Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«20 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



.attak

.attak begins growling, standing strong in the face of the Princess's entourage. When she disconnects he reverts to his humanoid form, various metal plates retracting and burning away in puffs of oily, black smoke.

As combat fades, Yomotsu-Shikome appears beside him, shivering in fright. He does his best to soothe the ghostly, hermit girl, but for some reason a smoking hell hound is not a comforting sight.

After creating his Guardian mask, which he affixes like a spiked crown, and setting helpful notes on all his new friends,.attak fades from view, igniting first like a roaring inferno, then sizzling down to an ember bleeding wispy smoke.

---

Takashi

Yawning prodigiously, Takashi signs off his stream, thanking everyone who hadn't drifted away when the combat ended. Hanging his headphones up, it is mere seconds before he is facedown in his pillows, dreaming.

---

Batting away imaginary hair, Takashi awakes with a dignified grunt. Picking up his phone from where it rested on the nightstand, he sees he has 4 minutes before his alarm would have sounded. Shutting it off, Takashi rises to set the day in motion. With ritualized precision, Takashi does his morning lifting, showers, eats and dresses. Still quadruple checking his supplies, attire and the time, it is no great surprise when Kouta announces he will be late. Before he can ask what the trouble is, his aunt Hanamako and next eldest cousin Izumi command his attention.

"Of course I will walk her, Oba Hanamako-sama," Takashi bows formally to accompany his formal tone. His Aunt knows what while his words are sincere, his formal attitude is just for fun.

"Its really no trouble, Izumi. Come on, or you'll be late!" and with that, he dashes with her off to school.

---

After dropping off his cousin, Takashi will stop briefly to buy a small, healthy lunch, have it lightly gift wrapped by the shop (pastel pink and yellow), and present it to his homeroom teacher as an apology for tardiness.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Noriko: Getting close to the group, you consider what to say or even do... but are promptly interrupted as one of the attackers looks up and blind panic fills his face. "poo poo!" "Adult!" "RUN!" The kids don't hesitate for a second as they flee. The target of their abuse is a young boy around their age, but a bit shorter than the rest. His plain clothes are dirtied and ragged and a bit old, even given the recent thrashing he just took. He sits up on his knees and looks up, tears welling in the corner of his eyes but held back. A flash of fear and red-faced embarrassment prompt him to get up and flee as fast as he can too, back down the way you came.

How odd... but you need to go, or you'll be late.

Ryuka: You wisely opt to sleep in. No sense in suffering the abuse of commoners. You were doing great things in DDW last night... you need your rest!

...
...
...

Your cell buzzing anxiously wakes you up an hour later. Your good friend Hiroko is texting you to ask where you are... YOU'RE LATE!!! A whirlwind frenzy of getting ready bounces your tiny frame off your older sister Ryudori in the hall. She's dressed in her usual mechanic's outfit and in the middle of putting on work gloves, one held in her mouth by biting the finger.

: "Heeey, smolphry.." She removes the glove and beams cheekily. "Got a problem?" One explanation later Ryudori flashes you the bonafide big sister's thumbs up and looks towards the garage. "I'll give you a ride!" She runs off to get better dressed and drags you off wearing a leather riding jacket. You arrive to school late... but your Charm unintentionally goes up(but not enough to be meaningful yet) as you arrive with your sister on her motorcycle.

Felix: (I'll wait one more update for your morning response and then use a default option and it's off to school!)

Tatsumi: The old chef grunts and spits off to the side, heading back inside with only the barest wave of a hand to indicate you should follow.

: "If your hands work half as much as you stutter you'll be fine." He unceremoniously gets you a knife, cutting board and twin bags of onions. A one onion demo and you're left to your own devices. ... Spending 2 hours cutting veggies, you leave with a bit more appreciation for the basics and some pocket money. Your Academics rises slightly(but not enough to be meaningful yet!)

Tsukiyo: You force yourself to rise and shine for terribly tough and disciplined training. Your old Grandmother Clara doesn't have any head for technology or tolerance for excuses and you get right into it.

: "You're sluggish! From the start... all power comes from a fluid, complete motion."

You finish training Exhausted(-2 to All Checks for the rest of the Day) but gain a little boost to Courage(but not enough to be meaningful yet.)

Takashi: Hanamoko plays off your rigid formality by instantly slaying it: she lightly ruffles your hair. "Good! I'm happy to have one courteous son!" Kouta protests but the two quickly leave, caught up in the busy atmosphere of the house. Izumi seems a bit relieved to be led by you and to get away from the crowd.

: "T-thanks, Takashi! I can see it from here!" She gives you a hug and heads off, leaving you to take care of business and get to school a bit late.

---

Naoki Academy

All romantic notions of the blissful white-accented school are briefly blown out the window as the classroom door opens, your own homeroom teacher arriving five minutes late. This hulking giant of a man is about six feet tall and has muscles to spare, his immaculately kept slacks and white dress shirt unable to hide the big frame. The very first thing he does as your Sensei is to produce a small, practical pitch black ashtray and set it on his desk, right next to a pastel pink and yellow gift-wrapped box. The cigarette on his lips is too disciplined to let ash fall before he taps it against the ashtray and snubs it out.

: "Good morning. My name is Mister Matsubara and I'd like to remind you all that there are no second chances on first introductions." His head is set forward a bit, like a man ready to leap into action. He surveys the class and has a firm glare for everybody, no exceptions. "Luckily, it seems I'm late and you're all on time. I'm sure this is how it will be every day for you, so I ask you to forgive my tardiness." He doesn't wait for an answer and begins taking attendance.

---

(Continuing Thursday Night. If you haven't picked your one Princess Loot, do so. A reminder of your current Persona would be helpful for other PCs as well if you haven't done so. And don't forget, you're Level 5! Last by not least, Social Qualities include Courage, Charm and Academics. Built up enough they benefit Skills and some other things.)

quote:

Takashi: Yomotsu-Shikome
Tatsumi: Pixie
Ryuka: Orthrus
Felix: Nigi Mitama
Noriko: Monoeye
Tsukiyo: Ifrit

Free: Kobold, Legion, Kishi No Neko, Zombie, Stolas, Geomental

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:08

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Brackish_Gaijin: accepts the guild invites and adds all of his new contacts to his buddy list. He then returns to the 'forge to transmogrify Mask of the Cackling Imp into a cool ninja face mask. Bracky takes pains to make sure he doesn't transmog his new mask into a full baclava; for whatever reason the controls are difficult to tweak. by the time he's done with it it's more of a piece of black cloth that covers the lower half of Bracky's face, allowing his av's platinum blond hair to hang out freely from his black cloth hood.

Pleased, he exits DDW for the night.

Felix Bedford III: rubs the static out of his eyes with a yawn, giving it no further thought.

The alarm rings, interrupting his bizarre dream. He considers going to his computer to write it down. It was weird enough to merit remembering it, but the wonderful smell of breakfast wafting around the corner from the kitchenette puts the thought out of his mind.

He goes to the kitchen; his mom pauses to smile at him from an extended tree pose.

"Morning mom! Where's dad?"

She answers, and motions him towards the kitchen for his breakfast. He pauses a moment, wondering if mother will join him, but she assumes another pose, and he figures

"Thanks for breakfast, mom" he calls from the kitchen. "It looks great!"

He digs in.

EDIT:
Felix arrives in class, and is a little shocked that the teacher openly smokes in class. When called upon, Felix simply says,
"Hi everyone. I'm Felix. I'm from Canada, but I've also lived in Germany, and now I live here. I really like karate and, well, a lot of different styles of martial arts actually. I'm looking forward to this term, and I hope I get to meet you all."

And with that, Felix sits down, feeling his nerves begin to relax a little as the other students begin to introduce theirselves.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Sep 2, 2016 around 14:32

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo is still nodding a bit as the teacher arrives into class. Morning training with Granny is always the hardest one, and her arms and legs are still cramping from it. Ahhh, if only she could have taken a nap during those five minutes... Still, she waits until her turn on attendance and rises up a milisecond after her name is called. "Tsukiyo Chavez, first year. My hobbies are kenjutsu, kendo, gardening and literature. Pleased to meet you." She says with perfect elegance.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi worked through the bags of onions at an average pace. It was fairly apparent he'd handled a knife more than the average schlub off the street, but he was hardly a natural talent or shining star in the kitchen. Still, his productivity picked up substantially after the first few onions he broke down especially when he realized what the brusque chef was doing when he didn't go all the way through on the first cut.

A bit of pocket change and experience made the time worthwhile, and he arrived with just enough time to get his seat and get situated before the bell. He listened as Mr. Matsubara took attendance and raised his hand with a "Here." at being called. He shifted slightly in his seat, not quite sure as to whether he was supposed to stand or give the full introduction or just acknowledge that he was present.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:13

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Waiting for his name to be called, Takashi takes stock of the people around him. He tries to remember the names to attach to new faces, hoping to be class president one day and knowing that every student is important.

When his name is called, "Here, Sensei Matsubara. Hello everyone," he acknowledges a few familiar people.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:51

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(As an aside, does your character use any voice filtering for their avatar online?)

Tsukiyo: You decide to go for it(Result: 11) and introduce yourself to the class like you just fell out of a manga! ... It gets a lot of whispering going and a few positive looks. Your Charm has increased!

Everyone: Classes begin in earnest and though you recognize a few faces, most of them are new. Things are light and easy today but you can already feel a small bit of apprehension at the new standards set for your education. It'll clearly require a studious, dedicated mind to excel! As your Lunch Period begins you all leave the room and the last few out barely catch Matsubara-Sensei digging into the meal that was in the yellow and pink parcel.

---

With a massive dining hall and elegant halls and lounges, there are several spots to pick up and enjoy a good meal!

Ryuka: Although obviously everybody can't wait to meet and greet with you, you've only got eyes for your two good friends since childhood: Hiroko, a ditzy but pleasant girl with dyed blonde hair and Mutsumi, a prodigious know-it-all who insists on helping the two of you "stay organized."

: "Ohh, Ryuka! Was that you and your sister this morning? That was so cool!" She beams down at you, having irritatingly grown a few inches more over the school break.

: Mutsumi presses the bridge of her glasses up, looking stern and confident! "A calculated move, but you can't be late again, Ryuka. I'll stop by your house extra early tomorrow!" A perfectly precise and measured lunch of utmost nutritional value is painstakingly eaten until it's all ruined by Hiroko offering the two of you halves of an extra sweet roll she brought.

Felix: Things feel a bit awkward as such an obviously different looking teen. Fortunately, you're soon graced by the company of your sparring partner Kane, a tall athletic boy who trains in the same off-campus club that you do. He greets you in his usual manner, showing up out of nowhere and leaning in over your shoulder from behind. His hand swoops in from the side and he shows you the screen of his smart phone, upon which a very cute girl in a ridiculous and slightly revealing cosplay is posing.

: "Oi, Felix... what do you think of this one? I think I should swipe right, yeah. Really my type." He gives you a strong pat on the shoulder and laughs.

Takashi: Less of your old crew is here than you thought. You do feel some relief to finally spot a familiar face, a middle school track member named Masami. Between the two of you you've turned down a few schoolgirl crushes.

: "Hey, Takashi! I saw your stream yesterday, it lit up pretty fast and I hear some videos are already up! Pretty swanky raid you led there."

Tsukiyo: You dine alone, honestly enjoying the solitude and quiet after such a long, tiring day. Rising early to train and then staying perfectly alert through all the first lectures... it's enough to test the finest grandmaster! Moments before you can begin Grandma's homemade lunch you're approached by a tall... too-tall! girl with messy hair and a long braided ponytail. She puts on a simple smile as she sits with you.

: "Good morning, Tsukiyo! I liked your intro!" She doesn't wait for any reply before making herself comfortable and beginning her own meal. "I like gardening, too."

Tatsumi, Noriko: You eat in peace and solitude today, idly reflecting on how hard it can be to meet new friends in a school as full as this one.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:09

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Noriko goes through the motions in class until lunch, working the way through the line to snag something greasy to eat before finding herself standing in front of an unfamiliar crowd of faces. She'd made friends before, but now it all seemed so.... "Pointless." She thought to herself, weaving her way along the outside edge of the dining area. Passing behind Tatsumi, her nostrils flare for a moment before sending her doubling over with a sneeze. She pauses, and then shoots Tatsumi a quizzical look. "...Onion..?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo smiles with composure as she puts her lunch (One third rice+beans, one third veggies and one third several selected meats) aside as she lifts from her seat, giving a polite bow to the tall girl. "Ah, thank you, I guess it's kind of a common hobby, isn't it? But... Was that not how people usually introduce themselves on the first day? Miss..?"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

To Felix's relief, everyone seems friendly enough. He is the most different-looking student he's aware of, but that might work to his advantage, right? Otherwise the new school feeling is not really all that different than the new school feeling in any of the three–or is it four now?–schools he's been to since he'd started school at the age of five, really, except this time his studies are in a language he's a little less comfortable with. He feels a slight twinge of anxiety as he looks through the class syllabus and he resigns himself to his fate: he will really have to put in effort to stay on top of his studies this year.

Finding Kane, or rather Kane finding him (how that guy can get the drop on Felix every time is beyond him), in the elegant dining hall is nothing short of a relief. And Kane's sporting a pic of a very cute cosplay girl to boot! "Oh, man! I'd totally swipe right if I were you," he agrees, enjoying the view a little longer and adding with a devious grin, "Got any more?"

They joke and chat a bit, the lunch hour melting away just as time always does in good company (quickly), and in a break in conversation Felix takes a moment for another look around before asking his friend, "So, Kane, who's who here?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(So far I've heard that Tatsumi, Noriko and Felix would have recognizable voices. Need a reply from everyone else about Voices. Everyone else feel free to put in a belated response to lunch-time!)

Tsukiyo: : "Did you miss my intro? My name's Miho!" She leans over and looks at your precise lunch with a bit of wonder in her eyes. Producing a small bag of chips and a tall soda bottle, she chats with you and occasionally sings bits of the advertising jingle for the drink. "Sparkly~, Sparkly~." It seems you've made a friend!

Felix: : "Good taste, bro." He does indeed swipe right! He hums as he swiftly tacks out a casual pick-up line, then goes back to swiping through the dating site galley. "Hey look, another blonde. Should I swipe right for you?" In response to your question he shrugs and adjusts his cap. "I'm pretty new too, but I hear the school has a real queen of a class president. Maybe we can chat her up one day..." He chats with you for lunch and mentions a few other Club heads, but reminds you that nobody is recruiting until later in the month. "I hope they got some skill here, man. Trashing white belts is kinda dull." He executes another expert right swipe and casual Hello on a girl who seems to be pulling an array of crafty angles to emphasize her best assets. Obviously he shares a look with you.

---

Before you know it the day is over!

Ryuka: It goes without saying for someone as popular as you, but Hiroko and Mutsumi are waiting to walk home with you. Mutsumi seems to be angrily rebuffing a pair of young boys who can't stop looking at Hiroko and making lame conversation.

Tsukiyo: You can't miss Miho waiting for you at the front gate, given that she's a head taller than every other girl. She offers to walk home with you!

Noriko: Walking back home, you pass by the same street where you saw the little hooligans attacking the young boy. As you're nearly clear of the street you hear somebody clear their throat before a small hand tugs on your own from the side.

" "Uhm..." The same boy from earlier seems surprised by his own actions and even more shaken up that you actually look at him. Red-faced, he blurts something out! "T-Thank you very much, Miss!" He offers you a little yellow tulip blossom attached to a healthy stem, something he must have picked today. He's so small, he can't be any older than 10 at most. He's wearing a fresh blue shirt with a star in a circle on the front and the same dirty pants.

Tatsumi: The second you step inside, you can hear the approach of Granny!

: "Good heavens, Tatsu! You stink! What did they serve today?! Awful, awful! I'll cook you something to take if this is the best they can do!" Before you know it Granny is in a whirlwind of cooking back in the kitchen...

Takashi: : "Oi, Takashi. Old man needs to talk to you." He gestures towards Kaname's den, the door currently closed. Kouta grins and grips your upper arm for a second. "Nothin' bad."

Felix: The second you step inside you hear a familiar cry in English:

: "Oh! My! God!" Still wearing his business suit and sitting with an excited Mother, your Father and her are watching their favorite game show. Seems to be a mix of history Trivia and live-action recreations of famous "challenges." Looks like people are trying to untangle a replica Gordian Knot while a savvy hosting gentleman asks them about Alexander the Great. Father looks over his shoulder and beams with pride. "Felix! How was your first day?"

---

Evening and Night-Time:

You'll have some free time. What do you do?

[ ] Head Out (With Friend Optional)
[ ] Stay in and Study
[ ] Stay in and Relax
[ ] Log into DDW
[ ] Grind for Gold
[ ] Farm a low-level Support Persona

quote:

Online

Miyuki
Royal Boner

Offline

Takamura
Heart

*Ding*

Each of you receives a late post from the Digital Devil World's Dev Staff containing 1,000 Gold! Regret is expressed that your looting of the Core Chest in Royal Boner's Mindscape was bugged and did not give you everything you were entitled to! (Especially since I forgot it myself for so long!)

quote:

Crafting Bonus: Necroforge Discovered! Any item you purchase that involves the Necrotic Keyword/Necrotic Powers is 10% off if you travel to Royal Boner's Mindscape first!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:22

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

He was a bit impressed and surprised with the options available for lunch. Though for one wanting to nurture his palate there was the faintest bit of longing for the suspect cardboard-and-cheese that passed for pizza in American cafeterias. He got himself a tray with some rice and brown curry filled with indeterminate chunks of veggie and what was probably beef, along with a little carton of milk and a slice of honeydew melon as dessert.

Tatsumi reacted with a "Bless you" out of pure reflex at hearing the sneeze. He glances over at Noriko and gives an absent blink at the question. "Well yes, but how could you tell?" he had washed his hands after all, but that didn't help much considering the amount of prep work he did; it was on his clothes as well. His cheeks flushed before the color drained from them and his mind raced with teenage insecurities. Was it that bad? Was he going to be the stinky kid in class? Maybe he could fix things tomorrow.

He couldn't help but feel she was familiar but couldn't quite put his finger on where aside from the fact they were in the same class. "Did umm, you wanna sit down?"

----

When he walked through the door he blushed again at being told he stank. "No it's fine we had gyuudon, Grandma. I probably just spilled some. You don't h-" and like that she was in the kitchen he sighs softly, shoulders slumping even more for his abysmal posture and takes a few steps toward the kitchen. "Can I at least give you a hand?" he asks, though he knew deep down it was an empty gesture and just going through the motions. He remembered when he was 7 (or maybe 8?) and Granny came to visit them in San Fran, despite being a guest she ran his mom and dad out of the kitchen (and most of the house for that matter) not letting them lift a finger or work to the point where she and his mother had nearly got into a screaming match.

After finishing whatever homework he may have he hopped online, first pulling up a Youtube video of knife prepping skills, then looking up how to obtain a new Persona in DDW. Despite things turning out alright part of him felt bad about being the only one to 'die' and lose the Ara Mitama. "Baa-san, I'm going to play for a little bit. Tap me on the shoulder if you need anything?" and began to put on his headset as he logged back into the game to do a bit of farming.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:14

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka's cell buzzing anxiously wakes her up an hour later. Her good friend Hiroko is texting her to ask where she is... YOU'RE LATE!!! Ryuka smacks her lips as her cellphone continues to buzz, a few extra texts flying in from the always-frantic Hiroko. She sits up slowly, groggily rubbing the sleepiness out of her eyes, before gasping loudly and scrambling to grab at her mobile. It nearly falls onto the floor, but she manages to grab it in the nick of time, holding it up to her face, the dragon charm on the front dangling idly as her eyes scan the messages. Her eyes grow wide with panic, and...

A whirlwind frenzy of getting ready bounces her tiny frame off her older sister Ryudori in the hall. "S-Sorry, big sis, I'm just..." One explanation later, Ryudori flashes her the bonafide big sister's thumbs up and looks towards the garage. "W-Wow... really!? You're the best, big sis!" Ryuka beams a practiced, saccharine smile at her sister, tilting her head appreciatively. She scrambles back towards her room, having forgotten her bag, before chasing after Ryudori. She arrives with her sister on her motorcycle.

~-~-~

Matsubara sensei doesn't wait for an answer and begins taking attendance. Ryuka fidgets eagerly in her seat, waiting desperately for her name to be called. She hardly pays attention to any of the other students as they stand and introduce themselves. The instant Matsubara sensei begins to say her name, she rockets out of her chair, nearly knocking the desk over. "Oops! Uh, I mean, I'm Ryuka, and I'll be your class goddess for this semester! You should all feel lucky to know me, you know? And, uhh, I guess my hobbies are..." She pauses for a moment, looking desperately down at her desk, and then back up. "Uhh, none of your business, so don't worry about it!" She sits back down, crossing her arms and legs, going back to fidgeting. She looks vaguely mortified.

~-~-~

"Ohh, Ryuka! Was that you and your sister this morning? That was so cool!"
Ryuka tilts her head upward ever so slightly, a look of brief, measured annoyance flashing across her features. "Yeah, she is pretty cool, I suppose... She doesn't usually have to take me to school, though." She sits down in between her friends, letting out a deep sigh of relief.
"A calculated move, but you can't be late again, Ryuka. I'll stop by your house extra early tomorrow!"
"N-No, you don't have to..." She's interrupted by Mutsumi sliding the prepared lunch across. She smiles weakly as she eats. "Thanks, Mutsumi. I'm so happy to see you guys again." Her mood lightens as lunch continues, laughing and chatting with her childhood friends.

~-~-~

Ryuka waves goodbye to her pair of lackeys- that is, friends, heading inside her home. She makes a big deal of shuffling lazily up to her room, loudly groaning in mock agony at any attempts to get her to stay and socialize for a bit. She shuts and locks the door to her room, falling backwards onto her bed. She stares up at the ceiling, a few glow in the dark stars still stubbornly hanging around from her early childhood. Spitshine waddles over and drapes his massive fat body over her midsection, beginning the purr cycle. "I guess I better log onto DDW tonight, see if there's any RP events, or something..." She pauses to stroke Spitshine. "I hope nobody at school plays this game..." Did she really pay that little attention?

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:16

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Lunch:

"Masami!" Takashi greets his friend with a brohug, first a handshake then a quick tap hug, "Glad to see you here. And thank you, though I had some good teammates in that mindscape. Text me the videos? Join me for lunch, ya?"

Assuming Masami will join him for lunch, Takashi selects a healthy choice, and then sees if Masami will join him at a foreign table. Selecting a table of freshmen, ideally mixed genders, Takashi walks over with his meal and gently gets their attention, "May we join you? I'm Takashi and this is Masami."

---

At home:

Takashi nods to Kouta while steering toward Kaname's den, but does ask, "Things resolved from this morning?"

At Kaname's door, Takashi listens briefly for any noise inside before knocking gently enough to be unobtrusive. In this household, there are still things that are not for him, so he waits to be admitted.

---

Later:

With his free time, Takashi decides its a good chance to get some studying done, so after a quick 20km run, he digs into the books.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:52

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo has a nice time returning home with Miho. They spend most of the time talking about gardening and school subjects, trade cell phone numbers and she even makes a few notes on how to take better care of the hydrangea garden she keeps back home.

~

Once arriving at home. Tsukiyo quickly jumps right at the books. No need to play vidya tonight, she is in a good mood and must keep all homework and studying out of the way before a gaming weekend.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


: "Good taste, bro." He does indeed swipe right! He hums as he swiftly tacks out a casual pick-up line, then goes back to swiping through the dating site galley. "Hey look, another blonde. Should I swipe right for you?"

Felix Bedford III: "Hell yeah, man!" He says looking at the image, "Looks like my type." He runs his hand through his hair: it's the only sign of his nerves working at top speed. The obligatory chat window pops up.

"Uh, drat, bro, I'm never sure what to say. Hold on, let me think," he puts his thumb and forefinger on his chin while he thinks a moment–a move he unwittingly inherited from his father. "Alright, yeah, let's say I'm new in town. Oh, and ask her what she does for fun around here," he chuckles playfully as Kane hits the send button and puts away his mobile. "Hopefully it'll be me before too long", punctuating it with a playful jab at Kane's arm. They joke around a bit; they talk about girls, talk about sparring.

"So, who's who 'round here?"

:"I'm pretty new too, but I hear the school has a real queen of a class president. Maybe we can chat her up one day..."

Felix Bedford III: "Oh for sure, for sure!" he says enthusiastically. And the conversation moves back to Karate.

: "I hope they got some skill here, man. Trashing white belts is kinda dull."

: "Yeah, it'd be pretty sweet if we get lots of hands in this year. Hope we get some more seniors too; definitely could use some sage, old, black-belt wisdom, yaknow?" He attempts to execute a clean Age Uke to gently block his favourite sparring-partner's right swipe [Whether successful or failure, it's in the spirit of good fun] and grins at the lovely specimen who is dressed to impress. He smiles warmly at her, and shares a look with Kane. "Dare you to go up and talk to her, bro!"

_______________________

The day passes quickly. If Karate Club is going ahead tonight, Felix is there after school; if it's not going ahead today because it's the first day of school, Felix heads home intending to get started reading-ahead on his school work.

Upon arriving home, he finds his folks watching their favourite game show. He acknowledges his parents, and remarks, "Hey, that's the knot Alexander solved by slicing it with his sword, right?"

: "Felix! How was your first day?"

Felix Bedford III: "Really good, dad!" he responds in English, "Kane–you know, my sparring partner in Karate–goes there too, so I've got someone I know there at least. Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me though. Not sure my Japanese is up to scratch, but I'm sure it will be after this term. How was your day? What's new?"

After supper, Felix returns to his room and his parents return to their game shows. He reads the first chapter in each of his subject, though not overly thoroughly. He's just attempting to familiarize himself with the material for the next day like his parents suggested he do. He looks out his little room's window and is about to take out his cellphone to see if anything's on the go when his computer's message centre ringtone beckons him. Turns out he's 1000 gold richer. At least, he is in DDW. He sits at his computer in the ripped, old, but somehow still comfy computer chair and logs into DDW for a look before bed.

---

pre:
Evening and Night-Time

You'll have some free time. What do you do?

[ ] Head Out (With Friend Optional)
[ x ] Stay in and Study
[ ] Stay in and Relax
[ x ] Log into DDW
[ ] Grind for Gold
[ ] Farm a low-level Support Persona

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Noriko stares blankly at Tatsumi for a minute before managing a slight smile. "strong nose." after a moment, she nods and has a seat across from him. "are you new, too? i transferred in this year. i'm Noriko Mori." she glances down at her food for a moment, fiddling with her chopsticks as she considers what she feels like eating.

---

Interrupted from her thoughts, she glances drearily at the boy for a moment, and takes the flower, sniffing the blossom and smiling for a moment. The warmth quickly fades, her cool expression returning. "how sad. it couldn't protect itself. if only it had thorns..." she tucks the flower into her bag. "...or fists." she gives a slight shrug. "thank you for the lovely flower."

She walks off.

---

Noriko works through her chores and homework in relative silence. Dinner conversation is brief. "it was fine" "everyone was nice." "clubs? i'll think about it."

Quietly shutting the door to her room, she places the tulip in a small vase on her desk and slips her headset on. She wanted to be someone else.

(Logging into DDW)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2016 around 02:23

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(A reminder of the modified Skill uses for online. This is a general guide, not an absolute one.)

quote:

Arcana: Offline: Intense fascination with the occult. Basically useless(or is it...? Limited)
Online: Understanding of game effects and min-maxing. (Updated)
Dungeoneering: Both: Practical Knowledge of Architecture, Electronics, Machinery and Computer Use. (Updated)
Diplomacy: Online: Attempt to friend invite or group invite someone. (Alternative Use)
History: Online: Understanding of game lore.
Intimidate: Online: Use mad bantz to establish rivalries and grudging respect with others. (Alternative Use)
Nature: Online: Ability to forage for snacks and energy drinks. (Limited)
Religion: Offline: Intense fascination with the spiritual. Basically useless(or is it...? Limited)
Online: Understanding of Guild/Clan organization and standards. (Updated)
Stealth: Online: Same, through use of scenery and understanding of assumed PoV of others(PvP) or Mob behavior(PvE) (Updated)
Streetwise: Online: Understanding of individual player's reputation. Limited understanding of Guild/Clan.
Thievery: Online: Barred in most cases due to impossibility of physically handling code. May be used in conjunction with Charisma Skills at best. (Limited)

---

Mid-Day (Lets consider everything at School finished.)

Noriko, Tatsumi: Between some pleasant lunchtime conversation you two pick up on each other sounding a bit familiar.

Takashi: Your introduction to your peers goes well!

---

Afternoon

Noriko: As you walk off the little boy can only stare in stunned silence. He smiles when you do, but looks mortified when you speak. He has nothing to say as you walk off, looking anxious as he tries to find meaning in your words... or to come to terms with them! Back home you exchange mute pleasantries with your mother and grandmother before retreating to your room to substitute this reality for another. Logging into DDW you receive the pleasant surprise of the loot e-mail. Nothing seems to grab your attention too strongly as you perform a few idle quests, browse purchasable items and vaguely explore. The new Guild chat is full of a few dozens people idly discussing nonsense and spreading memetic in-jokes, though you do hear somebody consistently and strongly asking for "any help 2 clear ancient ruins?" in text.

Tatsumi: You spend some time destroying low level creatures in one of the pleasant neutral Mindscapes made for PvE, one of the serene forests. Nothing offers much resistance to you but it also seems highly averse to being your friend. After awhile you receive a whisper from one Tadpole, a stocky frog-man avatar who you've seen pass by a few times.

: "hey pal, you've been here awhile. what're you farming?" A truthful reply prompts a big belly laugh. "lol. you gotta start up convos with shadows. lemme show you." You can try a Skill Check to make some appeal to a new Support Persona!

Takashi: Kouta shrugs and shakes his head a bit. "Sorry, it's pretty complicated right now." You hear Kaname reply to your knock with a "Come in!", his deep boisterous voice practically making the door vibrate. Inside the Den are sights you've seen rarely before but are still impressive every time: rows of immaculate shelves holding hundreds of books from the mundane paperbacks to the sets of fancy hardbound legal code, a gleaming black case displaying lines of firearms behind thick glass and heavy lock, a massive desk with golden trim and tools set atop it, and over all that across the walls are massive theater-quality release posters of the great action heroes of the previous millenium, the Asian and American stars of the 70s to 90s! It's clear what era Kaname grew up in... and the big man beckons from across his desk to the elegant cushioned seats in front of it, beaming at you with an unmistakable father's pride. He quickly becomes serious after chatting with you about your first day of school.

: "Takashi, you've always understood what it means to live parallel to something, to respect the business that goes on in my house. That is why I wanted to talk to you today... there was a strange hit put out yesterday, carried out nearly as fast. It targeted a young man unaffiliated with my family, a trusted mechanic who we would go to from time to time." He sets his elbows on the desk, fingers laced and face caught up in stern concentration. "Disturbing, to target unrelated civilians."

: "I wouldn't want you to be involved in any of this, but I thought it best to tell you. He was only a bit older than you and we've pulled up neither hide nor hair of any perpetrators." He gets up and paces around one side of the room. "Now, I don't want to worry you!" He turns and holds a palm up, chuckling. "But you're not a boy anymore. You have a right to know and more importantly..." He pauses under a magnificent poster spread of Arnold Schwarzenegger brandishing a shotgun. "A right to defend yourself! If there's any chance this ugly affair might even accidentally affect you, you should be safe. We'll always keep you safe, but I want to ask the same thing I asked Kouta." He stops before his gun cabinet and grins. "Takashi, would you like some gun training?" Offering to tutor you in using a firearm... going to a firing range isn't crazy, though if anyone knew at school you might get a bit edgier of a reputation than you like. Kaname's warm smile leads your train of thoughts to the idea that this conversation is leading up to asking if you want to conceal carry or something actually crazy! But Kaname does tend to have some fine moral differences with the rest of the population.

Later in the evening your studious diligence adds a small boost to your Academics.

Ryuka: After a day of dropping spaghetti soothed only by the company of your friends, it feels great to be home. You hop onto DDW and get a nice income boost and you can hear the inane guild chatter going, along with a continual call of "any help 2 clear ancient ruins?" in text. You might be able to bone up on the RP scene with an appropriate Skill Check.

Felix: You share some time with your family before hitting the books. Time flies as you immerse yourself in your new subjects and before you know it it's late night. You gain a boost to your Academics! Hopping onto DDW briefly, you can hear the same appeal in guild chat: "any help 2 clear ancient ruins?" in text.

Tsukiyo: You and Miho part ways at the entrance to your home like you're already old friends! Inside you spend the rest of the night studying and gain a quick boost to Academics!

Ryuka, Noriko: (If you wanted to add in a second choice of Evening activity, go ahead.)

Everyone: Eventually it is time to go to bed. You could opt for a second activity and stay up late, but that'll cut into your time sleeping.

---

Overnight

Everyone: You dream that you're logging in... already logged in?... to DDW, entering the pleasant shady confines of the Velvet Room, a uniquely cylindrical building of massive spaces and endless shadows where the pleasant yellow lighting is not set. The room is empty, absent of even your personal attendants. Instead a single tea table and set of chairs set for two is in the middle of the room, each of you individually experiencing your own private session. Seated at the table is the man who helped you generate your Avatar.

quote:

In the center of the room sits a strange hunchbacked man in a tidy black suit. His ears are pointed, his eyes bulging, his white hair receding and his nose enormous, nearly a foot long. He adjusts the immaculate white gloves he wears and your camera is adjusted to a sitting eye to eye level as the options for chargen spread before you, dozens of menus promising you'll spend a a pleasant hour or so here.

: "My, how time flies. Might you join me for a cup of tea? Many scholars find relaxation goes hand in hand with the following enlightenment." He gestures to the set of cups before him, beside which is a large metal-framed deck of cards. One of the shadows near him is suddenly a person and is serving the two of you tea, a beautiful attendant in the Velvet Room's iconic blue hues. It's only polite to reach for the offered cup. At the sight of your hand you realize you're sitting inside DDW's Velvet Room as... well... you. Not your Avatar.

: "I think we should discuss something personal to you, if you'll bare with me." He sips at his own tea beneath his outrageous nose. "The color of your soul."

---

(Follow up post Sunday Night.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 21:43

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

"I'm way too tired already..." Tsukiyo grunts as she snuggles inside her bed, her head aching from all the strain from training and studying today. "Can't pull a gaming all nighter every day."

~

This is... Not an usual dream, isn't it? "..." She looks at her surroundings and at herself. "Might as well indulge myself." She says while casually accepting the tea from the handsome white haired male assistant. "Hm... no runes on my hand. Strange. But... What are you talking, Mister? Don't remember this part from the Avatar creation, heh."

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

Kappo replied to the whisper. "Trying to get a support persona I guess." then listens as he went through the motions of how to obtain one. "Cool avatar by the way!" he says, then sets about looking for a persona. He rolled a healer, so he kept an eye out for anything that looked helpful in that regard.Though that didn't seem to be working as well as he'd like. But no matter, he had another idea! The bulky chef drew his frying pan and looked for a suitable spot to make a campfire. Once he had it going he began to withdraw ingredients from his coat and start to pan-fry them... some veggies, dried herbs, a few nuts and berries to make an aromatic warm salad. Though come to think of it, he had no idea what personas actually ate...

Heal: Cooking: 1d20+10 = 15
Diplomacy: Friend Request: 1d20+1 = 3 whomp whomp

----------------------

Tatsumi

Tatsumi opted for an early bedtime this evening. He brushed his teeth, said his goodnights, then got ready for bed before settling in. After all, he had school tomorrow and Granny would probably ensure he was up promptly at A Quarter Til Early.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:14

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Unable to get very motivated for a long-term play session, Noriko disconnects and shuffles through the piles of books at her desk until she finds her heavily dog-eared copy of The Lesser Key of Solomon. She always liked ghost stories and horror movies when she was younger but after the accident something about occult mysticism had begun to appeal to her. Flipping through the pages to her bookmark, she finds herself in Ars Theurgia Goetia, looking over diagrams and chants with her own hand-written notes cluttering the margins. Around many of the diagrams in the text were shorthand notation for various types of flowers. She'd begun modeling her arrangements after the seals in the book. It had only seemed natural to combine her hobbies, and as they neared closer to school her studies had grown more intense. She'd need to apply for the flower arrangement club eventually...

Occult Studies: 1d20+13 26 (arcana)

----

Noriko takes the cup of tea, sipping it gingerly, seemingly unconcerned about her surroundings. Strange dreams were nothing new, and often an insight into things she kept from herself. She spends a moment in quiet reflection before she begins to speak. "i don't think there's much color left. is that why i'm here?"

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III: Sits at his desk and proceeds to log in. He accepts the attached 1000 Gold and proceeds to look through the purchase lists to freshly deck-out his character.

To the Guild Chat's request to help clear the Temple Ruins, he looks at the clock and deliberates a moment. Aw, what the hell. Shouldn't take more than an hour ... So he responds,

pre:
[Ailuridae] Brackish_Gaijin: Ya, I'll help clear some Temple Ruins so long as we can do it right now.
After gaming probably a little longer than he would've liked, Felix goes to bed.

His dreams melt into the Velvet Room, but it's different: it's absent the little fineries he's been adding to customize it. He's not alarmed; he feels as if this is all in due-course, another gaming day. He approaches the tea table in the centre where the strange man sits apparently waiting for him. "Yeah, I'll have some tea." Taking the tea from the tray, he notices the black cloth wraps around his hands are–Well, these were his own hands. Huh, weird."

The strange man introduces his topic, to which Felix replies, "The colour of my soul, huh? Okay, I'm interested, so what can you tell me about the colour of my soul?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Night

Felix: You get a reply from the guildmate:

quote:

gr8! meet up 2morrow! bring friends!

Seems the "ancient ruins" will be a bit more involved than a quick dungeon run.

Tatsumi: After a few moments of producing food so good you could swear you smell it a little(Nana's cooking, actually) you hear leaves rustling nearby. Before you know it a lithe, elegant woman with the feral features of a feline hidden by a strange fur-coat and leather outfit is stalking around your makeshift camp, clearly interested. Wearing a matching mask over the mouth you can only trace any emotion in the clear interest of the strange eyes and their focused staring, darting back and forth between you and your campfire.

Thinking fast, you make a terrible cat pun.

: Her tail bristles and she arches her back. "Terrible! What kind of stupid man lacks in manners so severely?!"

If the food wasn't enticing her, you're sure she'd have bolted... you've made an excellent meal and you've already tried being polite. You've got one shot left!(Your choice of Skill)

: "Hey hey, come on buddy! Don't you know anything about women!?"

Noriko: You read about some of the more esoteric shadows and faes of old folklore that tease children with glimpses of worlds that actually match the grandeur of their imaginations. And then eat them. You're sure a moral is hidden somewhere... but for now your refreshed wisdom grants you a +4 Bonus to your next Skill Check to befriend a Support Persona.

---

Dream

: "Think of this as an... advanced trait. Only a few come to realize even small truths in an entire lifetime. But rest assured, I'll tell you all you need to know."

---

Noriko

: "Self analysis is quite the tricky thing. We see what we want to see, reach conclusions we want to reach and seek out circumstances that make them seem correct. Lucky for you, I'll give it to you straight." He draws the deck and without even watching begins to shuffle it with a master's touch. He produces three cards, each gorgeously detailed. The metal tops are flat and identical but each of faces is detailed etchings.



"Aside from the obvious, Death signifies great change. Deep changes, cycles and rebirths, a catalyst for metamorphosis. Though some souls are more literal than others, Death is a normal part of every life."

"The effects of it hang over you. Your period of grief is cruelly earned, but you'll seldom find great people who went from cradle to grave without anything out of place happening. The nature to reflect over the tenuous link between Heaven and Earth is reflected in the Hanged Man, and the wisdom offered is truly unique."

"But perhaps you've had enough of the past. With a true resolution to change, even a Fool might find infinite possibilities ahead."

[ ] Death
[ ] Hanged Man
[ ] Fool
[ ] Other

---

Takashi

: "Hmm. A life framed by excellence in will, translating to excellence in action. But behind all aspirations of greatness are reflections of weakness. You seem a capable young man." He takes up and shuffles the cards, a manic chuckle escaping his lips for a moment before he stops and deals three. "But few are taken by Hubris that don't show a spark of capability. Nobody would lament the fall of a peasant."



"It's the tragic demise of the ruling Emperor that is captured in story. All cultures tell of it and many share the same lessons in sorrow. For all the boons the King provides, he should remember that not everything is within his grasp."

"What drives the King is perhaps most important, wouldn't you say? His inner Strength, his self-control, a creative and gentle nature contrasting the power he is blessed with. A natural thing to desire."

"But is there something more? There are few things more convenient than conviction. All the big questions need never be asked if your answer is readied in advance! The conviction of a zealot and his Justice makes all things right, even retroactively. Like magic! Tell me, young prince, is there a why to your drive?"

[ ] Emperor
[ ] Strength
[ ] Justice
[ ] Other

---

Felix

: Igor waggles his eyebrows before seizing the cards and beginning a slow, lazy shuffle. "Hah! Most people spend a lifetime hiding from their destiny, afraid that to see it might mine they need take the time to realize it. I appreciate a young man who approaches the truth so boldly." He deals two cards, grinning wickedly. "I hope you'll keep the good mood once we're finished."



"Pursuit of happiness is a simple goal, an undeniable one. Nothing wrong with more good things, is there? But the Sun shines for its own purposes. Whatever comes about from the light isn't anything it cares about. It falls to others to do something about it... or to enjoy the ride, as it so often goes. They may not know what they had until a billion years from now it finally sparks out."

"Ah, but I've offered you such a powerful image. Might we..." He performs a simple sleight of hand and reveals a second card hidden under the Sun card. "Take a closer look? There must be more to you than meets the eye. The great tragedy of a secret is not how easily it spreads, no, no. Why... it's the idea that it may never be revealed at all! The Moon alone casts light upon hidden creativity and talents. We may drink to it that they are not alone forever."

"But maybe neither of these options appeal to you. Such is the nature of some, to defy it all and hope for the best. These Stars shine brightest of all, for they understand that the shining itself is all that matters. A goal need never be necessary."

[ ] Sun
[ ] Moon
[ ] Star
[ ] Other

---

Tsukiyo

: "What am I talking about? Why, can't you see it? The vibrant hues, the clashing colors, the wild auras? Here we have a flower of a girl wilting in front of a window, the sun bathing her yet she drowns in darkness." He begins to shuffle the cards, eyes closed, shaking his head for a moment before opening them again, blood-shot and amused. "My, how melodramatic we get, but surely the petty wounds we suffer are the greatest of all." He deals. "At least in our own eyes, yes."



"Perhaps the journey itself drives you. If nobody can recognize the queen before she is royalty, will that diminish her legacy once she's at the top? Hardly... yes, the glory of the Chariot is rather self-sustaining. If the peasants had your drive in the first place, could nature keep them as peasants?"

"But maybe I'm being too optimistic. The young lady I see before me is already truly great. So great, in fact, that the color of her soul now wilts to the pure black and white of the Tower made from the bedrock of her will. Hmm. Funny how these buildings seem to fall, funny how most of them are known as ruins in the distant future. But they are certainly wonderful when they stand."

"Hmmm? A frown? Was I too pessimistic? Maybe this is all beneath you. The blathering of an old man about a woman's teenage years, her struggle for identity. The wise master, the reclusive Hermit, part of the world yet above it all. Do they need somebody to tell them they are great, or does that greatness always exist? Sometimes simple beauty is best in nature."

[ ] Chariot
[ ] Tower
[ ] Hermit
[ ] Other

---

Ryuka

: "Oh my. Sometimes we become so sure of our delusions that they actually go and become true. A curious strength of the human mind." Igor shuffles at random, hands changing style and pose erratically but never even suggesting the cards are out of control. "How might you harness what you've created, before it thinks to turn on you..."



"Talent, initiative, confidence. Action! Things would be ever so easy if our talented Magician could simply will that their talents come forth."

"Perhaps there's something here we're not considering. Every eye is drawn to a fire, but what sparked it? The need to be amazing, the need to earn awe and respect from those around you... is the Empress displeased if her court falls to disarray? Change might always be held at bay if a strong figure simply willed it away.

"No need to blush, Miss. Traditionally the Lovers have represented agreement, different paths, decisions made. If you cannot force your own path and you cannot make it, perhaps you must simply... reach a compromise. Life tends to be a bit easier for those who stop raging against the house rules, so to speak. They tend to never bend, even for good behavior."

[ ] Magician
[ ] Empress
[ ] Lovers
[ ] Other

---

Tatsumi

: "Come come, young man. Sit, sit. Drink some tea, calm your nerves. You look rather anxious." He picks up the cards and brandishes them between his fingers like a set of daggers before beginning to shuffle. "Perhaps you've seen something that disagreed with you."



"It would be simplest to accept it. Although many view acceptance as the end, I rather think it signifies a beginning! The noble Hierophant accepts his guidance from an authority possessing wisdom he can barely fathom! If you cannot be divine, wouldn't you want one in your corner?"

"But damned is the man who does what he want, yes? Isn't that how it usually goes? All the grand noble sagas of men who did as they pleased, those scandalous rogues, those naked Devils. Many will decry the man who follows his heart... for they envy the courage to do the same, they resent the pure freedom they can see."

"The Temperance to accept things as they are, to bring together conflicting desires. Many of the best minds would claim that finding peace is the hardest part of possessing it. Perhaps you can find that balance as well and clear your head. After all, no matter how turbulent things may get, a cook can always count on having enough to eat."

[ ] Hierophant
[ ] Devil
[ ] Temperance
[ ] Other

---

Support Persona of the same Arcana as you have an additional +2 Attack/Damage.

(If you think all three offered are completely off the mark or have a tarot in mind, use Other to protest... and you can train or retrain to use this new Feat, if you'd like. Or work up to it later!)

quote:

Arcana Focus

Feat

Grants +1 Attack/Damage per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 21:51

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka adjusts her headset, grumbling to herself. These things never fit her properly, and they didn't offer custom fitting, either. She muttered something about 'immersion' as she tacked away at her keyboard, trying to get a hold of one of her RP friends she had met on a dedicated roleplaying forum quite recently.

<(( So, um... is there anything going on this week? Events maybe? I'd love to show up and teach everybody how it's done, you know. Most people haven't even filled out the profile in-game! Can you believe it? What a disgrace! Uh, just let me know, if you're not busy, thanks. )) Streetwise roll for 1d20+7 = 27!!!. Not sure if it's the appropriate skill or not!

Regardless of the response, Ryuka spends the rest of the night chatting away idly in guild chat or in RP chatrooms. She briefly considers answering the call for Ancient Ruins, but decides against it. After all, they probably weren't deserving of her intense skill, if they were schlubbing it in guild chat. After a long, intense night of doing absolutely nothing productive, even by nerd standards, Ryuka flops down on her bed, right next to Spitshine. Her eyes trying to force themselves shut, she mumbles, "Good night Spitz... hope no one remembers what I did... tomorrow..." Out like a light.

~-~-~

Ryuka

With a spark of realization, a flash of annoyance passes over Ryuka's face. "Hey, wait a minute. Didn't I already do this? Don't you remember how long I slaved over my Avatar the last time!?" She huffs, crossing her arms as she takes her seat. She refuses to take the offered tea, looking away to show her distaste. Of course, she doesn't need to see herself to know she hasn't appeared as her Avatar - a little bit too tall, for one. A little bit too tailless, for another. Regardless, she doesn't have much choice but to listen to Igor. She looks towards him without turning her head, nose upturned. "The color of my soul..? Well, I've taken some online tests about what color of dragon I'd be, but they're obviously all bunk. I mean, they all give me white, when I'm obviously more of a r-"

At this point, she'd have surely been cut off by Igor. She huffs again, turning back away as he lays out the cards in front of her. Ryuka can't help but peek at them despite herself, listening intently to his descriptions. She turns slowly, leaning forward and placing her arms on the table. She looks down at each of the cards in front of her, tilting her head to the side. "Am I supposed to... choose one?" She looks up at Igor, almost expecting an answer. Her hand instinctively crawls towards the Magician card, and she picks it off of the table, holding it up in front of her. "Will my talents to come forth, huh..?" She stares at the card, feeling the eyes staring back at her, burning a hole through to her core.

Her face scrunches up, the agony of the choice clear in her voice. She tears her eyes away from the card to look at Igor. "How... how can you know any of this, anyway? Did you pick these at random? I..." She looks back at the Magician. "If I had confidence..." She paused again, looking down at the other two cards. "Then wouldn't it be easier to make this choice?" She keeps hold of the Magician, looking back to it once again. "This is who I want to be. But I just don't know if it's who I am." Ryuka sighs the kind of sigh that only the young, the unsure, the inexperienced can sigh. "If only Hiro-chan and Sumi-san were here to help me... there's no way I'd be lost with their advice."

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:16

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Catching up with Ojisan Kaname, it is easy for Takashi to forget this is his Uncle and not his Father. He recounts the day at school with excitement, bouncing a few ideas off his elder, and sharing a laugh or two. When the conversation turns, Takashi is taken aback. Before Kaname can reveal his intent, Takashi asks, "Is this the first time this has happened?" - when his Uncle does reveal his intent, it is met with stunned silence.

"Ojisan, I... do you think that is wise? I... when you told me about my parents I nursed a few revenge fantasies," he chuckles, the painful memories of that revelation only a dull sting now, "but I was 12 and at that age where all boys imagine themselves great heroes." Surrounded as he is by those heroes, he can't help but feel a bit of inspiration and he continues, "John Matrix would have grabbed a rifle and mete out justice one punk at a time. But I am no Arnold." He pauses for a moment, a great weight clearly visible in his eyes. "But nor am I just a bystander... I will learn, but I make no promises that I will carry a weapon, Ojisan. We will leave that decision for another day."

---

Dreaming of the Velvet Room, and the Immaculately Dressed Man, is the last thing Takashi expected after an evening of study. He assents to the offer of tea, finding it odd that his voice doesn't modulate. When he reaches for the cup, finding his own hands, the startle is almost enough to make him spill the drink! As the Immaculately Dressed Man shuffles the deck, dealing a few cards out, Takashi wonders at their meaning, listening to what is said as closely as possible. When the IDM is done, he thinks for a time, weighing several different ideas against each other.

"Strength, of character and of body. That is... that is, I think, above the others. An Emperor is nothing without the strength to back up his rule, and a drive for Justice ends fruitless if one isn't strong enough to see it through. But strength must be tempered with compassion, kindness, and restraint, or it is just baseless cruelty."

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:53

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo pouts at the way she is analyzed by the long-nosed man. "Shouldn't you tell me I'm like the Moon or maybe the Sun? It's right there in my name, you know!" She overlooks the cards given to her, examining them at a close look. "I'll keep my head up forever, and nothing will topple me. I'll dominate in every thing I do and watch from the sky and laugh at the failures. I'll be an invincible Tower, never to crumble."

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



Noriko

Noriko considers the choices arrayed before her. She reaches for Death, and then hesitates. "...death remade me. and yet... helpless in the shade of a tree, i learned what death really means." her hand floats to the Hanged Man, and she draws the card with confidence. "i am myself. i do not wish to change the world, nor do i wish to put my grief behind me. i have begun to find the truth of the world. it's worth the price i paid."

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Capo Kappo

"A catgirl? You gotta be kitten me!" he blurts out without even thinking, followed by his shoulders tensing up as she bristles and berates him. Oh geez, why did he do that? He looks at Tadpole, then back to the lady. "I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. That just came meowt." not even realizing the slip he made. "Let me make it up to you. It doesn't look like there's a restaurant or anything around here right?" and then got to work... breaking down the various vegetables he had handy. He tried to be a little more showy of it rather than usual. Live cooking could be entertaining when done right, and he did his best to make it look good as he chopped through his ingredients and tossed them into the skillet, whipping up a ratatouille. He did his best to make it look like that Pixar movie his mom watched all the time, but it came out a lot... chunkier than he anticipated.

Athletics to flashily break down veggies and show off knife skills: 1d20+11 = 15


Tatsumi

Finding himself in the Velvet Room he looks to Igor and sits back. "Tea? Oh umm thanks. But didn't we already do this part?" he asaks as he accepts the cup, then sips... finding the hand much more slender than it was last time in the game world.

"Color of my soul? Is this like a zen thing? I don't know much about Buddhism and all that.." trailing off as he took out the cards. He had seen tarots before, some of the spooky goth kids at his old school were into them, but he never really hung out with them or knew much past that. He listens to each explanation, and his face paled slightly at the mention of authority and acceptance and simplicity. He reached out and paused as he considered between the two remaining cards. He then reached out, taking hold of the middle one and lifting it off the table a couple inches to look at the art upon it.

"Well, the cook may always have enough to eat, but that only makes a difference if all I want to do is eat, huh?" and takes a deep breath in one moment of final hesitation before settling on his choice. "God may have given us food, but the Devil makes the spices."

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:14

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Night

Ryuka: You hear from a roaming RP group out in the wild that there'll be a big RP event and mass guild recruit on Thursday Night, at a specific Mindscape. You get the details and spend the rest of the night pretending to be cute. When you go to sleep Spitz can only offer you an empathetic "MROW."

Tatsumi: Both the cat woman and Tadpole end up staring in stunned silence at your display. After a moment's pause the woman retreats and disappears with great speed. You hear a distant "MROW." Tadpole lumbers over and begins helping himself to some of your prepped food.

: "Come on, guy. I thought it was obvious... catty woman." Chomp, snarl, snap, gulp. He shrugs. "You appeal to that nature or you have to directly counter it. That's how most shadows go.' A little food buff icon pops up under his name and he gets back up. "Stay in touch, will ya?" He offers a friend invite to you.

quote:

Tadpole *Online*
4th Level Rogue, Hermit
Persona: Inugami

Takashi:

: Kaname grips your shoulder and gives an affectionate pump, raising his other hand in a manly fist! "Well said, Takashi! We'll get started later this week." And with that you head back to your room to hit the books and eventually go to sleep.

---

Dream

: "Well said!" Igor holds his hands out in a supportive gesture, then accepts the cards back and neatly shuffles the deck together. All of the cards wink out of existence, save for leaving behind the one you chose, which Igor holds up between thumb and index finger. "The color of your soul, as it were. Now, do bear in mind that while this will be a source of strength to you, no person is an island. True fulfillment comes from the bonds you can establish with others. The colors of many different souls... that is what will save you."

: "Hmm? From what? Why, your advanced selection, of course. Your actions have already set you on a different path. For now, draw upon your own courage to tread it." He offers you the card, brimming with the power of your Avatar, taking on features of the associated tarot already...

quote:

Choose a Daily Power that you can use as a Fate Action once per day, similar to a Fortune Action with a Support Persona. Substitute your Primary Attribute for this Power.

Ryuka: Grounding Rebuke(Sorcerer 1), Flaming Sphere(Wizard 1)
Takashi: Avenging Flame(Cleric 1), Lamb to the Slaughter(Warlord 1)
Noriko: Swarm of Shadows (Vampire 1), Crown of Stars(Warlock 1)
Tatsumi: Strangling Shadow(Assassin 1), Spinning Blade Leap(Rogue 1)
Tsukiyo: Warding Flourish(Swordmage 1), Form of the Laughing Killer(Warden 1)

: "Rest well."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 21:52

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


April 7th


Music

An overcast day. Rain in the afternoon predicted. You're free to do what you want before school!

Tsukiyo: You wake up feeling refreshed(-2 Fatigue Penalty is cleared!) and can hear enthusiastic sparring coming from the dojo. A male tone suggests your brother is visiting...

Ryuka: You can hear one hell of a clamor going on downstairs! Everybody must have actually gotten together for breakfast! Spitz is awake and kneading your arm, his way of letting you know that somewhere in the house his food bowl exists and it must be empty. Heading downstairs you're greeted by the sight of your two friends, your brother and your mother having a lively breakfast.

: "Ryuka!" "Ryuka!" Both smile and wave at you. It seems they've made good on their threat!

: "Good morning Ryuka! Did you sleep well?" Your mother, Rie, beams at you and sets a delightful little frosted pancake plate down in front of you, framed with cut fruit. It's decorated like your favorite little character Kirby, whose timeless appeal has endured for over three decades! Your friends look amazed, though the remains of their own empty plates suggest they got similar delights.

Ryushian looks bemused, busy stuffing his face. No sign of Ryudori or your father... Ryuu. Must've gone to work already.

Takashi: Things are considerably quieter when you wake up. The morning is yours, for now! Everybody else is home, enjoying a casual morning routine.

Noriko: Waking up to the usual comforting cold and the buzz of an air conditioner, you soon find that your Mother has left for work. Your Grandmother greets you warmly and offers to sit and share some tea and breakfast with you. It's... an offer, but not the only thing you could do.

Tatsumi: To your great relief you're allowed to sleep in about an hour longer than usual. Granny still gets you up nice and early though and you're left with a lot of free time before school. You're relatively certain an old chef needs help somewhere.

Felix: You awaken to a text notice on your phone. It's... just Kane. But he writes that he's "Got a surprise for you, dude! Gimme a ring!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 21:56

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

Dream
Felix hears Igor out. This is strange. Still unaware that this is a dream, Felix goes on impulse, feeling the (gravitational?) pull of the Moon card. His blue eyes look from the cards to Igor, "Well alright, Moon." He takes a sip of his tea confident in his choice however impulsive it may have been.

Day
He looks at Kane's text. Maybe one of the girls got back to him? He calls, "Hey buddy! What's up?"

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 17:16

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(I'll have your choice up tonight, Felix.)

Felix:

: "Moh, pfhey." You can clearly hear Kane brushing his teeth. "Muts up?" Brush brush. "Me? Mfust wonderingf if you have any colpphnge I can borrow." This can't be why he texted you! You can hear a smug chuckle followed by spitting. "For our dates!"

"Got a reply, Felix. I'll fill ya in at school!"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 21:57

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Brother is here, huh? Tsukiyo quickly readies herself, grabbing her training equipment as she runs downstairs. This time... This time she will manage to win against him!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

With a grunt, Ryuka waves off her spherical cat, turning over to avoid him. Not to be deterred, Spitshine smashes his entire, enormous face directly into Ryuka's. Affectionately, of course. ACK! She sits straight up in bed, her hair a complete mess, her way-too-big nightclothes nearly falling off of her. It's one of the few hand-me-downs she owns, from her sister. She had tried to get more properly-fitting clothing, but her mother insisted they look great on her. But nobody will see them if she's sleeping..! she had protested. It's fine, honey, you look wonderful. Ugh. Parents! The smell of pancakes hit her nose like a ton of bricks, and Spitz's persistent meowing hit her ears like a ton of meowing bricks. Ryuka scrambles to put on some more dignified clothing, straightening out her hair as best she can. She stares at herself in the mirror, rubbing the sleepiness from her eyes. "Uh... good enough, I guess."

Ryuka and Spitz both hobble down the stairs, Ryuka letting out a surprised gasp. "Wh- why are you guys here so early!?" She shuffles to the table, taking her usual seat next to Ryushian. "Sumi, this was your idea, wasn't it? I've told you a million times, I don't need you to get me to school on time!" As her mother approached, Ryuka gave a mumbled "yeah..." to her question, staring down at the plate of lovingly prepared pancakes in front of her. Ryuka's face went beet red. "Y-you didn't have to go so all-out, mom... it's embarrassing..." She quietly picks at her breakfast, a clear restraint in her face stopping her from completely pigging out on the meal. "It's too much..."

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:16

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Quick post to offer Felix his Fate power choice.)

quote:

Felix: Fungal Blooms(Seeker 1), Caustic Rampart(Artificer 1)

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

quote:

Felix accepts Caustic Rampart (Artificer 1)


Responding to Kane, but not before rubbing the sleep and the remnants of his dream out of his eyes: "No WAY! Okay, I'm gonna get up and have some breakfast. Wanna meet up before school?" He's feeling a surge of excitement about his date that he hasn't felt since he's moved to Japan!

After his conversation with Kane, Felix goes to the bathroom, has a shower, brushes his teeth, combs his hair and makes himself presentable. He's confident with this sort of thing: he might be young, but he's dated before, and there's nothing quite like the nervous excitement one has before a date. There is no cologne in the house. Hopefully Kane was only joking about that. They're lucky to have toothpaste and soap in the house for goodness sake! But, as always, Felix makes-do without complaint. He proceeds to his closet. It contains only a few shirts, jeans, his gi, one good second-hand suit, and his school uniform. Unfortunately, his choice is made for him in this case: school protocol demands he wear the uniform. Too bad, really. Felix doesn't have a lot of clothes, and the permutations of outfits may be limited, but Felix has a knack for pulling off whatever he wears, even if all he has to wear has been acquired in second-hand shops.

Dressed and ready, Felix walks out of the bathroom and into the kitchen like a man on a mission.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Sep 15, 2016 around 18:06

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Takashi wakes early and easily, rubbing sleep from his eyes. Last night's dream is especially vivid, and he wonders at his own dream decision a bit as he exchanges his sleeping attire for track shorts and a muscle tee. The house being it's normal quiet again is refreshing, and Takashi gets in a quick, healthy breakfast.

Deciding to get a jump on Tuesday, he packs his school clothing in his gym bag, grabs his book bag and makes his way to Naoki Academy. Using the free lockers in the boys lockerroom, Takashi stashes his gear before heading out to the track to get a solid morning run in, hoping to meet more of the school's athletes.

Endurance: 1d20+10 26 - trying to go for stamina instead of speed; Takashi is a relay runner not a sprinter. Updated because I forgot to.modify for level 5.

Mortify fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2017 around 06:54

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi rose early in the morning after the particularly vivid dream. Wow that was weird. Maybe he shouldn't play that game so much, it was starting to mess with his head. He rolled out of bed and onto his feet, taking a cursory glance around to make sure he really was in his own room. It was odd, he could almost taste the lingering flavor of tea on his tongue. Or maybe he was just thirsty. He got dressed and made his way into the kitchen to rustle up some breakfast. Some yogurt would be nice, though if Granny had prepared breakfast he'd of course have that instead. After eating he went through the usual morning routine before heading out earlier. "I'll see you after school Baa-san!" he says before giving his grandma a hug and making his way to school early. Though he did stop at the restaurant he was in earlier and walked in. If the gruff chef that had given him work yesterday was at the counter he made his way over and ask if he needed another set of hands for an hour or two. Preferably something with less onions? If he wasn't at the counter then he'd take a few moments to watch the flow of the restaurant.

A Bug fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2017 around 19:14

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

"a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings"



(taking swarm of shadows)
Noriko

She woke slowly, and lingered in bed for as long as she could, trying to get a hold on the meaning of the dream, so vivid in her mind. "...the hanged man?" she considered it for a moment, and eyed the rig on her desk. "hm. class first."

Working through her morning routine, she pauses at her grandmother's offer and nods. "thank you. i'd like that. I slept well." she gives a faint, but earnest smile, the dark circles under her eyes showing it is a rare occurrence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Morning

Takashi: You're pleasantly surprised to see a full track team already doing simple exercises and casual runs together on the field! You're recognized by at least two people and greeted warmly, invited to join them and receiving some comments on the clear efficiency of your running form.

: "Hey, Takashi, yeah?" A pretty mellow guy in sports clothes runs with you for a bit. "Nice to see you out here. Hey, if you're always this good, maybe you can talk to our captain..." Off by the school building sits an elegant-looking girl in school uniform. The way she carries herself and her long flowing black hair suggest a sort of perfectionism that feels a bit familiar... she's studiously watching everybody train while alternating between a notebook and a phone, examining the latter with occasional irritation.

: "Recruitment's on the 23rd but we train year round." Before you can really make a decision, something on the phone prompts the Team Captain to get up and leave. As if on cue everybody else becomes a tiny bit more relaxed. Still disciplined, still training, but no longer watched. "Good to meet you!" He works up to a sprint and back to the solitude of his own routine.

Noriko: You sit and share a pleasant early morning breakfast with your grandmother, who strikes you as looking like... well, yourself, just another thirty or so years later. You had been an early pregnancy to your mother but the family held tight, particularly as your Grandfather passed early. Things were going well and a large family was making for a wonderful home until the accident. Now it is those small generational gaps and that tight family connection that seems to be the only thing keeping the three of you going.

: "Noriko, you've already started to change since going back to school. I hope you'll make a lot of friends this year... and maybe even find a suitor or two, hmm?" She chuckles into a sip of her tea. "Don't be late now."

Tatsumi: You step up to the small, rustic metal framing of Goro's Joint, which you assume is a rough translation for some Western slang. The door is locked though the store-front is made of a thick glass that lets you look in. A cool-looking older girl with short trimmed hair in a nice dress shirt and skirt looks up from her phone and gestures to the window at their posted hours. Only your foolish insistence on trying again can prompt her to gesture to the side, sending you around to the back door of the kitchen with a roll of the eyes and certainly no step spared in actually moving.

: "HEY! There's my new favorite kid! Get in here!" He laughs at the nonsense that spills out of your mouth. "Don't wanna smell bad!? Fine! I NEED THIS SLICED AND DICED, FAST!" He dumps a box of massive rhubarb stalks on a metal prep table and gestures to you to get it done. The robust plant will no doubt leave you with red fingers unless you prepare properly... once you're finished, however you did, Chef gives you a mighty pat on the back and another fistful of walking around money. You can't expect much for two hours wages but you find a certain charm to money "on demand." "SEE YA TOMORROW MORNING, KID!" Before you know it Chef is back to work. The kitchen can never rest.

Ryuka:

: "Oh Ryuka! How a woman keeps her home is a reflection of her pride!" She puts on a showy little flex in her darling white and pink frilled apron over her casual dress clothes. Hiroko and Mutsumi give a playful cheer in response and Ryushian laughs a bit as he gets up and puts his dishes in the sink.

: "Oh, I know you can take care of yourself Ryuka. But I wanted to be sure... and it's been awhile since you invited us over, hasn't it?" She adjusts her glasses at the bridge, both lenses gleaming with calculated intent! Over her shoulder your Mother cheerfully conducts the chorus of amazing over the top breakfast clean up.

: "Yeah, Sumi! It was definitely worth getting up early for this!" Hiroko beams like a happy little kid... Sumi looks a bit mortified and elbows her lightly.

: "Now as beneficial as this prodigious bounty has been, we're still here to walk with you, Ryuka." Hiroko chimes in with a "Uh huh!" and an excited nod! Your Mother swoops in and tidies up the dishes and even deposits a prepared lunch for you to take, favoring you with a kiss on the forehead. You must suffer the mild indignity of your friends looking a little cheeky at the tender display.

: "Have a great day!"

Felix: You head in for a bit of breakfast and spot your Mother and Father sitting together, Father reading a western newspaper and seeming genuinely perplexed and amazed by every article, Mother using a knife to spread some homemade preservatives on toast for three. The two look up and radiate a warm pride at the sight of you.

: "Now here's a handsome man! Do you take after someone in your family, hmm?" He grins and puffs out his chest for a second.

: "Oh Felix, is this with someone in mind?" Your parents share a laugh and your Mother gets up, heading to her room for a moment. She returns with a darling red ascot that matches one of the traditional colors of Naoki Academy. She leans in close to help you put it on. "You have to go all out in any way you can." She smiles as she finishes.

Tsukiyo: Excited for a bit of early sparring, you throw open the door to the dojo in time to see your grandmother and brother going at each other with insane ferocity, clashing training blades together as though they were attempting to shatter them by sheer force. In twin displays of expert skill they trade rapid parries and quick swings until finally they break off, facing each other again in neutral stances. Perhaps this has been repeating for awhile... before you can demand a match the two look to you and seem to immediately drop their ferocious auras.

: Your brother Genjuro is a tall, punkish looking boy with a nasty attitude and some wicked dreads. He gives you a condescending smirk as he balances the wooden sword across his shoulder. "Trying to catch me while I'm tired, brat? I can play with you after school. I'll be here for awhile anyway, yeah, granny?" He grins at Clara but she only has a steady frown waiting for him.

: "Tsukyio... I know that look on your face, but I'm afraid you're already running a bit late, aren't you?"

---

Mid Day

Everybody arrives at class on time today. Inside you find several students preparing for the start of the day, wondering if Mister Matsubara will be late again. It seems most of the class has decided to arrive on time, though some are noticeably cutting things close. Notably... an upperclassman is currently looming over a lazy-looking girl who wasn't present yesterday. The two are trading quips rapidly despite the fact that one of them is lounging on her desk like it was a bed.



: "What's the hurry? I heard that old fart came in late yesterday... and he smokes!"

: "Don't be stupid, Akane! Matsubara-Sensei pulls the same trick every year! You're going to come in on time everyday and that's final, understand?" The same girl Takashi saw out on the track field, watching the others train like a hawk.

: "Oh my God, who cares?"

: "You do, now! High school is different!" Hands set on hips, the elegant senpai glares down at full force, prompting the other girl to shrink a bit once she makes the mistake of looking her in the eyes.

: "..." She crosses her arms. "Fine, Nee-san." She sits up and turns, taking her seat properly. She practically assumes a position of prayer as she puts on a display of acting like an angel.

: "Hmph. Just behave yourself today." The older girl looks around for a moment, her intense gaze prompting a few boys watching the scene to immediately look away. Satisfied, she heads for the door, pausing to briefly look some of you over.

: "Hold it." She sets the tip of her index finger to her chin, studying intensely. "Kurokawa, Takashi?" She stares Takashi down, the same height as him. This close she smells pleasant. "A track star in your last school. If you have any courage, I want to see you on my field again tomorrow morning." She clasps her hands together at her waist, waiting for an immediate reply. "Naoki Teams only host winners. I am Hattori Takano and I train the best."

...

...

...

Preparing to leave, Takano spies something unsatisfactory with one of you and glares down at Ryuka.

: "You." Her tone is crisp and clear, her enuciation practiced and formal. "A sheep that tries to wear wolfskin will be sniffed out and devoured. Remember that, Goddess." There's no sarcasm or humor. Just a declaration.

: "W-what?"

: "Hey, what does that mea-"

: "We're finished." Senpai's glare causes Hiroko and Mutsumi to step aside and Takano leaves as Matsubara surprises the entire class by arriving five minutes early.

: "... Huh? You children look like you've seen a ghost. Sit down, we've got attendance to take." With brutal efficiency Matsubara promptly marks tardy anyone who doesn't arrive shortly after he does. "You know, good attendance assumes arriving a tiny bit early. Only a clod arrives exactly at the scheduled point..."

---

Lunch

(A pretty big morning post, but trying to keep things brisk while the six POVs are still scattered. Since most of you can probably recognize each other's voices it's fair to say you might start grouping together. It seems that everyone but Tsukiyo has a recognizable voice. Not to mention Tatsumi and Noriko have met face to face already and chatted yesterday.)

Before you know it, it's lunch time and you've got a free period!

Felix: Though there are other people to talk to, you do need to find Kane at some point... the only decision is whether now or later.

Takashi, Ryuka: The wheels of school gossip turn swiftly and before you know it you've both received +1 Charm. Ryuka can feel that somehow despite her own actions, she has become a bit more popular...! Ryuka gains a +1 Bonus to Dex/Cha Skills!

quote:

Charm, Academics and Courage

Little bonuses to Skills based off your actions in game. Although you can push to raise specific attributes, think of these primarily as bonuses and not strictly necessary. Please track your gains on your character sheet.

Rank 1: 2 Dots
Rank 2: 3 Dots

Charm: +Dex/Cha Skills
Courage: +Str/Con Skills
Academics: +Int/Wis Skills

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jul 21, 2017 around 22:04

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«20 »