Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS


Felix Bedford III

Felix is greeted by his parents' warm smiles in the kitchen. He clearly chose his clothes well: they seem impressed with him.

"Kane says we've got 'dates' this afternoon after school," he replies, making air quotes around the word "dates". "I'm not sure who it is, but I thought I'd better bring out the ol' Bedford Charm." His father needles him in the arm with a grin. His mom rises from the table and returns with a handsome ascot in Academy colours! "MOM! NO WAYYY!" He says, surprised, amazed–both! He gathers up his mom in a big hug. "That looks amazing! Um... how do I put it on?" Sensing his fatherly wisdom is in demand, his dad sits up and walks over to help him out. A few seconds later Felix looks at his reflection in the little piece of mirror his mom keeps near the sink, and adjusts the knot in the ascot a little more to the centre. "This looks really good; I LOVE IT! Thanks mom!"

Before too long it is time for Felix to begin his walk to school. He taps out a quick text to Kane while descending the stairs of the apartment complex at a brisk pace, sending it off just before he pushes through the fire doors on the main floor.

Felix's Text Msg posted:

"Kane, I'm on my way to school. I'll be at the Commons if you want to meet up with me there. Gimme a shout!


Felix enjoys the walk. The grey skies forebode rain, but the damp air smells quite fresh and pleasant. He checks his phone once more before crossing the street to arrive at Naoki Academy. Once there, he makes his way to the commons. He decides to keep an eye and an ear out for familiar voices or faces from either DDW or Karate, or elsewhere.

Captain Splashback fucked around with this message at Sep 19, 2016 around 14:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsu practically beamed with cheer at being called the 'favorite kid' though he didn't let it linger long as the chef puts down the rhubarbs. "Oui, chef!" he says in mimicking of the shows about french brigade-style kitchens he'd seen, then gulps as he realized how dumb that sounded. "Err, right away!" in Japanese before quickly getting ready. Hands were washed, gloves were put on, and hairnet was worn before he started to break down the fibrous veggies. Truth be told he had no idea what they were even used for aside from strawberry-rhubarb pie, and at that point why not just do a strawberry pie? If service was slow he'd pose that same question to the bossman before leaving, otherwise he just collected his earnings with a wave and a "Thank you!" before washing his hands and heading to school.

-----------------

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka stares with minor confusion at Takano's declaration, her expression changing to indignation as she walks away. "Wh- Hey! What does that even mean!? Don't talk in riddles!" She stamps a little, turning to go take her seat.

~-~-~

At lunch, Ryuka sits with her two friends, trying her best to avoid the gaze of any of her DDW "associates." She's not very good at hiding, though, especially after yesterday's incident...

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:17

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

"I-I have enough time for at least one spar." Tsukiyo grits her teeth, looking dejected. "Fine, but you better be here once I'm back." She says while heading off to take her breakfast and leave to school.

----

Tsukiyo spends the lunch time with Miho chatting, but as she listens to a few familiar voices when walking around on the cafeteria, a sharp sense of dread hits her. The people from the Party from that day... It seems that they are... Normie students! drat it, the possibility of her being recognized now exists, and being outed as a competitive aggressive player by them will strike a blow at her attempts to become the school's "cool dignified beauty"!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:08

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Morning:

Takashi greets those he knows warmly, thanks the mellow runner for the compliment and affirms that he will seek out the captain. Settling in to a pace meant to push him, Takashi finishes out the morning with a respectable 12km before grabbing a quick shower and dressing neatly for the school day.

-----

Finding the captain in his classroom, Takashi is momentarily taken aback, but upon seeing her sister, he knows the reason even before she is dressed down.

When she addresses him he affirms her question of his name.

"Hai, Hattori-senpai. I will see you tomorrow morning," Takashi smiles, pleased that everything fell into place without him having to track her down. He makes a mental note to get to know her sister, Akane-san, too.

-----

Lunch:

Varying it up, Takashi sits with another group of freshman, working his way around such that he'll know most of the class and they'll know him. He's a bit surprised to hear there is gossip about him so early, but as long as no one insults him or his family he decides it's probably harmless.

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi sat through the morning session of class, diligently taking notes and doing his best to keep up. He had recognized Ryuka's voice from DDW and saw the little exchange between the two girls and her cohorts... wasn't it a bit early for cliquey drama? He shrugged to himself though and didn't dwell on it as the teacher arrived and began his spiel about 'If you're on time, you're late.' He was pretty sure he heard his dad say something similar to his staff at the restaurant and was expecting the follow-up 'If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean.' He did his best to keep up during lessons, diligently taking notes and following along with the coursework as best he could.

At lunch he got himself another school-prepped meal that beat the cafeteria fare back in the states, then looks around. Though he didn't make eye contact he did see Ryuka at one of the tables and made his way over, giving a slight smile and a little wave. He knew her voice from DDW, and even if they hadn't been properly introduced he at least knew her name from roll call. "Hey, Ryuka right? How's it going?" and also looked to Hiroko and Mutsumi and giving a polite (if unintentionally bland) "Hi."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Moving past the early morning, Noriko is moved up to Mid-Day)

Tatsumi: (In the Kitchen, Early Morning) Asking dumb questions just gets you a bag of potatoes that needs peeling, as many as you can manage before heading out. Luckily your attentive use of the kitchen supplies spares you from coating your hands in the red of the rhubarb.

(At School, Mid-Day) See Ryuka entry below.

Felix: You pick up on the little short girl with gray-silver hair having a very familiar voice. The attitude doesn't match her bossier persona, but maybe there is more than meets the eye... especially when some foreboding-looking Senpai gives her a strong warning! She ends up sulking with her friends at lunch... and she's joined by a tall, gaunt-looking boy.

But you've got bigger fish to fry! Kane meets up with you, passing you a store-bought sweet bread and eating one of his own. His ever-present phone is soon in hand and he's showing you a carefully angled photo for a tough-looking girl.

: "I told you Felix, a guy who is a bit assert these days is.. you know, what do they say? In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is head honcho? Yeah, that's it. Anyway, lookit this girl. Her name's Kumiko. I gave her some good lines, told her about my new friend from out west. Says she's interested."



A short, terse profile about a girl who likes "music, movies and club scene" who isn't interested in any nerds. The profile shot doesn't show much about her looks other than a cute face and a pierced tongue. Set a date on Saturday or Sunday?

Tsukiyo: You recognize them all! Normies! Normies everywhere! Well, most of them! Two look like they'd be more at home in a morgue and one looks so goofy as to be unbelievable. A wacky foreigner... amazing. You feel so defensive that you barely hear Miho talking. You definitely don't hear anything until she pinches your ear to get your attention.

: "Tsuki-chan, are you hiding from someone?" She smiles at you and waits for you to get it together before continuing. "Uhm, I was saying... do you like gaming, Tsuki-chan?"

Takashi: Takano seems pleased by your reply. Your continued efforts to meet and greet swiftly bump your Charm. Everybody is happy to meet you and nobody seems to be aware of your family name at all... you hear a few mentions that Hattori-senpai is head of three separate clubs.

Your extended chatting clues you in to a few of your classmates having recognizable voices.

Ryuka: You can feel several eyes following you as you head to the outdoor courtyard to sit and eat with Mutsumi and Hiroko. Your lunch is lovingly made and has a little Maxim Tomato cupcake... strawberry red frosting with cinnamon lettering!

: "Ryuka, do you know that girl?"

: "Don't be silly, Hiroko! That was a destined meeting! Our middle school power bloc came to a blissful end, but not we are the cubs walking into the jungle of the high school social hierarchy!" Sumi presses the bridge of her glasses up and beams, eyes closed behind them. "Ho ho ho... obviously, Hittori-san sees Ryuka as a threat!

: "Ehhhh!?" She actually drops her spoon back into her lunch tray. "No way! We just started!"

: "I don't know if you two have noticed..." She produces a pocket ledger and an antique pen case, revealing a lovingly polished and maintained pair of writing pieces. She adjusts some notes and then shows you the tallied results. "But at least half of our class already believes that Ryuka is "cute!""

: "Wow! How lucky!" Hiroko clasps her hands together and smiles at Ryuka. ... As Tatsumi joins them, Hiroko looks over to him, tilting her head in open curiosity. "... Ohhh. Hello, Onion-kun!"

: "W-what's the meaning of this?! Have we met!?"

---

(Feel free to keep posting in the Mid Day Lunch segment.)

That Night

Everyone: Some of you heard the call by a guild-mate to do an "Ancient Ruins Run." You log in and can see each other through your Soulshell. A few other friends you know are online as well... Tadpole, Heart and Miyuki. Takamura and Royal Boner are offline.

(I'd like to try something to encourage more focused posting without a feeling that "we haven't had any combat in forever" or "we haven't been out of this dungeon in forever." All I'd ask of you guys is that you be willing to keep up with posting in two separate points in time. If you cannot, you can Overseer to passively buff the group and tag along, but I'd hope most everybody is interested and can participate.)

(Think of it this way: Lets say everybody starts a dungeon run in DDW on April 7th. No matter how many days pass in game, eventually you'll conclude it and I'll just add the in-game benefits and "catch you up" to the outcome later, whenever is beneficial to end the second point of view without disrupting things. Or in other words, this is semi-optional and not strictly in sequence with the usual timeline until it finishes.)

Ataraxia [Ailuridae] has invited you to a group!

: "Oi, newbies. Takamura said you're pretty good at the game, got a strong comp going. Even survived a few ganks already. If Takamura likes you, you must be the real deal. I need somebody's help to right a grave injustice. I don't wanna pub for this. You know how it is. You need people you can fight beside and depend on." A voice that sounds like a regular woman's voice, but an obvious filter makes it a bit more high pitched. You can't tell if it's for an insectoid effect of not but it adds a noticeable reverb. "That's why I tank, anyway. Loot's decent, but maybe you'll level some too."

Famously, DDW is fairly resistant to hardcore grinding. Repeated destruction of trivial monsters doesn't yield power in most cases. Popular theory-crafting is that the challenge and/or variety of content is key to advancing your levels. You're free to grind many other things, but DDW seems to be a game that revels in not placing the majority of content at level cap!

: "You in?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Sep 22, 2016 around 17:10

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


quote:

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo is startled by the sudden pinch and gives out a quick yowl. Miho is quite lucky that I restrained myself, she thinks to herself, or else her reflexes would make her bonk her classmate with the closest "swordy" thing she can think of. "Ah, Miho-san. Like Chess or so? Oh, you mean videogames? I usually only play puzzles on my phone once in a while. I think VR games lately are way too violent, you know."

---

Flagelo

"I'm kinda feeling like killing and beating things tonight so I'm game." The avatar has her arms crossed, a daring look on her eye. "Who are we bopping?"

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi gulped and gave a nervous little rocking to and fro on his feet at being called Onion-kun, but tried his best to keep his smile. He shakes his head a bit at the question. "Well no, aside from us being in the same class. I'm Tatsumi. Tatsumi Sato. Though I guess Tatsu is also ok." he says then glances to Ryuka. "Anyway I ummm just wanted to say hi and thank you for your help the other night. Sorry I'm still kinda bad and getting the hang of things. Also kinda funny that so many of our group go to the same school... I haven't got a chance to talk to Felix or the dude playing the dog-guy, but Noriko's pretty nice." He glanced briefly at the seats at the table, but things were awkward enough already so he gave a little wave with her free hand before walking off to find a space to finish lunch.


--------

Tatsumi

That evening he made plans to log into DDW, though resolved this wouldn't be another all-nighter or get carried away. Last thing he needed was any more weird dreams. He did his homework, had dinner, and finished up any chores he had to do around the house before getting some snacks and water ready. He said goodnight to Granny and put on his headset before logging into the guild hall.

Capo Kappo

"Injustice? You mean like... more ganking dudes?" he asked as he looked around at his teammates to see what kind of turnout there was. He also saw Tadpole was online so sent him a quick message. "Hey man. I'm totally gonna remember your advice and snag the next support persona I see!"

A Bug fucked around with this message at Sep 22, 2016 around 22:19

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka grumbles, her face turning at least as red as her Maxim Tomato cupcake when she sees her mother's dotingly prepared lunch. She seems uncomfortable with all the staring eyes on her, but she stays mostly quiet until Hiroko speaks up. "Oh, well, I don't think so, but-" As always, Sumi cuts her off. No need for the Queen to speak when her subjects can do it for her! is what she'd probably say. Her eyes grow wider, and she nods furiously, some of the spark returning to her eyes.

"Th-that's right! That's exactly what it is! A-After all, I am the new Goddess of this school, it's only natural for someone to feel threatened!" She pokes at her food again. "But, still, I really wonder who she is..." She looks curiously at the ledger that Sumi produces, tilting her head and leaning in to get a closer look. Her face turns beet red again and she quickly sits up, flailing her hands in protest. "N-No, that's not correct at all! A Goddess is not supposed to be cute!"

A look of clearly exaggerated disgust slid onto Ryuka's face as Tatsumi sat down, and she plugged her nose immediately. "W-Woah... what the... what's with that stench, buddy!? Don't you know to be washed in the presence of a Goddess?" You can see a twinge of recognition in her voice, but it's hard to tell whether she actually recognizes Tatsumi or not.

~-~-~

<Fangirl> Lyth

Stood on her tail, as to be expected of her, Lyth folds her arms, visible through the animated portraits on the party UI. Her speech is animated, too; at least, for anyone that doesn't own a toaster. She's using her terrible accent again. "Maybe you should tell us a little more about this injustice first, lady! These other chumps might be in it for the treasure, but I like to know what we're actually doing."

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:18

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

"hmm." Noriko makes a thoughtful sound as she passes by the others in the courtyard. Pausing, she stares through the group for a moment before walking over and taking a seat. She doesn't bother to ask. "you're very loud." she says to Ryuka, more of a statement of fact than an insult.

Memento-Mori

"i really don't care." Mori states, fiddling with a braid of her hair. "about anything, really." she shrugs. "we should just get on with it."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


School, Mid-Day

Noriko, Tatsumi: (Introducing these characters to others, so reposting the art Poultron gave me for Horiko and Mutsumi. Don't worry about anyone have a matching school uniform or anything... or we'd all never find enough art to use.)



Shimizu Hiroko, a radiant beauty with a pleasant disposition and Sakamoto Mutsumi, a dead serious organizer and scholar. They sit to either side of Mitsugu Ryuka, a short silver-haired girl who tends to blush.

: "Ohhh, don't go, Tatsu-kun! You smell OK today!"

: "I'll allow you to stay if you behave yourself. If you want to date either of this girls you'll have to get through me first." ... Is she serious? The perfectly professional tilt of the glasses and a deadly glare suggest: Yes. She looks to the side and smirks a little. "Ahhh, Ryuka. We're already super popular."

: The tall, bubbly blonde-haired girl turns to Noriko and offers a serene, beaming smile. "How do you do?"

Tsukiyo: Miho nods in polite agreement with your statements.

: "Maaaaybeeee. But uhm, I really like them. I saved up all summer when I saw a commercial for Devil Worlds. It's really fun... maybe you could try it?" She anxiously pokes her utensils into her meal, watching for your reply.

---

Ancient Ruins Run

: "Injustice... this was worse than any gank. I don't like to think about it, but we can't trust each other if I keep it from you. Come on in." She sends group invites to all of you and accepting prompts a quick teleport to her Violet Room, a tidy work studio and office suite spread across the cylinder in perfectly equal spacing. Her attendant is a young boy dressed in a darling velvet blue tuxedo with pure white hair in a short bowl cut. Ataraxia herself...



Is a three foot tall ant-person, a halfling-sized stout warrior woman clad in light plate and leathers, carrying a small armory's worth of weapons, a bolt quiver and a heavy wooden shield. She has extra arms and large mandibles and antennae... and in person her voice sounds even higher and chipper. It's like she's a living mascot character!

: "The Ancient Ruins Run is a race to clear a dungeon with multiple points of entry, suiting up to 30 people, even acting independently. The front of it is an all-access brawl... obviously everyone cut down at the start won't bother you later. I solo-queued to test my mettle and was having a good brawl, almost ready to bow out when I reached my limit. Another player and his friends suddenly topped me off with heals and rallied to clear those I was fighting, giving us nearly ten down to start! We partied up and cleared the dungeon... it was great to team up with good players! When we reached the end and were the last ones standing..."

: "That's when IT happened." Her attendant dutifully trots over, holding a carton of tissues with both hands and a formal pose. Ataraxia takes one and dabs at her opaque eyes. "We pulled the boss... and when it was nearly beaten and my Mark was fresh, they held back!" Three of her hands make fists and tremble with anger! "And that horrible man said things you should never say! They called me a stupid girl! They told me to quit playing, that I was embarrassing myself!" She clicks with fury! "Foul, dirty language and awful curses. They used that word... that word starting with C... and they watched me die before clearing everything out and leaving." She blows into the tissue and tosses it over her shoulder, her attendant rushing off to get a dust pan. "It was so rude and awful and it wasted my whole night. I was so mad!" She quickly composes herself and crosses her arms 2x. "We'll queue when you're ready. Be ready for a strong fight to start, to move fast, and a tough boss to finish."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:13

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi was visibly tense at the mention of his oniony aroma from yesterday, though does relax a bit at Hiroko reassuring him he didn't smell bad today. Or maybe it was a setup. Either way, he took her at face value and gave a smile as he sat at the table though keeping proper distance from the girls. He blinked though at Mutsumi so bluntly mentioning dating any of them and reached back to scratch the back of his head. "Eh? Oh umm whoa no you totally got the wrong idea. I just wanted to say hi. Don't take it the wrong way, but no one here is really my type." and gulps as he then takes a bite of rice. He also gave a friendly little wave to Noriko before looking to Ryuka. "A goddess? Is that like, a local figure of speech?" not having heard anyone seriously refer to themselves as such. "Nice cupcake by the way." he says with genuine sincerity and not a trace of sarcasm while tearing off a little piece of melon pan.

----------

Capo Kappo

Kappo listened intently to the story followed by a soft 'dang' as Ataraxia finished up her tale. "That's just cold. At least a ganking they're honest about it. I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'm in." and took a moment to check his inventory and make sure he was prepared as can be. "So what if they're back, do you think they'll want a fight, or just let us do our thing?"

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Lunch:

Before lunch period is over, Takashi makes a point to visit Ryuka, Horiko, Mutsumi, and Tatsumi.

"Hey guys, sorry to interrupt but I recognized some voices," it is obvious to those present that it is .attak speaking, "I'm Takashi, its good to meet you guys."

-----

At home:

After dinner, Takashi lifts for a bit before signing in to DDW. He's probably a bit late to the party, but he sets up his stream while gearing up for the evening with the group,

-----

.attak

.attak listens quietly to Ataraxia, either out of deference or because his player is distracted. In any event, when Ataraxia finishes he adds a simple, "Ain't nobody f's with tiny ant lady. Ain't nobody," which seems to be an older meme, but it checks out.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Plutonis posted:

Tsukiyo

"Ah, I... Think I heard about it." The student tries to keep a poker face while saying that. "If I have any time for it though, there's so much stuff to take care of back home."

Flagelo

"See, that's why I usually solo." Flagelo does the eyeroll emote and crosses her arms. "Yeah, fine. I'm not gonna give up midway if you gently caress up and if those guys come I can do short work of them." She's quite aloof with this.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka huffs, becoming visibly annoyed. "H-How on earth did you find me? I used a different voice and everything! It's a flawless disguise, you know! I worked very hard on that voice!" Her face grows red. "N-Not your type..!? A Goddess is everyone's type!" She bats at Hiroko, ignoring Capo's Cupcake Comment. "Aren't you supposed to be my bodyguard!? L-Look, more people are coming now! How dare they approach a Goddess!?" She places her hands behind her head and leans forward on the table as two more people arrive at the table, shaking visibly. "Th-this isn't what I wanted at all... good Lord..."

~-~-~

<Fangirl> Lyth

"Wh-what!?" Her accent had dropped in her indignation. "That story was a little too long, but... don't tell me they called you... a casual?" She clapped her paws over her mouth in surprise. "We must right this injustice at once! Nobody with such a cool avatar could possibly be considered a casual by any metric! Let's go!"

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:18

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

Noriko offers Hiroko a slight smile. "very well, thank you." she patiently waits out Ryuka's tirade before answering. "...you're very loud." she says with a wry chuckle and a faint hint of a smirk.

Memento-Mori

"how unbearably rude." the story seems to have perked her up, as much as a corpse can be perked, anyway. "you took them that far and they bailed on you? that's low. is this a pvp area? if it is, you'll have to point them out to us if you see them."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Mid-Day

: "Oh, you're so cheerful! I can tell we'll be good friends!" She looks to Takashi and smiles radiantly, clasping her hands together. "Hello!"

: "I can see you know how to pick your battles, Tatsumi." She adjusts her glasses again, full of smug pride. She regards Takashi cooly and whispers to Ryuka. "I bet you can form a power bloc right under Takano's nose at this rate."

Lunch will end soon, so time for conversation is short. With the exception of Tsukiyo and Felix you meet up with several members of your DDW Soulshell. Exchanging telephone numbers means you can contact on another at any time via calls or texts. Or even share images, links and dank memes. Amazing! (Feel free to finish up or continue conversations via the magic of digital media.)

---

Tsukiyo:

: "You could visit my place some day." Miho smiles warmly.

---

Evening

Tsukiyo: Miho walks home with you again, this time the two of you finding Genjuro loitering outside the gate to the house.

: "Ah ah ah..." He sighs and shakes his head in a big show of condescending concern. "I see you're already busy, little one. I guess being popular is more important than matters of strength." An overly formal way of speaking hiding a rough edge! "Chh. Maybe I really will live here awhile. Somebody has to put you on a good path, kid." He heads inside, waving to you both dismissively. Doesn't even give you a chance to reply... !

: "..." Quiet the entire time, Miho watches Genjuro go, then looks to Miho with a little polite smile. "I have some extra time today, if you wanted to hang out..."

---

The school day finishes more quickly than you'd expect and before you know it you're heading back home. You wager things will pick up a bit when clubs actively recruit, though you could always seek them out a bit early. Takashi's already found one! But for now your evening is occupied by the Ancient Ruins Run (PoV splits here.)

April 8th


Morning

Everyone: You wake up to a gray sky and gentle rain, still enough to warrant umbrellas. It's quite cool for a Spring day and there's light winds. You have the usual morning free time to yourself with the exception of Takashi, expected at the school's athletics field early. This Free Time before School is yours.

---

Ancient Ruins Run

: She blinks several times, which is quite a sight with the multi-layered insect-style eyelids. "I knew I could count on guildies! It's a PvP thing... but there's only one bastard we should watch out for. Geitair is his name. Unguildied too! I dunno if the others are gonna be with him, but with you guys we'll be ready for anything!"

(Assuming you've all leveled to 5, all purchases are made and you've picked the Support Persona you wanted.)

You have room for an outside Overseer. You could invite Tadpole or Miyuki.

Brackish_Gaijin acts as Overseer, granting your group the Killing Blow passive: Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!

---








SURPRISE ROUND: You may take a Full Round's Worth of Actions, but you cannot Attack anyone!

INSTANCE BEGINS IN: 0:24

For the moment all is quiet as groups of interested Avatars approach the sealed entrance to the Ancient Ruins, embodied as it is in a pleasant temperate Jungle tileset. Though a Mindscape as any other, it is crafted with the Dev Team's personal touch, a bit more refined than usual, but also a bit more neutral and robotic... everything has to pass muster for as many players as possible as typical MMO design goes. Everybody you can see is currently unattackable... as are you to them!

You spy a large group led by two hulking aquatic men, one a giant Whale-Man carrying a massive anchor that matches the design of the tatoo on his colossal bicep, the other arm featuring a traditional MOM inside a Heart. The other is a crueler looking sharp-jawed angler man holding a massive saw-toothed sword. They flank either side of an august looking bird-woman sage and a dapper looking gun-smith magi.

<Big> Palooka [Fishy Git]
Sonny Jim Boy [Fishy Git]
Drusilla <the Divine> [Divinity]
Flashcapper


They look like a well organized group! On the far side of the temple and at a distance where the game puts in the little touch that you can't actually target them or see their screen names are some ominous looking gents, including a giant horn skulled fellow even bigger than the Fishy Gits! Even further than them seem to be a small group of people who are trying to find the courage to approach... or are waiting for something...

And sitting directly at the gate in an emotion of cross-legged meditation is a simple middle-aged man Avatar with a fierce mustache. Well-muscled and with a ferocious countenance, 2 Swole 2 Control waits alone in a position of maximum stated intent!

: "He's not here... he's a big lizard-man. Keep your heads on str8, this'll be a bloodbath soon."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:14

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

"Ah, brother." Tsukiyo says while keeping her cool on. "Yeah, I'm going to go out with a friend so there won't be time for our appointment." Fine by me, she thinks to herself, if you're staying it means I have all the time in the world to show how stronger I am. And after you it's gonna be grandma to look at me from the defeated side, hoo hoo hoo! She gives an incredibly wolfish grin as Genjuro enters the house, only to rescind it a second after as she remembers Miho is there. "Oh, want to watch a series? I started watching this mystery drama lately."

Day After

Rainy day means bad day for exercise. So she's going to do her homework ahead of time and try to score some free time to play at night!

Flagelo

"Fine by me. I'm prepared for this. Activating long range measures." Flagelo's weapon starts to shift, her large multicolored sword quickly morphing into a white longbow with several rainbow streaks around it.

Taking Battle Wrath Stance, starting with Longbow drawn, wielding Ifrit as support.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


<Fangirl> Lyth

Lyth sits back on her tail, snapping her fingers. The flames on her shoulders flare up and cover the rest of her body. "Ugh... I hate PvP," she scoffs, an ear drooping to one side. "How long is this thing going to take, anyway? None of them seem particularly challenging for someone of my caliber. Can't you just find out where your lizard man is so we can get your revenge sooner?"

Casting Lesser Produce Flame.

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:18

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



.attak

.attak takes a few tentative steps forward, readying himself for combat. Though there isn't much he can do now, he reviews his power list gleefully, grinning at a lot of new toys.

  • Move to M26.


pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 59/59 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 14/14 (V: 14)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [4/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
Conductive Defense                                      [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Concussive Spike                                        [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.
Molten: DR7 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


April 8th


Morning
Music

(I'd appreciate it if everybody added their Charm/Courage/Academics dots to their combat sheet in their next post. Add ranks if you've gotten any, otherwise Rank 0.)

Tsukiyo: You improve your Academics by another dot, using this time to study hard. You can hear sparring in the household but it'll soon be time for school.

Takashi: Arriving at the track you spot the rest of the regulars from yesterday dressed to train and actively running with or without umbrellas. Takano is there as well, running with an umbrella in her gym clothes. It might take some of the edge off her formal image to see her dressed casually if she wasn't moving up and down the track with military precision, correcting form, demanding times and occasionally offering or seizing an umbrella.

Everyone Else: Even a sleepy rainy morning will pass quickly. Your free time is fleeting...

---

Ancient Ruins Run

(Everybody is up by Saturday Morning!)

Timer: 0:00

Your vision is temporarily super-imposed with a black screen as everybody experiences a two-second load.



As the timer vanishes and the translucent template fades, the massive apparatus at the center of the ruins ignites! It begins to slowly spin, parts of its inner wheel separating and freely rotating in mid-air. Generating strange magical energies it begins to bleed power into the ground around it, spreading rapidly! 2 Swole steps into the aura and begins channeling! Most of the Fishy Gits begin to rush towards your group while their Bird Sage steps into the aura and also begins channeling! On the South side of the temple the rubberneckers find their courage and rush the big guy while two separate casters begin dueling!

: "doge! im on right!" Her voice excited and childish, Ataraxia prepares to Charge the Fishy Gits!

Minor Action: Begin Channeling until Damaged. At the end of your next turn with another Minor spent, open the path to the Ruins!




2 Swole: AC/F/R/W: 24/24/24/24
Palooka(Whale): AC/F/R/W: 23/22/18/16
Sonny Jim Boy(Fish): AC/F/R/W: 22/23/19/15
Drusilla(Bird): AC/F/R/W 19/18/21/24
Flashcapper(Hat): AC/F/R/W: 21/17/21/17

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:14

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Flagelo

"They should add skirmish mode or something. Waiting here is kind of a bore."

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 53/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	14	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [ ] [ ] Power Strike           [ ] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp
                         
Fate
Warding Flourish
               
Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant
+2 Damage +2 Bull Rush when Charging

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold

IRL Stats
Academics **
Charm *
Courage *

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:11

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsu rubbed his head a little and then his eyes, stifling a yawn as he sat up out of bed. He looked out the window and knew it was raining even before seeing it thanks to the calming sound of raindrops on the roof and streets. Too bad it was a schoolday, this would be perfect inside weather for a day off. He got dressed and made his way to the kitchen, wishing Granny a 'good morning' if she was up and about. He went through his morning routine as usual, though rather than leaving early he decided to stay in a bit. Hopefully the rain would clear, and it gave him the opportunity to catch up on his studies or review his homework before making the walk to school.

----------------------

Capo Kappo

Kappo gripped his knife and skillet tight as he surveys the ruins and took note of the opposing groups. He learned his lesson (hopefully) from last time and kept patient, instead opening up a quick message to Tadpole.

"Hey man, we're doing an Ancient Ruins run. You ever been there before or have any advice? Or if you're not doing anything would you wanna Overseer?"

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal
Charm: 0		Courage:	0	Academics: 1

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Shield of Protection
			[ ] Executioner's Call		[ ] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Words of Bravery		[ ] Strangling Shadow


Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!

[b]Persona:
[b]Fortune Points: 2
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Noriko

Noriko had waited out most of her morning. The conditions had to be right. She had kept the shades dark and the air conditioner running, leaving the room with a grave chill that lingered in the corners of the space. Unrolling a red carpet onto the center of her floor, she begins her work. Setting up a candle at the cardinal points, she leads a trail of salt between the candles, in the shape of a nine-point star, placing herself in the center. The Lesser Key Of Solomon sits in her lap, and in her hand is an assortment of flowers, wilted in various states of decay. Standing in the center, she places a bowl of chiseled bone at her feet, and kneels. Soon, she begins arranging long strands of salt within the nine-point star, overlaying it with a single symbol, resembling a bridge with a number of sigils rounding the outside... "FURFUR".


Standing in the circle, she began a chat: "furfur-sama... the thirty-fourth spirit. O, great and mighty Earl, I pay homage to you. Teach my flowers the secrets of death, so that they may understand as I have

She arranges the flowers within the circle; the lily from the boy the other day, a handful of dried black roses, and a dozen other carefully selected blooms, all wilted and fading. For a while, she prays, in some gibberish she learned in the books, her hands resting just over the salt lines on the floor. After a moment, she feels satisfied. "It is done." she swipes away the salt and packs up her ritual pieces. Taking each of the flowers, she begins her arrangement, but feels a bit of frustration as it doesn't turn out the way she wanted it. She takes a moment to lean back and take a look at the arrangement she built.

Occult Flower Arrangement: 1d20+13 14

(mori post soon)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Mid-Day, April 8th(Wednesday)

Takashi: (Still waiting a bit here.)

Noriko: You feel that a lot more exact detail could've been done here. A meticulous hour or two of flower arranging goes a long way towards creating a timeless display! You do feel a chill omen as you leave your home, the passing shadows in the alleys of the suburbs seeming a bit more mysterious today.

Everybody: The morning passes and you head to school, finding that time flies when it isn't in class.

Soon lunch period and some more free time comes. How are you spending it?

---

Ancient Ruins Run

(Next Round Sunday Late Night/Monday Morning.)

Drusilla and Swole begin their channeling! Ataraxia, Palooka and Jim all simultaneously charge, meeting each other head on with a dynamic crash! Ataraxia parries the two with shield and sword across three hands and with her fourth draws her crossbow, firing a bolt at Drusilla to Mark her and applying a Toxic Wound that does not interrupt her channel. With a wild scream your little friend Critically slams her blade into Palooka's gut, dealing 18 Damage to him and applying a Mark and Toxic Wound!

: "Oi... dey're fightin' real rough-like!"

: "Rough 'em up den!" Together the two flank and swing for Ataraxia, smashing her for 12 Damage and forcing her to grant Combat Advantage UEONT! Flashcapper dashes up to Ataraxia and Shifts before an attack, attempting to flip positions with her but falls short, his blade bouncing off her shield. With a "Tch" he gestures and applies a Marking sigil to her.

: "Wh... WHAT R U DOIN!!!" Ataraxia looks over her shoulder and screams shrilly at your group! "PULL! PULL!"



Ataraxia: HP: 37/49 AC/F/R/W: 22/20/16/15, Marked(Flashcapper)

Palooka(Whale): Damage Taken: 20 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/18/16, Mark(Ataraxia, Ongoing 2 Poison)
Atk +9
Sonny Jim Boy(Fish): AC/F/R/W: 22/23/19/15
Atk +9, Barbarian
Drusilla(Bird): Damage Taken: 2, AC/F/R/W 19/18/21/24, Mark(Ataraxia, Ongoing 2 Poison)
Flashcapper(Hat): AC/F/R/W: 21/17/21/17
Atk +8, Swordmage

2 Swole: AC/F/R/W: 24/24/24/24

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:14

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011






Morning: Tsukiyo this time wakes up a bit later, tired after the gaming all-nighter. Still, that was one hell of a fight, wasn't it?

Lunch: If she has enough time, Tsukiyo will search for the Kendo Club and do an earlier application to join. The local student council would also be a good place for her, although she'll keep it as the second option.

Flagelo

Whoa, that was kinda sudden. And the others haven't even moved yet! Flagelo charges forward, shooting a missile at the channeling caster on the back, missing it completely as she lets out a muffled curse, changing her weapon back to the Sword Mode. "Fine I'll do it the old-fashioned way."

[Private to Ataraxia: "Flame res?"]

Move: Run To P-25
Standard: Shoot at Drusilla Ranged Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 12 1d10+9 10 :/
Free: Switch to Greatsword


pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 53/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	14	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [ ] [ ] Power Strike           [ ] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp
                         
Fate
Warding Flourish
               
Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant
+2 Damage +2 Bull Rush when Charging

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold

IRL Stats
Academics **
Charm *
Courage *

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:13

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


: Ataraxia tersely replies to the party: "FIRE = MY WKNSS!!!" She seems a bit irritated.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:14

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka, as always, ends up sleeping in. She only barely manages to make it to school on time, and she spends most of her free time posting on message boards from her phone. In fact, a lot of her not-so-free time was spent doing this as well, much to Mutsumi's endless annoyance. "It's important that I keep up my post count! Your online reputation is even more important than your offline one, these days! You just don't understand!"

~-~-~

<Fangirl> Lyth

"W-Woops! Sorry! Spitz was trying to eat one of my figurines!" She dashes over to the eastern side of the area, taking in a deep breath as she does so. "I'll try to keep this side clear of interlopers, but I'm afraid I won't have much time to channel myself." She stops abruptly, snaking up into the air on her tail and lobbing a blue-red ball of frostfire at 2 Swole! "Hey, big guy! Why don't you come attack me, instead? I'm a vulnerable mage with no way to defend herself!" The flames coating her body flare up menacingly. "I'm certain you could defeat me!"

[PARTY] "I can keep this guy busy no problem, but I'm concerned about the far end of the room, too. Do we have a plan for that?"

Move: Moving to Q30.
Standard: Casting Dragonfrost at 2 Swole (Z34). 1d20+9 = 24. HIT! 2 Swole takes 1d8+10 = 14 Cold Damage, and is pushed 1 square (to Z35).


pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 42/42		AC:	18	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 10)	For:	17	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +2		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	21	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[ ] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[ ] Dragon Breath		[ ] Slaad's Gambit
			[ ] Tempest Breath		[ ] Flaming Sphere
			[ ] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.

Passives:
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.

Support Persona:
Orthus (Hanged Man)
Agi - vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Fire Damage to one target.
Getsu-ei - vs AC. Melee. Deals 2d6+1 Physical Damage to one target. Damage doubled during Full Moon.
Passive - All Fire Damage that hits a Weakness deals +30% damage, instead of +20%.
Weakness - Poison

IRL Stats:
Academics *
Charm ***
Courage *

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:18

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Morning:
Takashi rises a bit earlier than usual, does his morning routine and heads to the school's track. Once there, he'll participate as the Captain advises, and does his best to put on a good showing.

Endurance: 1d20+12 23

Lunch:

Takashi tries to find Akane, Captain Takano's sister. Assuming he can do so, he'll try and engage her in friendly conversation. "Excuse me, Hattori-san, mind if I join you for lunch?" Assuming she assents, he'll take a seat and continue, "Your sister is pretty intense, huh?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+14 22

-----

.attak

Like a freight train made of metal and lava, .attak comes charging into the fray. With a final leap, he crashes into Palooka so hard that Sonny Jim and Flashcapper are knocked down, and the wave of heat and force buffets Ataraxia's hair.

[PARTY] I've got no good ranged, unless one of the people South want to be kind enough to shoot at me first. I can hold this line with Rax if the fast movers want to hustle!



pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 59/59 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 14/14 (V: 14)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [4/4]      Fortune Points: [2/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
Conductive Defense                                      [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Concussive Spike                                        [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.
Molten: DR7 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

IRL:
Academics: +0  - *
Charm: +1      - **
Courage: +0    - 

Mortify fucked around with this message at Oct 2, 2016 around 21:51

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tstsumi sat through morning classes, working dilligently and doing his best to keep up. At lunch he got himself a quick simple meal, sitting alone to eat. He'd politely greet anyone he recognized if nearby, but after finishing lunch he went for a welk. If it were still raining he'd stay indoors, trying to find a quiet spot to listen to the rain and maybe watch it fall out the window. If the weather had cleared then he'd take a leisurely stroll around to enjoy the fresh air and the scent of freshly-fallen rain. A little de-stressing would be good.

-------------

Capo Kappo

Hoping to avoid being the sole one charging ahead and being pummeled like last time, Kappo instead waited. And waited, and waited as his group stood still. He keyed up his mic, likely about to ask when they should go only for Ataraxia to first. He followed along though his reactions were a bit slow, allowing the gang to get in a couple hits on the ant-warrior. He swung his chef's knife at the nearest target; a hulking whale chap, yet it was only a grazing blow unable to make anything more than a scratch against the muscle and blubber.

Move: to Q22
Standard: Word of Exchange vs AC against Palooka and missing.

Rune of Protection state: Adjacent Allies gain +2 resist all.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 44/44		AC:	21	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[ ] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Shield of Protection
			[ ] Executioner's Call		[ ] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Words of Bravery		[ ] Strangling Shadow


Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!
Rune of Protection: Adjacent Allies gain +2 resist all.

Persona:
Fortune Points: 2
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

Charm: *
Courage: *
Academics: **

A Bug fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2016 around 05:55

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



Move to N21
Standard: Winged Horde @Q21
Winged horde, Flashcapper, Sonny Jim, Palooka - Willpower: 1d20+9 28 1d6+1 7
sonny jim, palook: 2#1d20+9 29 16
critical: 1d6 2

flashcapper and palooka take 7 psychic, sonny jim takes 9 psychic dam, they can't take opportunity actions ueont

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 39/39 (THP: 0)       AC:   19    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/6 (V: 7)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6                 Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [2]
One with Shadow     [ ] Templar's Fist              [ ] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors             [ ] Visions of Avarice           
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      N/M Tasha's Frcbl Conscrp   [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Prestidigitation    [ ] Moonstride                  [ ] Thought Eater     
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [ ] Orb of Nimble Thought
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Arcane illusion power hits give Mori combat advantage vs Target UEONT (or until save on save powers)
Weakness to Poison

Charm 0
Courage 0
Academics 0

being alive at all is kind of a chore atm

Mirthless fucked around with this message at Oct 3, 2016 around 16:59

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


Mid-Day, April 8th(Wednesday)

Takashi, Morning: Your early morning practice goes well, though you find yourself under a lot of scrutiny from Takano. After watching you run for a while she seems satisfed enough to give you a bold smirk. "Kurokawa, I'll need a lot of things from you after today." Keeping pace in the rain, under the Captain's umbrella, a girl as tall as wearing shorts with long legs... it's almost pleasant. In a firm tone she executes the mood:

: "Your medical records and an exact detailing of your home diet. Tomorrow morning is our last meeting for the week so I will expect you to deliver everything then."

Takashi, Lunch: Diplomacy... Success?

: One side of Akane's lips rises in a displeased smirk. "Yeah... I think I noticed that living with her." Sitting by herself and eating nothing more than a can of cheap green tea, she studies your face with an unapproving stare. The similarity in the sisters is pretty striking as far as judgemental eyes go. She's about a foot shorter though... Akane clears her throat and frowns. "If you want to talk about Takano, why don't you go find her?" She glares you off until you leave or failing that, she leaves. An under-the-breath muttering of "tool-box" is all too easy to catch.

Tatsumi, Ryuka: Relaxation affords you a +2 Bonus to the next Skill Check of your choice, good for today and tomorrow and not necessarily for the first skill you use.

Tsukiyo: You pick up info for the Student Council and a meeting after school on Saturday. Kendo is closed until clubs open on the 23rd.

Felix: (Due to your business in moving, I'm going to comp you a random activity bonus. Lets says you spend the day Studying and get an Academics dot.)

---

Evening, April 8th(Wednesday)

Everyone: The rain has almost entirely stopped but the thick gray clouds hang in the sky, intermittent drizzling occasionally soaking random bits of the city. You have the full night free, what do you do?

(As an aside I wanted to say that not every day has 100% planned activities to afford you guys a chance to use some free time to pursue... well, whatever you'd like. I can recap the activities from last time and keep adding to that list, particularly as you explore or try new things, or you can just try to connect with other characters or each other a bit more. Be creative/go wild and be Persona~)

---

Ancient Ruins Run

Joining the battle you come face to face with some intimidating and intriguing players...



: "Don't hold anything back! If we're defeated here then your cooldowns are wasted all the same!" A sing song voice.

: "You heard the lady..." With a deep voice and brandishing his anchor, Palooka smashes into .attak before viciously spinning to try to decapitate Kappo! The second blow can be parried but the first definitely deals 14 Physical Damage to .attak! Palooka strikes a manly pose and a beautiful mermaid manifests by his side for a moment to hug his pumped bicep and sing his praises for +2 AC against next AC attack.

Sonny Jim rises at the call to action and shouts a battle cry! Sonny Jim draws his blade up for a ferocious slash at Ataraxia... and misses entirely! Comically so! His blade dents the ground as he violates .attak's mark! In frustration he gestures and calls forth an odd gibbering sphere of a creature that attempts to coat .attak in digestive acids summoned from thin air. It succeeds in dealing a reduced 3 Poison Damage to him!

Flashcapper stands and nonchalantly draws his sword in a two swing arc from left to right, both strikes bringing flashing lightning against Ataraxia's shield as she defends against it! He sheaths his blade and smirks. "Nothing personal, dame." Sounds kinda nasally. Once he finishes the sheath a crash of thunder explodes across Noriko in a slash as she takes 7 Lightning Damage! He attempts another cool gesture but his the shadowy visage of his Persona delivers a faltering slash against Kappo's defenses.

: "You'll need some CC." Drusilla produces a shimmering sphere of perfect mirrored glass and gestures towards your group... a moment later a roaring tornado of frost and sleet crashes down from above and produces a zone of icy destruction! The initial blast hits Noriko, Kappo and Ataraxia for 17 Cold Damage! and Flagelo for a halved 8! The zone produced deals 5 Cold Damage to anything that enters it or starts turn there! Drusilla raises her sphere and elegantly poses to channel for a moment, a second volley of ice and snow launched at Noriko from a manifestation of the jolly Jack Frost spirit! This deals an additional 7 Cold Damage to Noriko!

: "EAT THIS!!1" Brandishing her shield in a wild bout of momentum in the middle of parrying and deflecting so many attacks, Ataraxia whirlwinds around in place and Critically slams her shield into Flashcapper's gut! She deals 20 Damage to him and shoves him back, shifting herself around Sonny Boy! She Marks Flashcapper and declines drawing her crossbow again, instead blowing her Second Wind to recover! Her Mark fades from Drusilla.

With alarming speed 2 Swole moves up, then Charges Ryuka to close the distance, cracking her across the cheek with closed fist for 10 Physical Damage. He's fast! And this close you can see a little secret... his health bar is ringed with four Overseer buffs! He's a front man for his entire party!



In the South it looks like quite an intense battle is going on... but nobody is able to channel yet.



Ataraxia: HP: 26/49 AC/F/R/W: 22/20/16/15, Marked(Flashcapper)

Palooka(Whale): HP: 37/76 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/18/16, Mark(.attak), No OAs(UEONT Noriko), Bloodied, AC 25 against next AC targeting attack
Atk +9, Fighter
Sonny Jim Boy(Fish): Damage Taken: 9 AC/F/R/W: 22/23/19/15, Mark(.attak), No OAs(UEONT Noriko)
Atk +9, Barbarian
Drusilla(Bird): Damage Taken: 4, AC/F/R/W 19/18/21/24
Atk +8, Wizard
Flashcapper(Hat): Damage Taken: 27 AC/F/R/W: 21/17/21/17, No OAs(UEONT Noriko), Mark (Ataraxia, Ongoing 2)
Atk +8, Swordmage

2 Swole: Damage Taken: 14, AC/F/R/W: 24/24/24/24
Atk +13, 1d6+8, Speed 40

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:15

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011




Tsukiyo

Night

Wedsnesday Night Muthafucka! Time to troll and shitpost on message boards! Tsukiyo quickly opens her compy browser on DDWchan and starts typing furiously:

quote:

When are the drat devs gonna add an actual arena mode (ID: Flachan) 04/08/26 (Wed)18:19:17 No.4202790

For real, it's the only thing that's missing on the PVP here. The brawls at ruins run and stuff are cool but the only other options for PVP are ganking with groups or dueling guild members...


Flagelo

Flagelo grunts at the icy buffeting her, deciding to strike at the larger guy fighting against Lyth. "[Party] Take him by yourself? Don't think so!" She quickly charges forward, dragging her sword on the floor. "Técnica Número 12: Corte do Golfinho! Dolphin Slash" With a quick gesture, Flagelo brings the sword up in the air, doing a large leap as she tries to bisect 2 Swole with a deadly swipe. "Hahahahahahaha! Let's go!"

Move: Run to R-30, charging at 2 Swole.
Standard: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+13 32 1d10+18 24 Activating Power Strike Power Strike: 1d10+7 17 Hot drat! Total 39 damage at the big guy.

pre:
Flagelo   						 
HP: 45/53(0)	        AC:	20	Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 13)	For:	20	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:	15	Action Points: 0
Speed: 5		Will:	14	Fortune Points: 2
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Duelist Assault		[ ] Second Wind		       [ ] Lifestealer Greatsword
Battle Wrath          	[ ] Sohei Flurry	       [ ] Whiteflame Scale Armor
                        [ ] Stone's Endurance          [ ] Wildrunners
                        [x] [ ] Power Strike           [ ] Lucky Charm
                        [ ] Sohei Parry                [ ] Mask of the Cackling Imp
                         
Fate
Warding Flourish
               
Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
+2 all defenses against opportunity attacks
Lifestealer Greatsword - Whenever you kill an enemy with this weapon you gain 6 THP
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Resist 5 Radiant
+2 Damage +2 Bull Rush when Charging

Support Persona
Ifrit (Strength)
Maragi (vs Reflex. Range 5, 3x3 Square. Deals 3 Fire Damage to all targets)
Passive: Auto-Sukukaja (Grants +2 Attack to Self for first non-fortune attack made after Combat starts)
Passive: Resist Fire 3
Weakness: Cold

IRL Stats
Academics **
Charm *
Courage *

Plutonis fucked around with this message at Jun 6, 2017 around 02:13

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(Next combat round Wednesday night.)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

a scattering of schizophrenic first worlders who have long ago burned their brains to ash in the radiant heat of their own imaginings



"Oh! I like it in the cold! you should all join me!" with a flourish of her arms, she welcomes the attackers into the very zone of cold Drusilla had dropped on her. As they gleefully rush into the freezing winds, Mori casually walks past, stopping at S18 to take a moment to apply a bandage.

Standard Visions of Avarice @ O23 (creates a 1sq zone at O23 that can originate the vision's primary attack (pull 4sq and immobilize if touching center) and the vision's secondary attack (pull 4sq towards center))
pull Flashcapper to P22, Palooka to P23, both are immobilized (save ends)
Minor Sustain/Secondary Attack (I cannot find anything in the rules that says I can't sustain a zone power the same turn it enters play, please let me know if this isn't a valid action)
pull Sonny Jim to O22
Move to S18
Action Point Second Wind

pre:
Memento-Mori   						 
HP: 17/39 (THP: 0)       AC:   19    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 5/6 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +5   	 Ref:  18    Action Points: [0]
Speed: 6                 Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Deep Speech

At Will			Encounter			Daily			Fortune [2]
One with Shadow     [ ] Templar's Fist              [ ] Phantom Chasm           Sekunda
Ghost Sound         [ ] Grasping Shadows            N/M Horrid Whispers         Terror
Light               [ ] Maze of Mirrors             [X] Visions of Avarice           
Mage Hand           N/M Shield                      N/M Tasha's Frcbl Conscrp   [ ] Swarm of Shadows
Prestidigitation    [ ] Moonstride                  [ ] Thought Eater     
Winged Horde        [ ] Orb of Deception
Illusory Ambush
                    [ ] Orb of Nimble Thought
                    [X] Second Wind
Passives:
+1 to Push, Pull, and Slide effects caused by Memento-Mori
Can speak and understand Abyssal as long as Gem of Colloquy is equipped
Arcane illusion power hits give Mori combat advantage vs Target UEONT (or until save on save powers)
Weakness to Poison

Defenses 21 / 17 / 20 / 22 ueont

Charm 0
Courage 0
Academics 0

(this should be right I'll fix up formatting a little at work)

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005



Takashi

Morning:
"Hai, Hattori-senpai," Takashi replies. As he's getting dressed for class, Takashi texts his Aunt Hanamako that he needs a copy of his medical records for participation in Track & Field, and emphasizes that tomorrow would be ideal.

Lunch:

"If I wanted to talk about her, I'd have talked to her. Excuse me for trying to break the ice. You're obviously very busy, Akane. Ciao!" not even minorly put off, Takashi leaves, ignores her comment and goes about his business. He enjoys the rest of his lunch.

Evening:

Checking on his Aunt's ability to get his records, Takashi makes a quick journal of his last week's worth of meals. All healthy, all proportioned correctly, perfect ratios of protein/fat/carbs, with an emphasis on protein for strength training days. With that done, Takashi decides a night out after the Ruins run last night sounds like a great idea, so he'll try and rustle up a group via Chitter/Autograph chat. Starting with Masami, he'll invite a few others from his year, even going as far as to politely invite Akane, if anyone in the group knows her number.

-----

.attak

.attak uses the diversion of Mori's attack to go for the caster in the back. With a whirling of his whip-blade, he sends it flying at Drusilla. Like a vicious snake, it coils around her ankle, pulling her face-to-face with the hulking dog. Barking once, she falls backwards with a start.

Not satisfied with just messing up one person's day, .attak calls upon his little hermit girl, "Yomotsu-Shikome! Make Palooka's day!" A ghastly representation of the kind, shy hermit from the other night manifests above .attak's head, swivels around like a hungry wraith and points at Palooka. A wreath of green energy blooms around him, slowing his motions and making him clumsy.

  • Move: to T20
  • Standard: Lodestone Lure (Aug 1) vs Will (Drus): 1d20+12 27 5 5 damage
  • Drusilla is pulled to T19, marked and knocked prone. She cannot move to any square that isn't adjacent to me until the end of my next turn.
  • Jim continues to be marked.
  • Persona: Tarunda (vs Fortitude): 1d20+8 24
  • Palooka is -2 all attacks UEONT.


pre:
.attak   						 
HP: 42/59 (THP: 0)       AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 14/14 (V: 14)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  16    Action Points: [1]
Speed: 6(5)              Will: 20    Vision: Darkvision
Languages: Common, Primordial
Power Points: [3/4]      Fortune Points: [1/2]

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Battlemind's Demand     [ ] Persistent Harrier          [ ] Living Fortress
Blurred Step            [ ] Mark of the Vigilante       [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Mind Spike              [ ] Second Wind                 [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
Conductive Defense                                      [ ] Nightmare Vortex
Concussive Spike                                        [ ] Inspiring Fortitude
Lodestone Lure 

Passives:
Reinforced: After taking damage - +1 all defenses for the remainder of the round.
Vigilante: Enemies hit are marked until EOMNT., and +2 defenses against OAs.
Forceful:  Enemies moved by pushes or slides can instead be knocked prone for -1 distance.
Molten: DR7 vs. Fire
Vitality: DR3 vs. Necrotic
Shielded: DR2 vs. all ranged/area attacks.
Resolve: +2 saving throws against poison, weakened, slowed or immobilize.
Bloodhunt: +1 to attacks against bloodied enemies.

Persona:
Yomotsu-Shikome (Hermit)
Evil Touch (vs Will. Melee. Deals 1d6+1 Necrotic Damage to one target.)
Tarunda (vs Fortitude. Ranged 5. Target -2 Attack UEONT.)
Passive: Resist Necrotic 3
Weakness: Radiant

IRL:
Academics: +0  - *
Charm: +1      - **
Courage: +0    - 

A Bug
Nov 25, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!



Tatsumi

Tatsumi seemed to be in better spirits after taking a chance to unwind. He finished his homework and made his way into the kitchen. If Granny was there he'd ask if she needed a hand with dinner. He knew she likely wouldn't let him do most of the cooking, but it was a chance to learn. If she wasn't there or if she agreed then he'd take a look in the fridge, seeing what there was to work with to fix up a simple dinner for the two of them. If rebuffed then he'd return to his room to watch Youtube videos until it was time to eat.

After dinner he went online, bouncing around between a few different websites including a wiki about DDW RP and RP in MMOs in general. He heard Ryuka talk about it in game, but he wasn't familiar with the notion of it. He then hesitated before heading to the DDW message boards and running a search for any threads about the game giving people strange dreams. Though the same odd dreams he had before prevented him from actually logging into the game tonight.

Capo Kappo



Minor: Shield of Sacrifice. .attak loses a healing surge. Myself and Memento-Mori gain HP as though we each spent a healing surge. All 3 involved gain +5 power bonus to AC UEONT.
Standard: Word of Diminishment (Destruction) vs AC against Palooka for 7 physical damage. Palooka has vulnerable 2 to all damage and vulnerable 5 against OAs UEOMNT.
Move: Shift to R21

Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

pre:
Kappo   						 
HP: 32/44		AC:	26	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 11)	For:	19	Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +5		Ref:	17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	20	
Languages: Common, Elven		Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Word of Diminishment	[ ][ ] Rune of Mending		[ ] Rune of the Undeniable Dawn
Word of Exchange	[ ] Shield of Devotion		[X] Shield of Sacrifice
Sunblade Longsword	[ ] Heroic Effort		[ ] Sunblade Longsword
			[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Shield of Protection
			[ ] Executioner's Call		[ ] Rune of the Ember of Wrath
			[ ] Words of Bravery		[ ] Strangling Shadow


Passives:
Serene Blade: Gain 3 THP once per round when hit by enemy.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Last Legion Officer: Ally can shift one square or +2 AC & Reflex USoNT when targeted by power that lets them spend a healing surge.
Veteran's Armor: +1 to attack rolls and defenses UEoNT when spending an action point.
Resilient Focus: +2 to saving throws.
Arcana Focus: +1 Attack per Tier to Fortune Actions made with Persona

Ongoing:
Killing Blow: (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead!
Rune of Destruction: Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to me.

Persona:
Fortune Points: 2
Pixie (Lovers)
Bufu (vs Fortitude. Range 5. Deals 1d4+1 Cold Damage to one target.)
Dia (Range 5. Consume Healing Surge on target to restore 5 HP)
Weakness: Fire

Charm: *
Courage: *
Academics: **

A Bug fucked around with this message at Oct 6, 2016 around 16:05

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!


Ryuka

Ryuka spends most of the night angrily writing fanfiction about her in-game character, in response to a scathing post someone had made regarding her backstory on the forums. "They just don't fully understand it! It's all clearly outlined in the main profile, but I guess some people need things spelled out for them!" She doesn't even manage to finish it...

~-~-~

<Fangirl> Lyth

"Bad move, meathead..." As 2 Swole charges at the dragon-rabbit, she crosses her arms in front of her in an X, a pair of flaming bracers flaring to life on her wrists. "Persona!" The flames around her body explode outward, and Orthrus materializes behind her in a gout of flame. A waning gibbous moon blinks into life above Lyth's head, and Orthrus howls at it, loudly enough to be heard across the whole arena. "Blazing Getsu-ei!" Lyth moves her wrists up to block the attack from 2 Swole, grunting with effort as she's pushed back on her tail by his attack. A mass of flame shoots forth from the bracers, Orthrus leaping forward simultaneously and viciously biting 2 Swole's hands with both heads. The two-pronged assault batters 2 Swole, allowing Lyth to break her crossguard and prevent an immediate followup attack.

The diminutive creature rubs under her nose once with a paw, smirking giddily with unconcealed pride. She holds up both paws palm-up beside her, conjuring a pair of fireballs in each. "Is that really all you got?" Her flaming aura menaces with dripping embers, larger now than her entire body. 2 Swole can feel the heat standing this close to her. "I haven't even gotten started yet, and it seems that you've got quite a few more friends from above than I do. Come on, give me your best shot, this time!"

INTERRUPT! Using Dragonflame Mantle! Lyth gains a +1 power bonus to all defenses, and any creature that hits her with a melee attack takes 1d6 Fire damage, UEOMNT. 2 Swole takes 1d6 = 4 Fire damage!
PERSONA! Using Getsu-ei on 2 Swole. 1d20+8 = 24. HIT! 2 Swole takes 2d6+1 = 8 Physical damage.
Minor: Activating Blazing Corona. Any creature that starts its turn within aura 1 of Lyth takes 5 Fire damage. Lasts UEOMNT.
Minor: Casting Dragon Breath at R31-T33. 1d20+7 = 25. HIT! 2 Swole takes 1d6+3 = 5 Fire damage.
Standard: Casting Burning Spray at R31-T33. 1d20+9 = 10... Miss...

pre:
Lyth   						 
HP: 32/42		AC:	18	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 10)	For:	17	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +2		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	21	Fortune Points: 1
Languages: Common, Draconic, Primordial	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Burning Spray		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Breath
Dragonfrost		[X] Blazing Corona		[ ] Robe of Scintillation
Robe of Scintillation	[ ] Blazing Corona (S)		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Dragon Breath		[ ] Slaad's Gambit
			[ ] Tempest Breath		[ ] Flaming Sphere
			[X] Dragonflame Mantle
			[X] Lesser Produce Flame
			[ ] Lesser Produce Flame (S)

Ongoing Effects:
Lesser Produce Flame - Lyth is emitting a bright light out to 10 squares.
Dragonflame Mantle - Lyth has a +1 power bonus to all defenses, and any creature that hits her with a melee attack takes 1d6 Fire damage. Lasts UEOMNT.
Blazing Corona - Any creature that starts its turn within aura 1 of Lyth takes 5 Fire damage. Lasts UEOMNT.
Killing Blow - (Brackish_Gaijin Overseer) Damage dealt to Enemies that reduces them to 5 HP or less instantly reduces them to 0 HP instead.

Passives:
Dragon Soul - Lyth has resist 5 to Fire.
Scales of the Dragon - The first time Lyth becomes bloodied during an encounter, she gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of the encounter.
Dragonborn Fury - When Lyth is bloodied, she gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls.
Ancient Soul - Dragon Breath becomes an attack spell; whenever Lyth takes Fire damage, she regains the use of Dragon Breath.
Nusemnee's Atonement - Lyth has +2 to saving throws against charm effects. In addition, she may take damage she would deal to an ally with 
			an attack, gaining resist 5 against damage taken this way.
Flame Bracers - When Lyth scores a Critical Hit, she deals an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
		Daily: (Minor) The next time you Hit with an Attack, deal an additional 1d6 Fire damage.
Cloak of Distortion - Lyth has +1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from more than 5 squares away.
Elemental Fire - Lyth is considered an elemental for the purposes of effects that relate to creature origin.
Everlasting Blaze - Lyth emits a dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, she can suppress or resume this light.

Support Persona:
Orthrus (Hanged Man)
Agi - +8 vs Reflex. Range 5. Deals 1d6+1 Fire Damage to one target.
Getsu-ei - +8 vs AC. Melee. Deals 2d6+1 Physical Damage to one target. Damage doubled during Full Moon.
Passive - All Fire Damage that hits a Weakness deals +30% damage, instead of +20%.
Weakness - Poison

IRL Stats:
Academics *
Charm ***
Courage *

Poultron fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2017 around 17:18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?


(I'll update for the rest on Thursday Night.)

---

Ancient Ruins Run

(Next Round Saturday Morning.)

Tatsumi: Contacting Tadpole after you've begun the instance, you get no response other than an AFK notice.

Flagelo: Bump your damage taken from Drusilla's spell to 10 + 6 to account for your Cold Weakness.

Vaulting to the middle of your group, Sonny Boy Jim erupts into a vicious whirlwind attack, the storm's fury coursing through him as he blasts .attak and Kappa for 27 Lightning Damage, Ataraxia for 13! Crackling bolts surround the surly fish-man, set to deal 3 Lightning damage at the start of HIS turn to all adjacent foes.

Drusilla stands from prone and burns a minor to maintain her Freezing Cloud. She then conjures up a Chilling Cloud that buffets Ataraxia and .attack for 5 Cold Damage. The Cloud persists, causing all Enemies within to have -2 Attack.

Ataraxia quaffs a potion and recovers 10 HP, then attempts to strike down Palooka! Unfortunately her attack is parried... she Marks Palooka and fires a bolt at Flashcapper to refresh the Mark on him. Palooka responds in kind and whiffs a giant overhead smash! Flashcapper teleports suddenly and appears behind Ataraxia, attempting to strike her for violating his Mark but being blocked! Flashcapper turns and strikes Memento, dealing 10 Physical Damage to her and Shifting to Switch Places with her. Of course this violates Ataraxia's Mark and in the middle of the motion she stabs him in the back for 12 Damage.

You feel like there's kind of a lot of Defenders present.

: "FOCUS FIRE"

In a truly brutal display of strength and flow, 2 Swole assumes a powerful, provocative stance and unleashes two swift blows against Ryuka and Flagelo, finding Flagelo's chest and striking her dead on for 23 Thunder Damage, immediately following with a tidal wave of fresh punches fore more damage! The two are Linked and every time one takes damage, the other will suffer 3 Thunder Damage!

: "You're next, lovely hare."



Ataraxia: HP: 18/49 AC/F/R/W: 22/20/16/15, Marked(Flashcapper)

Palooka(Whale): HP: 23/76 AC/F/R/W: 23/22/18/16, Bloodied, Vuln 2, -2 Atk, Mark(Ataraxia, Ongoing 2)
Atk +9, Fighter
Sonny Jim Boy(Fish): Damage Taken: 14 AC/F/R/W: 22/23/19/15, Mark(.attak), Lightning Aura 3
Atk +9, 1d12+6, Barbarian
Drusilla(Bird): Damage Taken: 9, AC/F/R/W 19/18/21/24, Mark(.attak)
Atk +8, Wizard
Flashcapper(Hat): HP: 18/64 AC/F/R/W: 21/17/21/17, Bloodied, Mark(Ataraxia, Ongoing 2)
Atk +8, 1d6+6, Swordmage

2 Swole: HP: 65/140, AC/F/R/W: 24/24/24/24, Bloodied
Atk +13, 1d6+8, Speed 40, Monk

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2017 around 01:16

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«14 »