvet robes, sleeves covering her hands and palms pressed together. "Hi! This is... a warped spot. Uhm, are you heading in? I can help you if you are..." Your power from DDW should awaken here, and you can swap Support Personas and choose two Overseers. You can also finalize Retraining or choose Dailies(if class feature relevant.) It's as easy as calling up your friends on your cellphone, or swiping options through the Devilnet App! Shikome raises her sleeves to cover the bottom of her face, blushing. "I hope I can accompany you."

Knowing Fenrir from his reputation, he is protected against Fire and Cold, as well as infamous for his rushes. He isn't the type to stream his own actions and everything is taken from the viewpoint of players that encountered him. He is incredibly resilient against CC effects, but not wholly immune, and can easily reposition his opponents.

There's also the issue of what shadows may emerge from Kobe and Nekketsu, and undoubtedly Shiokaze is prowling around!

quote:

Drusilla: Bird's Eye View(Passive): +6 Initiative, +3 Perception.
Sage's Will(Daily): Extend the duration of all existing UEONT effects by another turn(One per PC.)
Ataraxia: Ant's Bite(Passive): Marks apply Ongoing 4 Poison(Minions exempt.)
Last Stand(Daily): All Allies gain Total Defense. No Ally can be reduced below 1 HP on this Round(trigger: 2+ PCs call for it on their turn or as a reaction.)
Felix: Execution(Passive): Attacks that reduce a target to 7 HP or less instead reduce them to 0 HP.
Ninjutsu(Daily): All PCs may Shift up to 4 Squares this turn. Movement lost if not used.
Ryuka: Blowhard(Passive): +3 to all Damage.
Greater Fireball(Daily): 1d20+16 vs Reflex in Ranged Burst 2(5x5), deals 4d6+9 Damage
Tatsumi: Hell Powder(Passive): +6 to all Fire Damage and +4 Intimidate.
Hell Feast(Daily): Allows 2 Allies to use Healing Surges + 2d6. Those Healed gain +3 Attack on their next Power.
Hound: Loyal Boye(Passive): +2 Fortitude, Reduce Push/Pull/Slide by 1
Doggone Stubborn(Daily): All Allies gain another +2 Fortitude and ignore Push/Pull/Slide until the start of the next Round(trigger: 2+ PCs call for it on their turn or as a reaction.)
Raccoon: Slippery(Passive): +2 to OA Attacks, +2 Defense against OA Attacks
Time to Shine(Daily): Grants one MBA or RBA to 2 Allies, they may Shift 1 Before or After making the Attack.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jan 18, 2018 around 20:08

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Friday Night - Nekketsu

"...Holy poo poo, Takashi! I thought Bael'waag was going to skewer you with that bolt!" Akio says, staring wide eyed at his classmate, then furrows his brow into a scowl. "Seriously, are you looking to die or something? I mean, I suppose Genjuro wouldn't actually try to kill one of us," he says, sounding uncertain, and throws a brief glance at Tsukiyo. "But waving around a broken bottle was kinda pushing it, don't you think!?" He looks down at the ground as he shakes his head and exhales in an attempt to calm himself down. "gently caress, man..."

Voting Ryuka and Hound. Everyone can benefit from Ryuka's damage and Hound should be useful against Fenrir's repositioning if we end up fighting him.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Friday - The Rally (#beatthemidterms)

Letting the pieces of the broken bottle fall from his hand, slick with blood, Takashi favors Akio with a level look, not overly concerned with the violence or the injury. He pulls off his tie and begins winding it around his fist, effectively bandaging the cuts lacing their way across the landscape of his hand.

"I think you're one of the smartest kids in our class, Akio, but we're way past... normal. This game, The Game, is life or death. Genjuro-san came here, maybe possessed like Hideaki-san was, maybe not, to do violence. You don't answer violence with passivity or words. You answer violence with violence," he looks to Tsukiyo, concerned by the implications of what he's saying, "But if we can beat some sense into him, we will."

Taking several steps towards the waiting maw of the Other City, he stops for Shikome, smiling at his previous long-time persona. He whistles and from around a building, .attak gallops into view, the molten dog moving with a predator's grace, "You don't send a rabbit to hunt a fox."

My vote is Ryuka and Hound.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jan 23, 2018 around 15:00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo - Friday Night.

"..." Tsukiyo looks to the shadows of the Other City, a dark expression on her face as her Persona materializes behind her, a stony visage carrying a massive sword. "Takashi is right. If I must break every bone in his body in order to stop him... I'm willing to do so."

I'd go for Ryuka and Drusilla.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«30 »