Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«24 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Next Round Saturday Night.)

Flagelo: Moving that rapidly in that direction without regard for path, you are ensnared by two chains from a Maiden! You suffer a Critical Total of 13 Damage! and are Grappled by two chains! Both need to be broken or you can escape from one at a time with Acrobatics/Athletics(as per usual Grapple rules vs DC 20.) (If you had a path in mind... otherwise I have to assume straight line path, especially with base Speed 5.)

: "No way!" He seems utterly shocked and caught off guard by the sudden springing of the trap. "You cheating fucker!" Despite the sudden burst he attempts to draw his blade and fight back... but his form is already flickering static. It wavers and shudders before vanishing entirely. The Shade of Gashadokuro appears for a moment before melting away, a massive shadow of a giant dark skeleton rejoining the mindscape. It seems this was Hero's ill-gotten gains from raiding Princess' place. At least you've denied him!

: "Do you want a treat, like a good dog?" Mapple seems hardly surprised by .attak's actions or even the iron maiden chains attacking her. Her form shimmers and surges with power as her KO'd friends call in.

: "You've got this! Blow him away!" Hero provides an Overseer benefit.

: "We're still with you!" Heart provides an Overseer benefit.

: "Cut him down." Combined with ExeQT's, Mapple is positively surging with buffs!

: "No." All of the buffs vanish and Mapple's form becomes utterly intangible, the shades of minor loot flying away from her Avatar.

: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? THIS FIGHT ISN'T OVER! YOU'RE STILL IN THERE! GET IN THERE! THIS IS A TEAM FIGHT! COMMIT!"

: "Some of us brought good Persona to this fight! I'm not giving him the satisfaction." Mapple's character goes entirely ethereal before vanishing entirely... but without any static. Her last line before a notice comes up is ringed with a sadist's laughter. "Princess will get him in the end."

<Miss> Mapple has Disconnected.

quote:

At any time you may Disconnect from an encounter to avoid losing an equipped Support Persona or finding out what happens if you die without one to defend you... but you forfeit the use of any Persona and Treasure gained recently! Forever! (In this case, the Casque of Tactics and the Personas gained from ExeQT and Heart.)

Disconnecting is a Full Round Action and the ONLY Action in that round if taken! After Disconnecting you can Overseer for the rest of the Encounter and continue speaking with others. You can log back in... but you're locked out of the instance while an encounter is in progress!

(I might change this later but I realized that something had to happen if a DC is forced.)

A victory over [GANK INC.]! But Princess is still approaching from behind, her radical tunes impossible to miss!

You've regained the Reliable Man Buff! (+2 Attack.)

: "Hey, sorry about that... huh, you got 'em? But what's up here... uh, did I miss somethin'?"

: "TAKAMURA! YOU'VE GOT A LOT OF NERVE LEADING A RAID ON MY TURF!" Princess' voice is heavily filtered to have a spooky undead backing but she's undeniably a young schoolgirl... almost a kid, you might think!

: "WOAH WOAH WOAH! GET OUTTA THERE, NOW! YOU'D NEED TWENTY A YOU GUYS TO EVEN STAND A CHANCE!" You can hear furious clicking and keyboard typing! "LEMME SHOW YOU WHAT A GREAT GUY LIKE ME CAN DO!"

Overseer Daily used! You gain Reliable Man's Wisdom (+3 Speed) for the next two turns!

Princess strides forward, effortlessly crossing the mosh pits. In her presence the bloodied thrashers get really god drat hyped and begin scrambling out of the pits, joining the advancing throng! They crowd around Noriko and mosh right into her! One of the Skeletons crashes into her hard for 4 Necrotic Damage! Princess cackles and throws up three sets of horns before bringing them down for a wicked verse against Noriko!

... At the last second, Princess draws her scythe-tar back, nearly averting the attack all together. But then something makes her grimace and she ensnares Noriko with black guitar strings for 13 Psychic Damage! With a ferocious yank she draws her back 2 squares to -BC60!

: "Sorry... you've got good taste, but you're not getting away!" It seems Princess isn't swinging with full gusto at the two of you wearing her shirts! "AND DON'T TRY TO TRICK ME, FAT-STACK! CHEAP-SKATE! TACTLESS! TASTELESS! IDIOT!" With a ferocious swing she wails on her guitar, the strings unraveling from Noriko... a pair of adorable ghosts fade in from nowhere, dancing around the rear of your fleeing group. They occasionally resonate in tune with Princess' instruments! "YOU CAN'T RUN FROM ME!"




(Note that only the Skeletons on row -BF will provoke OAs to Noriko. The others are still in the pits.)

(If you move off the edge of the map to the West I'll factor that into the next update, so no need to wait.)

Wisps: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 15/13/17/17

Royal Boner: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 29/21/23/30
+12 Attack(+8 vs Noriko and Ryuka), +7 Damage
Followers: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12
Attack +4, 4 Necrotic Damage

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
"Oh my God, you are such a jackass meathead." Lyth screeches to a halt, her fiery trail catching up with her. She tilts her head back and quickly lobs a blue-tinged ball of fire into the air, which comes crashing down in the middle of one of the chains, severing it. "You're on your own for the other one. You're making me look bad, you know?" She turns back as though to continue her escape, but pauses. "Hmm... actually, I think there's something I ought to do before we move on." Lyth scurries back towards the hallway the group really ought to be escaping from, coming in just far enough that Princess would be able to see her. The dragon-rabbit lifts herself up on her tail, tilting to one side and lifting her arm in the air. A tendril of flame extends outward from it, and Lyth starts waving back and forth.

Ryuka
"Oi! Princess! Your avatar is super cool! And your mindscape is too! I love the shirt! I think you're really cool! M-Maybe..." She sputters into the microphone, her avatar spewing out some comedically oversized sweatdrops. "Uhh, m-maybe we could be friends on here? Do you RP maybe? We could do that sometime, i-if you want to! I'm sure somebody as cool as you is a great RPer, right!? A-Anyway, gotta go, we're raiding your place, I guess! It wasn't my idea! Thanks for the shirt! Uhh, bye!!" Friend request sent!

<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth drops to all fours off of her tail, starting her rampage towards the exit once more. The trail of fire remains in her wake, leaving just a smolder where she once was, giving Princess barely any time to respond. The dragon-rabbit was still emoting with those sweatdrops constantly as she ran.


Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at one of the chains for 13 Cold damage.
Move (Part 1): Running to -BS56 (5 squares).
Free: Using Diplomacy to request a friend invite from Princess! 1d20+11 = 29!. I sure hope it isn't DC30...
Move (Part 2): Running to -BS50 (6 squares).

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 3/6 (V: 8)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref:	13	Action Points: 1
Speed: 9		Will:	20	Fortune Points: 1
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.
Reliable Man (Takamura) - Lyth has +2 Attack.
Reliable Man's Wisdom (Takamura) - Lyth has +3 Speed.

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:15

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

"Whatever, dummy." Flagelo answers back as she pulls off her chain by yanking her arm, breaking off from the Iron Maiden with a resounding snap. "Looks like the Missy back there is gonna prove that if you snooze you lose. The rest of you, you heard the overseer, get the hell out of here!"

Athletics vs grab: 1d20+13 26
Move: Run to BS-50, avoiding the dang Maiden by standing a safe distance.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 22/40 (0)	        AC:	19	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 5/7 (V: 10)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +3		Ref:	13	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	12	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [x] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [x] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] Stone's Endurance          [x] Wildrunners
                        [x] [x] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry
                                        
Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)
[x]Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Passive: Grants +1 Defense against attacks with the Fear and Illusion keywords
Weakness: None

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

An audible nervous gulp was caught over his mic as Princess calls him out as he keyed up his mic briefly to retort. He thought better of it though; even if they were playing against each other there wasn't any point in bad manners and, more importantly, no sense making himself a bigger target than he already was. No pun intended. "So sensei, how do we get out? Won't she have the doors locked or something?" he asks via group chat.

Capo Kappo

"And Memento, we gotta skedaddle!" he calls to his teammate followed by moving himself down the hallway. He raised his knife up as he neared Flagelo, only for her to break free on her own (with a little help) and move down the hallway. The running was getting easier... pity he couldn't move like this in gym class! Aside from being chased by a wall of death this was much better than being stabbed through the chest and both avatar and player grinned wide.

Move: to -BT51, moving to avoid the iron maidens.
Standard: Second Wind, spending healing surge and gain +2 bonus to all defenses USONT

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	18	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	21	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[X] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[X] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery


Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:13

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III: Uh, I guess Sensei's right: we'd better get out of here. Memento! You need a hearse outta there, or what? Come on!

Hesitation is an infamous killer. It's killed way more warriors than Felix has ever read about–for sure! His new karate club's sensei drills it into him almost daily: "Strike or run! Whatever you choose, choose it; there's no time for deliberation." Decisive action was the requirement, yet Felix found himself wondering how Red Panda Society stuck up for its own. When the time comes, is it all for one or one for all?


Brackish_Gaijin [GROUP]: "Sensei, how do we get out of here?" He pauses to sip Miyuki's Beginner's Mocha while wondering whether he'd have the chance to tell Miyuki of how they'd taken care of her 'Ganker Problem' for her... "No, I mean, how do we all get out of here!?"

Dammit, what did they have to show for their Ganker-removal? A few personae? A bit of loot? It should be more...

"Tell ya what, I'll try talking to her..."

[INSTANCE]: "Hey, Princess! Listen, before you send us to Hell... Well, I guess we're already there, huh... We were going to the Necroforge, and then a friend at the 'forge said they were after some Gankers who'd planned to loot your mindscape, and well, long story short, Takamura-Sensei thought this would be a good time for us to prove ourselves with some PvP, ya know? Anyhow, we got what we came for, and since we helped you out with those Gankers, well, you should probably thank us."

DDW IM Service posted:

Brackish_Gaijin wants to exchange friend info, <Princess>! Accept/Decline?


  • Minor: consuming my last Beginner's Mocha, regaining +6HP and +2 Defenses UEOMNT
  • Standard: Diplomacy with Princess: 1d20+3 19

Felix Bedford III: Begins to recall a profound memory in which his favourite Sensei, the one in Canada he'd earned his blue belt from, introduced him to Sensei Nishiyama, who was visiting the dojo from Japan, before Sensei Nishiyama passed away. Felix was invited to watch Nishiyama's seminar, but since he was not yet 18 he could not participate. Felix was frustrated, but that frustration melted away with Nishiyama-Sensei's response to his question, on what was the most effective maneuver against potential hostiles: "This," Nishiyama-Sensei said as he shook Felix's hand like the gentleman he was, "A hand shaken is a battle you don't have to fight!"

Brackish_Gaijin[Group]: "I hope this helps!"

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 24/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 4/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1/2
Languages: Common, Damaran	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ x ] Summon the Mists
Poisonous Shuriken	[ ] Assassin's Strike		[ ]
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Reliable Man: +2 attack and +3 speed from Takamura as Overseer.
Passives:.
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Two-Weapon Defense - +1 to AC and Reflex while holding a weapon in each hand.
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.


Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2016 around 06:11

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Memento-Mori

"..heh" Mori smirks as the skeletons close in around her. With a sudden puff of smoke, she blinks forward to -BG 60, her corpse shimmering until she's less a zombie and more a ghost.

Immediate Interrupt: Moonstride (trigger: Enemy moves adjacent, become insubstantial (take half damage from everything until the end of my next turn) and shift two squares)
---Shift to -BG 60

(I don't know what this will do for my positioning; I'm just going to assume everything landed for now and just shift my position up two squares. Insubstantial reduced the total damage I took to 8.)


Noriko fires off a macro and a text box appears over Mori's head:
pre:
           <<< >>>
        (u ´Д`) < tough luck! 
        / つ_つ
       .人  Y
       .し'(_)
Intimidate: 1d20+5 16


Popping all the cooldowns on her bar that she can, Mori uses a burst of speed to zip straight through the skeletal throng (Move Action: accurate orb of nimble thought, shift 4 to -BI 60) and continues in a sprint as far as her fatigue bar will carry her. (Move as Standard Run to -BQ 57)

On arrival to her destination square, she seems to fade away even further, falling off targeting interfaces for a moment and becoming rather hard to see - and hit - at a distance. (Minor Action: Thought-Eater armor - concealment vs enemies more than 2 sq away [-2 to hit me])


pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 23/31 (THP: 0)       AC:   18    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 7)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [1]
One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors                        
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      [X] Thought Eater
Prestidigitation    [X] Moonstride                       
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Weakness to Poison
Insubstantial (half damage from all sources)
Concealment vs enemies more than 2 squares away (they take -2 to hit me)
Ran this turn - grant combat advantage, -5 to attack rolls until start of next turn



Mirthless fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2016 around 07:56

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

"Oh what the hell!" Takashi exclaims when Mapple disconnects, "Who even does that!"

---

.attak

.attak's moderately shifted voice announces, "Aww. And I wanted to play. Look me up again when you're tougher."

Sensing more than seeing the oncoming march of the Princess, .attak turns to his allies, sees them not presently trapped and returns to the back to fend off any wisps or skeletons that get closer.

"Keep moving, I'll cover our retreat!"

  • Free: Intimidate (Mapple): 1d20+13 31 - Gotta get a rivalry going.
  • Move to -BS51, avoiding the known trap squares.
  • Readied action: If an enemy gets within 5 squares of me, use Lodestone Lure (Aug 2) vs Will: 1d20+11 23 1d10+4 6 damage - target is pulled to me, and knocked prone. Further, it is marked UEOMT, and unable to move to squares not adjacent to me.


pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 38/46 (THP: 0)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [1/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Infernal Wrath              [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [x] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:42

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Next deadline is Monday Night. This is the last turn that you benefit from Takamura's +3 Speed Buff.)

Flagelo: (Your Run can go significantly further than -BS50, so moved you further/safely ahead.)
Brackish: (I posted about this in OOC but you haven't edited your post, I'll comp you a Move or so, as shown on the map.)

Running from Princess and her approaching mobs you tread carefully down the one safe row between the looming iron maidens. Things seem to be going pretty well and even Noriko snaps to attention and blurs away from the approaching Reaper and her bloody attendants.

: "I told you, you can't run!"

With a wicked wail she strikes two chords on her guitar and the dancing wisps glide towards Noriko, setting up a few squares away from her and each other in a staggered positioning... Princess cackles as she begins to strum up another whirlwind of lashing guitar strings! Ethereal bolts of power explode from her channeling instrument and vanish, reappearing in violent bursts from the dancing ghosts! Noriko is first ripped 2 Squares(-BO58) towards the nearest Wisp, then immediately struck again and dragged another 2 Squares(-BM58) towards the one dancing behind it! Though Critically Blasted(Ignore the 13) for 10 Damage plus the enhanced Critical Value of 26, Noriko's Insubstantial nature halves the disastrous blow to 18 damage... and it is Quartered to 9 in Total! Princess' power is diluted when extended by the Wisps... but as more begin to drift in and manifest, it seems clear that she doesn't mind reeling you in and bleeding you out.

Looming over the spikes and between the wicked skull pillars you can make out the stage just ahead!




And the last set of sinister traps... massive bladed walls in the shape of horizontal guillotines! Living blood endlessly refreshes itself along the blades and every so often the sound of sharpening metal precedes them slamming together! They then slowly retract to reset... the massive devices are at least 20 feet tall and are covering the machinery that powers them(Green Squares, HP: 10, AC/F/R/W: 10/10/10/10.) Entering the Red Squares prompts a 1d20+8 vs Reflex!

(The grey walls block line of sight.)



The great stage itself holds a glorious golden chest! And more importantly... the same exit/entrance Princess used that loops back around to the path you used to enter!

: "That's what we came here for! That's why ya raid scapes! Somebody this strong is gonna give you a massive bone! I mean boon!!"



Wisps: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 15/13/17/17
Speakers: Extend and Multiply the Range of Royal's attacks!
Do NOT OA

Royal Boner: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 29/21/23/30
+12 Attack(+8 vs Noriko and Ryuka), +7 Damage
Followers: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12
Attack +4, 4 Necrotic Damage

---

: "STOP! YOU BASTARDS! YOU CAN'T TAKE WHAT'S IN THERE!" She seems impervious to all these wicked bants, cutting text macros and ice burns...

...
...
...

But she Accepts Ryuka's Friend Request!

quote:

<Princess> Royal Boner [ORDER] *Online*
11th Level Bard, Hierophant
Persona: Granfaloon

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:31

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

"You're drat right about the boons! We ain't leaving here without some loot ( •̀ω•́ )σ." Flagelo answers back at the team. "I'm gonna clear up the way from these things. [Private to Brackish] Ninja Ned, you should be disabling the mechanisms on those things." With that taken care of, the Slayer takes aim at one of the wisps ahead, jumping in a quick flash to cover terrain as she tries to cleave it in twain with a single horizontal slash!

Move: Run to BR-36.
Standard: MBA against the wisp! Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+12 31 1d10+16 19 damage!

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 22/40 (0)	        AC:	19	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 5/7 (V: 10)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +3		Ref:	13	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	12	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [x] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[x] Sohei Flurry	       [x] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [x] Stone's Endurance          [x] Wildrunners
                        [x] [x] Power Strike
                        [ ] Sohei Parry
                                        
Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant

Support Persona
Kishi No Neko (Justice)
[x]Thrust (vs AC. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Physical Damage to one target.)
Passive: Grants +1 Defense against attacks with the Fear and Illusion keywords
Weakness: None

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Move: to -BS42, moving wide to avoid the iron maiden
Standard: Charge to -BS36, MBA vs wisp's AC: 21 for 8 damage.

Rune of Destruction state: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	19	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[X] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[X] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack, +3 speed
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:03

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth continues her frantic scampering westward, tilting her head upwards as she approaches the pair of wisps. "Persona!" She calls out, Kobold bursting to life above her, thrusting out its staff as Lyth takes a sharp intake of breath. With a CRACK!, both Lyth's blue-flame orb and Kobold's meteor sail towards the wisp, the latter sailing straight through and crashing into the wall behind the ethereal creature. "W-Woah, she actually accepted my friend request!" She says, without stopping. "She really is strong, guys, if we wanna thief her stuff you gotta pick up the pace!"

Move: Moving to -BR41
Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at the wisp on BP34. 1d20+9 = 28! HIT! for 13 Frost damage. The Wisp is pushed 1 square to the left.
Persona! Casting Agi at the wisp on BP34. 1d20+7 = 16. MISS!

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 3/6 (V: 8)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref:	13	Action Points: 1
Speed: 9		Will:	20	Fortune Points: 0
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.
Reliable Man (Takamura) - Lyth has +2 Attack.
Reliable Man's Wisdom (Takamura) - Lyth has +3 Speed.

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:14

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



.attak

"Well alright then."

.attak rushes forward, getting right up in the advancing Wisp's faces(?)... daggers sail masterfully into them.,"Come on little hermit girl, get them!" he proclaims, but she doesn't answer his call, and his attack misses entirely.



pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 38/46 (THP: 0)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 13/13 (V: 10)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [1/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Infernal Wrath              [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [x] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:42

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Memento-Mori

As her insubstantial buff begins to fade, Mori does her best to high-tail it outta there! "Can anyone heal? I'm hurting."

Move: to -BR 51 (provoking AOO, still take half damage until end of my turn, hopefully it misses or doesn't kill me D:)
Move (as Standard): to -BQ 43

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 14/31 (THP: 0)       AC:   18    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 7)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [1]
One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors                        
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      [X] Thought Eater
Prestidigitation    [X] Moonstride                       
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Weakness to Poison

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin: [Private: Flagelo]: "I'm on it", [GROUP]: "Hold off those wisps while I take care of those traps!" Brackish_Gaijin says as he runs full-tilt towards the horizontal guillotines.

  • Move + Standard + Buff: Running to BQ-37

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 24/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 4/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1/2
Languages: Common, Damaran	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ x ] Summon the Mists
Poisonous Shuriken	[ ] Assassin's Strike		[ ]
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Takamura as Overseer. Takamura's +3 to Speed Buff
Passives:.
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Two-Weapon Defense - +1 to AC and Reflex while holding a weapon in each hand.
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.


Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Next update Thursday Night.)

Reliable Man's Wisdom Fades!

: "GET BACK HERE, YOU POSER TWATS!!!" Princess soars forward, Running in a Double Move to cover lost ground. Although this leaves her no Actions to attack with the Wisps begin to echo her sentiments, a particularly harsh exploding chord ringing in .attak's ears for a Halved 13 Psychic Damage. The cruel mocking tone inflicts -4 Attack UEONT(Princess) upon him! (This is the Marked Wisp at -BP32 hitting .attak.)

Flagelo and Capo's assault destroys the Wisp they targeted! Lyth's blast sends the other wisp drifting backwards and beginning to thin... but still intact! (Wisps use Minion rules for HP and die to any two instances of damage.)




Entering Red Square triggers 1d20+8 attack vs Reflex.
Green Squares are HP 10, AC/F/R/W 10/10/10/10.
Gray Walls block LoS.

Wisps: HP: 1/1 + 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 15/13/17/17
-BP33: HP: 1/1 + 0/1, Marked(.attak)
Minion Rules, Die in Any 2 Hits
Speakers: Extend and Multiply the Range of Royal's attacks!
Do NOT OA

Royal Boner: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 29/21/23/30
+12 Attack(+8 vs Noriko and Ryuka), +7 Damage
Followers: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12
Attack +4, 4 Necrotic Damage

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:32

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



.attak

The wisps echo annoys .attak just enough for him to pay it a bit of attention. Molten shards spray out of his back, blasting the little creature.

"Some Princess! A true beauty wouldn't attack through proxies! Come get me, if you're brave enough!"

Striding back towards her, .attak radiates a warm glow, temporarily easing the wounds of his allies.

  • Free: Intimidate: 1d20+13 22
  • Free: Infernal Wrath - triggering wisp dies (not bothering to roll 1d6+4).
  • Move: to -BQ38.
  • Standard: Inspiring Fortitude - .attak second winds, all allies gain 15 THP.

pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 36/46 (THP: 15)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 11/13 (V: 10)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [0/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [x] Infernal Wrath              [x] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [x] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:43

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin: [Group]: "Keep 'em busy!", the ninja says to no one in particular as he turns his back to rush at the blades. .attak engages the princess! "[GROUP]: .attak gets it!"He stops short of the blades a heartbeat or so to time its movement.

[Group]: See, it's just a matter of finesse...


EDIT: If this maneuvre succeeds, I will continue my movement and then attack for my turn. I hope that's acceptable

pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 24/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 4/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1/2
Languages: Common, Damaran	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ x ] Summon the Mists
Poisonous Shuriken	[ ] Assassin's Strike		[ ]
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Takamura as Overseer.
Passives:.
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Two-Weapon Defense - +1 to AC and Reflex while holding a weapon in each hand.
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.


Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Aug 24, 2016 around 22:25

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth scampers through the barely-disabled obstacle right as it shuts down, dashing towards the second! She leaps into the air, spitting a ball of blue-tinged fire at the wisp behind her, twisting around to land back on all fours to continue forward.


Move: Running to -BL35.
Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at the Wisp at -BP33. 1d20+9 = 24. HIT!

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32+15		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 3/6 (V: 8)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref:	13	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Fortune Points: 0
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.
Reliable Man (Takamura) - Lyth has +2 Attack.

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:15

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo's shoulders slumped as Memento asked about healing. "Sorry, I don't have any food left. I'm even out of the basic elements of food." having used up even the last of the tarragon and soy sauce he had when facing the devious gankers. He continued down the hallway as their ninja made swift work of the first trap, keeping his wicked chef's knife at the ready.

Move: to -BM35
Ready Action: Using Word of Exchange (Destruction) if any enemy comes up in my melee range.

Rune of Destruction state: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 25/34		AC:	20	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 5/8 (V: 8)	For:	18	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	16	Action Points: 0
Speed: 6		Will:	19	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[X][X] Rune of Mending		[X] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[X] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[X] Second Wind			[X] Shield of Protection
			[X] Executioner's Call
			[ ] Words of Bravery

Ongoing:
Reliable Man: +2 attack
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:03

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Next Round is Saturday Night.) (As resolved in the OOC thread, Brackish destroys the first machine after successfully evading its attack.)

Princess moves 30 feet forward and then unleashes a wicked Allegro, sliding herself and most of her army another 2 Squares forward as a Minor. She sneers as she glides into range of .attak, her wisps dancing around the idle Memento.

: "Do these stupid disses really work on other people? How pathetic." She glares at the molten hound as her massive proxies lumber up behind her, giant skeletons encased in thick iron frames. Each step they take shakes the ground at at in an almost comical exaggeration... but based on their size and level readings they're no joke, Boss Level grunts that match their master.

: "You get the full show, doggy! Princess is a wonderful Support player, isn't she?!" The attending skeletons and wisps all twirl and cheer when prompted!

A frenzy of dings go off in .attak's "monitor." Streaming hasn't been easy and despite natural charisma your viewer count has usually hovered around 5, split between friends and random watchers wanting to see the rough, unedited DDW gameplay. A bit humbling, to say the least. It is then with a sudden bit of joy you realize your viewer count has spiked to 37!

quote:

<Fangirl> Not_Yours: Are these guys stupid? What a lousy suicide!
<Fanboy> Working_Man: But he's got guts to tank that aggro!
Dankman: Ah, to be brand new again... :kappa:
Yumi-chan: ganbare, .attak!
Ataraxia: Keep it up, hound!
Biggest_Guy: he's done for, princess is 2 swole :4u:
Dankman: Coolest avatar for sure

The chat then floods with :doge: emoticons...

.attak: Through it all one prompt furiously repeats itself... Accept Friend Request from <Sir> Heart?

: "TAKE THIS!" Drawing her scythetar up at the same time as she prepares to strike a new note on the violin, Princess executes both actions simultaneously and ignites both sets of strings, unleashing a wicked X-Slash of flames upon .attak! It barely bores into his defenses... a ferocious blast of 16 Fire Damage and an Encounter Effect befalls .attak! Take an additional +6 Fire Damage whenever an Enemy hits you!

A flood of marshmallow and hot dog emotes joins the flood of doge emotes in .attak's streamer chat.

Princess' wisps drift forward and blast Memento in unison! She suffers a Halved 6 Psychic Damage and -4 Attack UEONT(Princess)!

: "Keep it together, man! OK, listen up! This is a three tank set up so yer gonna die real fast if ya stick around too long... the big guys stack a mark and it's the same mark fer each! Really, ya oughta just clear out! At yer best ya got about 2 rounds here!"




Entering Red Square triggers 1d20+8 attack vs Reflex.
Green Squares are HP 10, AC/F/R/W 10/10/10/10.
Gray Walls block LoS.

Wisps: HP: 1/1 + 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 15/13/17/17
-BP33: HP: 1/1 + 0/1, Marked(.attak)
Minion Rules, Die in Any 2 Hits
Speakers: Extend and Multiply the Range of Royal's attacks!
Do NOT OA

Royal Boner: HP: ??? AC/F/R/W: 29/21/23/30
+12 Attack(+8 vs Noriko and Ryuka), +7 Damage
[X] Allegro [X] Rhyme of Fire
Followers: HP: 1/1 AC/F/R/W: 12/12/12/12
Attack +4, 4 Necrotic Damage

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:33

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Memento-Mori

Doing her best to stay with the group despite an apparent lag spike, Mori double moves to -BK 34


pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 8/31 (THP: 0)       AC:   18    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 7)       For:  14    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [1]
One with Shadow     [X] Templar's Fist              [X] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors                        
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      [X] Thought Eater
Prestidigitation    [X] Moonstride                       
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [X] Orb of Nimble Thought
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Weakness to Poison

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Furiously working between the stream controls and the game, Takashi puts up a banner above his stream:



Takashi types out a few quick replies, but nothing more than an "lol" or an emote. He's entirely too focused on the game.

He accepts <Sir> Heart's friend request.

---

.attak

"Using fire against a Hell Hound? That's not how elemental magic works. Maybe I should take you under my wing, show you how its done."

Taking a brief step forward, he tosses a dagger underhanded. It doesn't strike the Princess hard, but it goads her nonetheless.

.attak backs up quickly, but not hurriedly, getting as far as his lumbering form will carry him.

  • Free: Diplomacy (Friend Request, Princess): 1d20+5 20
  • Standard: Ranged basic vs. AC (Princess) - it'll miss, but I made an attack, so she's still marked UEOMNT.
  • Move to -BM35
  • .attak only took 10 damage from her attack due to DR. Her encounter long debuff also is completely absorbed by DR.


pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 36/46 (THP: 5)       AC:   21    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 11/13 (V: 10)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 19    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [0/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [x] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [x] Infernal Wrath              [x] Inspiring Fortitude
Mind Spike              [x] Mark of the Vigilante
Conductive Defense
Twisted Eye
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Molten: DR6 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:45

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin

With .attak's show of valour at his back, and Takamura's urging them into a new sense of urgency, Brackish_Gaijin summersaults underneath the blade as it begins retracting for another deadly slice. With his kusari-gama, he first bashes the trap mechanism with the weighted end, and shifts in close with the sickle end of his weapon to sever some wires and hydraulic tubes forced out of the mechanism by his first attack. The guillotine grinds to a halt just before it is fully retracted.

[GROUP]: Let's get that treasure!




pre:
Brackish_Gaijin   						 
HP: 26/32		AC:	16	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 4/7 (V: 8)	For:	13	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +6		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will:	15	Fortune Points: 1/2
Languages: Common, Damaran	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Ninja-to Rush		[ ] Heroic Effort		[ x ] Summon the Mists
Poisonous Shuriken	[ ] Assassin's Strike		[ ]
Whirling Kusari-gama	[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 
			[ ] 

Ongoing
Reliable Man: +2 attack from Takamura as Overseer.
Passives:.
Attack Finesse (Executioner) - 1/turn, deal 1d8/2d8/3d8 (by tier) extra dmg with a weapon attack using a one-handed weapon, garrote, blowgun, or shortbow.
Quick Swap (Executioner) - 1/turn, Brackish_Gaijin can draw or stow a weapon as a free action, and then draw another weapon.
Way of the Ninja - Gain at-will powers; gain proficiency with shuriken and kusari-gama and assassin class features apply to these weapons.
Death Attack - An enemy Brackish_Gaijin hits and damages with a melee/ranged attack is left with 10 HP or fewer: may automatically reduce to 0 HP.
Bow Expertise - When using a bow, +1/2/3 (by tier) to attack, +1/2/3 (by tier) damage to one creature that isn't adjacent to other creatures.
Stubborn Survivor - +2 to saving throws when you have no Action Points remaining
Two-Weapon Defense - +1 to AC and Reflex while holding a weapon in each hand.
Venom Hand Assassin – After short or extended rest, weapon deals 1d8 extra poison damage on next successful attack.

Support Personnel
Nigi Mitama (Temperance)
[ ] Garu (vs. Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Thunder Damage to one target).
[ ] Posumundi (Range 5. Grants Saving Throw with +1 Bonus against Poison or Physical Ongoing).
Passive: +1 Healing Surge Value.
Weakness: Lightning.


Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Aug 26, 2016 around 15:56

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Plutonis posted:

Tsukiyo

"What's with the ISP?" Tsukiyo says as she slams her modem with her palm. "drat thing keeps lagging out."

Flagelo

After quickly reassessing her new situation, Tsukiyo is quite exasperated with the party's current prediction. "[Group] Path is clear, everyone, we gotta vamoose!" She says while bursting south as soon as Bracky clears the way out of traps. "...There is a way outside from the treasure room, right?"

Doublerun to -BF 38.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Oblivious to her party's complaints, Lyth continues her mad dash towards the treasure, now just barely out of her reach. She ducks underneath the slashing blades the instant Brackish manages to disable them, streaking past him and managing to scamper up onto the stage! "So close now! I sure hope nothing bad happens at the last possible second!"

Move: Running twice to -BB50 or thereabouts, hard to count with no grid.

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 21/32+15		AC:	17	Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 3/6 (V: 8)	For:	16	Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +1		Ref:	13	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	Fortune Points: 0
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[X] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Dragon Breath
			[ ] Tempest Breath
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.
Reliable Man (Takamura) - Lyth has +2 Attack.

Passives:
Kobold, the Magician - Lyth has +1 History, and Weakness: Cold. Agi: +7 VS Reflex. Range 5. 1d6+1 Fire damage to one target.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:15

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



(Phoneposting just to get my move in, double-running as far as I can toward the chest. Hard to count spaces on this screen)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Combat is over, follow-up posts coming shortly.)

quote:

<Sir> Heart [Gank Inc.] *Online*
5th Level Warden, Tower
Persona: Pixie

: The filtered ancient old man's voice returns, familiar yet friendly. "Sir Ah-Tack! You rightfully bested me as a proper Defender... and now you stand in noble defense of your party! Let me help you!" Sir Heart immediately begins Overseering through a Recently Played function.

.Attak gains Bastion, granting +1 AC/Fortitude!

.attak: You feel that for some reason, you can't quite get Princess' attention. Maybe you're not a true fan... for the moment it seems futile to try to bond with her.

Brackish: (You don't need to roll Fort/Ref/Will against anything, they're just static numbers you have. I'll use that good roll you made for your Acrobatics... though the Guillotine rolled high too.) You suffer Your Bloodied Value(16!) in damage as the guillotine blade crashes into you from the side! The impact sends you flying the rest of the way through, coated in your own blood!

Everybody is able to run for the stage as .attak holds up Princess! You excitedly fumble over the intricate locks of the dazzling gold-white ur-chest and it suddenly pops open, showering you in...

ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-



-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERROR-ERR-

Everyone: A screaming skull assails your senses as your add-ons and UIs go bananas. Random pixel tears remind you of the lurking terror of a video card about to die and bits of static bleed in and out of the terrain all around you. Despite all of this your connection to the game remains stable, Princess and her Guards screaming in the distance as they rush .attak, your inventories registering that you have received exemplary loot from raiding the Mindscape's core. The chest itself rumbles as it bleeds out a perpetual waterfall of static-infused energy in all directions. Stream chat explodes with cries of SUPER RARE DISCOVERIES!!!

...

Eventually it all fades. The Mindscape is stable, you never DCed and you're still being chased by Princess. You've received Seven Tokens for the Wailing Princess' Heavy Metal Decorum. One is automatically registered to Takamura and the other six are divided and tagged to the rest of you. Everyone but .attak is free to flee back to the earlier hub!



These are incredible loot tokens that offer a choice. You'll just need a safe moment to use them!

---

: Princess screams in fury. "You've really done it now! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

: "STAND STRONG!"

Heart uses Valiant Defender, granting .attak a two-round buff! Choose one attack per round and force the enemy to roll it twice, using the lesser result!

Starting with .attak at -BM35:

Round 1: With a sickening pair of crashes the dormant guillotine blades are destroyed by the approach of the Giant Skeletons. Looming over head, their exaggerated frames seeming to double in absurdity at close range, the Iron-Framed Skeletons and Princess strike together, massive fists crashing into the ground around .attack! Princess' wicked chord strikes him head-on, a biting Psychic Blast for 10 Damage that inflicts the -4 Attack UEONT Debuff!

quote:

Mortify: DR reduces Ranged Attack to 8, Force a Reroll.

Doom: Princess still Hits.

Mortify: Living Fortress vs AC: 1d20+6 26 3d10+5 21
crit: 1d6 6 Total: 36 Damage

.Attak gains Cover(+2 Defense against all Attacks for Encounter.)

Mortify: And my other action is to retreat my full 5 move. The skeletons are at -4 to attack me (-2 from buff, -2 from my standard OA protection)
I'll also mark them as my minor. Because that's how I do

Doom: Skeleton OA misses due to debuffs.

Round 2: (.Attak starting at -BH36) Upon taking such a powerful hit, the left Giant Skeleton drops to one knee as its torso caves in. Only the frame keeps it from collapsing entirely! The sole remaining Giant and Princess attack(Ignore one Skeleton Roll here), this time Princess' strings being lost in the massive crash of the Iron-Frames smashing .attak! The blow inflicts 7 Physical Damage and applies a Stacking Debuff for -2 DR and -1 AC! Sir Heart's defense and .attak's buffs prevent the blow! It seems Princess unleashed a terrifyingly powerful chord that produces a lingering AoE zone that attempts to slow... but missing it gives .attak a chance to backstep and evade it entirely!

quote:

Mortify: Okay, yeah, since I've got such a high protection against OAs, I'm just going to bolt. Max double move

Doom: Skeleton OA misses thanks to Heart's boost!

Doom: You're clear to reach the Southern Curtain Exit.

---

: "GET BACK HERE YOU PIECE OF poo poo!!!"

Stream chat explodes in molten-plated corgi emoticons as .attak actually evades the attacks of an encounter designed for a dozen people twice his level... the looming shadow of Princess' Granfaloon is lost in the haze as .attak gets too far for it to strike! Like the rest of the group he reaches the entrance hallway they used and passes through a sheet of thick fog...

---

(Continued!)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:36

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Everyone: .Attak rejoins you, miraculously in one piece!

: "HOLY poo poo! Go go go! RUN! YOU HAVE TO GET OUT OF TH' MINDSCAPE BEFORE SHE OFFS YOU!" As everyone zones into the same area the fog diving the two dissolves, revealing Princess and her entire entourage in hot pursuit.



Dead ahead you can see the elegant samurai girl still meditating, still producing a magnificent beaming aura as she maintains her vigil. She did warn you about the Gankers around here earlier...



: "Oh my... Were you looking for some help?" She sounds a bit deadpan but the serious glint in her eyes and the robotic thumb propping up the hilt of her sword to show an inch of steel are all too serious.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:37

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Gritting his teeth, Takashi prepares for what may be a fatal encounter. For the stream he replies to a few more people, staying self-assured.

---

.attak

And the Princess does not disappoint. Her psychic blow sends him back a few paces, her brutes closing with .attak.

With a sound like metal screeching on metal, .attak's armor begins to open up at all seams. Overlapping metal blast-plates slam into place, reinforcing his armor, forcing him to hunch over, turning him into a giant wardog of obsidian and magma. With a howl, .attak launches himself into the nearest skeleton brutally, breaking his ribs with the weight of the charge. Using the momentum, .attak rebounds backwards towards the last guillotine enclosure.

.attak begins barking frantically at the skeletons. The Princess and her remaining guard wildly try to strike the galloping dog but, his confidence high, he bolts, evading another swing.

pre:
[Whisper to <Sir>Heart]: Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the assist! Tanks 4 Lyfe.
Joining his friends in the hallway, .attak barely slows as he heads towards the schoolgirl samurai, not the least hostile.

.attak barks happily at her, and her suggestion.

--

Takashi

Takashi saves the new molten corgi emoticon to his channel, adding it to the permanent list for his stream.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:49

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Noriko shuffles in her seat, feeling a little embarrassed for her poor performance. Nevertheless, she gladly accepts the phatz.

Memento-Mori

Moving out of combat range as fast as she can with the group, Mori quickly sets about bandaging the sizable wounds her corpse had accrued.

pre:
HP 29/31 -- Surges: 3/6


"we brought the whole zone. you'd have to be pretty cool..."

Diplomacy: 1d20+11 31

Mori casually sends a friend invite to Miyuki.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth slams into the treasure chest at full speed, bouncing up and away from the chest as her screen begins to tear itself apart.

Ryuka
"Oh come on, I just bought this stupid card! Or maybe it's part of the game? It has to be part of the game, right? I mean, after all, this is THE top of the line..." She keeps going on for a bit about this, but luckily her mic is muted for once.

<Fangirl> Lyth
Still spinning around in the air, Lyth finally comes to a landing on all fours as the effects finally dissipate, and she takes off once again towards the Very Cool Lady they met earlier. "O-Of course she's cool, can't you see her insanely cool sword! I bet she got it from a really huge skeleton or something!" She screeches around the corner, continuing off towards where the party entered. "I m-mean, she can't be that cool, she probably isn't as powerful or strong as I am, h-heh..."

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:15

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo stepped forward once out of the treasure room, looking around briefly to get his bearings. "We didn't die? I'm not complaining but I definitely wasn't expecting that." he says softly to his groupmates, then takes a deep breath as the rest of his group spoke with Miyuki. His way with words hadn't exactly calmed Princess down and he doubted this time would be much better.

Using a healing surge, up to 33/34hp

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:03

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Plutonis posted:

Tsukiyo

Well, that was... Challenging to say the least. Yet credit is where credit is due, and Tsukiyo quickly opens a private chat message to one of her team-mates. "[Private: To .attak]GJ. Won't mind having you on the party during other raids."

Flagelo

"And are you going to help? Or are you going to be in the way? You are halfway towards assuming a battle stance from what I can see, and you are strong enough to take either of us with a single stroke.Perhaps not me, but the others definitely." Flagelo answers back at the katana-wielding girl while walking forward, her sword in hand also ready to strike at any sign of hostility. "We can't waste any more time here, though. If you want to challenge me or any of the others, do so later."

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin: "Hey, we got LOOT!" Then Takamura warns the group to leave: "Wait, so where's the Princess-free safe zone and team post-raid hugbox? I think that might be a job well done, if I do say so myself; and I do."

(Brackish spends a healing surge to recover from the guillotine trap)

They approach the elegant samurai girl, who once again captures Bracky's full attention. Maybe it's a fault in Bracky's understanding of the Japanese language, but he's not quite sure what to make of her comment on... needing help? Something...

Felix Bedford III: "Must be near bed time," he says to himself with a stretch and a yawn, sipping the last of his water on his scratched-up, second-hand desk.

Brackish_Gaijin
[INSTANCE]: "Oh! Hey there. Um... we sorted your Ganker problem for you!"
[To Miyuki]: Hey, thanks again for the coffees. They came in real handy

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Despite the casual mood and the break in the tense combat, a grave seriousness hangs in the air. Miyuki gives Flagelo a curt shake of the head and steps forward, nodding politely to the others.

: "I'm here to help." Before you can get too saucy, Miyuki extends Friend Requests to all of you. "It is my way to stand against the corrupt and powerful, to assist the oppressed. This is Justice." She draws her blade in one hand and stands before the oncoming zombiepocalypse at the front of your group.

: Princess stops before you all, her Guardians towering over her and casting looming shadows over everyone. "Hey, why make powerful enemies? If you all DC right now and take your ill-gotten goods out of the loot table, I'll forgive you! Maybe you can even start apping to a real guild!"

: "No can do, cupcake." With a static shimmer and a radiant red aura, Takamura manifests as the excitable manlet of manly stature that you saw earlier, his Overseer benefits fading as he joins the session. "These guys just passed my test with flyin' colors and are Pandas through n' through!" You all receive a batch of friend requests and guild invites to [Ailuridae]!

quote:

Miyuki *Online*
9th Level Fighter, Strength
Persona: Golem

<The Great> Takamura [Ailuridae] *Online*
8th Level Monk, Chariot
Persona: Ares

Miyuki and Takamura take positions ahead of your group, filling in as sudden replacements! Fresh front line fights! The silhouettes of amazing Personas materialize with them, outlines of an intense stone soldier and a Greek God of War. Princess' face looks impossibly pissed...

: "You're loving with something you're not ready for." Her Guardians stride forward, matching the confident positioning of your Senpai. Princess draws two fingers along her scythetar's string hard enough to draw blood, a wicked chord slowly rising above the absolute silence and tension between words. The ground craters to either side of her as another two identical Guardians begin to climb out. "YOU THINK YOU'RE READY FOR THIS PULL? WHEN BISHOP GETS HERE HE'LL BE LUCKY IF I LEAVE ANY BONES TO EAT." She draws her instruments up and her Guardians prepare to charge... !

"YOUNG LADY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE?!" Something muffled and distant screams across Princess' voice channel!

: "M-MOM! I WAS JUST.."

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LATE IT IS?! YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW! YOU'RE SIGNING OUT, NOW!"

: "W-WAIT A SECO-"

<Princess> Royal Boner has Disconnected. Host of a Critical Battle has Faded.

... and like that, you've won! Takamura swings back around and hops up, grabbing Brackish and .attak's heads in a friendly hanging hug, feet a foot clean off the ground.

: "YEAH! YEAH-HEAH-HEAH-HEAH-HEAH! WE DID IT! FRIGGIN' TRY HARDS AIN'T THAT TOUGH!" He hops down and gives everybody a macho pat on the back, strutting around at maximum peacock. "Oh, you guys are somethin' else! I love natural gamers! Yer in! I'll introduce ya ta everybody else tomorrow..." Accepting the guild invite to [Ailuridae] has given you a guild roster with a half-dozen odd names of low-to-mid-level. "But fer now, I think that old lady's right... time ta hit th' hay!" He pops out again and soon logs, only hanging around long enough for goodbye tells and what not.

: "It was a pleasure to meet you all. I hope you'll help keep the game fun for people who end up in your same situation. One good turn and all that, hmmm?" She quietly logs out, her Avatar briefly resuming the meditating pose before vanishing in a flash of static.

---

You've reached Level 5! Greater Understanding illuminates the way... but all lights casts a shadow.

(As an aside, if anybody wants to reroll their class, this is your chance. We are a tiny bit Striker heavy with a 3/1/1/1 spread.)

Loot(Pick ONE) posted:

A Reminder that you can Hide Appearances!

Controller/Leader Only: Mask of the Dancing Sprite

An elegant white porcelain mask depicting perfect joy.

Head Slot
Daily(Free Action): Creates a 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Wisp within Range 3. The Wisp has Fly 5 and will use one of your At Will Powers once per turn as Physical Damage. Wisp Powers always deal Half Damage before being applied to DR/Insubstantial/Etc. Wisps always have AC/F/R/W 10 + 1/2 your Level. Wisps have no MBAs or functions beyond echoing this attack and use your Attack/Damage and other stats in most cases.

Striker Only: Mask of the Cackling Imp

A fiendish black ivory mask depicting malicious intent.

Head Slot
Daily(Free Action): Creates a 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Imp within Range 3. The Imp has Speed 6 and can perform MBAs and OAs matching your Attack and 1d4 + Your Ability Modifier as Physical Damage. Imps provide Flanking benefits. Imp Attacks always deal Half Damage before being applied to DR/Insubstantial/Etc. Imps always have AC/F/R/W 10 + 1/2 your Level.

Defender Only: Mask of the Towering Guardian

An intimidating iron-framed skull depicting a stern countenance.

Head Slot
Daily(Free Action): Creates a 1/1 + 1/1 Minion Iron Maiden within Range 3. The Maiden cannot move. The Maiden can perform OAs matching your Attack and 1d4 + Your Ability Modifier as Physical Damage. The Maiden's OAs apply Slow(UEONT) and spread your Mark as though you had spread it. The Maiden always has AC/F/R/W 12 + 1/2 your Level.

All: Mask of the Guilty Corpse

A somber red mask depicting a bloody skull, cracked and frayed.

Head Slot
Passive: Choose a Skill Focus Feat and gain it while wearing the Mask.
Daily(Free Action): Summons a 1/1 Minion Skeleton within Range 3. The Skeleton has Speed 4 and cannot fight. If summoned in Combat the Skeleton will activate your Second Wind for you. If summoned outside of Combat the Skeleton is a mundane servant.

---

(You may swap Support Personas, particularly if you lost one earlier! Don't forget that you recruited others earlier as well. Everybody should state what they have equipped in their next post even if they don't swap.)

Persona posted:


Ifrit (Strength)
Efreets (better known as Ifrits) are powerful spirits that embody fire. They generally consider themselves superior to all other races because of their age and deeply resent that humans have found a way to mystically control them. When summoned, they will do the bidding of their master but will often try to twist their wishes to do harm to others.
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold


Orthrus (Hanged Man)
In Greek mythology, Orthrus was a two-headed dog and one of the many monsters sired by Typhon and Echidna, among his siblings were Cerberus, Sphinx, and Chimera.
Agi (vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Fire Damage to one target.)
Getsu-ei (vs AC. Melee. Deals 2d4+1 Physical Damage to one target. Damage Doubled during Full Moon.)
Passive: All Fire Damage that hits a Weakness deals +30% damage(in place of the usual 20%)
Weakness: Poison

---

(Continued)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 22:17

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


It is late! If you don't turn in right away you'll be a wreck for the first day of school! As you disconnect and power down your PCs, put away headsets and finish off snacks, use the restrooms and crawl into warm inviting beds... you could swear that you see a few bits of static bleed in and out of the shadows cast in your darkened room. But you did just spend a few hours staring into such intense realistic VR. Your vision quickly remedies itself and you drift off to sleep thinking that you can't make a habit of gaming to the last minute lest you lose a proper sleep schedule.

---

Each of you independently has the same dream, hovering in the atmosphere of the Earth, dreaming of soaring through the stratosphere on sheer willpower alone. Something below catches your attention, sheer feelings and energy pulling you back down to the surface. You elegantly glide down to the familiar outline of the isle of Japan, soaring down, accelerating with reckless abandon and phasing clean through a mountain-top! Instantaneously you pass through solid stone and appear with a shimmer above an ancient pitch black cavern illuminated only by a ghostly blue light struggling to get around a massive boulder. The giant boulder is wedged into an archway of stone, the materials all so old they look like petrified fossils.

Curious, you can't help but be drawn to the boulder... it can't stop you, can it? You drift through it and experience a chilling sensation as you gaze upon a land of endless night and beautiful spirits. In the distance, no matter how far, you can cleanly make out the details of one spirit of unspeakable beauty, her back turned to you, ankle-length long black hair obscuring everything about her.

Your presence sparks some recognition. You are worthy of her attention. Time begins to break as she slowly turns to look. at. you.

Something grabs you. For each of you it's different. A pink-furred and scaled paw. A molten claw covered in black armor. A giant comical glove. A ninja's black fingerless grip. A Human hand belonging to an idealized reflection. A still-born frame, cold and dead, belonging to a beauty. Before you and the spirit can witness one another you're pulled to face your Avatar, floating nearby like a guardian spirit, making itself known... its presence provides a warmth that overcomes the chills you never noticed building up until you were nearly numb.

"I am thou... Thou art I. From the perfect self, I arise. From the sea of thy soul, I reflect thee. I will always watch over you."

The chills are overwhelming and you feel a shock like falling into water as the warmth is pushed out of you. In the blink of an eye strands of black hair are clawing at your field of vision and it has seen you. Your Avatar, your Persona covers your eyes and cradles you, drifting away from this place....

---

April 6th


Alarms are ringing! It's time to wake up!

Noriko: You rise to the cold room that you always rise to, everything still and calm. In the distance a cat interrupts your post-dream thoughts with a low yowl. It's time to get up and venture back into the outside world... multiple times a week, in fact. You've no choice but to get ready for school, your outfit and supplies set out with tender care by your mother, Rei.

: "Have a wonderful day, dear." Her smile reminds you of a distant warmth you can't remember.

The path you take from your distant part of town towards the Academy passes by an odd scene. Four very young children are kicking dirt over something on the side of an unused park road... and that something occasionally yelps and tries to kick back. Maybe you shouldn't bother...? It's not your business.

Takashi: You rise with perfect precision to the Household in a state of controlled chaos. Men on important business come and go in the halls and dozens of cups of coffee, tea and everything inbetween are being bandied about as hasty words are traded. You briefly catch sight of your Uncle but he's clearly in the middle of an important meeting. Your cousin Kouta catches you preparing immaculately amidst the chaos.

: "Good morning, Takashi. You'll have to head on alone, the family's up in arms over some business that went down last night. All hands on deck..." Suddenly your Aunt and one of your cousins interrupts, your kindly aunt Hanamako guiding a middle-school age girl in uniform down the hall without a care in the world for all the hustle and bustle.

: "Kouta, Father is asking for you!" He heads off as Auntie beams at you, pausing to help adjust the fit of your collar. "Takashi, things are out of hand around here. I'd like you to walk Izumi to her new school, just this once. I'd feel much better knowing you were taking care of her."

: One of four siblings and the oldest of three sisters, 12 year old Izumi fidgets nervously with her hands and looks away. "Mom, please! I'll be fine! I don't wanna bother Takashi..."

You'll be a little late to the first day of school yourself... will you help out, big brother?

Tatsumi: You stand no chance of sleeping in as Granny Tsuroko throws open your door, fearlessly strides in and draws open the shades on your window, flooding your room with horrible sunlight! She hums merrily as she circles your room, tidying things up and gathering forgotten laundry. With one final "Hrmmm" she destroys your final defense as she seizes the quilt covering you.

: "Tatsumi, you should arrive early and get a good reputation with the staff! My, I always loved a boy who would clean!"

Your one solace is that Granny has prepared a small feast for your first day. She is always saying that you're growing too tall and too skinny and that you need to fill out and become a big, burly man! And she seems intent on making you a responsible one too... no matter what you do you're eventually booted out to walk to school over two hours early! If you weren't used to it this would be agony... the dark circles under your eyes are a mark of experience, damnit!

As you walk you pass down a street where the atmosphere is always vibrant and busy later in the day. This early it seems more like a campy Western, as though a tumbleweed might blow down the deathly silent street any second now! Rows of restaurants are solemnly cleaning up and preparing their sidewalks to open later in the day and doors open frequently, deliveries being taken in and the smells of great meals to come being let out in bursts of steam. Your attention is firmly grasped when a door is thrown open and a scruffy young man is shoved out shortly afterwards! He's followed by a squat old man with a frame like a pro wrestler, clad in a black chef's outfit with a tight hat covering the hair that covers his eyes! His beard bounces as he yells!

: "I DON'T NEED NO USELESS GOD drat BOY THAT CAN ONLY WORK HOURS THAT AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO GOD drat DO! WHAT'S A SERVER WHO DON'T WORK RUSH GOOD FOR IF HE WON'T EVEN WIPE THE LINE'S rear end?! GET THE gently caress OUTTA HERE!!!" The boy is already running down the road with his head down. The Chef looks over and gives you a scowl that'd knock the smell out of a bottle of spice. "HEY KID! YOU WANNA MAKE SOME MONEY?!"

Two hours of prep work before school... you could probably swing it and Granny would never need to know, right?

Ryuka: Your alarm went off ten minutes ago but your precision strike turned it off, honed after many marathon gaming sessions and late night crashes... but what you aren't prepared for is your older brother Ryushian coming in and sitting down in your computer chair, sliding over to your bed and repeatedly poking you in the side of the head.

: "Oiiii, Ryuka. You're gonna be late." Poke poke. "Look what you're driving me to to preserve the honor of the Mitsugu name..." Poke poke. "Your friends already stopped by and left." Poke poke. "Shameful, shameful. My my my." Poke. Get up? Or sleep in? He always goes away if you don't respond to his shenanigans...

Felix: You rise and shine in your cozy yet drafty home. Finding the climate agreeable and long since getting over any time differences you find the morning an easy beast to face, especially with the occasional thought of Miyuki's cool beauty drifting in and out of your head. You can't help but wonder how accurate those VR graphics are... your morning routine is almost finished and you've just got to eat breakfast before you head out! Your mother Martha is busy performing an enthusiastic set of yoga exercises to praise the sun in the little morning room that faces the rising sun, a small television on and an excitable news personality predicting great weather all week! She's made you a modest breakfast with some European flair.

: "Good morning, Felix! Your father's already left, have a good day at school!"

The kitchen seems a bit threadbare and there's only evidence of cooking be done for one. You idly wonder if either of your parents ate yet. Shall you dig in?

Tsukiyo: Your alarm is insisting you wake up 2 hours before you head to school. What better time to engage in some early morning training with your Grandmother? But your bed is calling your name as you lie in it... and you know you'll be exhausted if you get up now. What is your choice?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 14:42

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Memento-Mori

"oh... that's so embarassing..." Mori says with a faint chuckle. Privately, Noriko is relieved to have some distraction from her own shenanigans. She mills about sorting her friends list and inventory for a bit before signing off.


Noriko

Noriko was rarely tired enough to sleep, but something about the experience had worn her out. She felt more tired than empty, and sleep came easy for the first time in as long as she could remember.

~~~

The sound of the alarm snaps Noriko awake, tearing her from the unfamiliar dream rather abruptly. Tired as she is, she leans over to a stack of books beside her bed and jots down whatever she can remember from the dream in a notebook, a habit she picked up from all the therapy. She was used to weird dreams. This was a new one. The odd feeling leaves her puzzled through her morning routine.

"thank you, mother. we'll see how it goes," she says with a faint smile, her tone a sad echo of the playful cheer of better days. Taking a piece of toast smeared with jam for breakfast, she heads out down the road to school.

-

Noriko pauses at the scene, jarred out of her thoughts by the sound of cruelty. Curious, she approaches.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Flagelo

"Hmph, saved by timeout? This is definitely not optimal. I must become stronger enough to take on the princess by myself next time..." Flagelo mutters to herself before accepting the guild request. It might be a temporary thing, as she will definitely look for more powerful guilds once she levels up a bit more.

Tsukiyo

Hrmm. "I must have the computer checked. That thing isn't supposed to static like that." Perhaps it was an error with the VR set or something? This thing was brand new and glitching like that wasn't supposed to happen.

---

Tsukiyo rapidly gets up from bed. As sleepy and tired as she is, that nightmare...? It quite unnerved her, and perhaps training with grandma will take these thoughts out of her head. She quickly readies herself, picks up her shinai and hurries out of her bedroom.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo steeled himself for a fight and (probably) a wipe; even with Miyuki and Takamura with them, there were still a lot of enemies and he was running on empty. He mustered up what he could though and gave a clang of his skillet against his knife only for everything to get all wonky as Princess disconnects. "Oh geez... we made it?" he says to no one in particular.

Tatsumi

Tatsumi couldn't help but fidget in his seat as he overheard the stern mother over the voice chat. He had to get to bed soon too or he'd be facing a similar fate. He accepted the guild request and friend request, though didn't send any of his own out. After a quick sip of water he scans over the loot before selecting the Mask of the Dancing Sprite and adding it to his inventory. He also accessed the list of Personas as the encounter was over and selected the Pixie persona and made a mental note to take better care of it than he had his floating ketchup drop. He made his way to the necroforge and dipped the mask in, only to withdraw a white pleated headband which he quickly ties. It wasn't anything ostentatious, but it would do the job of keeping hair out of food if this were a real cooking environment.

"Geez, I'm gonna have to Bing more stuff about this game... I would've got stomped if it wasn't for you all. But thanks for showing us the ropes. I'll ummm see you guys online later. I need to get to bed too." and waited a moment or two to acknowledge any replies before signing off.

He gave a sigh as he took off his headset and his eyes squinted to get used to the difference in lighting. He noticed a peculiar bit of staticky tingle, but he shrugged it off as eye fatigue as he stood and made his way to the door and peeked out to see if his grandmother was still awake. If she was, he wished her a simple "Good night" before turning off the light to get some sleep himself.

------

Tatsumi

Tatsumi rolled and rocked side to side in bed as he experienced the dream. It was pleasant and as the first rays of sun began to come in through the gaps in his bedroom blinds his eyes shut tighter. Yet dreams and determination were no match for Granny Tsuroko as she pulled the shade open and flooded the room with light. He sits up a bit, bags under his eyes and hair disheveled. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" and rubs his eyes as he got properly woke up and got ready for the day.

He happily ate the bountiful breakfast, putting away more food than a boy his size would suggest. Then again it probably wasn't unusual for the bottomless pit otherwise known as a teenage boy's appetite. Since Grandma had cooked, he handled washing the dishes. He made sure to thank his grandmother and considered looking up a bit of DDW info before school until she suggested he arrive early. It was a bit of a cultural difference, back in the states they didn't do that but there was a part of him that appreciated the cleanliness. "Oh, of course! Thank you for breakfast." and gave her a hug before starting the walk to school.

His stroll to school was interrupted as he heard the yelling and looks over to the scene, then tenses up as the chef addresses him. Dang, caught looking. He gulps a bit before taking a step closer. "Well, I can't really work lunch rushes either, I have to get to school." as the wheels in his mind began turning a bit. He had come here to improve his cooking, and it would be a shame to let an opportunity go to waste. "But if you need any help in the back then I can lend a hand." meanwhile taking out his phone and setting a quick reminder so he'd have plenty of time to make it. Though he wouldn't be arriving early enough to sweep any floors.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth
Lyth screeches to a halt, whipping around to watch the scene behind her... promptly accepting a friend request, of course. She snatches up Orthrus, Hanged Man and equips it as the loot cascades, metaphorically, around them. "Y-Yes, we did indeed do it!" She nervously sputters as Takamura claps her on the back. "Mostly thanks to me, of course... but I suppose everyone else did their job adequately." She immediately accepts the guild invite as though she were expecting it.

Ryuka
Ryuka weakly bats away Ryushian's hand, turning over in bed. There's some vague grumbling that probably sounds like words to her, but sounds like nothing to her brother. Spitshine rubs up against Ryushian's back, letting out an eager meow. Somehow, that fat old cat is less lazy than Ryuka is..! Impossible! Her desk is an absolute mess, snacks practically obscuring her keyboard, her headset having been hastily thrown off just before bed the night before.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:15

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«24 »