Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo frowns as she looks at the fragments of the new world shimmering to reality. "...Is it really Genjuro the one who's beating all these people, Icchan?" She mutters while looking at the scene where the biker ghosts once were. "In any case. We move."

(Using two surges (10/12) to go back to 108/113, changing my persona to Columbanus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Akio // Friday Night - Other City

"Brave?" Faced with Itsumi's infectious radiant smile, Akio can't help but begin to smile too, and laughs nervously. "Haha, I'm not sure about that..."

---

Akio scowls at his phone. God, Ryuka was annoying. Did she have to be such a good seer otherwise? He mouths a 'thanks' to Itsumi, it was nice to have someone stand up for him after all the abuse he'd taken today. "Look, we can't treat this as just a game anymore. You all saw what happened, right? It seems like people are actually getting hurt in the real world too. I think we should avoid getting into fights if we can from here on."

"What do you mean, Tsukiyo? Do you think they were talking about us, or someone other than your brother? Then who is that pervert banchou that they're talking about?" Akio asks, then goes to pick up the chain that was left lying on the ground during the fight. "I wonder if Kunio is here..." Looking up from the ground, his eyes meet the graffiti on the wall. Wondering if there was something more to it, he goes up and gives it a closer look and tries touching it with his hand.

Arcana: 1d20+27 41 Investigate the ocean mural.
Picking up the chain.
Spending one more surge.
HP: 104/109
Surges: 6/11

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

(edit):

"Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd say it's brave, at least! I'm just glad you didn't get hurt worse!" Itsumi says to Akio in a cheerful tone.

---

Doomykins in discord posted:

Takashi's attempt to force the lock will always fail, conjuring an image of Fenrir's looming figure, the chains wrapping the door meshing with his armor.

Takashi must eventually relent as he feels his hands are being pressured and soon, crushed.

Itsumi stares as Takashi grapples with the door and eventually lets go. "Wow, that's scary... I've never seen a door do that before. Does anyone have anything to teleport us all through the gate? I know you can teleport yourself Akio, but there's no point if you're the only one on the other side unless you think you can open up the gate from that side?"

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 17, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Friday - Other City (#beatthemidterms)

Frustrated by the lack of purchase on the gate, Takashi decides to try a different tack. Taking a step to the left of the locked door, he channels the burning rage of failure into a resounding kick against the wall. If this wall proved to be immovable, then he would have to seek out further entertainment elsewhere.

Kord's Force: 1d20+27 38 43 strength check

----

HP: 105/105
Surges: 7/9

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Friday Night

As Itsumi tends to Akio's wounds and he fumbles his way through expressing gratitude, Noriko finally notices the blood and rushes over to his side. Kneeling down to look him over, her expression shows genuine concern and worry before she turns to Itsumi and smiles. "Thank you for helping him... I don't know what I'd do if he got hurt..." she says, the worry in her voice giving way to genuine gratitude... and yet, all the while, the shadows around her stir with agitation and radiate malice. Somewhere in the back of her mind she feels like a PVP flag just went up...

---

"Kunio...? oh! your delinquent friend! he did say he would be here... do you think we need to bail them out?"

(spending a surge to get back up to full, putting me at 3/7 remaining)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"Really? I don't think anyone's ever called me brave before, haha..." Akio averts his eyes from Itsumi and scratches the back of his head, looking a bit embarrassed. "If you hadn't healed me right before she stabbed me I'm not sure what would've happened... I'm glad we've got you to support us."

Akio gives Noriko a meek smile as she comes to check on him. "Ah, I didn't mean to worry you..." He holds her hand and gives it a rub with his thumb. "It's okay, I feel much better now."

---

"I'm not sure if friend is the right word!" Akio exclaims with no small degree of urgency. "I've seen him fight, Kunio should be able to hold his ground on his own. But if they overwhelm him it could be bad..." he says with a thoughtful frown. "I don't know, maybe we can help him out if we come across him, but I think we should focus on catching up to Genjuro."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi giggles, "Well it's true! And thanks! I'm glad we didn't have to find out what would have happened!"

---

"We probably need to worry about the police getting involved too at this point... widespread fights--especially ones that look like gang fights--will probably end up drawing a heavy response, and I really don't want to be fighting the police! Lets get going!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"If it really is that pervert banchou then we just leave him to get his rear end kicked." Tsukiyo curtly says.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Other City
Music

Takashi: Attacking the wall with a full manifestation of metaphysical strength you produce a monstrous quaking followed by several shudders! The warped shadow texture of the bricks twists and turns and the neon outlines flicker before eventually parting, tearing at the seams and flickering "on and off" as real brick and mortar crumbles beneath your foot, the sounds of startled human voices coming in. The shadowed Other City reasserts itself as your current plane and the wall has been caved in, revealing an opening around Fenrir's Chained Gate.

Several of the nearby Shadows are moving to investigate, already wavering as they try to determine new forms! The raised fire escape walkway leads across the entire alley, exiting at the far North!

Ah, but Akio is missing.

---

Akio: Nearing the mural and attempting to decipher it, you open your subconscious mind and allow the sentiments behind this mural to drift in... "... it's like an old style bath!" "good place to go... before the rally" "hear it's been here for decades" "... you think the peephole is really there?"

Touching your hand to it bridges your own desire to the culmination of the rumored spot! The entire mural ripples as the flat surface of the palm of your hand feels wet water. Then you instantly vanish, the body drawn by the mind to a new location. You appear in the middle of a pitch black spa outlined in blue neon lines, sitting outside massive drawn curtains for a steaming hot bath! Beside you are a line of seven comatose Shadows, all with masks of Strength, Chariot, Hierophant and Emperor mixed between them. Save for the masks they're also clothed by wash-towels around the waist with a single knot. It looks like seven boy's shadows were KO'd and lined up in a row to sleep it off? From behind the curtain you can hear a man's deep voice singing a tacky song about greatness.

There's a door leading out to a small locker room and from there a larger foyer hall that splits. You're on the Right side for the Men's Bath. That would leave the single exit to the South and... the Women's Bath to the Left.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Friday Night - Other Bath

Aha! So the mural did take him somewhere else, just like he thought it might! But, uh, now what? Maybe this wasn't the greatest idea he's ever had, he didn't even know if he could get out from here... Uh, those shadows look pretty out of it, best leave them be. But who is the guy singing, and what was that about a peephole? Wait, no! That's not important! There's absolutely no need for a repeat of Kunio's paradise tree! Akio blushes at the mere thought of it, relieved that no one is around to see him... Uh, time to get a move on.

He turns his head to the curtains, curious to find out who it could be that's singing in there, but changes his mind and goes for the locker room instead. He might not have a chance to search it undisturbed later, and who knows what kind of stuff could be left lying around. Maybe even the key to that chained gate that was blocking them?

Thievery/Perception: 1d20+11 Natural 20! 31 A roll to search and gain access to the lockers. Wasn't sure which applied since I don't know if any of the lockers are locked, my bonus is the same to both.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo approaches the gate, rebar in hand as she tries to peek around the number of shadows that are patrolling the area. "Good chunk of them, huh." She mutters to herself before turning to the others. "Let's hurry and head up, we might be able to elude th-". She stops for a second. "Where. The hell. Is Akio."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi looks at Tsukio then rushes back to the ocean mural on the wall. "Here! He was looking at that weird ocean on the wall before he disappeared!" She stares at it for a moment before reaching out to touch it.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

"Where could he have gone!?" Takashi says fiercely, watching Itsumi run back towards the mural.

If Itsumi is taken into the mural, Takashi will herd the others in and then follow as rear guard.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

Indeed, Itsumi is also drawn into the mural and vanishes. The rest of you follow suit and discover Akio rooting through the lockers of a bathhouse. The only saving grace is that this seems to be the men's room.

Akio: You discover an additional 700 Gold(140 each) among all of the small bills and loose change you can lift from wallets and clothing pockets... er, that is, giant money bag sacks and small urns that you smash on contact. Just like real life.

quote:

Sockerbagarn - I think I'll peep on him next, if this goes well

You draw back the overly dramatic and massive stage-style curtain that covers the small tile walkway between the locker and the actual Men's Bath. A lone man with admirable musculature sits at the back of the smoothed faux-stone circular cropping of the bath, undressed and lounging in the great warmth. He is singing terribly, one of those modern retro-faux-80s pop songs.

: "My punch is or-a-cle, zo-zo-zooo~ Battle stance is in-tan-gi-ble, ho-ho-hooo~ Each day is special, each fist is mi-ra-cle wo-wo-woooo~" Ah, upperclassman Kunio! A great upstanding man that Akio knows well and Takashi has met before. In fact you agreed to join up with him as part of the Naoki toughs that'd be protecting any Naoki kids that get mixed up with Nekketsu kids tonight! He seems to be very deep in enemy territory at the moment!

Ah, he pops one eye open as he notices all of you. He grins on recognition of the two boys and stands up, striding confidently towards your group. He is completely naked. He is a medium-weight.

: "Takashi, Akio! It warms my heart to see you guys doing well tonight! If you're looking for a place to cool your hot blood, you've found it!" He turns and sweeps his arm, indicating the pristine bath. Without shame or hesitation, he looks over the rest of your party. "I'm sorry ladies, but this is the men's side." He sets his fists on his hips and casually lets the conversation flow. The sound of gentle rushing water gives this place a relaxed feeling compared to the rest of the warped city. Somewhere a shishi-odoshi goes *da-dunk*.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Itsumi looks at Kunio just long enough to realize he is entirely naked before averting her gaze. "What? What are you doing in here Akio?? Come on, we need to get out of here and get to Genjuro before anything really bad happens!" She then adds under her breath, "Besides, this guy seems off..." with a frown.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 20, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio too quickly averts his eyes, not quite comfortable with this level of intimacy with Kunio to say the least! He gives Itsumi a regretful shrug, "I was just checking out the mural. Something felt off about it, and I wanted to figure out what..." At least it was clear now exactly what felt off!

Forcing himself to look back at Kunio —keeping his eyes held high!— Akio returns the greeting. "Um, hi Kunio, I didn't expect to find you here... Taking a bath deep in Nekketsu turf is pretty balls- Um, uh." Argh! "A-Anyway, I don't think we have time for a bath right now, we need to get to Nekketsu quick, we're chasing a guy. You wouldn't happen to know the best way there? Oh, right, and it sounded like they were putting together a hunting party to go after you, just so you know."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo draws her bokken and points it at Kunio. Her voice is completely calm, but with an really threatening ring on them... "You will put some underpants in less than thirty seconds before I resort to violence. And Akio. If you don't explain what you were looking for on those lockers, I'll have to hurt you."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"Wh-What!? T-There's n-no need to resort to violence, Tsukiyo!" Akio pleads with his hands held up in front of him, starting to sweat. "I was just looking for... Uh... What was I looking for? Oh! Yes! The key! I was hoping to find a key for that gate that's blocking us. B-But if you don't want your share of what I found, I can take it back, no problem!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Friday Night

Noriko, standing outside the bath like any decent person would, finds herself drawn in to the sound of all the commotion. Beholding Kunio, she waves. "Yo."

After a moment of silence, she grabs Tsukyio and Itsumi by the shoulder and yanks them back into the locker room. "...perverts! it's the men's bath. what did you expect?"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 23, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

: Kunio reflects thoughtfully on Tsukiyo's threat before heading for the locker. "Ahh... the hot-blooded passion of Tsukiyo Chavez. Today was a good day..." A few moments later you feel grateful that he's wearing jeans and... his Naoki uniform shirt and jacket?! "Of course I know the way to Nekketsu. I thought I'd stop by and visit the rally, it's always a great party." He cups his chin and closes his eyes, reflecting further. "Looking for me? Figures. Once you knock down a few of them the rest can smell it on the air. But you guys..." His eyes light up and he points to Akio! "You came to warn me? You're a true brother, Akio! But if you're heading for Nekketsu..." His mouth hangs open a bit in shock. "To go this far for Naoki..."

He finishes buttoning his school jacket and steps up, throwing an arm around either of Takashi and Akio's shoulders! "Yes! I WILL fight with you! You've got my support!" He pulls away from you guys and steps to the door, checking something... "Huh. I thought I had some pocket change... ah well. If we leave this building there's a place nearby, lots of bikers, so the rally must be close. I'll show you the way."

Kunio steps out of the Men's section completely dressed and nods to Tsukiyo, Itsumi and Noriko. "Ladies. Shall we?"

: "Hey! HEEYYYY!!!" Ryuka's insistent tone rings across your phones, unheard by Kunio. Her text somehow carries her tone and intention across perfectly. "Isn't it weird he's not in a coffin? Maybe he really can help you!"

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Itsumi is shocked that Kunio is wearing a Naoki uniform so far into Nekketsu territory. How did he even get here dressed like that? "I think we have a big enough target on us as it is without wearing our Naoki uniforms. They'll spot us from a mile away with that jacket on!" she says.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Wait, come to think of it, maybe he's like that Miss Nakajima we met and not the real one. Like a memory of ours or something?" She says, trying to conceal the fact that she is looking for the first opportunity to clobber Kunio in the head once the others approve of it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

: "But he's not a Shadow, baka." You hear a few distant bing bings, maybe a wahoo. Ryuka must have grabbed a hand-held.

: Kunio looks over his shoulder and grins at Itsumi. "Why are you out here at all? If you want safety you can stay at home until tomorrow. It's just one night..." Your group steps out of the spa and out into a massive area before an even larger dining hall... or the warped perception of it, a legendary karaoke bar with meat platters to die for and dozens of beers on tap. It looms over you, impossibly too large for the city, yet there and dominating the horizon all the same!

A nearby lamp post flickers wildly, radiating rampant sparks and the occasional arc of electricity that thankfully stays confined to the heavy metal framing it is made of. Off to the side is a decorative trio of great fountains all gently streaming water that pools around them and then passes along grating that moves under the sidewalk, subtly connecting the three. Between them is a colossal mass of metal and chains similar to the gate Genjuro set earlier. Perhaps he really doesn't want you there... yet you see nothing.

: "Perception is everything, you know. Guys seem me stridin' like this... they know where I stand." He flexes a fist and doesn't even react(or isn't aware) of a brilliant aura of noble white light erupting around him, the very jacket blazing with Naoki's colors. The aura builds up swiftly and briefly flares up as tall as the karaoke bar! It fades away but a certain charm resonates with Kunio. "They also know that if they ain't ready for a guy this confident... to step off. S'fine by me. Smashing small fry ain't gonna impress no one... and ain't no manly bonds formed without a worthy fight." He strides forward a bit and glances up at the bar. "Hmm.. ya know..." He scratches the side of his face and seems a bit... bashful? His cheeks are red. "I thought ya came here 'cause Tsukiyo's supposed to represent Naoki now. Beat up that cute little shark-faced girl, Manami. And that was after Manami and her crew beat me up." He shrugs. "I guess things are different now, but I won't change. Nothing cool about decking a girl. In fact..." He peers up at the bar and resonates with that confidence again. "I hear Nekketsu's got a new banchou or two too. Even declared "truce" ground this year."

Cold wind billows out of the open doors of the "bar" every so often. Everything around this part of the Other City seems more concrete, like the shadows are deeper here. After awhile you get accustomed to it and notice that silhouettes of people are walking around, wearing faded versions of the Shadow's masks. And beside them are the great glass coffins and the frozen figures of those lacking a connection to the night's affairs.

A gust of hurricane force briefly flies out of the bar. Something is clearly active in there!

As your senses have honed you notice a pair of brilliantly gleaming coffins sitting in the middle of Genjuro's Chains.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Apr 25, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

You peek into the Karaoke Bar, gaining a quick look at the interior without committing to actually stepping inside. The inside is even larger than the outside, impossibly so! It's like there are hundreds of shadows and coffins milling about endless tables covered with heaping trays of delicious searing meat set between dozens of delicate glass cylinders containing cool amber ales. It feels as though you're witnessing the whole night's seating at every instant! And in the back of the bar, behind a massive set of four chained pillars that vaguely outline a greater square around the center karaoke stage... an open gate?! One of Genjuro's manifestations! Cracked! Bent! Shattered! Somehow it has been torn open by brute force! The pull of destiny screams at you that this is a way to Nekketsu High!

You can hear a shrill feminine voice trying to croon along to a quality 80's tune about loooove~. She occupies the center stage and is truly passionate about her performance! Wearing a long Nekketsu black jacket on the shoulders, a long pleated black skirt, bandage wrappings around chest and a pair of wooden geta with bare feet.. Itsumi immediately recognizes the illusion Shiokaze uses to pass as a "teenage girl" named Hayate. Her more excited "dance moves" cause wind to cascade through the bar and out the front door without ever knocking anything over. She poses and points at a pair of figures that are even larger than she is sitting at a table with a single high school girl that Tsukiyo recognizes.

Manami! She looks very comfortable sitting between two foreigners who must each be a baffling seven feet tall with gorgeous flowing hair and immaculate features. On leather jackets and wicked jeans they wear the sashes of dangerous biker gangs, oaths of men who'd defy the law. Under those clothes you can visibly see powerful muscles occasionally testing the limits of the material! And to Tsukiyo and Itsumi something stands out above all else, visible as a faint aura to the others, but recognizable to those two... for they've fought it before! The true natures of the foreigners is linked to them as though shadows! Even Manami's own Avatar sits in her shadow, a shark-faced, snake-haired little brute.

There's no sign of Joker, even though Itsumi extended an invitation to him to chat... stranger than that is the lively atmosphere of the place. Despite the presence of several masked Shadows, nothing is emitting an aura of malice, even the larger Shadows that loom around the area at several tables. You can recognize that these Shadows play counterpart not to Nekketsu students, but the Nekketsu alumni... adults! The community of bikers drawn to a rough spirit, the vaunted star athletes that emerge from the academy, the regular yet impressive mature people that grow to find their own place. Not mere thugs, but grown spirits!

: "Pfft. If it's a truce, who enforces it? Beat 'em up."

You've not committed to entering yet, though Itsumi is very sure Shiokaze told her NOT to come here tonight. You could still explore the plaza you're standing in.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Apr 27, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

"Ryuka! We are NOT assaulting adults unless they attack us first!" Itsumi says forcefully. "...Or anyone really!" she adds as an afterthought. Looking inside, she exlaims, "That girl in the Nekketsu coat is Shiokaze! I wonder what she's doing in here with Mianmi? She said she would be here with Joker tonight and definitely threatened me as a warning about coming anywhere around here tonight... we may get into a fight if we go in that bar after all..."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"It's Manami and those assholes from before!" Tsukiyo snarls. "I told her to not get involved with bad stuff but look at her here with shadows!" She looks towards the others, quite crossed. "I don't want to start poo poo with them but I need to ask that little punk why the hell is she hanging out with Shiokaze and those guys after I told her to behave."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Before the group approach the karaoke bar, Akio can't help but be drawn to the massive chained off gate between the fountains. "Wow, this gate is huge! Genjuro must've really not wanted anyone to get past it... I wonder what's inside? It has to be something important, right?" He walks up to it and peers through the chains. "Huh, I see a couple coffins in there, but they look special. I'm gonna try to teleport inside and get a better look."

Using Armathor's Step to try to teleport past the chains.

---

"That's Shiokaze?" Akio goggles at the girl shrieking on the stage. "...You know, I can kinda see it. That explains the wind, at least. But that must also mean that Joker is behind her, past that broken gate!" he exclaims. "We still have no idea what he's up to, but that guy seems to be capable of anything and I don't think we're gonna like it. I hope we can avoid another fight, but we have to catch up with him, no matter what."

"I've got some questions I'd like to ask him too, and he'd better have some real good answers..."

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 30, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

"This place looks dangerous, but everything about this city is. Come on, Tsuki-chan. Lets go have that talk."

Takashi pushes the door open the rest of the way and with confidence borne of youth, strength, or foolhardiness, makes a beeline for Manami's table. Grabbing a chair, he holds it out for Tsukiyo, assuming she will follow.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

"Guys, wait for Akio!!" Itsumi practically shouts as she attempts to stop Takashi and Tsukio.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

Akio successfully teleports into the mass of chains, bypassing Genjuro's test of strength. He appears between the two shining coffins, inside which are two older women. One looks like an eccentric, the other is wearing a full-body motorcyclist suit. Between the two is a chained spirit which gives off the essence of the Fortune Arcana. Despite being able to teleport to it(and hopefully out of this mess with a second teleport...) the spirit seems bound by the chains and would require you to actually remove them.

Sitting between the two coffins you suddenly begin to experience a parallel viewpoint where the shadows of Other City peel back and reveal the real Kobe, where the two sit enjoying the night-life on an outdoor dining patio. There's a huge mass of bikers and Nekketsu alumni piling into the nearby Karaoke bar. Unnoticed by any of them, Genjuro passes through the crowds, his prize hidden behind his back in a one-handed grip, the brooding man smirking as he steps up to the table.

: ".. Hmm? Genjuro? Ztill barking mad, I take it?"

: "Still a smart rear end, I take it." He sneers.

: "Ah! Genji! What're you doing her..." The scene statics horribly and the chains around you hiss violently.

---

Shiokaze's wild singing winds down as her song finishes, a new singer taking the center stage. You are soon treated to a balding businessman with a wicked set of mutton chops and a BORN TO DIE jacket singing about the danger zone. The two huge foreigners grin at Takashi as he approaches but Manami scowls.

: "This guy's a real chump." A short but vicious looking girl Tsukiyo hangs out with sometimes... you used to see her and other delinquent girls in Naoki traveling as a pack but they've dispersed in the last week. Manami looks like a normal if aggressive girl save for the large scar under her eye.

: "Oh, I'll say!" No doubt under a strong ritual illusion, "Hayate" sits beside the white-haired man.

: "... I guess what happened in the bathroom was real, huh, boss." Manami sheepishly smiles at Tsukiyo.

: A voice like deep, manly thunder rolls out: "Ohh, are these the ones that beat you up?" He grins wickedly at Takashi and Tsukiyo, giving Takashi a friendly eye to eye and flexing a bicep as he raises a mug of beer.

: A voice like a strong, maternal rumbling rises up: "If they came here they must be the real deal." She coos and winks at Takashi, her large frame and voice giving you the vibe of a Big Mama type...

: "Hrnnnnn..!! They got lucky! And I told them to back off..." Hayate scowls and grabs a skewer, gnawing on some wonderfully marbled meat. Although you have eaten recently the food has a wonderfully inviting scent. Even if you aren't hungry, the golden glow of the beer teases parched throats!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Real it was, and to think you are hanging around at this place and with those types." Tsuki answers back to Manami, a stern expression on her face as she stares the delinquent down. "Where the hell is Joker? We have unfinished business with him."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

: Manami scowls at Tsukiyo for the first time in awhile. ".. They're my friends."

: "Ehhh?! You talk alotta poo poo for somebody who came here herself!"

: "Can you smell it? Frost, flame... ionization. And some blood! I bet it was them, Little Shio!" The blonde woman shakes her head and waggles a finger at your group.

: "Hrmph. Why don't you show some respect? If you've got a problem with her you've got a problem with us." The big fellow pats Manami on the head, putting a sly smirk on her face.

: "WHAT!? You?! I told you to back off for your own good! You idiots! I was hunting for the troublemakers all night and it turns out to be you?!" Shiokaze hems and haws a bit, then grins sneakily. "Well... too bad. Joker isn't here! Ha ha ha ha ha! He KNEW you'd come and sent me instead!" Ah, she's so proud of herself. Her tongue zigs and zags as she cackles. "And we're gonna take the fate this time!"

Passive Insight(Akio): The two foreigners seem a bit... irritated? as Shiokaze goes on. The Big Gal rolls her eyes at Joker's mention.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

"Wait!" Itsumi exclaims. "We're not the ones causing trouble! Or at least, we're not starting it--they're attacking us!" She takes a quick breath before continuing, "Besides, we're here to try to prevent trouble! Genjuro--Fenrir from Order--is here with some melted trophy or something. He's the one here trying to start trouble... he even told us himself!

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

The sudden burst of static and unpleasant hissing makes Akio wince. Seems like it's about time to get out of here! He couldn't get anywhere without a way to break the chains anyway, and he didn't know the people in the coffins. He looks through the chains again and barely has to concentrate before he appears on the other side of them, leaving white rose petals slowly drifting to the ground behind him. It was odd how easily you got used to this kind of stuff...

Using Fey Step to teleport back out.

Catching back up with the others, he tells them what he saw, looking a bit defeated as he does. "Um, I wasn't really able to do much in there, the chains were in the way... I did see a short vision from the real city though, but it didn't really tell my anything. Genjuro was there again, talking with two women sitting at a table, the ones that I saw in the coffins. It sounded like they knew each other from the past, but I'm sure I've never seen them before. One of them stood out, she was wearing a large hat and I think she spoke with a French accent? The other woman wore glasses and looked like she arrived on a bike." He shrugs. "Like I said, not very useful..."

---

Little Shio? Could the 'foreigners' be related to her in some way? The older girl definitely knew about Joker, and she disapproves? Maybe they were yokai too, something was clearly off with them... He looks suspiciously at them, but Shiokaze grabs his attention as she begins to cackle like an idiot, and soon he finds himself rolling his eyes too. "Of course we came, anyone should've seen that coming..." The tengu seemed more ridiculous than scary to him at the moment. "Um, why were you hunting for troublemakers anyway? I don't see why you'd get involved... And where is Joker, then? Did he go that way, maybe?" he points at the open gate at the back of the bar.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Friday Night

"...Itsumi." Noriko says, having followed along as she entered after Tsukiyo and Takashi. "...you just told them everything." She makes a chopping motion with her hand and bonks her lightly on the back of the head.

She stares at Shiokaze for a long, uncomfortable moment, her expression empty but somehow seemingly bringing the temperature of the air down a few degrees around her. after a moment, she fishes the cursed glass bottle out of her handbag and flips it onto the grill. (possibly shattering it all over the table.) "stay away from my house. we were nice enough to let you get away last time. i'm getting tired of being nice to people who want to hurt me."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 30, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

Takashi grabs a beer from a nearby table, staring down the owner if questioned, and raises a toast of the foreigners, returning the wink at the mama bear type before taking a swig.

"We're here to stop Fenrir," glancing over at the battered manifestation, "so it seems our purposes are at least parallel for now. But, to quote a 90s American film, <Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.> Don't threaten my friends again."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Other City
Music

: As Akio leaves the chained mass, he sees Kunio watching him come and go with his arms crossed, regarding the situation carefully. "Hmm... there's a lot of strange moods in the air tonight, aren't there? Maybe we can clear some up." He follows the group into the karaoke bar and seems unusually reserved and quiet. You're not quite sure how much of the Other City he's really witnessing.

---

: Shio gradually winds down. "Pirihiihiihiihii.. hoo.. hah!" She points at your group in further triumph! "You say you're not looking for trouble but you come to the one place you're guaranteed to find it! You think I'll fall for that!?" The bitter sting of an idiot's truth rings out. She sets her fits on her hips and looks off to the side, chortling further. "I told you, Joker's not here. We broke that gate down and even if you got away from me, I'd knew you'd come this way!"

Passive Insight(All): You don't think Shiokaze is actually capable of lying. Joker really isn't here.

Noriko's glass disrupts the remains of what was a nice spread. Both foreigners grin and share a look with each other as Shiokaze leans over the table for aggressive posturing!

: "That's big talk from a kid that breaks into houses!" She looks down her nose at Noriko, which if not for the illusion would be quite the gesture. "And a buncha punks who started picking fights with Order before we did!" The businessman finishes his karaoke and your ride to the danger zone is finished. A new Shadowed singer takes to the stage, a woman with the undeniable aura of a formidable naga... she uncoils and begins to sing about a venomous touch!

: "Oi, Drinky Crow." Shio turns in response to the nickname and the male foreigner cups the back of her head before pressing her lips to a large ornamental oynx-black bowl the size of his massive hand. He tips it up lightly and leaves the loud-mouth Tengu to enjoy the drink, chuckling. "Forgive our friend. We do not know what little sorceries she and the boy get up to..." It seems improbable that the bowl holds that much liquid but Shiokaze keeps chugging along.

: "Shio is the guardian of Nekketsu for now, so you really did pick a fight coming here. Why don't we chat?" The big woman raises a leg and exercises a great bit in control in bringing it down in an axe motion before sweeping the table clean. She returns to a proper seat as the two hail a Shadowed waiter who replenishes the spread and offers drinks to all.. including you two.

quote:

Even if you've already eaten earlier, you can drink Beer. A lot of it. Your first binge will affect your stats in an unknown way... well, unknown as far as game stats go. You know alcohol will make you sluggish, at least!

: The big man lets Shiokaze go and adjusts the bowl so that none of the still-present liquid inside spills. Shio hiccups loudly and lays her head down on the table, eyes rolling. "In an old tongue you would call me A Raging Tempest or Living Storm. But for now, please call me Kyou.

: "Endless Quaking, Sunders Mountains or even End of Waves. But please, call me Yuzuki. Me and my brother support this little group and your game... as shameful as it is that he is hiding from you tonight, we believe in Joker's goal."

: "Ha..." Manami clears her throat. "Joker-kun has been wronged by ORDER and I guess you guys have too. I'm Nakamura Manami, 2nd year." She gives you guys a chance to properly meet her, since three of you haven't, but otherwise she looks deadly serious! "Our wish is to win the game and overthrow all of these awful people who get to the top and oppress others. I know what that's like... we'd win a lifetime of revolutionary spirit to change the world for the better!"

: "Maybe we are meant to fight, but we do not even know what you fight for... and you pursue the Wolf of Naoki. Why don't we chat first? My treat." Kyou gestures to the stacked rows of golden amber pillars, droplets of beautiful moisture glistening, reflecting the neon lights of the bar.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 1, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo

"Joker almost killed someone last time we met... And I won't let him kill bro-I mean, Fenrir." Tsukiyo keeps her distance, her hand still resting atop her weapon as she approaches the bar, glaring daggers at Manami and the others. "And I'm here to ensure this game ends. Even if you have good intentions, Manami-San, whoever is running this show has probably killed hundreds of people with this 'game'. That's why I'm going to have it end once we 'win' it."

Not drinking!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Friday Night

"...do you really think ending this game will make cosmic entities stop playing with our lives? they'll just find some new way to amuse themselves with us." Noriko grabs a glass of beer and holds it up to the light, peering through the amber liquid. "we're more than human now because of this game. the only thing i want from the game is to stay this way when it's over."

Noriko drinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

"Joker's goal, huh?" While Akio was annoyed to find that Joker hadn't deigned to show up, hearing these people elevate him to some sort of shining beacon of progress actually made him seethe with anger. That rear end in a top hat did not deserve it! How could they follow him? "Was it the revolutionary spirit we saw in action when he took advantage of Hideaki and wallowed in his misery? When he and his pet tengu tried to place a curse on Noriko, left beheaded mice at her doorstep, stole her hair in the night and made her feel unsafe in her own home, totally unprovoked!?" he spits out furiously. "What a load of bullshit! You don't make this world a better place by pulling poo poo like that! And don't think I haven't heard about you, Manami. You're nothing but yet another bully, and you say you want to overthrow the people that oppress others? I suggest you take one long hard look in the mirror, hypocrite..."

"But hey, cheers to Joker's goal." Mostly to make a rhetorical point and without thinking, he swipes up a glass from the table and chugs it down angrily, then slams it back down again. "Setting the world on fire and hoping for the best, I'm sure that'll work out exactly the way you want."

Guess I'm drinking!