Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Brackish_Gaijin

"I got yer back, .attak", Brackish_Gaijin purposefully strides forward, drawing his sweet ninjato to execute his Ninja-to rush on the Maiden Chain: 1d20+9 24, HITTING IT, and breaking its grip with: 1d6+5 10 damage.

Satisfied that the maiden will meld shut and sink partway into the earth, he casts a smug grin, sheathes his sword, and turns his attention to the chest. "Let's see what's in here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Indeed, the Maiden is thwarted and sinks. These traps seem to reward keeping a steady head... or at least not adventuring alone. The chest slowly creaks open...

quote:

Casque of Tactics

An unremarkable but practical steel helm, flat and plain. It has a comfortable satin lining and a quiet, understated aura of authority.

Passive: +1 Initiative
Daily(Free): Swap Initiative with a willing Ally you can see

.attak: Finally, you can safely reach the gate! Dungeoneering Success: It's just scenery! It has no functionality with the massive locked gate at all! For a second it dawns on you how surreal it is that the realistic giant rustic gate is not a physical object required to operate according to engineering or even physics. A suitable Thievery check might open the gate, or the proper Key. All that matters is appeasing the requirements of the code.

On a more practical note (Dungeoneering DC 15 Met) the apparatus can be destroyed and will yield 50 feet of chain.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Capo Kappo

Kappo watched as .attak essentially face-tanked the traps, and while his companions were quick to destroy the chains before they could do any further harm, there was still the initial impact that had to be worried about. He made his way toward the gate and reached into his chef's coat, withdrawing a large pair of kitchen shears. He gave them a couple of test snips into the air to make sure they were still in good order. "Well, we need more of a plan than just rushing headlong into things. I mean it's working so far, but probably not a long-term solution." he says before crouching down and beginning to trim the chains off of its apparatus. While the shears were likely coded for dealing with monster bones and the like, hopefully they were up to the task of cutting through iron as well. With his harvesting done he began to make his way down the hall to the skeletal mosh pits. "Ok, so you guys hold on and if I fall in, then you can pull me out."

Dungeoneering: 1d20+4 = 20 to harvest chain.

((Edit: Delay my turn pending Serviette's))

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin nods at .attak while the Iron Maiden's death rattle echoes in the air. "This is a fine helm, nice and shiny, but it's probably more suitable for our mighty tank over here", he says, gesturing to .attak. "I'll gladly take it, but it doesn't really mesh with the stealthy quiet of cloth, and as the party Ninja–" he breaks off a minute to eye the gate ahead, "Hmm, I think I might have something for that!"

going THIEF the Dark Project on the gate: 1d20+6 15

Turns out I might!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Capo: You efficiently demolish the device and harvest the chain. The Mosh Pits await.

Brackish: The gate remains shut.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

<Fangirl> Lyth
"W-Wait just a minute!" Lyth chases after Capo, if one could even call it chasing. "That's not even a thing! Hold you!? Do any of us look like we could hold you, even if it was!? What exactly is your plan, hm? Are you going to chop all the skeletons to death? Knives don't exactly fare well against bones." She stares straight ahead at the gaggle of skeletons mashing together, plugging one of her ears to save herself from the rattling. "Furthermore, isn't it rather dreadful down this way? I think we ought to just stick with the big door, don't you?"

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:13

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Tatsumi

"Well no, knives can get through bones, you just have to use a heavy blade. And like, use the base of it rather than the tip with like, your hand on the back to drive it. But a cleaver is better of course." not surprising someone with a culinary hobby would know about breaking down bones, but it could potentially sound a bit creepy.

Capo Kappo

Kappo paused for a moment at Lyth's words. He probably should have checked a couple things first before formulating the plan. He then started to wrap the chain around his waist, then slung a bit of it over his shoulders. "Well I mean, the gate was just a texture. I don't think we can actually go through it." he says before looking to Tsukiyo and Takashi's avatars. "I'm pretty sure we're the strongest physically so I'll try to cross and if I fall in then you two pull me back with the chain. Then once I'm across I'll hold it for the rest of us to cross over."

Even in the digital realm the chains were heavy, and his camera perspective shifted down slightly to simulate the drooping of weight. Or perhaps it was all in Tatsumi's head and he was just slumping slightly with his headset. He then started to walk once he was sure the others were ready to support him. Steady, steady... one foot in front of the other, don't look down. But rather than making his way straight across he went for the treasure chest... after all, wasn't loot the whole reason they were here?

Athletics: 1d20+10 = 19 going for the chest at -AY56 while trying to use the chain as a safety tether.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo

"Mass-wise I made my avatar lighter than yours so I think I" Oh there he goes. Flagelo keeps her hand firm on the chain, thinking how many levels it would take before she could take this place solo.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:10

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings

Memento-Mori

"Low strength. I'll watch the pits." Mori takes up position not too far from the pits, ready to AOE if necessary.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

As Capo approaches the chest the anticipation of great loot lightens the mood, especially given the need to maintain a taut hold on the chains around his massive form. His hands trace along the lid of the chest and it begins to open... when with a sudden shimmer, the chest quickly fades away and reveals a terrifying Avatar by the name of Exe QT! Perception Failure, DC 20

: "Fall, pig." A voice filtered to be ominous and dark! In a Readied Action she steps forward and slams her shoulder into Capo's chest, attempting to push him off the ledge! With his own powerful stature he's able to resist!

The other chest shimmers a moment before a Readied spell crashes into Capo from behind, vivid pink flames enveloping him and just barely overcoming his defenses! Capo suffers 15 Fire Damage and -4 Attack UEONT! In place of loot another Avatar has appeared at -BB63, a short little horned woman in a darling red dress. Her name is <Miss> Mapple.

: "Hurry up and fall." An unfiltered young girl's voice calls out, a sigh escaping her mic and her tone ringed with boredom. "We've been waiting all night..."

Both bear the Guild Sign of [GANK INC.]!

quote:

Initiative

Mapple: 26
Tsukiyo: 23
Noriko: 23
Takashi: 20
Exe QT: 13
Ryuka: 12
Tatsumi: 10
Felix: 9

Tsukiyo, Noriko and Takashi are up! Exe QT acts Sunday Night!

Without waiting a beat <Miss> Mapple merciless Curses Capo before pointing a wicked skull-tipped wand at him and releasing a violet blast of light! The detonation causes sinister little pink and red imps to erupt around his shoulders and stab into them with barbed pitchforks before vanishing in puffs of smoke, the combined Blast and Curse damage dealing 9 Physical Damage! Capo can only feel a bit of relief that this alpha strike seems to have been a bit muted... Mapple looks disappointed and effortlessly jogs along the rails to -BF60. (Note: Witchfire is still affecting Tatsumi UEONT(Mapple))

: "Oi, keep it together! Don't underestimate these guys! They'll be a lil' tougher cause of the scalin' stats! Kick their asses!"

-Movement between -AV and -BF rows requires One (Free Action) Acrobatics or Athletics Check of DC 14.
-On a failure, choose a landing spot in one of the first four pits. No Fall Damage.
-Tatsumi auto-succeeds on this check!

Exe QT: HP: 65/65 AC/F/R/W: 19/15/16/15
Mapple: HP: 52/52 AC/F/R/W: 14/11/14/17
[X] Witchfire
Skeletons: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:17

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"PVP jerks. Freaking finally." Tsukiyo mumbles to herself before opening a channel to the other players. "That's why I should have been the one to go. You guys save the healer, I'm going to beat the tar out of that bitch on the back!"

Flagelo

Flagelo quickly shifts as she lets the chains and unsheathes her sword, running through the dangerous gap between the pits effortlessly. "Boy I'm so, so glad you guys went out to ambush us. Seriously, was waiting for quite a while before someone was stupid enough to try!" She says while assuming a balanced sword position.

Move: Running to -BB-60. Using Wildrunners daily to not proc OAs from the skeletons and I autopass athletics since I have a +13 :Vb
Minor: Assuming Duelist Assault Stance.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 40/40 (6)	        AC:	19	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/7 (V: 10)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +3		Ref:	13	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	12	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [x] Wildrunners
                        [ ] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)
[ ]Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Passive: Grants +1 Defense against attacks with the Fear and Illusion keywords
Weakness: None

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings

Memento-Mori

"Finally. Killing people is much more fun." Manuvering to -AT 59, she clenches a fist and thrusts towards EXE QT. A ghostly brawler poofs into existence long enough to take a swing at the attacker, but the psychic assault fails to land. "Ugh. You should run away while you can." Summoning her persona, she sends EXE QT running towards the nearest pit!

Templar's Fist vs Exe QT: 1d20+10 14 1d10+5 13
Terror: 1d20+6 25 (slide to -AZ 57)

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 31/31 (THP: 0)       AC:   18    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 7)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [1]
One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors
Mage Hand           N/M Shield  
Prestidigitation    [ ] Moonstride
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush

Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Weakness to Poison

+2 attacks (takamura)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Aug 1, 2016 around 03:08

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Ryuka
"Haha, you guys are so edgy, what the hell?" Ryuka gulps loudly from her 2-liter of cola. "What is it with PvPers and being edgy? Try being cute, for once!" She turns her head a little bit to look out across the mosh pits. "Oh, like that! Kind of edgy-cute, but cute anyway!"

<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth snaps her fingers, and her flame bursts to life around her, licking at Memento-mori's heels. "Whatever, enough talk. Let's get it over with fast, I want treasure." Raising herself up on her tail after a quick leap forward, Lyth tilts her head back and takes in a deep breath. Her flames take on muted blue tips, and the dragon-rabbit spits out a blue-tinged fireball. Kobold appears above Lyth's head for a brief moment, holding out its staff and violently shooting out a matching fireball. Lyth's sails in an arc, slamming into Exe QT, Kobold's simultaneously smashing into his chest, causing him to stumble backwards! "Get away from my chef, buddy! I haven't eaten yet and this venue has terrible food!"

Minor: Casting Lesser Produce Flame. Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares from her position. Lasts until the end of the encounter, or until she chooses to cast the secondary ability.
Move: Moving to -AU59.
Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at Exe QT! 1d20+9 = 28! HIT! 1d8+10 = 18!!! Cold damage, and Exe QT is pushed 1 square.
Persona! Casting Agi at Exe QT! 1d20+7 = 17. HIT! 1d6+1 = 3 Fire damage.

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 28/32		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 3/6 (V: 8)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref:	13	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Fortune Points: 1
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[ ] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Reliable Man (Takamura) - Lyth has +2 Attack.
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Tatsumi

Ha ha! Now is the time for Tatsumi to get the treasure and be a credit to team! All it took was a little innovation and clever pl- oh geez. Everything is ruined. He gasped in surprise at the horror-movie avatar appeared in front him and set his juice down.

"Soooo I'm guessing they aren't Princess fans?" he asked in group chat.

Capo Kappo

As he asked his question EXE QT attempted to throw him into the mosh pit. He planted his feet firmly, thankful for the extra mass he had made his avatar with as he stayed put. After all, who ever trusted a skinny chef? Yet that additional bulk made it easier for Mapple to hit him, especially since his space to maneuver was limited. Thankfully his party had his back and knocked the hockey-masked psycho away. While part of him considered charging ahead, a look at his HP bar made him think better of it and instead ducked behind Flagelo. He reached into his chef's jacket to procure a hard-boiled egg and popped the thing whole into his mouth for a little boost.

"So umm... are you Princess fans?" he asks over area chat. Being social in an MMO? Unheard of!

Gain 3 THP from Serene Blade on being hit by Mapple's first attack, which is then used up on the second.
Move: to -BB59
Minor: Rune of Mending (Protection) on self: Spend a healing surge, myself and all allies within 5 squares gain +1 all defenses UEONT

Rune of Protection: Myself and all adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 19/34		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 7/8 (V: 8)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

Word of Diminishment	[X][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Shield of Protection
			[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targetted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Tamakura as Overseer

Persona:
Fortune Points: 2
Ara Mitama (Chariot)
Bash (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Range 5. Grants +2 AC UEOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder

A Bug fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2016 around 17:13

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Felix Bedford III
Exe QT and <Miss> Mapple emerge to ambush the company chef! Felix toggles his microphone to [GROUP], "I guess these are the 'Gankers' Miyuki warned us about." He hotkeys-open a trade window to Cappo, offering him a Beginner's Mocha

Trade Window posted:

A delightful little pick me up potion. Keep it handy for when the going gets tough, meow.
x1 Consumable
Minor: Spend a Healing Surge. Regain 6 HP and gain +2 Defenses USONT

With a thought,

Brackish_Gaijin

Brackish_Gaijin equips a Beginner's Mocha and sips on it cavalierly as he watches Exe QT and <Miss> Mapple wreak their havoc. No matter what, there is always time for coffee. He inspects the ambushers: a gothy spellcaster and a horror movie buff with a blade? Ninjas are way cooler!

Mapple is too far away, and besides, Exe QT dresses like she can throw down. He reaches into his bandolier and pulls out a shuriken, the point of the razor-sharp weapon held between his thumb and forefinger. If one had time for a closer inspection of the shuriken, one would see that the dull metal swirled with a pale green miasma animation for the acid that tinged the blade. A nice touch. [INSTANCE]: "Maybe this'll get QT to notice me." With a graceful-looking motion, Brackish_Gaijin flicks it at Exe QT. The shuriken embeds itself in Exe QT's chest. He assumes a fighting stance as QT notices him.

Minor Consume Beginner's Mocha, spending that surge to gain +6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT.
Attack Attack vs Exe QT's AC: 1d20+10 29, delivering an Acidic Shuriken, which deals Poisoned Damage in the amount of: 1d4+1 2 damage outright.

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 31/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 5/7 (V: 8+1 Persona)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1/2
Languages: Common, Damaran	Vision: Normal

Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Summon the Mists
Poisonous Shuriken	[ ] Assassin's Strike		[ ]
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Takamura as Overseer.
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Two-Weapon Defense - +1 to AC and Reflex while holding a weapon in each hand.
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

"Alright, PVP! Finally something challenging!" Takashi proudly announces to his stream, charging into the fray with his allies.

---

.attak

Moving carefully forward, .attak moves into the span over the mosh pit. Watching Cappo disengage with ExeQT, he offhandedly throws a molten dagger at her, which blossoms beautifully in her armor; .attak winks at her, moving another few steps forward. Knowing that he's got one shot at this, he winds up his sword arm and looses his khopesh's blade. The retractable weapon's whip like blades fly past Cappo, Flagelo and finally clips Mapple, leaving a rapidly cooling metal shard in her shoulder. The blade returns safely to .attak.

[Group] Got 'em!

• Athletics to not fall: 1d20+6 14 - whew.
  • Move to -AZ60
  • Minor: Battlemind's Demand on ExeQT.
  • Standard: RBA: Strength vs. AC (Mapple): 1d20 17 - suck it, bitch.
  • RBA Damage: RBA damage: 1d10 7 damage
  • Mapple is marked until EOMNT. ExeQT is marked until I say otherwise.
  • If Mapple includes me in an attack, .attak teleports to the space behind her on a hit or miss.

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 38/46 (THP: 0)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [4/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Infernal Wrath              [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [ ] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:36

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Everybody is up by Sunday Afternoon.)

(Sorry for the delay, naturally internet was brought back up right before back to back shifts. Smooth sailing ahead.)

(Also I'm not going to worry about it this time because I'm putting so many turns together at once but in the future watch your movements and order of operations. Exe QT was probably pushed out of at least one attack's range or affected by a Slide that couldn't do anything or resolve and was wasted.)

Noriko: Square is occupied, Exe QT ends up at -BB57(in the Pit) after all PC actions resolve.

Lyth: Cold Damage strikes a Weakness on Exe QT but the Agi is absorbed by resists! This improves your damage to 21.

Engulfed by sudden fear, Exe QT dashes along the wall near her and comes to a sudden stop in the middle of the mosh pit. The Skellies go crazy and thrash 12 Necrotic Damage into her!

Exe QT stands from Prone as a Minor and uses another Minor(Move) to down her own Experienced Espresso, regaining 10 HP and +3 to All Defenses USONT! She burns her Standard to climb out of the shallow mosh pit(stays in -BB57 but is now on the ledge.) The masked psychotic seethes at Capo and Flagelo over the lid of an elegant pink teacup full of liquid mana. Her Persona manifests above her temporarily, a wicked image of raging flame and hate! Ifrit passively casts Auto-Sukukaja and grants Exe QT +2 Attack to her next Power use!

Retreating to her maximum casting range, Mapple manifests a brilliant gleaming tiara of pure twisting void energies, perfectly black with an ephemeral frame, as though space had cut out a hole the size of the crown just in her hands. She gestures to Flagelo and teleports the darling headdress onto her head directly! The concentrated space madness violently sears Flagelo(Hits with -2, violates Mark?) for 21 Radiant Damage! Mapple raises one dainty hand to her mouth to cover a mocking laugh.

Exe QT: HP: 30/65 AC/F/R/W: (22/18/19/18 USONT) 19/15/16/15, Bloodied, Marked(.attak), Weakness: Cold
+2 to Next Attack, Resist Fire 5, Stand as Minor, Weakness Cooldown UEONT
Mapple: HP: 45/52 AC/F/R/W: 14/11/14/17, Marked(.attak)
[X] Witchfire [X] Crown of Stars
Attack +4, 4 Necrotic Damage

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:19

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo

"Gah!" Flagelo winces as she's seared by the magical strike sears her Avatar, as she looks to her left. "Your friend is kinda out of range so you'll settle!" She says as she puts her sword in a pseudo-sheathed stance. She remembers this move as performed by her grandmother in the Dojo, the sheer speed of it almost unimaginable. It was said that this strike could cut a fleeing sparrow in a single flight, but Tsukiyo knows that within this digital world, this can extend to other creatures. "Estilo Espada Serpenteante #2: Taka Gaeshi!" She advances past Cappo, unsheathing her sword at the masked PKer in front of her... And slashing her on two completely opposite places at almost the same time in a cross pattern.

Move: To BB-58
Standard: Melee Basic at EXE-QT, using Power Strike. Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 27 2d10+16 28
Minor: Sohei Flurry! Sohei Flurry vs AC: 1d20+12 23 1d10+5 12 Total 40 damage! If it beats her I get 6 THP!

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 19/40 (6)	        AC:	19	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 5/7 (V: 10)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 11

Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [x] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [x] Wildrunners
                        [x][ ] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry

Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Ryuka
"Ugh, seriously? They're too far away for me to do anything. And you can't seriously expect me to move through... that while we're in combat!" Ryuka coughs into the microphone, and Lyth belches up a fiery breath on the mosh pit in front of her, roasting most of the skeletons inside.

<Fangirl> Lyth
"Can't you move them closer? Or me closer? Either one. I simply refuse to move across like this." Lyth tilts her head back with a deep breath once more, lobbing another blue-hot fireball at Exe QT. "And why isn't this one dead yet? Surely you didn't actually let him drink a potion, did you?"

Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at Exe QT! 1d20+9 = 26. HIT! [url=http://orokos.com/roll/424505]1d8+10 = 16! Frost damage. Exe QT is pushed 1 square, probably back into the mosh pit.
Move: Moving to -AU58.
Minor: Casting Fire Breath directly in front of her, in burst 3. 5#1d20+8 = HIT! on all but one. 1d6+3 = 7! Fire damage on all hit.

pre:
Lyth   						 

[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame

Ongoing Effects:

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

(Reducing Crown of Stars damage by 2 due to the Rune of Protection state and being adjacent to Flagelo)

Tatsumi

"Well you're gonna have to cross over sooner or later. Otherwise she's gonna keep blasting us." he said, then gave a soft hmmm to himself and grinned as he got an idea.

Capo Kappo

"Though she can't do that if she's too far away. We'll buy you time to cross." he says, then raises the coffee that Brackish had given him with a little toast (though without the wink). Once it was finished he then began to hop across the catwalk with agility and athleticism that looked almost silly for his hefty avatar. Not like he could do anything similar in real life though. Energized by the mocha he planted his feet, then began to rush at Mapple... holding his pan in front of him like a battering ram to both clear some space as well as to protect himself from whatever magical blasts might be coming his way as he attempted to slam into her.

Minor: Drinking Beginner's Mocha, +6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT (Included in combat block)
Move: to -BG59
Standard: Charge with a Bull Rush 1d20+7 = 26 at Mapple, pushing to -BM61 and occupying her old spot.

Rune of Protection State: All adjacent allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	21	

Word of Diminishment	[X][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
			[ ] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targetted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Tamakura as Overseer

Persona:
Fortune Points: 2
Ara Mitama (Chariot)
Bash (vs Fortitude. Melee. Deals 1d4+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Rakukaja (Range 5. Grants +2 AC UEOMNT)
Weakness: Thunder

A Bug fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2016 around 16:23

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

Memento-Mori

Moving along the center of the narrow hallway, Mori does her best to keep her balance, but soon begins to wiggle and topples over into the pit at -AX 59. "drat." With a shrug, she pulls herself up onto the ledge.

acrobatics DC 14: 1d20+1 4
Move: to -AW, 60 - fall into -AX 59
Standard: Pull out of pit

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Illusory Ambush

Passives:
Weakness to Poison

+2 attacks (takamura)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

"Ugh! Casters!" Takashi announces to stream and the party, and like the lumbering brute his avatar is, he makes it trudge forward.

---

.attak

Without a lot of gap closing options at this range and level, .attak merely move forward as far as he can. When he gets within range of Mapple, he throws another molten knife expertly, placing it in the same spot he hit with a molten shard on the previous turn.

• Athletics: 1d20+6 21
  • Double move to: -BJ60
  • Minor: Battlemind's Demand on Mapple.
  • Mapple is marked until I say otherwise, now.
  • If Mapple includes me in an attack, .attak teleports to the space behind her on a hit or miss.

pre:
.attak   						 
Power Points: [4/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:37

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Brackish_Gaijin

Finding himself behind on the action, and rather envious of the punishment the Group has dealt to Exe QT, Brackish_Gaijin begins moving towards <Miss> Mapple. His eyes don't stray from her at all while his nimble feet navigate the mosh pits. He removes another shuriken from his bandolier and equips a small vial of Bloodroot Poison. He is still out of range of Mapple, but that's okay: this poison won't apply itself!

Move: AY-60, Athletics Check:: 1d20+11 28
Minor: Apply Bloodroot Poison to 1 Shuriken.

WotC posted:

During this encounter, the next creature hit with the poisoned weapon takes 6 damage, and it is dazed (save ends).

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 31/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 5/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10

Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Summon the Mists
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).

[/quote]

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Everybody's up by Thursday Night!)

(And I missed Capo's questions because they were edited in later.)

Channeling the Crown of Stars, Mapple directs a blast from Flagelo to Brackish, zapping him for 5 Radiant Damage! She then raises her wand and makes a tut-tut gesture at Capo, blasting him with ethereal winds for a Reduced 5 Damage and Immobilizing him UEONT! To top it all off she teleports 7 squares away to -BT53 and trots off to -BS47, expertly navigating between the looming maidens.

: "The only thing Princess does well is fight. This whole place is garish... it's a fitting tomb for you."

Cut clean in half by Flagelo, Exe QT falls! Her form twitches and vibrates before abruptly fading away to static. It loudly blares before vanishing and leaves behind the blazing essence of the Persona Ifrit, which will manifest after the battle.

: "Noice! Follow up on that and smack this chump!"

: "An acceptable loss. Hem hem..." Mapple turns to face the nearby large conspicuous statue. "Boys! I'm almost out of spells!"

: "Right!"

: A familiar harsh voice crackles over zone speak. "This isn't over." Exe QT rejoins play as Overseer for her group!

Heightened Senses: Exe QT grants +1 Reflex to her Allies!

A massive man clad in hulking armor emerges in a shimmering smoke screen as the statue sheds its illusion! Standing in his shadow is a quirky dashing swordsman. <Sir> Heart and Hero 4 Hire both bear the guild sign of [Gank Inc.]! Hero sets Capo as the target of his Oath of Enmity and joins Heart as the two race to strike at him! The massive Heart brandishes a great spiked iron club in one hand and a set of ceremonial blades in the other... with a sweep and a smash he strikes the ground at Capo's feet and beckons the winds, blasting Capo forward 2 Squares! and dealing a Reduced 6 Physical Damage! Hero follows up with a pair of wicked fast slashes and a caw from his companion, dealing another Reduced 11 Physical Damage and marking Capo with the Bonds of Pursuit! (Nice DR you got there, Slims-kun.)

Heart and Hero loom sinisterly over the heavily wounded and entrapped Capo, Heart adding his Mark as a Warden to boot!

The bloodied Skeletons that Ryuka destroyed lay dormant but their wet bones twitch and vibrate randomly.

Mapple: HP: 45/52 AC/F/R/W: 14/11/15/17, Marked(.attak)
[X] Witchfire [X] Crown of Stars [X] Otherwind Stride
Heart: HP: 70/70 AC/F/R/W 18/15/12/15
Hero: HP: 56/56 AC/F/R/W 17/15/17/18

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:21

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo

"Oi oi, get back tubby, we can't have you getting messed up in the frontlines!" Flagelo grunts in her voice chat as she runs towards the rest of the party and the two interlopers. "More of those jerks? And the one I beat is still standing?" Her avatar's skin grows darker as the protective runes in her activate. "When I get to that little...!"

Move+Standard Run to BM -61
Minor: Using Stone's Endurance to gain Resist 5 all.

pre:
Flagelo   						 

Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] Stone's Endurance          [x] Wildrunners
                        [x] [ ] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)

[/quote]

Poultron
May 26, 2006

<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth shuffles over towards the middle of the pits, a twinge of annoyance on her face. "I can't believe I didn't get all of them. I can't believe I have to cross this lousy pit with no help. I can't believe this stupid place! The only good thing to come out of it was this shirt." She twirls around as she lifts herself up by her tail, the flames around her body roaring into the air. "But I suppose I have to cross some time." Lyth comes crashing back down to the floor, completely enveloped in a fireball, darting across the entire length of the pit in the blink of an eye. The massive blaze comes to an abrupt stop just next to .attak, the majority of the flame flying forward and crashing against the wall in front of them. Still licked by flames, she looks up at .attak briefly. "Alright, then, go... do your tanking... thing, would you? I'll burn them to a crisp while you take more blows to the head."

Check: Athletics at DC 14 to cross the pit. 1d20+4 = 24!!!.
Move: Running across the pits twice, coming to a stop at -BJ59.

pre:
Lyth   						 

[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame

Ongoing Effects:

Passives:

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Brackish_Gaijin
Mapple blasts Brackish_Gaijin with Crown of Stars, and then she retreats as he approaches–a typical move for a caster. Oh well. Hero & Heart appear: now it's a proper ambush! The shuriken meant for <Miss> Mapple swirls with a rusty miasma as it flies forth from the ninja's hand into Heart's massive, armoured torso. Brackish watches the hulking Ganker with fascination as the poison's devastating effects manifest.

A thick fog begins to obscure Brackish_Gaijin! The last thing Heart would see of Brackish_Gaijin before he becomes totally obscured in the Mists is the smile on the ninja's face as he reaches for the sickle-end of his Kusari-Gama.

• Move: to BL-60. Acrobatics check vs Mosh Pits: 1d20+11 31. Brackish practically backflips all the way past them. (Note: I'm including the movement I missed, which should have been a double-move to BF-60 to burn out my Standard for the previous turn.)
  • Standard: Bloodroot-Poisoned Shuriken vs Heart's AC: 1d20+10 25 is a hit: 1d4+6+6 for 15 Poison Damage. Heart is Dazed, but a save can end that.
  • Minor: Summon the Mists: Burst = 5, creating a zone of lightly obscured squares around Brackish that lasts until the end of the encounter.

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 26/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10

Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ x ] Summon the Mists
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Next Round is Saturday Night or Sunday Afternoon!)

With a dramatic flourish Hero Critically!!! runs Capo through the chest! He lifts him a foot off the ground before elegantly withdrawing the sword, the three Gankers cheering as Capo immediately collapses when he returns to the floor! His form crackles and begins to waver with static like Exe QT did...

: "Now we're even!" An unmodified young man's voice.

As a Warden, Heart Saves at the Start of his Round and lets out a manly beat, slamming the fist holding his knives to his chest! He then coughs smoke out of the sides of the mask and falls to one knee before rising slowly, his Weakness targeted but only Slowing him temporarily. Gaijin's damage is boosted to 18. He strides past Capo's fallen form, taking two steps to plant himself in the midst of the group. He slams one foot down and strikes an imposing stance, Marking Gaijin and Flagelo. He then turns and faces down Flagelo, towering over her as raw power floods his form and distorts the air around him! The ominous presence prompts her to evade a sudden eruption of vines at her feet!

: "Hmph. Well done!" He resumes his stance after belting out a strong line like an ancient master, his voice heavily masked by filters to replicate the muffling of the mask and a generic ancient wheeze.

Mapple continues to power the Crown of Stars but misses Gaijin. She Second Winds and holds her ground. Coordinating their powers Hero and Heart beckon a pair of Personas out, Heart summoning a stout looking two-headed dog of myth and Hero beckoning the ethereal shade of a towering, looming skeleton. They attempt to blast Gaijin but he looks rather cool evading just like a real ninja...

With a sudden crash Ara Mitama appears over Capo's fallen form and dissolves, pouring its essence into him! Capo returns at his Bloodied HP Value but he has lost his Support Persona! This includes access to Fortune Actions and all Passive Benefits, as well as the Weakness. You're not sure what will happen if you fall again but you feel the absence of a guardian spirit... expecting to hear Takamura's lament over your blunder you instead feel a slight tinge of dread as a system message comes up:

<The Great> Takamura [Ailuridae] ((AFK))

You've lost the benefit of Reliable Man(+2 Attack!)

In the background you can hear the muffled opening of a door and Takamura calling "Heyyy!" A woman's voice replies in the curt affirmative. "How was work?" "Good good, but the new girl can kiss my rear end. Snobby as hell." "Hah! You'll show her who's th' boss. Hey hey, I'm almost done over here. What're we eatin' tonight?" "How's takeout sound? There's this new place that..."

Mapple: HP: 52/52 AC/F/R/W: 14/11/15/17, Marked(.attak)
[X] Witchfire [X] Crown of Stars [X] Otherwind Stride [ ] [ ] Fortune
Heart: HP: 52/70 AC/F/R/W 18/15/12/15, Slowed(USONT), Weakness Protection
[X] Earthgrasp Strike [X] [ ] Fortune
Weakness: Poison
Weakness Reduction: Slowed Only
Hero: HP: 56/56 AC/F/R/W 17/15/17/18
[X] [ ] Fortune

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:22

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo

"Goddamnit, is he having a date while in the middle of this? And I told you guys to regroup, don't just f**ing lollygag!" Tsukiyo is growing more annoyed at the part's behavior, venting her aggression in a massive sword-slash at Heart. "Spear Kitty, go for it!" She says as Kishi Neko materializes and ties to pierce the Warden's body to no avail. "And where the hell is OUR magical support, huh Lizard?!!!"

Minor: Using Battle Wrath Stance. It gives +2 on damage on all MBAs.
Standard: Melee on Heart Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 20 1d10+14 19, proccing Power Strike: 1d10+5 6 for a total of 25 damage.
Persona: Summoning Kishi Neko to strike at Heart! Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+7 14 1d6+1 3 Misses!

pre:
Flagelo   						 

Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [x] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] [x] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)
[x]Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)

Poultron
May 26, 2006

<Fangirl> Lyth
"I certainly hope that you aren't talking to me." Lyth strafes left to adjust her position, aiming carefully at the clump in front of her. "As if I would ever provide something so demeaning as support." She inhales deeply, the air she sucks in igniting subtly off of her allies. She lets loose a massive, fiery breath onto the area, the flames once again totally ignoring her friends, causing Heart's armor to cook him from the inside out. The flames on Lyth's own body violently erupt, battering her with tiny meteors. "Th-the only support I'll be giving you is getting rid of these idiotic ambushers!" You can hear a twinge of concern in her voice as she looks towards Capo, but she doesn't say anything else.

Move: Moving to -BK58.
Standard: Casting Burning Spray at -BL59 to -BN61. 4#1d20+7 = HIT! on Heart and Flagelo. Heart takes 1d8+10 = 17! Fire damage. Lyth uses Nusemnee's Atonement to take Flagelo's damage, having 10 resist to this damage; Lyth takes 7 Fire damage. She regains the use of Dragon Breath!
Minor: Casting Dragon Breath at -BL59 to -BN61. 4#1d20+6 = HIT! on Heart and others. Heart takes 1d6+3 = 4 Fire damage. Lyth uses Nusemnee's Atonement to take and eliminate the damage to her allies.

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10

[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame

Ongoing Effects:

Passives:

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Tatsumi

Tatsumi gulped nervously as the two new gankers appeared before him. He had overextended himself, and his fingers twitched nervously and his breathing got a bit more rapid and shallow as he watched his HP drop lower and lower. He quickly ran through his options menu, looking for anything in his ability list that could help him out. Maybe this recipe? Maybe fall back? Oh geez, oh man, what to do...

Capo Kappo

Making matters worse, he tried to move back towards his allies but found himself rooted to the ground. Panic was setting in, and rather than doing anything he just looked about nervously while the two gankers made short work of him, too paralyzed by indecision to defend himself.

-----------------

Capo Kappo

He saw the system message pop up right as he lost his persona and got back up. Seeing the name first, he expected it to be beratement for his poor performance. So much for this guild trial. But wait, an AFK message? Maybe the boss-man hadn't noticed his shameful performance then. He'd still have to deal with the loss of his friendly flying ketchup drop, but a second chance like this wasn't going to come along again. He begins to reach into the pockets of his chef coat, drawing a variety of dried chiles and herbs which he tossed into the pan. He wafted a bit of smoke from Brackish's ability into his pan as well, followed by two well-marbled strips of beef. They quickly sizzle and cook up with a billowing wafting of flavor, enough to invigorate any friends in the area and bring hunger pangs to his enemies. A quick saute and flip before the steaks flew overhead, one to Flagelo and one to .attak... until the latter one started to fall, its trajectory going instead from the jackal to the weird dragonbunny thing.

"Well, that may have counted as a kill, but I'm not gonna let you get another one." he says as he takes a step and swings his skillet at the armor-clad figure. Thanks to Lyth's flames it was easy to heat up, and after a comical bash he holds the bottom part of the skillet firmly against him as though burning him with a brand.

((I'm dumb and forgot to include the +1 attack roll from Veteran's Armor when doing the rolls, hence the difference in the post))
Action Point: Rune of Undeniable Dawn vs AC against Heart (16) and Hero (30) for 11 radiant damage. Heart takes half damage due to miss. Creating a close burst 3 zone centered on -BN60. Myself and all allies in the zone gain +2 power bonus to all defenses. Zone lasts UEONT (can be sustained with a minor action).
Move: Shift to -BM59
Free: Activating Sunblade Longsword, changing weapon damage to radiant
Standard: Executioner's Call (Protection) against AC: 18 against Hero for 11 radiant damage. Allies gain +2 to damage rolls against Hero and Hero takes -2 penalty to attack rolls UEONT.
Minor: Shield of Sacrifice. .attak loses a healing surge. Lyth and Flagelo each regain HP as if they had spent a surge (doesn't actually cost them a surge though) and all three gain +5 power bonus to AC UEONT.

Rune of Protection: Adjacent allies gain +2 resist all
Veteran's Armor: +1 item bonus to attack and defenses UEONT

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 17/34		AC:	23	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	21	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	19	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	22	

Word of Diminishment	[X][ ] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Aug 14, 2016 around 14:02

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Felix Bedford III: is shocked by Capo's fall and recovery. [GROUP]: "Glad you're still with us, chef!" Heart had a lucky blow, no question about it. Bracky's poisoned shuriken clearly struck a weakness, that much is clear. Felix had never successfully used it in PvP before; it felt satisfying watching Heart crumple. And now Heart is no more! Momentarily savouring the hulking avatar's disintegration into nothingness, he turns his attention to Hero.

Brackish_Gaijin: Still enshrouded in the mysterious fog of his own making, Brackish begins to wind the weighted end of his Kusari-Gama like a windmill by his side as he charges at Hero. The weapon builds momentum; in less than a moment all that can be heard is an ominous WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH!, until the weighted end smashes into Hero's skull. Brackish then shifts to make room for the now prone Hero and stabs him with his sickle.

• Move: Charging Hero (to occupy BN-61)
  • Standard: Whirling Kusari-Gama vs Hero's AC: 1d20+8 20, HITS, to deal 5 damage, and Hero is knocked prone. Bracky shifts over one square, to BN-62, to deal another 5 damage. That's a total of 10 damage vs Hero.

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 26/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10

Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

Noriko

Suddenly overcome with a sneezing fit, Noriko does her best to mute her mic before spending the next thirty seconds bleating out the song of her people (those with seasonal allergies)

Memento-Mori

"...ahh.. Allergies!" She does her best to carefully navigate the center of the hallway, stopping at the edge of the pits at -BE 60. Trying to target Hero with an illusion attack, she manages to beef the skillshot with another unexpected sneeze.

Move: to -BE 60
Acrobatics Dc 14: 1d20+1 21
Standard: Illusory Ambush @ Hero (Miss)
Illusory Ambush vs Hero Will psychic dam: 1d20+10 12 1d6+4 10

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 

Illusory Ambush

Passives:
Weakness to Poison

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

.attak

.attak moves up recklessly, placing himself in an optimal position to assault the two jerks that want to put Cappo in the ground. Like a blur, he throws more daggers, sailing gracefully into Heart and Hero's armor. Facing <Sir> Heart, .attak spins his head around entirely, like an owl, and his eyes grow large, molten and terrifying. The heat burns Hero and his companion, and doesn't immediately diminish, boring into him.

• Move to -BN60, provoke on Heart (+2 defs vs. OAs)
  • Minor: Battlemind's Demand (Aug 1), both Heart and Hero are marked until otherwise noted.
  • Standard: Conductive Defense (Aug 1) vs Reflex (Hero): 1d20+12 32 - crit 17+6 = 23 damage
  • Hero and Heart are both marked, let me know if they attack my allies.
  • Hero takes additional damage if he attacks my allies or shifts.
  • My mark on Mapple falls off, but if she damages me, let me know.

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 38/46 (THP: 0)       AC:   21(26)    Passive Insight: 11
Power Points: [2/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:37

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Everybody is up, lets go by Thursday Night.)

Heart's defeat causes him to drop to both knees, the massive presence of the great knight causing the earth to quake superfluously! With a flickering distortion he gradually fades away, the shadow of Orthus absorbed into your Soulshell.

At the first sign of the focus train, Hero provokes his Avenger's Resolve, gaining DR 5 for the rest of the assaults! This weathers attacks from Capo(Oath cleared after Death), .attak and Brackish, barely allowing the cocky bastard to stay alive. With a Minor he immediately clears Prone and kicks back up to his feet, grinning.

: "Not yet, doggie, not yet!" Despite the presence of the smoke, .attak's mark and Capo's blazing runes... Hero gestures to Brackish before lunging forward and spearing him through the shoulder! In a flash of swirling black mist the two are Teleported away! (Violates .attak's mark.) The violent blow inflicts 15 Damage to Brackish as the two appear further down the map, Hero withdrawing his blade with a violent twist. Hero initially appears at -BS60, adjacent to Brackish at -BR61. Hero then Moves to -BS53.

This Teleport places Brackish in the path of an iron maiden which viciously slashes a chain across his throat, instantly Immobilizing him until the chains are broken(Flat damage value of 10 or higher) or escaped (Move Action for Athletics or Acrobatics DC 20.) Fortunately it is only one chain... unfortunately, the heat of battle and a Critical 9 Damage are no laughing matter. Hero is bloodied but Brackish is nearly down!

Feeling the absence of .attak's mark, Mapple attempts to blast him with the Crown of Stars but is unable to overcome his defense. This does count as attacking, though. She remains where she is, watching how things play out...

: "Oi, that sounds good, hun! And while yer out maybe ya can hit the corner store?"

(Distant Woman's Voice): "Sure thing. What do you need?"

: "Cigs would be good, I've got money fer ya. And oh yeah... definitely need two more boxes a condoms."

Reliable Man remains down while <The Great> Takimura remains [AFK]...

Suddenly, the air crackles and lightning rips across the floating stone miles over head. Thunder booms repeatedly and great pillars of violent red energy slam into the stage nearby. With a dramatic slow CRRREEEAAAAAAAAKKKK... the locked gate to the stage swings open.

Attended By The Master Of This World
<Princess> Royal Boner [ORDER] *[BOSS LEVEL]*

(Music Cue: 0:00 to 0:24): The gorgeous and darling zombie princess adorning the shirts and tickets of this world manifests to the wild cheers and ultra frenzied thrashing of the bloodied skeletons which have reformed in the pit Lyth cleared out. Floating a foot above the ground and being roughly five feet tall herself, the Princess can barely be seen over the scenery were it not for her elegant outfit, garish crown and wicked scythe-sickle guitar! Four of her arms are presently occupied with producing wicked sweet licks as unseen voices cry out in a ghostly chorus.

(Music Cue: 0:25 Onwards):

: Two of her arms produce a majestic silver-rimmed black violin and begin furiously playing to enhance the music! "OHHHH! I thought I'd just check my mail before bed... BUT WHO DO I FIND HERE?!?!?!?! TRESPASSERS!" As all six arms produce the anthem of your doom she lets out a wicked wailing OHHHHHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO! "BUT DON'T WORRY, DARLINGS! I'LL MAKE IT QUICK BEFORE BED TIME!"

: "GRAAAAAAAAAN~FALOOOOOOONNNN~!!!" Above Princess the ethereal image of a screaming orb of endless corpses appears and begins steadily shedding. Dozens of ghostly attendants, rotting groupies and skeletal thrashers begin to rise from the ground around Princess as she slowly advances towards the Mosh Pits, playing all the while.

Mapple: HP: 52/52 AC/F/R/W: 14/11/15/17
[X] Witchfire [X] Crown of Stars [X] Otherwind Stride [ ] [ ] Fortune
Hero: HP: 22/56 AC/F/R/W 17/15/17/18, Marked(.attak)
Stand from Prone as Minor
[X] Avenger's Resolve [X] Sequestering Strike
[X] [ ] Fortune

Royal Boner: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 29/21/23/30
Followers: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:23

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"OMG stop talking about your freaking booty call!!! We don't have to hear that!" Tsukiyo yells at her mic, hoping that it gets caught to Takamura's PC. She then notices more noise coming from within the game, musical ones... "...Droga. Porcaria. Merda.."

Flagelo

Flagelo lets out a drawn sigh. "Yeah we gotta get the eff outta here." She bursts out, her boots flaring up as she runs closer to Mapple, sword in hand. "Just after we take care of those dillholes, though!"

Move+Standard: Double run to BQ-47.
Minor: Duelist Assault Stance.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 29/40 (6)	        AC:	19(+5)	Passive Insight: 11

Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [x] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] [x] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry

Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)
[x]Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Takashi

Seeing Hero play exactly how Takashi expected elicits a full-throated cackle for the stream. "Out effin' skilled, kid."

---

.attak

With unnerving accuracy, .attak's head follows Hero's movements. As his initial strike connects with Brackish, the heat in the beast's eyes blazes white hot. In a flash, Hero is gone with Brackish in tow. Probably feeling smug in his retreat and the trap, it is with the greatest satisfaction that .attak vocalizes, "Hi," directly into his ear.

With all momentum of a freight train, Hero's own strike against Brackish is repeated upon him, .attak mirroring the motions as if he is replaying them. Worse, because he was so closely studied, .attak is able to improve on the strike, hitting Hero even harder.

Satisfied with him, .attak pushes the tiny human off his blade as Mapple's spell rebounds off his back like a stiff breeze. Turning his gaze ever so slightly, .attak shimmers and disappears. A crushing heat builds behind the sorceress, followed by the searing cut of .attak's blade. As the whiplike sword finishes the motion it coils around Mapple's legs, biting deeply. His other hand reintroduces her to the warmth of a dagger, politely buried in her ribs.

• Trigger: Imm React - Violate Mark - Hero takes 15+4 damage for hitting Brackish. (14 after DR5)
  • Trigger: Free Action - Hero teleported away from me - at the end of all his movement, .attak teleports to -BS52 - Persistent Step.
  • Trigger: Free Action - Hero violated Conductive Defense (Aug 1): Conductive Defense vs Reflex (Hero): 1d20+11 25
  • Free: Mark of the Vigilante: Add +1[W] to attack against marked target. 1d10+10 (from above) 16 damage - (11 after DR5)
  • Hero sustains 25 damage after DR from .attak off turn and should drop.
  • Trigger: Opp Action - Mapple hit or missed me - teleport to -BT46 - Persistent Harrier vs AC (Mapple): 1d20+10 24 1d10+5 15 damage
  • Standard: Lodestone Lure vs Will (Mapple): 1d20+10 17 - just hits - for 4 damage
  • Mapple is pulled to -BT47. Might trigger the trap? She can only move to squares adjacent to me until EOMNT.
  • Minor: Battlemind's Demand on Mapple. She's marked again.

pre:
.attak   						 
Power Points: [1/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Mind Spike              [x] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:38

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!

Capo Kappo

Capo could only watch as Hero swooped in to abduct their ninja. He lunged out and swing his blade but he was gone too quickly. He did however, manage to waft a bit of the invigorating smoke from his cooking in Brackish's direction, and while it wasn't nearly as potent as an actual consumable item it was better than nothing.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi rubbed the bridge of his nose when Princess and her entourage made their debut. [Group] "Soooo I'm guessing even if we were fresh that fighting her would be a bad idea."

Capo Kappo

Kappo paused for a moment as the tidal wave of spooky ghouls and ghosts and skellies cascaded out of the locked door. But he wasn't going to let his nerves get to him again. "Oh hey guys, it's the Princess! We're ummm here for the show!" and motions to Lyth and Memento_Mori. "I would've gotten a shirt too, but there was a huge line, and I didn't know if it'd fit over the jacket." he says as he starts backing up, and while the nerves were obvious he did manage to keep the breaking of his voice to a minimum as he tries to stall for time.

Bluff: 1d20+0 = 19!

He meanwhile backpedaled toward the Maiden that was keeping his companion held and once he was near enough he procures a bottle of hot sauce from his pocket. It was an ominous black bottle with a red skull and two chile peppers underneath it in place of crossbones. He acts as fast as he can, applying a few drops of the pepper sauce to the chains. It did the quick, melting through the metal and filling the nearby area with an invigorating spicy scent. Or so the buff icon says.

Instant Reaction: Shield of Devotion on Brackish. Brackish regains 3 HP and I gain +2 power bonus to next attack roll against Hero (if he's alive long enough for that to be relevant)
Move: to -BR60
Standard: Word of Exchange for 10 damage to the chain, breaking it.
Minor: Rune of Mending (Destruction) on Brackish. May spend a healing surge and either shift one square or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT. Myself and all allies within 5 squares gain +2 power bonus to damage rolls UEONT.

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to damage rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 17/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	19	

Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[X] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
			[ ] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Passives:
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Aug 18, 2016 around 23:29

Poultron
May 26, 2006

<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth jumps into the air at the sudden noise, using her tail as a damper on the way down. She turns around to figure out the source of the noise, and her eyes almost immediately light up, hands clasped in front of her. "W...Woah! Look at her!" Her eyes sparkle and her flames dance around her giddily as she listens to Princess's sweet violin licks. Her expression droops a little. "Why haven't I been calling out my move names like that..." She pouts, only to realize the sudden danger the group finds themselves in. "W-well, no time to think about that now! I don't think we're equipped for this yet guys!" She spins around on her tail, dropping down to all fours. The instant she hits the ground, she positively catapaults away, leaving a trail of flame behind her as the dragon-rabbit darts for the exit.

Double Move: Running to -BS51, avoiding the Iron Maiden.

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10

[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame

Ongoing Effects:

Passives:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

Felix Bedford III: Shakes his head disapprovingly over Takamura's AFK: microphones have an off switch for a reason after all. And now the <Princess> has returned home for the evening; worse, she's alerted to our presence! Felix spouts a number of very Cockney slurs that he'd learned from his father which would sound more comical and eccentric than offensive to any would-be listeners. Luckily Felix has the good sense to keep his mic off when he's not using it–unlike Takamura.

[GROUP]: "I think we'd better take down these gankers and make an exit," Felix agrees with Flagelo. "I'm not sure we can beat <Princess>, as much as I'd like to try. Hopefully Sensei comes back in time–" His agreement is cut short when his avatar's attack versus Hero goes horribly wrong, and his HUD begins to flash, alternating between red and blacking-out, warning that his character is now in critical condition.

Brackish_Gaijin "AAAAAAAGH!" Brackish_Gaijin's avatar auto-emotes in response to Hero's initial attack. The sword now withdrawn from his shoulder, Brackish_Gaijin is still in trouble. The Iron Maiden Chain around his neck prevents him from uttering "Help!". drat it all!

Luckily, .attak is on the case, brutally attacking Hero and thereby giving Capo the chance to help Brackish escape the trap. Brackish pauses a moment to take advantage of the opportunities Capo and Nigi Mitama have given him to heal before moving on.

• Move: to BT-57
  • Standard: Spending 2 Healing Surges courtesy of Capo's Rune of Mending (Destruction) and Nigi Mitama's Posumundi: gain +16 HP (Please tell me over OOC whether this move is viable; if not I'll correct it immediately) Using Second Wind in collaboration with Mitama, adding the +3hp courtesy of Capo's Rune of Mending: 9 + 9 + 3 = +21 hp.
  • Persona: Burning a fortune point to use Nigi Mitama's Posumundi ability:

quote:

Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 23/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 4/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10

Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ x ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2016 around 00:45

«14 »