Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«64 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio: You really let Akane have it! As your fingers rub the lotion in you resolve to teach this witch a lesson, knuckling in and delivering a proper massage! Akane groans lightly and you can tell you're landing concrete blows as she relaxes further! When you're finished the menial task you can't help but admire your handiwork.. yessir, Akio was nobody's servant. Your perfect execution of the task was testament to that.

: After asking how you've done, Akane rolls into her side and props herself up with one elbow, looking back at you with a smirk. "I guess Noriko really missed out.. not bad, A~kii~oo~!" Akane sits up and faces you, shifting forward and reaching for your hand. "You know.. that felt really good.. a nice massage like that." W-what's this!? Akane is getting closer! Into your personal space. She's close enough to whisper. "I always liked that you look like the revenant in Zombie Boyfriend.. Noriko's got good taste.." This wickedly smiling little minx is now face to face with you, grinning mischevously." And you know what else.. Noriko always said that we.. could share.." She squeezes your hand, then guides your arm up, fingers locked with hers. "Akio.."

: "I want.. you.." She squeezes your hand again! You feel something brush by your swimsuit but you can't avert your gaze from those cat's eyes! ".. to get me a drink." The air of closeness is ruined as Akane laughs, peeling open your palm and handing you some yen with her other hand, then pointing you off towards the nearest boardwalk shack. "Hahahahaha! Hurry up, you got me all worked up... and I need to cool off!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 31, 2019 around 21:29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - Morning

"H-Hey, come on now, I can sense smells without having to sniff like some pervert..." Akio looks down at the ground in embarrassment.

Akio // Saturday, May 30 - The Beach

"Noriko's loss, huh?" Akio grins proudly as Akane compliments him on his technique. But he wasn't prepared for what would come next.

He looks at her in surprise as she moves in closer and takes his hand. "Ah... I'm glad you enjoyed it that much." He smiles a nervous smile at her. She was definitely getting kinda close, wasn't she... "Zombie Boyfriend? Haha, you really think so...?" He goes red in the cheeks as she presses on. "Um, I..." Wait, was she seriously coming on to him? What would Noriko- Share!? What! He stares at her wide-eyed. She may have said something like that, but surely she didn't actually mean... N-No! This wasn't appropriate at all! Not in the slightest! But even so he can't seem to make himself pull away as she says his name again. "Akane, I..." She wanted him? He could feel his heart pounding louder. He was at a total loss at what to do.

"A drink!?" He blurts out incredulously. A multitude of emotions wash over him, but at least relief was one of them. He exhales deeply and lets out a chuckle. "Alright. We can't have you bursting into flames, I guess." He shuffles around somewhat awkwardly as he gets up to his feet and thanks his lucky star that he had a reason to face away from her... As if she was the only one that needed to cool off after that exchange!

Making an educated guess, he gets something with way too much sugar for Akane and some ice-cold juice for himself. As he steps away from the shack the sounds of a commotion in the distance makes him turn his head. Was that an arcade? It sounded like something fun was going on... He knew he shouldn't be indoors on a day like this, but maybe he'd grace them with his presence, just for a little bit... He returns to Akane and hands her her drink with a smirk. "Here you go, princess." He looks back in the direction he came from. "Hey Akane, I spotted an arcade back there, I'm gonna go check it out. You wanna tag along? Otherwise, catch you later."

On the way to the arcade Akio opens up the DDW companion app on his phone. He couldn't stop thinking about his encounter with Adachi yesterday, he had to figure out who he was ingame and who he was meeting up with. Acting on a hunch, he sends Isabelle a message.

To Isabelle posted:

Ambrose: Isabelle, I have a somewhat odd question for you.
Ambrose: Are you planning to visit any beachside resort in the imminent future?

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2019 around 14:13

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio: Accepting the coins you part from Akane, her hand dropping and fingertips brushing by your side again. It seems to be the same spot.. something deliberate.. but you're already hastening away thankful for the excuse to evade your foe in her arena of choice. You didn't need any help in the manufacture of awkwardness! You head for the soda shack with your goal clearly in mind, Akane's preferences being obvious.

: You pass by your good ol' pal Kunio, carrying a pair of seafood skewers and some drinks. He gives you his usual casual smile.. then suddenly reverses to a flat look of disapproval. He gives you a simple and powerful shake of the head before departing.

That's odd. You get in line and hear the occasional wisp of conversation on the wind. Bits of laughter. Surprised yelps. You get the drinks and there's a bit of pointing. References to nautical terms.

: ".. hey Akio, you feelin' alright?" Your friend Sato passes you in line once you're finished to place his order, his eyes involuntarily darting downwards before he forces them back to looking straight ahead.

You have a building sense of dread that something.. has.. happened.. you turn to return to Akane and see her tell-tale gesture of both hands brought up to her face, all of her fingers covering her lips like a mischievous little imp. Her laughter bubbles forth uncontrollably!

: "M-Master! Your swimsuit!" Dahlia whispers to you as she becomes aware of the strange air... but it is too late!

The invitation to rub her back. The "accidental" brushes. The highly staged flirting. Akane doubles over and holds her stomach while laughing, having afflicted you with her beguiling touch! You appear to be at full mast. However you recover... it seems she likes your next idea...

: "Oh, for sure! I was hoping one of us would admit it.. hee hee hee, spending all day actually outside.. pssh.." (I'll do a follow up and introduction for the arcade scene and Isabelle's response next post.)

Noriko: Arcana: Barnabus is connected by a strand of fate.. to an unseen location far in the distance! Back towards Kobe?! And he is bolstered by several layered incantations and magical boosts, swathed in a fiery power. It's like pure arcane power.. a rare effect to see!

The big owl hoots and then begins to deliberately walk forward on his talons, very vaguely attempting to gain speed in something that could charitably be compared to a charge! "Dorrr-yaahhh! Prepare to die, kid!"

...

Noriko herself abuses the rapidly fading laws of physics to become a little bat and poof between spaces in the maintenance structures needed to keep a modern building working. She appears on top of the elevator and camps it out as it rises. It stops every few floors and after two stops and checks you see Adachi depart on the fifth floor. You can trail him from the vents or at distance and watch what he does..

: Adachi stops at room 517 and produces a key card, opening the door and stepping inside. If he's the one waiting for somebody to come to him.. you wait for the second person to arrive! A little under 20 minutes later...

: A foreign woman! A short foreign woman, a westerner that's maybe 4'5" at best! She's dressed in a very haute couture black striped violet business suit with full power heels, classy glasses and a top of the line designer bag. You could undoubtedly call her attractive.. but she's clearly an older, more mature woman. She strides up to Adachi's door with an aura of confidence like she owns the place and gives it three sharp compact banging knocks. "Hey, what's the big idea! You're ruining my vacation, bird-brain!" When Adachi answers the door she lets him have it in oddly accented Japanese, clearly the product of her upbringing and almost comically American!

: "Please, please. Forgive me, Miss Griffin.. come in. It's nice to finally meet you! Call me Riku.." Adachi welcomes her into his room and the door closes, sounds of conversation cut off entirely with a Do Not Disturb sign hanging on the locked doorknob.

Takashi: Akane rolls her eyes at Takashi's bravado and sequesters herself off with Akio and Noriko..

: Takano smiles and flips out the full length of her hair with one hand. "Well done, Takashi-chan." The two of you strike up your own Beach Royalty set up and sun magnificently!

...

: Pressing her own sunglasses up neatly, Takano hums. "Hmm? Sounds like sore losers.. let's investigate." Suitably intrigued she hops to her feet and tags along with you, pressing for an arm in arm walk together.

A loud powerful laugh pierces the shared commotion of the crowded beach, this stretch of the coast surrounded by onlookers cheering or condemning either side of the tug of war. With a crashing wave swell and a rising breeze the distant side wins again, several boys and girls cheering for the front of their line, the terrible and brash Queen of the Beach:

: "Paaaa-haahahahaha! Hiiihiihii! It's just so easy!" Hayate! The disguised Tengu! Abusing her power to dominate this friendly event! She lets the rope go now that the other side has fallen into the waves and raises her arms in a domineering flex with a small hop.

: Takano whispers sharply to Takashi. "... She's a very strange girl.. and obnoxious, really. And isn't she from Nekketsu?" Her gaze bounces between the pullers on either side and hardens to a glare. "A few of those on her side are too! And they're against everyone from Naoki.. oooh, how brazen.."

Tsukiyo: Miyuki separates from the two of you for this one, leaving you with Miho and a few other students and tourists who are interested in seeing the site.

: "This one's really cool, Tsuki-chan. Uhm.." Miho has opted for a simple too-large blue t-shirt with a big logo for DEATH CYCLE 2020 concert tours made up of rings of interlocking white skulls. "Are you familiar with old myths about the islands? Like how they were made by the Gods?" Miho's confidence level rises when she gets to speak with expertise about something! The lot of you embark on a beach-side trail made of set stones leading up one side of the undeveloped cliffs by the side, the waves breaking peacefully to the side.

(Will also do follow up for this later.)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kasaya Itsumi

"I'm um... I'm thinking I like him," Itsumi says to Madoka before heading to meet Ryo. After he asks her where she's staying, Itsumi looks down at her feet and chuckles, "I'm um... staying with... a friend a little bit away from the beach." She leans in and whispers to him, quiet enough that Madoka can't hear, "I gave back that money, so I had to make alternate arrangements..."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

"Hm... The stuff about Izanagi and Izanami churning the primordial sea with a spear and raising the islands..." Tsukiyo pensively answers as she walks alongside Miho on the trail. "What about it...?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - The Beach

"My swimsuit?" Still confused as to why his friends had given him such odd reactions, Akio turns his eyes away from the cackling Akane to look down at himself as Dahlia warns him. He raises an eyebrow in surprise as time slows down to a crawl. That's funny... I don't remember gearing up to go spear fishing? Oh no... Oh no! His eyes open wide in terror and the color drains from his face in an instant. People had seen him, solid as a rock, in these speedos! NOOOO!

Unable to properly cover himself since he's holding drinks in both of his hands, Akio resorts to crossing his wrists in front of himself to salvage whatever tiny shreds remained of his dignity as he waddles over the rest of the way to Akane in a hurry. "You sinister little...!" The color has returned to his face in force, taking on the bright red shade of a tomato. "Royal Boner, is it!? I have half the mind of bending you over my knee to teach you some manners, but you'd just twist that around on me. No, I've got something else in mind..." He drops the drinks under the umbrella and steps forward to tower over her. The threatening image ruined somewhat since he has to use one hand to cover himself... He leans in to whisper in her ear. "Tit for tat. You make me hard, I make you wet." He pulls away and flashes a dangerous grin as he slips his other hand behind her back. "Dimensional pinch!" And thus, with a little sting to her behind and a dash of arcane power, he banishes the diabolical witch to the fathomless depths of the ocean! Well, in truth he only teleports Akane as far as he can reach, which wasn't terribly far into the water. Still satisfying, though.

[And to restore integrity to the timeline] As Akane returns he hands her her drink with a smirk. "Here you go, princess."

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2019 around 00:22

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Trailing Adachi

Acrobatics: 1d20+22 38

Crowley tenses the muscles in his legs, shifting back as the Owl charges into his space; he leaps up and back with a mighty beat of his wings, rolling to the side and gracefully landing on his feet a few feet away. "Hmph! Too slow! You're a hundred years too early to try to keep up with me!" His eyes twinkle with ferocity!

"Crowley! Adachi's meeting with a foreigner lady right now... i think she might be american...? i'm going in after them, keep in range in case i need an exit!" Skittering to the grating of the duct, she teleports across the hallway, landing in the vent for the hotel room Adachi went into. Moving through the vent, she looks for a good vantage point. She tries her best to keep noise to a minimum, though her little bat claws make tiny pattering footfalls she can't really avoid.

Stealth (+6 for batform per doom): 1d20+21 26

While Noriko performs her sneaking mission, Crowley continues his standoff with Barnabus. "This territory isn't yours any more than it is mine, so I think I'll stay as long as I'd like! You're far from home, Owl, I can smell the city stink on you. What are you doing here? A master on vacation doesn't entitle you to the whole roof."

Diplomacy: 1d20+27 46

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Mar 19, 2019 around 14:06

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio: The image of the Naoki Pervert may never fade as you've just given the beach a show of how excited you are to be here.. but you can get the Witch of the Boneyard back! Akane shrinks a little as you approach with clear menace, still laughing even as you go into your spiel! She raises a hand to accept her drink, figuring you wouldn't actually...

: "YAHH!" You catch a split-second of Akane turning truly red in the face and flustered before she appears two feet above the waves, flailing before the fall. With a big splash she vanishes, emerging shortly and sharing a dangerous stare with you. "Ohhh.. hrgkk.." She spits out some sea water. ".. Ohh ho ho.. is this the real Akio?" It's hard for her to look composed when she's soaking wet but she maintains a cocky posture while snatching her drink. She samples it and can't hide her smile, eyeing you up. "... wait'll I tell Noriko-chan..."

...

Arriving at the arcade you find it to be on the darker and grungier side of things. It's only lightly run down but it clearly subscribes to an older aesthetic of an arcade being a place for delinquents to skip school at or some other stereotype. It'd be completely outdated if it wasn't for the new Hex Maidens 4 cabinet front and center at the most prominent spot in the building. There is a large maintenance van outside the building, an older style in a stark white with a petite woman sorting through a great pile of travel bags and placing litter from inside the van into a trash bag. Inside the arcade is a crowd of unfamiliar students who are dressed for the beach but ended up here:

: "How're you managing those cancels?!" Fujio's here in a set of big white trunks with a bright red heart pattern, losing on the 2 Player side of the board. His full physique on display is like an aspiring body builder's.

: "He's good, he's good, just think of it as learning, Fuji." You don't recognize this boy outside of whatever Tsukiyo and Itsumi told you about him. Tsukiyo might have mentioned body slamming him. He's wearing flat black trunks and has a lanky runner's build.

: "You're a hundred years too early, Senpai. Sorry to do this to you..." Your rival Tokuhei is on the 1 Player side, delivering the round ending combo from one of the new girls, the beguiling necromancer Bone Crown. He's wearing some casual shorts and a shirt with sandals.

There's many other students and you get the inkling this is a Nekketsu group! You don't recognize anyone else.. a boon, since if you saw Anne here than perhaps your reputation as a giant pervert might spread to Akane, truly dooming you. There is one woman of note nearby... and she's noteworthy as you've accidentally walked into the cloud of cigarette smoke she's blowing as you pass by the van, heading for the arcade.

: "Oh. Sorry about that." The petite woman doesn't break her pose to move or anything, instead taking another drag without missing a beat. She's wearing a green sundress and some proper shoes and seems to just be watching the crowd, peering into the building occasionally.

You receive a reply to your earlier text to Isabelle:

quote:

: No, I did not have any vacation plans. Why do you ask? Are you offering? 乂❤‿❤乂

Itsumi: When you whisper to Madoka..

: "WHAT??!!" She shouts in your ear, then peers rapidly between you and Ryo, as subtle as a brick through a window. Then she laughs and slaps Itsumi on the back. "Nice.. !"

: Chatting with Ryo, the three of you are at the surf shack for renting boards and such. Ryo offers the money to get the three of you some boards. Madoka takes a surf as well as Ryo, then they look to you before Madoka points something out and they get you a water board to practice on. Ryo laughs a little and returns the whisper. "That's noble of you. So.. where're you staying? There's space in these hotel rooms to sneak in.."

Once your board choices are settled you can hit the waves for awhile. At some point Ryo makes a point to catch you away from Madoka and offers some friendly support.

: "Itsumi, have you ever surfed before? I could teach you.. it's safer than it looks." He gives you a reassuring smile before offering to help you onto his board and give it a try.

Noriko: (Still need a Barnabus pog, will edit later)

Barnabus throws up his wings and clicks irritably, turning to face Crowley! This takes a few seconds as he has to awkwardly hop and turn a bit each time until he has managed a 180. Onlookers would find this duel between bird and bird to be almost adorably stilted.

Barnabus: "Brah-hah! I am far too smart to fall for your honeyed words, boy! My great and powerful master has charged me with keeping horrible sneakthieves like you away from important people while they work! Whoever you serve must be spying upon this hotel right now! In fact, my master knows that.." His beak suddenly drops and he gawks in shock! "BWAH!? You terrible trickster! I can't believe I said that!" Barnabus steels himself and pulls his wings close to his body, transforming from pinecone to bowling ball. "You.. enough is enough. I won't permit you to do as you please!" Barnabus focuses his steely gaze entirely on Crowley and passes the talons of one foot along the stone like a bull preparing to charge. "Whatever my master says is mine IS MINE! DIE!" Waddling forward with renewed ferocity, Barnabus charges unerringly at Crowley!

...

Noriko successfully passes from hallway to room, ending up in an active air conditioning vent, soon chilling her to the adorable little bones. Inside she can see that Adachi has set up a miniature war room. There are two laptops open and set up for a rough approximation of a dual monitor set up and on it are detailed little spread sheets of Suspected Leads And Awakened, which is displaying the first page and the most prominent suspects. There are even little photo IDs, presumably taken from registration for the school.

quote:

: Hagiwara Kane = ???, status unknown
: Yamamura Akio = Ambrose, Awakened (confirmed)
: Bedford Felix = ???, Awakened (confirmed by my sight of subject manifesting invisibility at school)
: Mitsugu Ryuka = Lyth, Awakened (confirmed by own stream)
: Kurokawa Takashi = .attak, presumed Awakened (identity confirmed by Ryuka's stream mention)
: Mori Noriko = ???, presumed Awakened (unproven!)
: Tatsumi Sato = ??? unawakened (associates with many other awakened. A bit slow, maybe?)
: Teramoto Miho = MightyMiho unawakened (harmless. shared identity when asked.)

: Griffin casts a glare at the walls and her eyes eventually settle on the vents, though thankfully they're dark inside. "<Oh, wow, is this place loving infested? lovely little backwater..> .. Hey, Riku, lets not mess around." She snaps her heels together and stands at full attention, grinning and staring up at her counterpart with a cheeky confidence.

: "Not at all.. I must say, this is very exciting. Almost like we're doing something wrong.." Mister Adachi returns the look with his own gaze downwards, pinching his own chin with index finger and thumb and grinning.

: "Your students gonna gossip if they see us together?"

: "I might have to explain it to my wife, but they're more mature than that. They're all busy today anyway." He laughs and waggles a finger as he explains. "Though I did see one lurking about the lobby earlier, it's why I called you to meet here.. Mori Noriko. Strange little girl, though trauma at that age will do it. Big goth, acts a little suspicious but never caught.. so the writer in me wants to say that there's certainly enough circumstantial evidence there to figure she's up to something." Adachi chuckles at the conclusion of his own reasoning, turning to show Griffin the list of suspects on his laptop.

: "You're pretty good.. wow, there's a lot of these little shits at your school, huh. I guess you can't be talking about fate and not end up with some coincidences! ... HEY! I saw this guy earlier!" Griffin jabs a finger at Akio's portrait!

: "Surprising, yes? I believe that would make him the one that defeated you earlier..." Adachi is interrupted as.. !

: "<That perverted kid!> I was in the spa and he spied on me in there! He got a real good look too! And.. and.. there was this fat old guy that FELL on me!" Griffin fumes, pumping a fist!

: ".. Fat old.. hmm.. about this big? Belly like this? Hair like this after the balding?" Adachi mimes eerily accurate measurements of Akio's disguise. "That old fellow was in the men's bath and fled as though he vanished into thin air.. and there was a strange account from a colleague of mine that a door without a look became as hard as a solid wall.."

: "<YEAH! OHHHHH IF I SEE THAT LITTLE LOSER AGAIN!!!>" Her rage boils over and she wrings the air in front of her, clenching both hands. She soon composes herself and laughs. ".. So you know who I am, but I have to be sure of who you are."

: "That's further confirmation of his status.. and he's dating Noriko. I think that lends a lot of credibility to theory of their using magic. But you're right, it's rude of me not to introduce myself. It's thrilling that we can meet face to face like this.." Adachi raises his hands and openly manifests arcane power, his shadow growing into a sprawling representation of a facet of his soul.. !



: The ethereal techno-skull on pillar of strange stone looms over Mister Adachi, the unmistakable style and essence of.. "Bishop at your service, Miss Griffin."

: "<Cawl me Allison.>" She offers her hand to him in a formal greeting, the two shaking as Allison's own shadow sizes up beside her, creating a near mirror image of the short voluptuous woman but in green and in warlock's business-robes. "Good to meet you. There won't be any God drat mistakes with us in charge!"

Tsukiyo: Miho nods, smiling brightly. She seems pleased you're knowledgeable!

: "Uh huh, that's right! We-well.." Miho wrings her hands together for a bit, clearly remembering something. "... Weeeeeelllll, my mom always told me that we're related to a long line of people who knew about that sort of thing. Like priests, and that they inherited this land. We take care of all the little shrines and run tours for people to them.. uhm, I guess it's good money, but we always want to be respectful too? And mom and dad don't believe in that kinda thing anyway..." Mentioning her parents is a reminder of that morning but brave little Miho soldiers on!

Music

: "Izanagi and Izanami were born, married and created the islands. When the kami of fire Kagutsuchi is born, Izanami dies from the labor and horrible burns.." Miho is familiar with the stories and tells them with what might be a practiced bit of somberness. "Izanami is buried at Mt. Hiba but Izanagi takes a journey to the land of the dead to find her." The two of you and other tourists follow the trail of stones to a small shrine carved into the sides of a beach side cliff, set on massive stone blocks that raise it a few feet above the stands, further stonework carved into that to make for steps coming off the path. "They found one another.. but Izanami was already truly dead and part of the underworld.." The design of the shrine is a bit odd, like the entire thing is unnecessarily large. Taking it in as a whole you realize that it is designed to resemble a large boulder lodged into the stone, then the smaller proper shrine is carved into the front of that. "Izanagi saw her decaying body and was so disturbed he fled and she chased him!" Miho gets genuinely excited by the shift in the story! "He ran and ran, and then blocked his path with a massive boulder.. and they swore oaths at one another, and Izanami is still the Goddess of Death to this day."

Miho pauses and looks to you with a smile, waiting for your reaction to the story. She seems very aware of the silence and sweats a bit, though a few of the tourists do offer polite little claps for the telling.

: "Th-though uhm, we're not close to Hiba, so.. I guess these are monuments to that story, or something? Eh heh heh.." Miho rubs the back of her head.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2019 around 00:16

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Trailing Adachi

Noriko feels her blood run cold as Allison looks up at her, feeling a mixture of relief and indignation at the implication she was vermin. Scooting up to the edge of the grate, she peers in and ponders this new dirty business. More members of ORDER were here, and they clearly had a lot of information... "...are we walking into a trap?" she felt a slight panic begin to set in before rationality overwhelmed it. "...they still don't know who i am. it's a good guess, but... they're clearly not sharing information. Akane and Takano aren't even on the list... and even if they're being deliberately left off, wouldn't they have told them about me if they were working together?" She felt a little strange at the idea that she was still relatively in the shadows... She hadn't really tried to conceal her identity... She even had "Mori" in her character name! "i guess i'm a lot more assertive online... maybe they just don't think that's a likely connection. eheheh..."

"Noisy! I hope you're finding out what you need to in there... I can't keep this guy busy forever!" Crowley shoves aside Noriko's mental clutter to focus at the task at hand. It was clear he was going to lose some feathers in this fight, but he still needed to buy time... and maybe more loose-beaked answers. Relying on tried and true tactics he'd hardened and refined in Kobe's vast fields of dumpsters, Crowley turns to his street fighting expertise to get past this round. Twisting to the side at the last minute, he attempts to whip around the owl and rip out a beak full of tailfeathers before leaping away.

You Came To The Wrong Dumpster, Motherfucker: Streetwise: 1d20+25 30

"Tch... It's like fighting a dragon... Or an elephant! Just a big lumbering buffoon! Your master has inelegant taste!" Whether he succeeds or fails, he delivers the taunt as soon as he can flutter out of range.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

"Priests, huh... So, you are a Shrine Maiden as well...?" Tsukiyo asks, somewhat curious before listening to Miho's explanation of the myths surrounding the local shrines.

---

Wait so why are there monuments to that so far from Mount Hiba? Why bring it the story in first place if it's for what is likely to be a bunch of tiny shrines? Tsukiyo gives an awkward smile and claps for a few seconds. "A-Ah... Well, so they are all around this beach, Miho-chan?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Noriko: (Owl pog later, edit later, etc etc)

Barnabus unleashes a shrill shriek and throws his wings open as Crowley attempts to pass, buffeting his beak in the midst of his smooth escape and guiding him to the imminent collision with the big owl's midsection! He flops over and on top of Crowley, the two landing with a light thud as he starts to crush the smaller crow! ... This is one big owl! "Bah! I still have an owl's wisdom! And thanks to my master a bear's strength and a cat's agility!" He flaps his wings twice to gain just an inch of height before letting himself fall on Crowley again. *thump* It is a brutal, abusive strike.. "But most of all.. great loyalty! We're done here!"

...

: ".. Hmm?" Adachi's phone is vibrating audibly. He retrieves it and checks the screen. His eyes go wide and he whispers harshly to Allison. "Strange loops."

: Allison's eyes widen for a bit too before she puts on a vicious grin. "Is that so.." She stalks over to the window and draws the shades open, looking out it with an odd intensity. "You said somebody was loitering in the lobby?"

: ".. You said you heard something earlier?" Adachi is making strange gestures with his hands and visibly generating white light in an outline around them, building up to cover the palms.

Tsukiyo: Miho shakes her head.

: "S-shrine maiden?! N-no!" She waves her hands to flail at your suggestion. "No.. I just know the tour speech by heart! We have this one and another near the hotel. And I think when they started construction here that some artifacts were found by where they put the spa? Uhm.. Mom says she has family in Misaki.. and they've got a shrine too!" She seems a bit embarrassed, being open with you..

Miho clears her throat. "Ah.. ahm.. Tsuki-chan, I was wondering.. if you started playing Digital Devil Worlds?" She peers into your eyes with her usual bashfulness, her hands finding one another and clasping at her waist. ".. Miyuki-chan mentioned it.. and.. and.." She wavers, practically falling over to one side. "Ahh-ahh, I'm sorry. You must be really good at it! And.. and you'd tell me.. if you wanted to play together.. d-don't mind Miho, haha.." She can't maintain eye contact any more and looks down.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

"Found on the hotel construction... Well, I guess it's good that the artefacts got moved or else the place would be cursed by the local Kami or something..." Tsukiyo nods at Miho's explanation before being startled at her sudden foray into DDW discussion. "Ahh... Yeah, I-I think I told you before that I play, yeah... A few times a week with some guys from Naoki..." She notices the other girl's bashful retreat from the subject matter... And decides to push forward! "But I'd like to play with you too!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Trailing Adachi

"keheheh..." Crowley hacks out a cawckle. "You forgot to mention one more thing you've got... A human's big fat mouth!"

"heh, nice! i'm coming up, thanks for stalling so long. i'll get you a large fry tonight, ok?"

"<BLIMEY!> Large?!" Crowley would grin if he could. "Keheheh! You lost without knowing it... Before you ever threw a rake! Never fight a Crow, friend...!"

Doomykins posted:

Crowley and Barnabus are on like the 3rd floor windows
I think I said Adachi's room is fifth floor

(move: Perfect familiar's call to Crowley's space, become invisible)

Crowley retreats to crowspace with great relief, feathers floating away in the wind as Noriko is teleported, invisible, into his space. Immediately moving to set up a followup teleport, she uses Ethereal Sidestep to teleport to the ground, landing about ten feet away from the building. Blowing an action point, she lines up another teleport, using a Misty Step to send her another 50-60 feet (12 squares) away from the hotel, back towards the beach, aiming for someplace inconspicuous to land for when the invisibility wears off. Digging her claws into the sand, she has to resist the urge to wiggle her bat body with excitement. "Braxienne. Bishop... maybe Isabelle...?" she smirked. "i... we did it!!!!!!!!!"

(standard: ethereal sidestep, action point: misty step)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2019 around 01:18

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Saturday, May 30 - Morning

Takashi easily accepts Takano's arm, pressing it against himself as they walk closely in conversation.

As soon as he catches sight of Hayate he lets out an audible groan, and in reply to Takano, "You have no idea - she's Nekketsu's wild girl - she's about as brazen as a tea kettle, and twice as loud. I can't just let her trample on Naoki, on everyone's good time..."

Striding down to the scene, still arm-in-arm with Takano, he raises his chin with the air of a king marching to do battle, his smile a shield and a sword, "Hayate-saaaan," the sweetness in his voice would never be mistaken for anything but courtesy, "It seems that you've been having a good time down here, playing unfair games with my classmates. Victory suits you. Too bad its such a small one. Too easy was it?" he laughs in a jocular, amused way, "But you wouldn't want a fair match, would you? You'd look a lot less heroic with your face in that sand."

Mortify fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2019 around 13:57

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kasaya Itsumi

"Oh... I'm about an hour's walk away. It'd be nice to stay at the hotel, but I think all of my friends are filled up in their rooms, and I wouldn't want to impose on them!" she replies, looking down at the ground. She then smiles at Ryo when they get their boards, "No, I've never surfed before. It sounds fun though! I'd love it if you taught me!"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Mar 22, 2019 around 16:08

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - The Beach

"As if you haven't caused me enough problems already, succubus..." Akio says with a slight smile and rosy cheeks as he gazes furtively off at the horizon and takes a long sip from his drink, then glances back at Akane and raises an eyebrow. "Just don't forget to tell Noriko what you took the liberty to do to me first." He smirks. "And you better believe we're not even just yet..."

---

"No worries." Akio says as he waves the smoke out of his face. As he's about to move on he does a double take and throws another glance at the petite woman. He'd seen her somewhere before... Ah! When they were chasing Genjuro through the shadow city! They'd seen him talk with her, and Itsumi and Tsukiyo had recognized her. Wonder what a teacher from Nekketsu was doing here? Thinking nothing more of it, Akio enters the arcade and immediately spots the shiny new cabinet that was front and center. "Oh, nice! They've got the new Hex Maidens," he says to Akane, beaming. "Have you played it? It's a fighting game, and just like the rest of my life lately it's riddled with witches," he laughs, just as his ears register some familiar voices. "Huh, I know a couple of those guys, but they're from Nekketsu. Let's go say hi."

"Hey, Tokuhei! Taking candy from babies like usual?" Akio calls out as he approaches the group with a broad grin. "Yo, Fujio. I didn't expect to find you guys here. Trying to sneak in on our school trip?"

---

To Isabelle posted:

Ambrose: Haha. Maybe...
Ambrose: Did you happen to speak with Bishop yesterday night?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio: As the two of you head for the arcade Akane laughs.

: "We sure aren't..." She makes use of a towel and follows you, smiling politely. When you get a face full of smoke Akane giggles and doesn't stop as you explain the game to her. "Wow, you don't say? Maybe you can show me how to start, Akio-chan." She winks and witnesses you getting into it with your guy pals.

: "Yoooo! Akio! Fancy meeting you here!" Fujio throws his head back and laughs loudly! "Yes! This is our annual great training exercise at the beach! It's not like Nekketsu to let Naoki out do them at anything, so here we are!"

: "It must be fate that I get to kick your rear end here too.." Tokuhei grins at Akio, the spirit of friendly rivalry burning.

: "PFFFT-HAHAHAHAHA!" Akane slaps Akio's shoulder repeatedly as she cracks up. "Oh my God! Are these your friends!?" She gives Akio an insufferably smug patronizing smile and peers over to Tokuhei, lips and eyes curling. "Is this your Sasuke, Akioooo-chaaaan? Hahahahaha!"

: "Ohh!" "Oh?" Both guys look to Akane and are enchanted!

: ".. I'm impressed, Akio." He gives you a nod, a sign of manly acknowledgement?!

: "Good to meet you, miss! Call me Fujio!" Heart puts on his biggest smile. "Are you here with..?"

You get +1 Charm, somehow.

: "My name is Yamamura Akane, 15 years old." Akane winks like an idol introducing herself on camera. She pats Akio's arm and tweaks one of his nipples, leaning into him. "This big doofus is my brother! He didn't tell me he had such nice guy friends.." She giggles and points to the Hex Maidens machine. "I really like this series and Akio-chan said the new one was out.."

: "Of course, let me show you it!" ... Before you know it, Akio is boxed out of the picture by all the Nekketsu guys in the small crowd! Akane takes up the Player 2 spot and continues tittering as Tokuhei teaches her simple move inputs.

: When it comes time to try a real match, Akane uses the 5 second match start timer to affect a big two-armed stretch behind her head, sticking her chest forward while the witches do their introductory animations. She has selected a witch characterized by the appearance of a snappy minstrel, an enchanted set of instruments, a bag of exotic relics and well-traveled merchant's gear and a dashing tri-corner hat with large feather. She immediately blitzes a distracted Tokuhei down and laughs as she burns through 1/3 of his life bar with a top-level combo that climaxes with a guitar crushing his witch's head to a loud KA-BONG!

: "Woah! Th-this is.." Fujio slaps the side of the machine, barely restraining himself from leaning in so far he'd block the screen!

: "What a surprise.. time to get seriou.."

: Akane's witch Feather Cap uses an incantation of speed to triple air dash back to the side of the stage. She giggles and releases the joystick, passing her fingers over the top of Tokuhei's hand. "Was that good..?"

: "Ah.." Akane's projectile follow-ups close in on Tokuhei's suddenly inert witch.. !

You receive a text reply from Isabelle:

quote:

: I speak to Bishop almost every day. Why do you ask? Did something happen?

Itsumi: Ryo smiles and nods.

: "I don't think Madoka-san would mind, but it sounds like you've got a good spot. Are there houses out there on the beach?" Whether or not you want to share the.. details of your cave living is up to you. Ryo helps you get the board ready with a safety tether attached to your ankle, unable to resist the chance to tickle the bottom of your foot as he helps. The two of you head to the waves and he helps you get balanced on the board, then leads it out further into the waves while showing you how to swim and move the board from that position, what to look for and so on. Once he's gone as far as he can on foot he pats your forearm and calls out an approaching distant swell that looks fit to rise.

Before you couldn't imagine anything fun that'd involve an expensive fee due to your family situation but now you're able to spend the morning surfing! With your magically enhanced senses and athleticism you're able to maintain fearless balance after your first few blind attempts! Madoka and Ryo cheer while watching you and a few others take notice, admiring your technique! +2 Charm!

: Once you finish after a few caught waves Ryo greets you at the shore, beaming from ear to ear. "That was amazing, Itsumi! You're a natural!" When he meets you he shares a moment of closeness with you, setting a hand on your shoulder for a friendly little pump. It seems a perfect opportunity for.. something, at your discretion. Whatever you do afterwards Ryo helps you get the tether off your ankle, provides a towel and carries the board.

Noriko: Your heart pounds as you soak in the danger of risk yielding reward. Your adorable little revelry is interrupted as you (Passive Perception) hear a sound drilled into your mind from familiarity, Crowley having heard it a dozen times already: Barnabus has swooped around the side of the building and is using his high-flying vantage point to look for something..

Your bold actions yield +2 Courage!

Takashi: As you step forward to confront Hayate, Takano shares one urgent whisper with you beforehand.

: "Takashi.. be cautious. She's cloaked in a powerful illusion! She must be part of the game... and fiendishly clever at that." Takano is giving Hayate a serious analytical look, sizing her up.

: "Paaa! HRMPH!" Hayate takes a step forward and lashes out with a pointing finger at Takashi! "That's tough talk for a whipped dog like you, Takashi!" She smirks and lowers her hand, setting the fist on her hip as she strikes a proud, satisfied pose. Her eyes closed she looks away, her smug smile saying it all. "I preferred the way you looked last time.. on the ground, holding your stomach.. after my Kunio belted you! Pirriihiihiihii!"

: Takano tenses her arm and thus yours, whispering to you. "Takashi, you can't fight guys like Kunio!" Is this concern for the normal affairs of school boys, where Kurokawa Takashi really shouldn't be calling out the biggest senior at his school? Takano eyes you with the look of a disapproving Senpai, a formal demeanor like when you first met her.

: Hayate raises her hands in an exaggerated shrug, palms open to the sky. "It's OK, Takashi! I forgive you! I can see.." She shifts her feet and bounces once. ".. the source of your jealousy now." Takano tenses her arm and yours again. "I guess it's funny to see what kinda girl you'd go for after you let Yuzuki get away from you.." Now Hayate opens her eyes, turning and leaning forward, hands on hips again as she grins horribly. "Is that your second place?"

: Takano straightens up and her eyes are whiter than normal, her pupils focused to an intense glare. She whispers, her voice as cold as ice. "Kick her rear end."

: Hayate laughs and reaches down, seizing the rope with one hand. She takes a few steps back and grips it with both hands, adjusting her stance and making sure to flex her muscles. Hayate's simple expression and tone grow dark. ".. Don't think you're the only one training." A black wind cuts down the beach for a moment, several students shivering unexpectedly.

Athletics, please!

Tsukiyo: Miho looks back at you with a snap of interest, practically hopping to attention!

: "You believe in the Kami too!?" .. She laughs and clasps her hands together in front of her quickly, smiling at you. Miho soon demurs. "Er.. uhm.. it-it's OK, Tsuki-chan.. I.. I heard about the kinda stuff you've done.. you're so amazing.. and.." Miho can't help but look away, rubbing the top of one of her hands with the palm of the other. "I'd just get in your way.. so I understand if you didn't want to tell me." Miho's voice cracks in the last line. She realizes what she's saying and forces an awkward little laugh, then looks back at you and smiles. "We.. we should finish the tour! You can pray at the shrine and leave an offering.. I.. I brought extra!" She produces a pair of little prayer strips, goes to offer you one, turns beet red and switches them, giving you a store-bought note to wish for Good Luck.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 23, 2019 around 13:58

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Trailing Adachi

As Barnabus begins his overhead sweep, Noriko turns a shade of white. "oh no! i'm... i'm a prey animal!" Glancing up to the sky, she has very little time to work, quickly weaving together a fresh Greater Invisibility spell to replace her fading effect, lining up another 8 square (40ft) teleport onto a solid surface so there won't be any footprints or sand splash where she lands.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

Ahhhh!!! This... This is horrible! Tsukiyo tenses up in horror, extremely embarassed by Miho's response to her hiding her DDW status to her! "Nooo...!!! I-I didn't want to mean that, i-it's just that..." She looks down, flush with embarassment. "I thought people would think that me playing that game was 'lame'... T-that's why I hid it from everyone in Naoki..." She looks up to her, awkwardly staring and waiting for a response.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Noriko: The little hairs on the back of your entire body stand on end as you feel the approach of rushing air. You shift into invisibility and feel an uncontrollable terror response as Barnabus' continues to close, the beating of his wings much closer. Resisting the sucker's temptation to turn around and look behind you, you instead teleport past a line of sight to an adjacent roof top! You can see Barnabus swoop and talon rake where you were standing and draw in his wings, stopping to hop around and chirp irritably.

Deciding to finish this adventure while you're ahead and before you get eaten or have to physically seat at an owl with your human hands you retreat back to the beach, returning to normal form. You can see the big to-do going down between Hayate and Takashi at tug of war, you can see Itsumi and some pretty boy surfing with that ogre Madoka, and it seems that Akane and Akio are out!

Tsukiyo: Miho smiles with serene grace.

: "Tsuki-chan, nobody would think you're lame!" Miho winds herself up and gushes! "You're cool and beautiful and strong and fearless! You.. you stopped two gangs all by yourself! You're great.." ... Miho turns explosively beet red, then turns and gestures to the shrine. "W-w-we should PRAY!" Her voice cracks again and she moves ahead to find a spot to add her prayer strip to a few tastefully spread lines of others. They blow in the beach breeze, set on either side of the central shrine at the boulder's base. Miho adds her strip to the middle of one of the lines, checking over her shoulder to make sure she's blocking your line of sight with her body!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 31, 2019 around 22:48

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

"B-beautiful?" Taken aback by the sudden praise, Tsukiyo staggers a bit back as Miho quickly runs towards the shrine! She follows her in a rush, still processing the last few minutes. "Wait a bit Miho-chan, what is going on, I..." She trips on one of the small steps to the shrine on her hurry and ends up crashing headfirst into her friend! "Aw..." She grunts while opening her eyes, but there seems to be a paper stuck on her face...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Tsukiyo: You cunningly or earnestly topple into Miho, knocking both of you into the sand and pressing Miho beneath you. As she was facing away Mihi has fallen down face first and slowly rotates to sit up. This puts you both face to face, your arms supporting you to either side of your friend's smaller frame. Miho seems paralyzed by this turn of events and stutters mindlessly, giving you time to remove and instinctively examine the prayer strip stuck to your face.

I hope we can be friends again, and forever!

There's a little doodle of Miho, Tsukiyo and Manami as adorable chibis with exaggerations of their at a glance features. Manami has pointed shark teeth, Miho looks happy and ready to work and is a bit shorter than the others, and Tsukiyo looks like a cool figure with some some dazzling stars around her eyes.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Mar 31, 2019 around 22:49

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

Tsukiyo looks at the prayer strip. Then to Miho. Then to the strip. "I-I'm sorry..." She says while handing it back to Miho... And grasping her hand while doing so. "...Forever, huh..."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - The Beach Arcade

"Man, you guys are a bunch of dupes." Akio rolls his eyes. "As if a girl as rotten as her could possibly be my sister..." It was obvious that Akane knew how to play the game quite well, but it was impossible to tell just how good she was since Tokuhei was barely managing to keep his hands on the controls! Having had enough of the disgraceful showing, Akio cuts through the throng of Nekketsu guys, using his elbows if he has to, and places a hand on Tokuhei's shoulder. "Are done embarrassing yourself yet? You spend all your free time battling witches and yet when a real one shows up you can't keep your composure for a second." He shakes his head in disappointment. "Step aside, Fukushima."

Taking his place in front of the cabinet, Akio glances over at Akane with an amused smirk. "So you have played this before." He flexes his fingers theatrically and grabs the controls. "But I wonder if you've ever played against an opponent that actually fights back?" He selects one of the new characters, the Astromancer Witch, who is dressed in a cloak sewn out of enchanted fabric which appears like the night sky, a midnight blue wizard hat with a silver crescent moon on top, and wielding a wand adorned with a golden sun. "I can't very well overlook the mockery you made out of poor Tokuhei and the others, I'm going to have to put you in your place. They're nice guys, you know, so you should play nice."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio: As you lecture the others and move to take in your place you bump against an immovable wall, your elbows ineffective against..

: : "Woahh! Akio, you can't talk that way about your cute sister! There's no need to be rude!" The mountain of Nekketsu has his arms folded over his broad chest, frowning at you.

Akane smiles sweetly as Tokuhei is swiftly dispatched. She raised a single finger in an exaggerated display of surprise, touching her bottom lip. "Gosh Akio.. you're always so mad when I play.." As she selects her Bardic counterpart and you settle in with the Astromancer your senses warn you too late.. that she wasn't just entrapping the other boys! "I guess you still won't accept that girls can play these games too.."

You can feel the shift in the eyes of the crowd to you from all sides, as well as a snorting exhale from the nose from the adjacent Fujio. You had heard from Noriko and ah, that girl you swiped a jacket from that Nekketsu is pretty big on equality.

You've immediately entered hostile territory! Tokuhei laughs. "Maybe she's actually good, Akio.. watch out."

Akane licks her lips and stares you down during the round start countdown before turning to face the screen, sharpening to a rarely seen serious focus. Before you know it the screen is full of slow moving projectiles and she is making fill use of the Tricone's twin gimmicks: songs of speed to enhance her own speed and siren songs to force small pulls on your own character. It takes intense focus to double the amount of special move inputs between the regular fighting game racket!

Arcana 42 (Adjusting mod due to error made while phone posting.)

She's good!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 1, 2019 around 02:33

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Saturday, May 30
Music

Tsukiyo: Gripping Miho's hand tenderly, still on your hands and knees looking over her in the sand, this seems like a one of a kind magical moment that could only happen on those youthful trips that you'll nostalgically recall for the rest of your life. Even with a few of the tourists and students staring at the two of you who've been on the ground after a trip and tumble for too long..

: Miho accepts the strip and your handhold for a moment before using that as leverage to push you aside and sit up. "Tsukiyo, you dummy!" This must be the first time you've ever heard Miho speak in anything approaching anger, her voice a high pitched set of squeaks. She stares you down with her cheeks puffed out around a big frown. "Th-those are private!" She gets up and composes herself briefly before offering you a hand up. "We.. we should place our strips and pray, OK?" Miho heads to the shrine and very resolutely adds her prayer strip to the others before watching Tsukiyo to see she does the same, then begins a private little prayer to the shrine while on her knees in the sand.



The Temperance Social Link is almost maxed! If Tsukiyo pushes things in a certain direction...

: When you're finished Miho seems much more like her normal self and is wearing a friendly smile. "Let's get back to Miyuki-chan, OK?"

Tsukiyo gains +2 Academics! She can easily learn more about the legends and myths of the Japanese God's and Goddesses here, as well as visit these little ancient shrines. This is info anyone in the party can pick up freely.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2019 around 23:42

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Tsukiyo

Saturday Noon - Prayer Spot Tour.

Accepting Miho's hand, Tsukiyo lifts herself up. She silently waits for her friend to finish setting her prayer strip before heading towards the shrine, writing on her strip with a melancholic expression before hanging it besides Miho's on one of the various lines. She mutters a quick prayer, her eyes closed while she faces the shrine.

[I WANT TO FIX UP THINGS WITH EVERYONE]

After the whole thing is done she accepts the invitation to return... "Yes... Let's go."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Kasaya Itsumi

"It's more of camping I guess you'd say, but it's fun!" she says. Itsumi then grabs Ryo's hand as he places it on her shoulder and slides it down into a bit of a hug with a soft smile. "Thanks!" she says. "Hey um... we should do more things like this! I think it'd be fun!"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - The Beach Arcade

"I'm rude? She's the one lying about being my sister!" Akio throws his hands up in frustration at Fujio. Great, so she was making him out to be some sort of chauvinistic gatekeeper now? Nothing could be further from the truth! What happened at the beach he could take in stride, but this actually annoyed him. He had to fix it somehow, but how was he supposed to sway the crowd back in his favor when they all seemed to be collectively drooling over Akane?

He shoots her a frown as they eye each other up before the match starts. "Don't even joke about that. I want more girls to play these kind of games. Did you forget who invited you to the arcade in the first place?" He warms up, getting familiar with the Midnight Hat's moveset as he nimbly avoids the Tricorn's projectiles, keeping his distance for now. "I thought we could enjoy playing some games together." He summons a miniature black hole which sucks in the projectiles, clearing the way for him to move forward. "Show you what I like to do for fun. Maybe find some more common ground." He starts piling on the pressure, unleashing a barrage of colorful star showers as he sizes her up. "Have a genuinely positive interaction for once." He ups the aggression, playing just past the extent of her ability. "So I find it pretty disappointing, especially now when I see how skilled you are." She was good, really good in fact, but he was the zone and executing his inputs like a flawless machine, and he soon had her by the ropes. "That you still feel like you have to be so manipulative. That you'd lie and cheat and twist my own friends against me."

He launches her up in the air and unleashes the Astromancer's ultimate attack. The stage fades to black and the two characters float suspended in space in front of a starlit nebula. Midnight Hat winks and points her wand at Tricorn, then yells in a cutesy voice, "<Biiiig crunch!>", and lets loose a massive stream of celestial bodies, even pulling the stars from the background in to collide with her opponent. The level goes pitch black for a second or two, before Tricorn's silhouette is outlined by a huge explosion of blinding white light which covers the entire screen. The stage fades back in and Tricorn falls to the ground, her remaining health bar zeroed out in an instant, while Midnight bounces up and down happily and strikes a victory pose, with not even so much as a scratch on her. Akio glances over at Akane, not to be smug about his flawless victory, only concerned whether he was getting through to her. "I'd appreciate if you showed me some respect every now and then. It's going to get old pretty drat quick otherwise."

Arcana: 1d20+39 Natural 20! 59

---

And since I forgot to paste it in my previous post:

To Isabelle posted:

Ambrose: Did you speak with him vocally?
Ambrose: Something is going to happen tomorrow, I'm not sure exactly what, but it seems like a lot of the players of the game are gathering.
Ambrose: By chance I overheard a phone conversation, and I'm trying to determine if the one I saw speaking was Bishop.
Ambrose: It could be someone else entirely, but I got the impression they were talking about Braxienne.
Ambrose: And I suspect he was either speaking with you, or Thaddeus.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2019 around 02:04

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005





Saturday, May 30 - Morning

"She's more than she seems... but that story will have to wait. Remind me," he thinks at Takano, patting her forearm.

"What can I say, Hayate-san, I'm a fan of love, even if I had to make you both see it," his face sours as she continues with her insults, "I guess you would have a good eye for second place, you see it in every reflection. But you should know better than to insult love," he smiles, leaning over to kiss Takano's cheek before letting go of her arm to approach the contest, "Isn't that bad luck?"

Taking the other end of the rope, Takashi adjusts his grip until he has it firmly, assuming the wide stance to anchor himself. He doesn't bother to show off, but no one would miss that he is strong, "I never underestimate my opponents, Shio," he mouths at her as the wind whips across those present. As someone counts them down he laughs with a sudden memory.

Athletics: 2#1d20+33 44 39

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Saturday, May 30
Music

Akio: You get the match underway and take Akane to school. As you lecture her it seems to take especially well.. he dodges come a moment later than they should and she even flubs an input. A growing expression of discomfort takes over the usual cocksure expressions and by the end of the match Akane is just trying to lead in with a jab to tap into a combo, regressing to basics.

: "Akio, I.. I didn't mean.." As the Perfect!! A Miraculous Incantation! dances across the screen and your Astromancer delivers a custom taunt you can feel the shorter girl looking up at you, eyes full fo vulnerability. "Am I really that bad?"

quote:

: Noticing her reaction, Akio felt bad for having called her out in public like that, but he doesn't let it change his mind. Maybe she hadn't fully realized how she'd been acting, but she had gone too far twice now, and he wasn't going to budge on this. Either way, it had to be said at some point, and it wasn't like she had kept her teasing of him to a private setting either. He could apologize for the circumstances to her later.

: The second match is not quite as disastrous as the first but it is unavoidable that Akane would lose again, unable to outskill you and this more consistently losing exchanges. She hangs her head and sighs as it happens, murmuring. "I'm sorry.. I just wanted to get you back.. and.. this is positive, Akio.. I wouldn't bother you if I didn't like you.." She straightens up and puts on a smile for the crowd. "I guess you're just too good for me!"

The crowd murmurs as they digest the outcome..

: "Amazing! To not hold back even a bit versus his own sister! This guy.. is truly progressive-minded!" The big lug slaps a hand down on Akio's shoulder and beams. Most of the crowd follows this change in spirits!

: "drat, Akio. How'd you get the time for a new character!?" He slaps the side of his head, boggling.

quote:

]: "You actually mean that?" Akio smiles cautiously at Akane. He'd kinda expected her to twist the knife instead... "I like spending time with you too. Well, when you're not shoving my reputation in the gutter, heh..." He runs a hand through his hair and ends up rubbing the back of his neck unconsciously, not sure what else to say. "Um, you want to go for a rematch?"

: Akane nods happily, producing a second set of coins.. that she places under the screen indicating her place in line!? She smiles politely and looks over her shoulder to the nearby boys. You can head something, but you're not sure what it is!? A steady rumbling! "Uhm, I just went! Oneesan, I'd like to watch you face a few of these guys.." She grins at Fujui and Tokuhei. "You know, papa always says I shouldn't even look at a man who isn't at least as strong as my ~big~ brother.." She winks and takes a half step before the sound comes to a full head.

: This is the arrival of the cavalry of the White Knights! Tokuhei seizes the controls as Fujio sets his own tokens down! Several more follow from the Nekketsu crowd. Tokuei draws upon his secret ace of the Blue Mage and gives Akio a maniac grin. "Time to see how good you really are!" Somehow amidst all this you've gained +1 Charm...


Thou shalt have the blessing of the Chariot arcana...

The bonus of the Chariot arcana increases to +2 Speed!

...

Later after the morning showdown in the Arcade you're heading back to the beach with Akane to wait for Noriko to return. When she does you feel a sudden pinch in your nerves as you instantly flashback..

.. you make me hard, I'll make you wet..

.. spear fishing ..

.. pinching Akane's butt..

Akane shares a look with you as Noriko approached, as though you both has the exact same thought. The instant she blurts our something like Akio ravaged my bottom! it's all over!

: Beaming, Akane shares a friendly greeting with Noriko. "You look better! How're you feeling, Noriko-chan?" She looks over her shoulder and laughs at Akio. "We actually snuck off to the Arcade! You wouldn't believe how much Akio plays.. " She faces Noriko again and puts on a teasing tone of voice with a kissy-face. "He says the little witch girl fighters remind him of yooouuu~"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2019 around 23:46

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Trailing Adachi / Back on the Beach

Arriving back at their beach to find Akane and Akio gone, Noriko is glad for the moment of quiet. Going off to find a vending machine, she has a seat on a bench, opening a can of a refreshing orange drink, she takes a drink before putting in a straw and setting it down beside her, Crowley's beak tentatively poking out of her bag to take a quick sip. Opening up her text app on her phone, she works on a series of text messages to brief the rest of the group, starting with Tsukiyo and Itsumi. "...i've got some things to say to Akio, so he can just wait until we see each other next." She notes with a little irritation at the entirely unsurprising revelation that Akio was the kind of person who peeks on women in the bath...

Text Message to Itsumi and Tsukiyo posted:

Noriko: i don't want you to have any doubts to my allegiances so i'm letting you know first
Noriko: i did some stalking and just confirmed Adachi is Bishop. he knows who some of us are already but both of you are completely off his radar. he has no idea you even play.
Noriko: outside of some suspicions he has, the same goes for me, so I don't think the Hattoris have been passing him information on us. i'm not sure they even know he's here. i'm going to find out what i can from Akane tonight...
Noriko: in the meanwhile, keep an eye out for him. he's working with an american woman and somebody else, i think it might be Isabelle? I ran into an Owl familiar. don't let any of them see you use your powers, OK?

Hesitating, she pauses for a long moment before sending a text to Takashi.

Text Message to Takashi posted:

Noriko: Akio was right about 2+2... it's Bishop
Noriko: i don't know if they know who he is but be careful what you say.
Noriko: i'll find out what i can from my side of this, you should do the same from yours
Noriko: he knows who you really are, so be careful... he doesn't know the same about me, though...
Noriko: so... maybe that's a good sign

Finishing up her text just in time for the sound of a straw finishing up a drink to break the silence, she snaps up the can and tosses it in the recycling before heading back to their spot...

---

Noriko's mood appears to have improved drastically when she returns to Akane and Akio, maybe the good weather was having an effect on her? With a smile, she nods. "much better now, thanks." she grins. "it sounds like you had fun. Hex Maidens, right? fufufu... boys who play games like that..." She looks a little smug. "...they're such easy prey, aren't they, Akane-chan? like a fish on a hook waiting to be reeled in." Slipping between the two of them, she kneels down in the sand, looking over to Akio. "hey, Akio, i didn't get the chance to ask you... did you ever manage to make it down to the bath last night...? how was your bath?" the question is asked innocently, but with the slightest hint of something else that sort of leaves a metallic taste lingering in the back of one's mouth. "did you have a nice soak? catch in any interesting sights? i hope you weren't too lonesome."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Mar 25, 2019 around 22:12

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - Back on the Beach

"The hot springs? Yeah, I..." The words catch in Akio's throat. Interesting sights? Lonesome!? That sounded ominous, had she heard something? He couldn't help but feel nervous, even though he couldn't think of any reason why he should be! "Um, well, I was going to tell you about it this morning, but I didn't get the chance." He glances over at Akane, hesitant whether he should talk about what he'd learned in her presence, but figures that it was okay. "I got a bit more than I bargained for as I went to have a soak." He turns his attention back to Noriko and settles in for a long explanation. "I had to run a gauntlet of teachers before I even reached the bath. Matsubara-sensei was acting sentry down in the hotel lobby, but I managed to get past him and placed my mark on him in the process, letting me keep track of him. Next up was Sawashiro-sensei who was sitting just outside the entrance to the hot springs, but I got close enough to teleport past the door without her noticing. I proceeded to the locker room, which is where Coach Kato stood and admired himself in the mirror." He lets out a laugh as he recalls the encounter. "I swear that guy isn't entirely human, he was able to track me by scent alone! He could even smell your lilac on me..." There's a flash of embarrassment in Akio's eyes which waver briefly as he thinks back on something, but quickly continues on. "I had to lure him into a restroom and lock him in there before I could proceed to the men's bath."

He takes on a more serious tone as he continues. "The bath appeared empty, but there was this odd disturbance hanging in the air by a corner of the room. As I approached I realized it was a warding spell which blocked my vision! I could hear someone speaking over the phone inside, on the other side of the magic fog. I scrambled to perform a ritual to change my appearance as I eavesdropped on the call, not knowing how long I had before I was discovered. The voice said he'd been keeping an eye on 'the players' the whole time. And that he was going to meet up with a third party that was in need of help, someone he was looking forward to meeting for what sounded like the first time, despite them knowing each other for a long time already. The call eventually finished, and out of the fog stepped someone familiar... Adachi-sensei." He looks Noriko in the eyes and his voice grows tense. "I think he might be Bishop..."

He frowns and gives the back of his neck a scratch. "I hoped he wouldn't pay me any mind, but he started talking to me, and I guess I flubbed the answer to some sports question, because he definitely started using some sort of power to try to peer past my disguise. I had no choice but to beat a hasty retreat and after distracting him made a blind teleport into the adjacent bath. It was a gamble, but it worked! I got away safely in the end." He nods to himself and smiles proudly.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Saturday, May 30
Music

Text to Akio posted:

: We speak to one another online, in-game. He always sounds like a robot or an exaggerated campy butler.. I haven't heard about anything happening this weekend, though Braxienne did take some holiday leave suddenly and is missing a raid night. We already suspect Bishop and Thaddeus may be working together, can you confirm either one of them?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 17, 2019 around 23:47

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Back on the Beach

Noriko can't help but grin a little as Akio hurries to explain himself, though as he goes above and beyond the point of oversharing, her brow quirks slightly with irritation. She takes a deep breath, and exhales a sigh. "Akioooooo..." she draws his name out in particularly ghoulish fashion, her tone far chillier than usual, with an unearthly quality, like a ghost, or a demon! "Akkkkiiiiiiioooooooooooo......" Leaning into his space, is she towering over him? When did she get this big? "you're always in such a hurry, Akio-kun~ maybe you should slow down, eh? take your time, eh? eh? ehhhhh? it's easy to forget things and makes mistakes when you're in a rush, Akioooo~"

On cue, Crowley's head pops ever so slightly out of her bag, opening his beak and spilling out the voice of an American with a Jersey accent. "<That perverted kid!> I was in the spa and he spied on me in there! He got a real good look too! And.. and.. there was this fat old guy that FELL on me!" Glancing up at Akio with an apologetic look, he nods curtly before ducking his head back into the bag. Busted!

"ohohohoho... you're never going to escape your reputation as the notorious pervert of Naoki academy if you don't stop doing things like this... and to target a foreigner... tarnishing the national image of Japan itself! do you have no shame?" She leans over and pinches him on the cheek. "i'm going to make you pay for this later on, so look forward to it, okay?" she says with a somewhat sadistic smile.

Eyeing Akane, she feels a bit put out that she has to address this here. She talks in a hushed tone as she continues. "hmph... i'd have rather been able to address this more delicately, but yes, Adachi is Bishop. the american is Braxienne. I caught a meeting between them, and they had a third on lookout..." She takes a moment to peer out around the beach, looking for any signs of the spy.

Perception: 1d20+16 31

"Owl familiar. i think it might have been Isabelle's. it was being remote projected from Kobe, i have no idea how they pulled off that kind of range... it was certainly dumb enough to be Thaddeus' pet, but some of the things it said put me off..." Looking over at Akane, she frowns. "um... i'm not sure how to ask this, but... did you know Adachi was Bishop? or that there was going to be other people from ORDER here? this really complicates tomorrow. he's got information on some of us, but, um... not me, so..." she blushes. "thanks... for keeping my secret."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.


Akio // Saturday, May 30 - Back on the Beach

"Eh? Eh?" Akio shrinks as Noriko leans in over him threateningly. "S-Slow down? I-I was pretty thorough, I don't think I f-forgot anything, uh..." It was obvious that he was doomed, but how!? He stares in horror at Crowley as he opens his beak and lays it out abundantly clear for him. The American! How... Full of dread, he slowly turns his head back to Noriko, her hollow laughter making him shiver to the core.

He blushes a stark red as she pinches his cheek and promises further pain. "P-Pay? No! No, no, no, no! It wasn't like that! I didn't 'target' her! Listen! There's a rational explanation for what happened! Uh..." He tries to compose his thoughts, but his state of panic made it nigh impossible!

"Like I said I had to make a blind teleport to escape Adachi- Bishop, I had no other choice. So I teleported into the mixed bath and landed in her lap purely by accident!" He furrows his brow in thought and looks off to the side for a moment. "Wait, that was Braxienne? What are the odds," he mutters, then makes a quick shake with his head and looks back at Noriko. "Uh, it doesn't matter!"

He nervously clears his throat. "Either way, I didn't spy on her in the bath. Or anyone else for that matter! I only went there to clean up and unwind." Why did it always seem so hard to sound convincing when he was telling the truth!? "I dropped my disguise and went up to talk to her to calm her down, she was screaming bloody murder for understandable reasons and I couldn't have her draw attention to the place I was trying to lay low in, right? I settled it in a matter of seconds, and that was that! S-Sure, she may have turned to face me, but I looked away! Then I found a nice, calm, empty corner of the bath to relax in. Well, until I detected that Matsubara-sensei was closing in, but that's a different story..." He raises his hands pleadingly and looks up at Noriko with tears in his eyes. "Please, Noriko, you have to believe me at least! I'd never peep on girls in the bath!"

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at Mar 26, 2019 around 00:53

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Satuday, May 30, The Beach
Music

Akio, Noriko: Akane laughs and witnesses the entire back and forth.

: "Yeah, Nori-chan! There were so many guys who'd never talked to a girl before, it was great! I would've been queen of the cabinet if Akiiiooo~kuuuun didn't stop me!" Akane perks up as Noriko launches the first volley. "Eh?! The hot spring!? You snuck in at night?!" She produces a packet of candy and eagerly munches as Akio launches through his detailed description of Akio Gear Solid. "You got past MATSUBARA? Wow! He's loving eagle-eyed.." She giggles. "You teleported past the nicest teacher? I guess that's why you get along with those Nekketsu guys." Akane cracks up laughing at the description of Kato. "Oh my God! And lilac, hmmmmmm?" She looks over at Noriko and waggles her eyebrows.

: Akane's eyes widen at the description of Mister Adachi. "Bishop!? Magic?! Wards?! Oh my God! That guy was always on me to join Mathematics Club..." She winks at Akio. "Cause I'm so smart, naturally." Then the conversation swerves to other things. Akane suddenly rears up besides Noriko's looming shadow manifestation, casting her own twin glamour to the inquisition. Her eyes curve into her cat's gleeful half-moons and she grins with exaggerated fangs. "Reeeeeaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy Akiiioooo~kuuuun? Jumping on girls in the bath? And not just any girls.. AMERICANS?" She tries to mimic the accent Crowley shared. "<Beeg Ameriii-ken Tiddies!>" She shrinks back to reality with Noriko after Noriko promises Akio punishment later. "Ehhh?! Brax is here too!?" She looks genuinely panicked. "And Thadd!? Huh?! N-N-Noriko!" Her voice wavers. "Th-these guys, a lot of ORDER, they aren't really on board with me and Takano.. you know how the Game is, everybody wants their wish. It's why we fought so much, and, and why we're alone! They must be up to something!" She blushes and laughs, looking skywards and rubbing the back of her head at the last bit of praise. "Ohhh, Noriko! You know I'd never hurt you!" She eventually looks Noriko in the eye and smiles.

Then she peers over to Akio. "... An EMPTY corner, eh? A different story?" She shrugs and holds up her hands, sighing. "I guess we could go ask Matsubara-sensei if he caught any boys slap-boxing the one-eyed champ in the bath.. that must be embarrassing, neh.."

Itsumi: Ryo leans into the hug and shares a warm embrace with you, taking well to your positive reception. The two of you surf for awhile longer, alternating between the boards for a bit. After a few good hours you're getting ready to relax on the beach while Ryo returns the boards when Madoka catches up to you.

: Madoka sidles up beside you and leans in. "Hey Icchan, I guess you like this Senpai? He's all over you!" She grins. "Better than that creep. I heard a tree fell on him before the trip.. hah hah, couldn't happen to a nicer guy." She feigns leaning on you for support, resting her arm on your shoulder. "We still owe Tadao, you know.. but I haven't seen him on the trip. And hey, if you need a room, you can bunk with me, OK?"

: Ryo returns to join the two of you and laughs at the sight of the larger Madoka using Itsumi as something to lean on. "This is a good trip! How about a picture?" He checks his bag in the sand and finds his camera, holding it up.

(If I didn't already, Sun Rank up to Rank 4)

Takashi: You produce a strong stance and grip and wait for the countdown.. then pull! A burst of wind comes from behind and rushes by you and over Hayate, sending her braid skywards for a moment. She laughs as you initially falter.

: "Ooooh, did you think this'd be EASIER?! Dumb!" Hayate's arms harden like a world athlete's and she begins dragging Takashi steadily forward! Hayate Athletics 40! But with greater technique Takashi is able to quickly realign himself and find a better posture before he begins to back up, undoing Hayate's early gains. "HUH?!" She wheezes and balks, reflexively hopping once before setting in her feet as strongly as she can. She won't take to the sky in public, insuring her defeat! Until..

: The rope steadies like a boulder was just tied to Hayate's end. Kunio steps in behind Hayate, one hand on the rope a foot behind her. "I'm grateful for all you've done for me, Takashi.." He steps in close and shadows Hayate's stance, setting one arm over her forearm and reaching for the rope. The closeness of the posture draws foul looks from the crowd. Kunio closes his eyes and smiles confidently before he joins in on the tug-of-war. His eyes burst open and he begins pulling! "But I can't watch her struggle!"

Takashi posted:

: Leaning his shoulders into the pull while his feet wriggle their way into the sand, Takashi smiles at the older boy when Kunio joins. "No apology needed, senpai!" his voice booms with a deep belly laugh, his muscles tighten under the increased strain, the mismatched sides of the rope threatening to unbalance him! Any other person would be bowled over by such a unified offensive!

: Hayate initially grimaces, unsure of something. Torn between delight at watching Takashi struggle and Kunio appearing to supplant her lacking strength, she soon settles on laughing at Takashi as he loses ground. Now her victory seems assured! Until..

: Stepping in a half body behind Takashi, Takano takes the rope in both hands and allows for a bit of slack before taking two steps forward, getting close to Takashi. She draws the rope into a low and reinforced grip between both of her hands and elbows, her stance low and deceptively strong. If her Avatar is any indication, she will provide a world class defense entirely on her wits, although her athletic upbringing makes that easier. "Kick her rear end."

The Royal Clash! The only thing determining the winner is who will give out first!

Takashi posted:

: Meeting her eyes for a moment, his smile is incandescent, the sun a pale imposter in the radiance. Takano joins him, asserting their claim as the true royalty on the beach today, and together they are unstoppable! At this point he cannot speak, all his energy focused through his core to move the rope another centimeter, another infinitely small hair, towards victory. Sweat glistens on the silhouette of his muscles, taut and flexing against the impossible forces exerted here.

There is a moment that every athlete knows - when the goal is in sight and energy reserves are failing - a moment named second best, almost good enough, better luck next time. Victory awaits on the other side of this moment, this valley for the defeated. Victory is reserved for those who will themselves to go further, go faster, be better. When his body begins to fail him, his spirit flares to life; the primal and ancient spirit of the wolf, warring with another over the haunch of tonight's kill. Failure is starvation. Starvation is death. Nothing awaits a failure. Thousands of wolves, tens of thousands, have warred for this moment, for his spirit to exist here. He cannot fail them.

[Ignore Pain]

After a prolonged struggle that draws shouts from all sides, Takashi makes a great burst of exertion that strains his muscles in a way that he is accustomed to. Every centimeter gained is another that Takano can insure won't be lost and this death by a thousand cuts catches up as Hayate and Kunio fall forward into the rush of a fresh wave of seawater. Kunio falls atop her briefly before Hayate pushes herself up and punches the sand, lip curled up in a big pout. She relents a little as Kunio massages her upper arms and helps her stand with him.

The crowd cheers for the rightful King and Queen of the Beach and Takano looks to Takashi with a smile carrying a special pride. Just when it seems this moment is textbook vacation perfection... her eyes drift down for a moment and she silently gasps. Before Takashi knows it Takano is face to face with him, seizing his dominant arm and holding it up at the wrist and elbow to examine critically. Your use of Ignore Pain has led to an uncomfortable cramp as the muscles seize up in overuse and an overabundance of lactic acid. There's a painful looking risen section of blood vessel and although you've dealt with worse before, Takano's face has shifted from triumph to an agitated concern. She offers the crowd a wave with one hand and raises your injured arm to wave to the crowd as well as she ushers you away from the beach.

: "Takashi! What did you do!?" If you wanted to object her tone kindly suggests that you do not. She unerringly identifies and guides you towards a little first-aid tent by one of the life guard chairs and she demonstrates the Empress' authority as she shoves you in and points at one of the small canvas seats. "Sit!" You've got a nice moment to unwind in the privacy of the tent as she leans over the small plastic cabinet in the room, rummaging through the supplies. With a sigh she grabs a bandage roll and turns back to you, raising a pair of fingers in her empty hand. "What a sorry state of supplies.. two gallons of aloe!? Pfft .. this will have to do." She channels elements of heat and cold between her fingers and begins to tend to your wound, massaging it with magical assistance.

Tsukiyo: As you return to the main street in front of the hotel you hear a page over the intercom for you... (Continued in next post!)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2019 around 21:23

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


quote:

Saturday, May 30, Afternoon

-At some time shortly into the start of the afternoon a familiar(to Tsukiyo) voice rings out from an intercom system, belonging to Miho's Mother who must be acting in capacity as manager: "Would Tsukiyo Chavez please come to the main lobby to speak to a teacher? Tsukiyo Chavez!!" Sounds a bit tense!

: Ehhh? What would a teacher want to do at this time? Well, it's not like she'll have any need for an academic workshop considering how hard she has been studying before this trip... She heads towards the main lobby, still a bit confused.

-Stepping into the lobby you can clearly see Miho's Mother at the front desk, even at a distance. She's got an unmistakable aura of authority that has every other worker in the lobby in top form.. or at least top haste. She gives a sweet smile to two gentlemen dressed for the beach, one a dynamite body in a speedo, the other a kindly looking scholar in casual Hawaiian attire and with zinc covering on his nose. Mister Matsubara and Mister Adachi are here to greet you!

: "Good afternoon, Miss Chavez. This shouldn't take long, we just needed to ask you some questions." ... Noriko has texted you by now that this guy is Bishop!

: Matsubara has draped a towel over his shoulder. It has struggled in vain to cover him and he's virtually unchanged in appearance. "Right this way, they've got a nice staff room.." You're offered a lead to the nearby nice staff room, where you can get your choice of free beverage. Miss Teramoto shoots you a glare like daggers for a second.

: Gah!!! Noriko said that this guy still didn't found out that I was with Aluridae, Tsukiyo thinks to herself, but still, could it be that he was here to interrogate her regarding that? And is Mister Matsubara involved with him as well if that's the case or is he an unwilling flunky? "...Questions?" She nervously asks back as she starts scanning the surroundings. "An iced coffee please..." She meekly asks Miss Teramoto.

-It's a very nice coffee. The staff room has comfortable though outdated decor and you get a nice cushioned seat to sit in. You even get a complimentary towel! Before Matsubara can enter the room you hear a squawk of outrage from outside.

: It's Miss Sawashiro! "KOJI!!! I thought we all agreed on this! You.. you can't wear th-that!"

: ".. This is a man's way. It's what I'm comfortable swimming in."

: "It's complete indecent for a male teacher to dress like that! All these impressionable young ladies! Honestly!" Somehow this coquettish woman known as the door mat of Naoki is facing off against your half-ogre homeroom teacher..

..

: Matsubara relents and excuses himself to get something from his room. "I'll return briefly. Sorry, Riku."

: The staff room door closes and Mister Adachi takes a seat across a table with a lopsided leg, sipping at a bottled water. "Now then, Miss Chavez. What can you tell me about Nekketsu High School?"

: "One of my friends is from there? She's staying with me and Miho-chan." She chooses to give a safe answer, and tries to peek at the kerfluffle between Matsubara and Sawashiro outside.

: Adachi produces a little legal pad and a nice custom-made pen, nodding as he jots a note down. "As I understand it you ignored direct advice from teachers, our esteemed principal and the combined parent teacher associations and local business councils to avoid a "big Nekketsu alumni rally", seen there by multiple students from both schools and nearly the entire Nekketsu faculty.." He bounces the pen between two fingers as an idle tic and smiles politely. "And the halls are full of talk of the girl who mended a rift between the two schools. I think it's even the pillar of your student council campaign?" There's something cold to his next line, though you can't tell if it's malice or being caught by an authority figure red handed. "Now, what can you tell me about that Friday night?"

: It seems that Tsukiyo forgot to account for those dozens of witnesses when trying to deploy that bluff! Well, she still tries to keep it cool... "W-well, we went to return something that my older brother had stolen from them a few years ago, it seemed like the only way to solve that situation... It wasn't really that big of a deal, actually..."

: "Your brother? Hmm.. " Adachi flips the pad to a previous page. "Genjuro Chavez? Could you tell me about him? What he took, this "situation"?" He returns to first page and wrires at least two long lines. "There was several sightings of other Naoki students. Many with you.. could you tell me their names?" He lowers the past and gives you a surprisingly warm smile, his tone jovial, upbeat. "I take very seriously any incident that could endanger my students, and there are some Nekketsu students visiting this weekend, including your friend."

Passive Insight: This guy is.. strange! He sounds totally sincere, yet you know what he's about! Don't you!? Well, at least his honorable teacher stuff sounds truthful!

: "And who is your friend, by the by? I believe a request should have been put in with the school beforehand."

"...Endanger?" She tries to sound confused with the question. Better find a way to deflect him from probing. "Miyuki-san and the other people from Nekketsu never had any problem with us after that. I mean, I think everyone is getting along on the holiday now."

: "Hmm.." Adachi writes down something that is quick. A few characters.. a name. "Well, that's good to hear. I must admit I admire what you've done for the two schools, even if I shouldn't say so as a teacher." He smiles again. Almost as friendly as Sawashiro. "Now, about your brother? You don't think he might be a danger to others again, do you? Does he know you've.. ah.. returned what he took?"

Adachi sets the pad down and leans forward, setting his elbow on the table. He brings his other hand to his bicep and attempts to relax casually.

Oh no.

: This is the "we're equals and I'm cool too, kiddo" pose. Seeing it in the wild is unbelievable. "What you did was a good thing, Tsukiyo, but in the future you should talk to a teacher or even contact the police... the handling of stolen property can be more serious than you think. Not everyone will accept a return so gracefully. Even if you think you'll get in trouble.. or your brother.. it's not cool to cover for anyone. You should especially get help if they're forcing you to do so."

: God drat it, this is... This is annoying! This guy is too annoying! Tsukiyo can't help but be annoyed at all of this! If he just slammed his hand on the table or threatened to expel her she wouldn't think this sucks as much as this fake friendly crap! "Big Bro is doing whatever he wants and living with some other roommates. If you want to know whether he's dangerous or not, why don't you just go and ask him?"

: "Alright. Your only listed contact information would be with Clara Chavez. If you say he's moved out, do you have a new contact?"

: ...! This.... This might be something dangerous to say. What would Bishop/Adachi want to do with Gen? If they weren't that close within ORDER and if Gen was outside the inner factionalism... "He's not a Naoki student. What are you trying to do?" She defiantly stares right at him.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2019 around 00:04

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


quote:

: "I'm just trying to clear up what happened that Friday and to insure that nothing more comes of it." Adachi sits up and takes more notes in the pad. "And I believe you extended the invitation to ask him myself, Tsukiyo. I assure you, I'm not scared of anybody's "big bro."" He chuckles, his arms half as big as Genjuro's. "Not where student safety is concerned."

: Matsubara returns. He is wearing a BIG BIG BIG brand shirt for big and tall men, the back of which is dominated by an arms-crossed Tanuki with attitude sitting on his own giant balls. He's got a pair of giant gaudy beach shorts and aviator shades on. You almost see a silent protest in this outfit.. Matsubara has temporarily become the dudest of bros. "Ah, did you start already?"

: "Just settling the Nekketsu incident. Miss Nakajima has briefed us in most of it already.. which brings us to our real concerns here, Tsukiyo."

: Matsubara clears his throat. "We understand you and Miss Kasaya Itsumi had a little "outing" at Nekketsu." Whereas Adachi is a big dweeb, Matsubara is just big. He peers down his shades at you eye to eye, truly seeing you as an equal human being. "What's that about?"

: Tsukiyo glares at Adachi when he makes an implicit threat to Genjuro, and then visibly gulps when Matsubara brings up that incident. Nakajima briefed them about that, huh... She wracks her brain trying to think of a good explanation but... "W-what outing?"

: Matsubara's face is like unyielding stone, a statue of the god of justice here to render verdict. "I think it was the one where you bodyslammed a Nekketsu boy."

: "Ah. Ahhh." Yeah, there was that. "It was... Self defense? Look, teacher, you may be a big buff guy, but if you were a frail young girl and if a man suddenly tried to grab you, you would feel threatened too!"

: Adachi chimes in pleasantly. "Did he grab you and drag you to his school as well? You were absent from Naoki that day. Tsukiyo, it would be prudent to recognize when the facts are already known.. and it's best if you come clean."

: Matsubara adjusts his shades. "There's also the incident where a "dark brown tan girl with long hair" was seen leaping walls in the public bath.." He actually sounds impressed, but they are at least ten feet high.

: "That's on top of the strange occurance with Kato, isn't it? We might have to put down a full ban for the weekend.."

: "We were... Me and Itsumi were investigating whether people from Nekketsu were starting fights with Naoki like a bunch of rumors said. It's how I found about the trophy thing in first place." She crosses her arms and grumbles. "Yeah, well, that's not a 'tan'. And if people are seeing someone leaping a wall that's almost twice my height they must have been steaming on the baths too much."

: "You've got quite a talent for independent investigation. Maybe you'd get better results working with faculty? You've got the makings of classic disciplinary committee.."

: Matsubara grumbles in response to your own surliness. "Fair enough. But you've still got to answer for skipping.. seven o' clock, front lobby, dress casually. No swimsuits. And don't think you can skip this."

: Adachi chuckles. "Kasaya may be missing this trip, but I think we can put fair stock in her being at Naoki when we get back to regular school hours."

: She silently nods and leaves the room. Seven o' clock... Crap, hopefully that doesn't happen when she meets with Itsumi and Joker. Still, she needs to report this. When the teachers are out of sight, she sneaks the message for the group.

Text to Party posted:

[Tsukiyo: Bishop just came and tried to grill me about what we did that day in Nekketsu.
Tsukiyo: Matsubara-sensei was with him so he kept a low profile but he insisted on getting big bro's address...
Tsukiyo: I think I managed to BS my way out but they are definitely going to keep an eye on me from now on... And on Icchan for that matter >_>.
Tsukiyo: BTW Icchan they are going to talk to you in Naoki so try to keep a low profile here. ]

: As you finish up a frenzy of youthful texting you feel somebody's clean, sharp fabric press against your naked shoulder from behind. Miss Teramoto looms over you despite being shorter, the two of you in a hall adjacent to the lobby. "Tsuki-chan." This isn't Miho's excited, happy voice..

: What is going on now?! "Y-Yes, Ma'am?" She barely avoids saying mom, and has been quite intimidated by Miss Teramoto's passive anger for some time.

: "I don't care what you and dumb and dumber there were talking about.. I just want to set things straight between you and me." She reaches into the pocket of her skirt.. !

: That's enough reaction time to grab Miss Teramoto's wrist and take her down! But instead of doing that, Tsukiyo leaps forward and turns back to her possible assailant, the sudden adrenaline rush making her hairs stand on their ends.

...

: Miho's Mom stares at you like you're clearly crazy, holding her trim little smart phone in her hand. "..." ... "... Right. It's cute when a girl beats up some guys or looks tough, but Tsuki-chan.. if I hear you've gotten in trouble with the hot spring again.. and I always know.." She waggles the phone back and forth. "This is my <Excalibur>. It cuts down punks without fail. Lots of stupid kids do stupid poo poo on these trips. They all cry the same when Mom and Dad show up."

: Tsukiyo picks up the phone, somewhat confused. "Uh... Thanks?" She says while giving a bashful grin.

: "Hahaha." Miss Teramoto smiles. ... Then snatches her phone back and karate chops your head! "It means if you break the spa rules again I'm calling your grandmother, you stupid cavewoman!"

: A delayed attempt to stop, but the sudden movement of taking the phone back impedes Tsuki from intercepting the chop! "Gyah!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Apr 18, 2019 around 21:37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011


Noriko - Saturday Morning, Back on the Beach

Slightly red in the cheeks from embarrassment, Noriko manages to look indignant all the same. "...there's nothing wrong with lilac and the strong lingering scent of essential oils is part of the appeal! it's not my fault sweat spreads it around!" Crossing her arms, she looks off to the side. "what kind of creepy nose does he have that he can pick out that scent over all the other scents from the hot springs, anyway? it's gross!"

Noriko nods as Akane explains. "i figured... it definitely seemed like they were working on their own, but i'm not sure what they're after. we have the rest of today and tomorrow to get to the bottom of this, at least... in the meantime we should be really careful about using our powers. oh, um... and Akio... Adachi knows you're Ambrose. he's absolutely sure of it. so you've got to be extra careful around him, okay? if he tries to catch you alone, try to let me or one of the others know, if you can. they didn't talk about much in the time i was watching them, but..."

Gently shaking her bag, crowley pops his head back out and re-plays the meeting at a low volume, quiet enough that the three of them can hear if they pay attention but not loud enough to escape the confines of their space... He goes through the meeting first, and then the conversation with Barnabus.


(( https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...4&userid=138099 ))


"...and that's it. i'm still not sure who that owl belonged to... Akane, do you know the names of the familiars in ORDER?"

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«64 »