Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

"That's not what I'm doing! In fact we already made up with Nekketsu without the need of starting trouble!" Tsukiyo says, despite the fact that Aluridae's adventure on the other world that night indeed was the act of a vigilante group. "I want to bring all the schools of Kobe together to avoid that kind of misunderstanding and rivalry to start again..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Saturday, May 16th, Student Council Room(After School)
Music

: Takano's gaze ever so pointedly crosses from your face, down to your hands, down to your papers. Before you can even consider the likelihood of it being seen at that distance and angle she's speaking! "An upperclassman? ... You're very kind, Kasaya-san. There can be a lot to do on the Council, that's why I try to keep it organized and fairly divided. I would not want you to be exhausting yourself with extra work."

---

Sunday, May 17th, Bibliotheca Argentea(Online DDW)

: As you grab her wrist Mapple lets out a flushed sigh that makes you a little too aware of how realistic VR can feel. "Ohh~ho~ I can't wait for more discipline, daddy~" You teleport out to the feeling of utter social awkwardness as the crowd murmurs anew! ... Once you're in the confines of your own most personal sanctum, an extension of your preparatory Velvet Room into your new Mindscape, Mapple snaps her hand out of your grip and crosses her arms again, her expression 180ing to one of deadpan amusement. "You're a funny guy, Ambrose. So, you want to talk, great, me too." She smirks at you. "The last time your group kicked our asses it really got us bent out of shape." ... ! <Miss> Mapple's screen name is missing the [GANK] call sign of Gank Inc.! "I wanna join Ailuridae."

---

Sunday, May 17th, Kobe Suburbs

Noriko: As you learned in Other School most assuredly, Hideaki plays <Darling> Pohl in Digital Devil Worlds...

You're friends with him but you feel like maybe explaining to him that you're stalking his weird friend who threw you out a window might go over poorly, somehow. Shadowing his online activity seems a lot easier! You pick up on him partying a few times with names you don't recognize... but consistently with a Runepriest. Patiently reading through the game wiki you deduce that Goro attacked you with an at-will from the same class!

Entelodont! Quite a strange name, and the same brutish pig-man theme. At least he's wearing a dignified set of heavy mail this time. You could try to contact him directly in game and confront him!

But you've got a wide open weekend it seems and do a bit of snooping with Crowley as well. Sitting in a dark brush line in a street near the Nishiyama household you find yourself becoming a little too good at this: you've got a bottle of convenience store tea and some chips and remember to wear a coat so that you can lounge without getting covered in dirt and plant burs. A few birds loiter around the area, some brother ravens and an early bird brown owl, but nothing that interferes with your familiar. Crowley has difficulty making out anything going on inside the perpetually dark house, but it is later in the evening on Sunday that you detect.. two distinct voices, speaking in a muffled manner inside? You've established the pattern by which you can tell that the elderly woman is out, so you know it can't be her! There's a window that is half open to let the cooling evening air in, but it's still too distorted and quiet to hear from outside! Would Crowley risk peeking inside?!

---

Sunday, May 17th, Inner City Kobe

Takashi:

: Success!!! Hiroko accepts the mic and looks a little relieved!? She waits for your part to finish before adding in the complimentary duo singing!

""I really like it dangerous,
Live in his memory.
Follow his memories
I live his memory
Find a memory
Find your memory
It was my kind of bad romance"

And so the two of you continue for the whole song... having a great deal of fun and a lot of plainly obvious chemistry, like two stars granting each other confidence on stage! Once the song is over and Hiroko has excused herself to get a drink and wipe sweat from her brow, Masami gets close and whispers to you, his long-time bud:

: "drat Tak, you're still the best. ... Huh, though I thought you were down with uh, Hatoi-sama or somebody?" Over the top of his head you can see Hitomi regarding you very carefully.

---

Ambrose, Streetwise(Teufelsbrucke): Ever since you had the chance to get in you've been lurking every drat thread on ORDER you can find. Recaps of events, real and roleplayed, posted recruits, excited babbling about their elites like plebes talking about their favorite "e-celebs".. you've read it all and got a pretty good handle on how ORDER structures itself!

ORDER itself only grants the tag to their esteemed elites. Anyone with the tag is Epic level or closing in on it and they've had the greatest availability of amazing gear and powerful Personas, radically altering their capabilities beyond their class. Even if you know the base class, you can't rely on just that to know their true strength! This is doubly true inside home field Mindscapes, where players spend their resources to create terrain and NPCs to assist them or empower themselves. Each ORDER elite seems to have a gang of fans that follow their general design and gameplay choices to either emulate or reinforce those, though these separate guilds clearly aren't making the high standard cut of ORDER itself.

As was mentioned to the others way back when, Royal is a powerful summoner who is actually based off the Bard class. She isn't the highest level in ORDER but is still hailed as the "world's best Leader" since their streamed raid against Princess Sekja, where she demonstrated an ability to use small but vital tools from other Leader's kits. She's obviously an undead-themed character and as a Leader aims for long-term wins, buffing her team and debuffing her enemies. This extends to her followers, the Radical Skulls or [RAD]. They're about as goofy and vapid as you'd expect from the fanboys of a rockstar zombie queen but any incremental gain engine that hits critical mass will secure a win from that point. The Undead themes share a lot of gimmicks that reinforce Royal's gameplan: regeneration, survival at 0 HP or less and tons of Necrotic and Poison Damage with Radiant Weaknesses.

Thaddeus' flunkies are the Dragonsblood Tribe [D-Born] and seem to be a cut above the regular fans. They tend to follow the templates of the classic Chromatic Dragons, or Fire(Red), Lightning(Blue), Acid(Black), Poison(Green) and Cold(White.) Thaddeus is the World's Best Striker and anyone from the tribe will likely have a generous helping of elemental damage to go with explosive burst or consistent above-average damage dealing. You're not sure how they'd compensate for the obvious problems of pure DPS teams so you can safely assume they will not run those but rather leverage their Defender, Controller and Leaders to create and exploit weaknesses for even more damage. You could see sinister shenanigans like Elemental Mafia teams in the future against them...

Charlotte's Knight Templars [HOLY] (thus, [HOLY] [ORDER] when teamed with ORDER itself...) emulate her habit of helping other players and emphasize being able to do more for teammates as well as incredible toughness to survive doing so. However, they will generally act for the betterment of the team before simply being very survivable. They seem to be a very rare breed, possibly owing to the actual selflessness needed to make this a game-time focus!

Bishop's kind are even rarer, dedicated to no set grouping of characteristics other than a desire to understand and recreate the best of Mindscapes. Somebody who is not excellent at PvE cannot understand what makes PvE good or bad, so above all the members of the [ARCH] tag are not only architects in their spare time but some of the wisest leaders in the game, capable of directing focus trains or dungeon raids expertly. Although they have no unifying aesthetic, they are almost all monstrous to some degree, emulating at least that much from Bishop's Avatar...

Fenrir doesn't have anyone he acknowledges other than ORDER itself. The wolf [PACK] that follows his exploits and loiters around his Mindscape or PvP hotspots seems to be made of those egotistical enough to think they can impress or surpass him without invitation.

And most curiously, you're not even aware that Isabelle has any followers. Or maybe she does, and as you sit at the table across from Redd and Weasel, you wonder if Isabelle is old school enough to only work with those on her own private friends list... maybe like yourself?

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

Ambrose receives a private message...

Weasel to Ambrose PM posted:

: "Heeeyyy, guy, calm down. Chill out. You're gonna give yourself away!" Hearing his goofy voice directly, privately! "Besides, we just gotta raid any 'scape, right? And we don't wanna die, so all that matters is a good target! They're all gonna be hard... don't tell me yer feelin' soft on Mage or somethin'? Hah!" He sneers as he laughs, sweating a bit all the same. "Look, we's been workin' our asses off for weeks now and ain't got NOTHIN' to show for it! Not one piece-a-loot! Like we're ever even gonna get that invite. So I's says, this raid is the pay day we give ourselves. Ya hear me?"

: Weasel laughs after Mori's big spiel! "Nyeeheheheheh! Yow! You got the right attitude, Missy! If we're gettin' in trouble, gotta go big, right?! What're they gonna do, wipe us twice?!"

: ".. This is serious! If we get wiped out, are we really gonna have time to try again?! Something awful could happen to us!" Redd fumes a bit. "I want to agree with Ambrose... but.. well, what IS the difference? They're all so strong.. maybe we really can sneak into Fortune House?"

: Beaming with pride, Weasel clears his throat twice! "Nyeh-hem. Hem Hem. Now do ya think I'd suggest this without a good plan? Not only did I figure out the secret of the House.. but I know the secret of their doorman, Headcount! I know that too! It's easy once you know.. you can't let him hit the same Defender twice in a row in melee. But! BUT!" He holds his hands up to demand a pause, relishing the attention granted him a bit as somebody who has special knowledge. "He attacks at Range too! And it's the same trick! You need to cycle who takes the Melee strikes AND who gets his attention outside that too.. they can't take hits back to back, they need a round to clear. See, it's doable. That's th' game. If it's part of th' game, it has to have a way to beat it, or it wouldn't be in, yeah?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 30, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Ambrose <the Black Blade>

Bibliotheca Argentea - Sunday, May 17th

Ambrose sinks down behind his desk with a weary sigh and tries to recover his composure. "And you thought the best way to reach out to me for a favor was to waltz into my mindscape, undermine my challenge dungeon for beginners, and then when confronted cause a scene?" Leaning back in his chair, he casually hangs an arm over the backrest and regards Mapple with a piercing gaze for an uncomfortable moment, then lets out a chuckle. "Well, I guess it caught my attention alright."

"Join Ailuridae? That's a big change for you, Miss Ganker. What happened to Gank Inc. and the others you were partying with?"

Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest - Friday, May 15th

Ambrose to Weasel PM posted:

"Give myself away? You're the one forcing my hand, imbecile." Engaged directly by the source of his frustration, the kettle boils over and Ambrose replies in a stern, lecturing and spiteful voice. "Are you really this dense? The House of Fortune is the absolutely worst possible target we could pick, and you should know exactly why. But since you are obviously oblivious, allow me to enlighten you to your own actions: You have told Isabelle about the Death Lobby. You have told her that you struck a deal which you absolutely must honor with a mysterious NPC you met there. You then foolishly told her that you, no matter what, cannot speak of the details to an ORDER officer specifically."

"Is it clear now? Isabelle is already fully aware that your mission is to carry out an attack on ORDER, because it's the only conclusion she could possibly draw, and she knows that it's going down tonight. She might not have told the others, but you can be drat sure she's on high alert herself. So no, I do not 'hear ye'. You think there's a payday waiting for you in her mindscape? Ridiculous! I will hold you personally responsible for anything that goes wrong if we end up going to the House of Fortune, seeing as you were the one that planted this poisonous idea into the minds of the others."

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Low level? Won't even get us anything?
Ambrose: Who do you think you're talking about, Sunbright?
Ambrose: If you're going to make the wrong choice at least do it for the right reasons.

"It's a terrible idea." Ambrose folds his arms and scowls at no one in particular.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council

"Thank you, Takano-senpai. Sometimes it feels like I don't have a choice in the matter, but all I want to do is what's best for the school in any case!" Itsumi says, trying to dance around admitting who is assigning her the extra work.

Bluff: 1d20+25 34

DDW

Party Chat posted:

[Party] [Sunbright] putting aside loot for the moment...
[Party] [Sunbright] do you /really/ expect them to think /anyone/ wants to hit the House of Fortune?
[Party] [Sunbright] i don't think so.
[Party] [Sunbright] it gives us the maximum possible element of surprise
[Party] [Sunbright] i mean... when's the last time anyone even /tried/ to raid it?

With Tsukiyo

"That's not a bad plan! It sounds a lot better when you pitch is as what you want to do as opposed to the current council not doing it, in my opinion. There's something to be said about staying positive in campaigning!" She pauses for a second before adding, "If they do start attacking you, I wouldn't blame you for responding in an appropriate manner though."

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 31, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

"That's a real good idea, yeah! Icchan...! I need you to be my campaign manager!"

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

"No way. I vote for the Necropolis."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - Teufelsbrucke

Memento-Mori sticks her tongue out playfully at Ambrose as "typing" bubbles float furiously around her head.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: that's it sunbright!
Memento-Mori: climb the biggest mountain!
Memento-Mori: ride the biggest wave!
Memento-Mori: get... pumped!!!!!
Memento-Mori: (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و
Memento-Mori: hell
Memento-Mori: YES
Memento-Mori: ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾ ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾ ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾ ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾ ₍₍ (ง ˙ω˙)ว ⁾⁾
Memento-Mori: do the impossible! see the invisible!
Memento-Mori: row, row, fight the power!
Memento-Mori: cmoncmoncmoncmoncmon house of fortune house of fortune house of fortune

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Itsumi: Your instincts sharpen into focus, your spine stiffens with a chill, there's a small outbreak of goosebumps on your hand.. this is what it means to fall under Senpai's true scrutinizing stare!

: "Kasaya-san, is something the matter?" Her tone is formal and cold during a sympathetic inquiry. "Who gave you this work, hmm?"

---

Saturday, May 17th, Tsukiyo's House

Itsumi, Tsukiyo: As you finish up your studies and discuss the particulars of Student Council the room closest to the outdoor dojo slides open, Tsukiyo's Grandmother Clara stepping in flanked by a familiar student in a traditional Chavez style gi that probably belonged to Tsukiyo at some point as an extra or when she was younger and smaller. They're talking casually and with friendly familiarity, Clara finishing a small story that has her student laughing a little.

: "That's so cool, Sensei! It's really amazing!" Manami covers her mouth as she grins, exercising unusual politeness. She drops it and makes a casual half-wave to Itsumi and Tsukiyo. "Hey Boss."

: "This is tonight's true battleground. Itsumi, was it? How is she doing?" To say that Clara was less than pleased about Tsukiyo's results would be an understatement but placing at the halfway mark was at least worthy of not receiving direct discipline!

---

Sunday, May 17th, Bibliotheca Argentea

Akio: Mapple laughs as you recount her antics.

: "I know, right? Wasn't it funny?" She finds another priceless magical antiquity to sit and relax on, soon crossing her legs again. "Ah, it was right after we were beaten in the forest. Heart faked something IRL and logged off just to get away when ExeQT and Hero started yelling at one another. I got pretty mad too. It's like we were just messing around while real players were rocketing ahead of us..." She glances to the side and cups her cheek with one palm, rolling her eyes. "But seriously.." She looks back to you. "Hero thought we were "holding him back" and it led to an awful fight. We split up the same night..." She sighs and focuses a potent glare upon you! "It's really your fault, you know? I lost 3 friends thanks to you. What're you going to do about it, eh?"

Passive Insight: Your instincts and her mannerisms warn you of something.. maybe you're becoming too accustomed to feisty, sneaky women, but Mapple clearly wants something else that is left unsaid.

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

Weasel and Ambrose PM posted:

There's a prolonged silence, the sort of beat only caused by somebody analyzing words to carefully choose their own, or to be sitting in shock at what they've read. Eventually it breaks:

: "Nyeeehh heh heh. What're you so mad about? If you're such a true believer maybe ye should go tattle to mother, eh? It'd suit ya."

: Looking between the feuding viewpoints of the group, Redd seems swiftly overwhelmed and confused. She sweats a bit herself before throwing her hands up! "OK, OK! Uhm, there's five of you, so... Mister Attack, what should we do!?"

The Tie Breaker!!! All eyes fall upon Takashi's lil' molten pup Avatar!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Harassing Goro

Offline:

Stealth: 1d20+19 34

Moving quietly isn't hard for a determined bird, and crows don't stick out much in Japan to begin with. Hopping into position, Crowley edges close and listens in. Noriko didn't intend to spy, really, but maybe it wasn't the best time to just drop in or interrupt?

Online:
Memento-Mori

Producing a bubble pipe from her cosmetic inventory, she takes a few scholarly puffs before composing a private message:

Private Message to Entelodont posted:

Memento-Mori: so...
Memento-Mori: pigs, huh
Memento-Mori: ╭ (oㅇ‿ o#)ᕗ
Memento-Mori: what's *that* all about?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

Awawa...! Well, it seems that Manami took Tsukiyo's advice and entered the dojo, but is this the best possible time for her to arrive? "Hey Manami-san..." She feels the cold intent in grandma's words and quickly returns to hitting the books. "I'm still not done with this! Icchan, I think it's biology next?"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea - Sunday, May 17th

"Oh, is that so? My deepest and most heartfelt apologies." Ambrose says with a smirk that makes it clear he's not even remotely sorry, or even willing to accept guilt. "Now how am I supposed to make up for having wronged you so?" He plucks up an orb of heavenly sapphire from his desk--once a powerful arcane relic from a bygone age, now nothing more than a pretty bauble--and regards it as he continuously twirls it between his fingers. "You are a Warlock of some renown and you're clearly intelligent, but your past is a concern. I can't invite you to Ailuridae without knowing that you are serious about making a change, it'd reflect poorly on me if you turned out to be rotten still. So you're going to have to convince me, thoroughly." He toys with the sphere for another moment before putting it back down on its stand near some other curious objects, then turns his attention back to Mapple. "I want you to work for me, here in my mindscape. Write guides, give classes, maybe design a challenge dungeon or two. I'm sure it shouldn't take more than a couple months or so before I'm satisfied you're not trying to con me. Surely not more than half a year. Or..." He strokes his chin as if he's considering something, then fixes her with a scrutinizing stare. "Or you could cut the crap and tell me what it is you really want."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17 - Free Time - (#sunsout #gunsout)

Karaoke

Takashi puts his arm around his long-time friend, "You're focused on the wrong stuff, Masami. You're trying so hard to get to the finish line that you're forgetting to enjoy the race. Hattori-senpai and I thought we wanted the same things, but in the end we didn't. I can dwell on that, or I can start enjoying the race again. You're a good <dude>, and I know there is a girl who's right for you. Hell, you keep brooding all the time and you might have a chance with Akane-chan," he shakes the other boy in a friendly way, "you say the word and you know I'll have your back. You got your eyes on a lady?"

He gives Hitomi his casual smile, wondering if she's going to press for the deets specifically.

---

The Devil's Bridge - (#attakisback #thedrifter)

Suddenly the center of attention, attak's idle animation of chewing on a monstrously large, comically shaped bone suddenly stops.

"Oh, uh," the pup stands up to look directly at the Red Oni, "I was leaning Fortune because we've already hit the Necropolis. We know Bishop has since made it more dangerous," he shares his look with everyone, "He may not have given that special touch to Fortune House, and that's an edge. If we take this seriously, and remember the stakes, we come out ahead," its easy to be brave when you're playing a game, but the stakes were sky high in this one, "we don't lose easily, and I know that we can beat this together."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Ambrose to Weasel PM posted:

"I will give you one valuable piece of advice, even though I know you're unlikely to heed it. After tonight, never log on to this game again. Walk away and do not look back. Find some other way to waste your time. If you do not: You. Will. Die."

"Very well." Ambrose's chair makes a sharp screeching noise as he stands up. "I hope you've all gotten your shopping done, because we're likely to be marked KOS at the largest auction house in the game after this." He gives Memento-Mori a sour look. "But hey, since we made this decision together, that's fine I guess." He turns around and strides to the exit. "Let's get this over with."

Stepping outside the Unassuming Chest ahead of the others, he grimaces. What the gently caress was he supposed to do now? He opens up another private message...

Private Message to Isabelle posted:

Ambrose: Weasel. Really?
Ambrose: I cannot fathom what you were hoping to gain from involving him, but get ready for it to bite you in the rear end.
Ambrose: He's convinced the others to raid your mindscape. I have no choice but to go along and make sure that they succeed.
Ambrose: Move anything you can't afford to lose off-site and keep yourself out of sight, then pretend this is all just a test of your mindscape's defenses.
Ambrose: I'm sure it'll cost you a pretty penny, but all you can do at this point is to minimize losses.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - Teufelsbrucke

Once .attak weighs in, fireworks and confetti pop over Memento-Mori's head. "yes! time for a heist!"

Text Message to Akio posted:

Noriko: ...sorry
Noriko: i know you don't want to do fortune house, but...
Noriko: i really think we have what it takes
Noriko: especially with the element of surprise!
Noriko: and...
Noriko: this is really important to me...
Noriko: so i hope we're okay

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council

"Uh... Ichiro gave it to me..." Itsumi says, though she doesn't want to reveal more about the blackmail if she can avoid it.

With Tsukiyo

"Yeah, let's move on to Biology!" She turns towards Clara, "Tsukiyo is picking things up very well! I think she'll do a lot better next time around!"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Teufelsbrucke

Hearing his phone beep, Akio pushes his VR headset up on his forehead and watches Noriko's messages appear one by one. He feels heavy of heart as he reads them, and hangs his head for a moment before typing his replies.

Text Message to Noriko posted:

Akio: ...look
Akio: I understand how you feel, that you want to prove that you're the best controller. I feel the same way as a defender
Akio: (I hope you know that there's no other controller I'd rather have by my side than you?)
Akio: I'm not saying that we're not okay, I hope we are too... but you know things are complicated between me and ORDER, and I really needed you on my side back there
Akio: because I can't afford to cross Isabelle right now, she's the only one in ORDER that has been covering for me since we defeated Fenrir
Akio: I'll help you defeat her if it comes to that, of course
Akio: but if she happens to not show up tonight, well... there's no way you won't get another shot at the crown somewhere down the line

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 3, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Teufelsbrucke

Noriko frowns as she reads the text messages.

Text Message to Akio posted:

Noriko: it's easy for you to say those things but you're not the one who people are ripping on!!!!
Noriko: i wasn't exaggerating earlier... my online reputation is in the gutter ever since we beat fenrir
Noriko: and things don't have to be complicated between you and ORDER!
Noriko: you could just stop sticking your neck out for them
Noriko: ...waiting for them to chop it off
Noriko: ↂ_ↂ
Noriko: you can't play double agent, triple agent, quadruple agent forever
Noriko: i'm not going to force you to choose... but... they might
Noriko: eventually, you're going to have to commit to a side
Noriko: i just... hope we're on the same one
Noriko: (◕︵◕✿)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Itsumi: You can't even think to try lying about it so you aim for omitting details. This seems to work well enough.

: "Hmm. He shouldn't." She accepts the win in the field of social graces and reaches over, picking up the document and giving it a quick look. She keeps it. "Especially as treasurer, it is negligent to spread these figures too far." She gives you a very small but warm smile. "It's his fault though, I will talk to him. He should teach you better if he's eyeing you as a replacement..." The door to the room opens!

: "Takanooo~" Her younger sister, Akane! You two don't really chat often, although you did see each other at Other School and you know she shadows Noriko constantly. The younger Hattori skips over to the table and sits down next to her sister, openly chewing some bubble gum. She gives you a little wave. "Hey poindexter."

: "Be nice!" Takano pinches her sister's ear, leading to Akane exaggerating a wince and pawing at the table while nodding. Takano sighs and adds the paper she took from Itsumi to her bag as Akane delivers it. "Are you done for the day? We can leave soon. Thank you for your hard work, Kasaya-san." After standing Takano pauses for a moment, then looks to Itsumi again. "Kasaya-san, I was wondering if you might help my sister sometime. The two of you could study together, perhaps."

: "Ehhh, really?! Do I have to!?" Akane seems irritated by the idea until Takano gives her a stern glare. Akane rolls her eyes and gives Itsumi a sneaky smile. "Well gee, I guess I could go to your house sometime. Sunflower field, hippy commune or little corner church?" Akane shuffles to the side to evade Takano's reach, laughing.

---

: Clara gives Itsumi an almost unusually warm smile. "Thank you, Itsumi." She covers a small laugh as she regards Manami for a moment. ".. Nakamura, I expect you to take those extra exercises seriously. The first Technique demands a lot from the wrists. I won't care if you tear anything, you hear me?" This sounds familiar to Tsukiyo...

: "Y-Yeah, Sensei! I've got it!" Manami waves to Tsukiyo and Itsumi. "Well, see you on Monday, Sensei! See ya, Boss!" She departs.

: "Hmmm..." Clara watches Manami go. "Almost makes up for your brother's obstinacy.."

---

Noriko, Online: : "Like a gold ring in a pig’s snout is a beautiful woman without discretion." With that simple rebuke, Goro blocks you!

Noriko, IRL: Feeling frustrated trying to contact him online, you feel better about resorting to spying on him. You didn't become a witch so that mere physical, digital or societal barriers could get in your way. Acting with profound sneakiness, Crowley successfully perches on the window sill and peers into the room.

O-o-o-o-o-oh dear! Goro is sitting at a computer desk with an ancient LCD monitor and an open-framed toaster running something, what you first assume is a tragically low settings version of Digital Devil Worlds. As you take in the unmuffled sounds coming from the speakers you realize it is something altogether tragically low...

"A cleansing flame of absolution rises deep within me~"

You're not entirely sure but you believe these attractive women in provocative poses with luscious figures have no reason to be naked while wielding such dazzling flame. They may also be related to some IP associated with a far flung future and a heavy metal aesthetic. Crowley is also unfortunately alert enough to detect that Goro's pants are unzipped and a few inches lower than his waist would be.

Nobody said going deep would be pleasant. Do you continue snooping?!

---

Takashi:

: Masami grins in a positive reaction to Takashi's encouragement then turns red in the cheeks, unable to meet his friend's eyes. "H-h-h-h-hey, you make it sound so easy, you know? Talking to girls and all.."

: Hitomi comes in for landing, joining the conversation. "You talk to us all the time!"

: "That's different, I don't like you..." Masami starts! "UHM, what I mean is, uh, uhm, I like you as a g-great friend, Hitomi-chan! B-but I don't like you, uh, that way, yeah!" Hard swerves and lots of shaking and rattling but he pulls up at the last second...!

: "Yeah, you're kinda short anyway. Thanks for being a great friend, Masami-chan." She elbows him in the ribs and lets him crash and burn on the karaoke booth cushioned seating as she glowers at Takashi. "... Wellllll? Are you just gonna seal it away forever?! What happened, Takashi?"

: "Yeahh... I thought it was going well? And you know.." Masami rotates and sits properly after his fumble. "I didn't know you knew Akane too? I thought... well.."

: "Hee hee, yeah. Everybody in their middle school knows it. You cross one sister, both hate you." Somehow just knowing this bit of gossip and reciting it seems to fill Hitomi with a self-assurance. And a little bit of smug satisfaction.

---

Sunday, May 17th, Bibliotheca Argentea

: Mapple brightens up too early in the middle of your cunning little speech. "Oh, Ambrose, I'll get started right away!" She peers up at you with a face full of vibrant enthusiasm...! And then scowls, her tail wavering back and forth and making little pointed thrusts. "Why don't you cut the crap, Dull Blade!" She brandishes a finger and repeatedly points, jabbing it into your chest! "You think everybody's too stupid for you or something?!" Jab! "A pack of losers in some chill baby guild rocket up an entire tier in two weeks?! Who're you trying to fool, huh?!" JAB! Right in the chin! Mapple whirls around and crosses her arms, gripping her own shoulders. "Mark my words, Ambrose..." Venom drips down every syllable! "I will figure out your secret! And Ailuridae's! And why some dumbass dog guy beat the best PvPer in the game a god drat month after deciding that maybe there's more to life than resisting the temptation to drink something with a skull on the label!" She doesn't wait for your reply before storming off to the teleporter pad and poofing right out!

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

Ambrose PM with Weasel posted:

: "Nyehhh, you ever heard yourself talk?" The conversation terminates.

Ambrose PM with Isabelle posted:

You don't receive an immediate reply. After a tense few minutes as your group goes over preparations and team formation, Isabelle replies.

: You don't know how pleased I am that you came to me with this, Ambrose. I feel like I can really trust you. Maybe for the first time?

Thou shalt have the blessing of the Fortune arcana...

Your bonus to Support Personas of the Fortune Arcana increases to +3 Attack/Damage/Healing!

: Hahahaha. I should be the one scolding you. Would you really turn down a useful asset just because you personally dislike it, just a bit? That is immature. Besides, he is a first rate sneak and creep! *a little laughing Isabelle face emoticon, hand covering mouth* Who else could do things I personally dislike?

Ambrose. If I feel I can trust you now, maybe I can admit to you that I sent you to see these two because I am worried they are telling the truth. I am worried that somebody in ORDER would kill for unknown reasons, and that places me in danger. You can understand, I hope, that I can't exactly depend on that same ORDER to tell me the truth, or to investigate itself, yes? And if you're right about all these strange things and this "Joker", they aren't even the only threats? All I can trust right now is myself and you.

If I ask you to keep working with me, do you accept using our partnership to keep each other safe?

: "Ever since I learned about Takamura's death I've been worried that there's an evil force lurking within ORDER. And, well, I've had my doubts whether you are part of it or not. But I... think I can trust you too. I accept."

: Wonderful. Hitting the House of Fortune will hurt the others too. Make them move around a lot. I'll cut my losses, this is a nice chance to power up some allies. But you guys... you can't just waltz in with the keys. You'll need to defeat Headcount at the front door to show you're serious. He shows up at the last vault if you skip him. Oh, and Ambrose. This is very important. A lot of people have seen Headcount Wipe Videos. It was a short-lived meme for a few weeks. Everybody is well aware of his Diminishing Strike and Magic Missiles, the stacking debuff, that kind of thing.

The real trick is that you can never kite him for longer than a single round. Got that? If he can't release energy on two targets per Round for too long he'll supercharge. You'll have to figure out the rest yourself.

I'll be logging off for the rest of the night citing my work. Can't argue with real life, right? Good luck. I'll leave you enough to steal.

: "It's risky, but there's not really a choice that doesn't fit that bill. I'm in." Redd tentatively offers her extended hand, face down.

: "We're in a lotta trouble, but opportunity, trouble, they kinda look alike to th' meek. Let's take 'em for all they're worth!" He does the same, setting his hand atop hers.

The rest of them look to you to join in... (I'll be making another Teufelsbrucke post with the first map and prompt for Overseer choice with updated Overseer stats on Sunday night.)

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Aug 4, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Teufelsbrucke

Text Message to Noriko posted:

Akio: my rep isn't doing so hot either
Akio: try running a mindscape like mine when everyone looks at you with fear in their eyes
Akio: Charlotte even got between me and some newbies she was grouped with when I spoke with her a few days ago, as if she needed to protect them from me...
Akio: and I know, I don't have to do this with ORDER
Akio: but it's something I feel like I have to do
Akio: I know you hate them, but some of them are genuinely good people
Akio: and there's a murderer lurking in their midst...
Akio: if I can turn them against Bishop and whoever he might be working with, maybe ORDER could prove to be a useful ally to us?
Akio: I think it's worth a shot at least
Akio: but I just want you to know that no matter what happens, if there ever comes a time where I have to choose between you and ORDER, or you and Ailuridae, or anything else
Akio: I would never, ever betray you
Akio: because... I belong with you, and you belong with me (๑•́‧̫•̀๑)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

"You... You really are being really serious with Manami-san, grandma...." Tsukiyo says, her face going slightly pale. "I mean I could get it when you trained me and Big Bro that way, but she..."

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

"This is really going to suck." Flagelo shakes her head and shrugs. "Akio is right, we won't be able to operate on DDW servers if we do this, everyone will go for our heads unlike attacking a less popular place like the Necropolis."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea - Sunday, May 17th

The sheer intensity of Mapple's sudden outburst leaves Ambrose momentarily stunned. Fiesty sneaky woman indeed! He raises his hand as she storms off. "Ah, you might..." But she doesn't stop to hear his warning and disappears in a puff of red smoke as she steps on the teleporter pad. "...not want to take that teleporter without authorization." He leans back in his seat with a grin on his face and gently rubs his chest where he was so pointedly jabbed. It was a shame to see her leave so soon, but it was fun while it lasted. Ah well, she would get to enjoy the vast randomized teleporter maze underneath the library at her own leisure. Surely she was clever enough to find the exit before being frustrated to the point of logging out with a rage quit? His grin grows a bit wider.

"Dahlia, bring me the Tutorial Dungeon," he calls out to his fairy familiar. The glowing ball of light flits out from the hood of his cloak with her delicate wings and dances in front of him, bobbing up and down in wordless acknowledgement, then flies to a nearby bookcase and returns to him with a tome. "Thank you," he says, and receives a pleasant chime in response. "I wonder if our new friend knows Genjuro, considering the way she spoke about him..." He opens the tome, reaches for an enchanted quill and starts making adjustments to the challenge dungeon.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council

"I um... I'm not sure that'd be a good idea to talk to him, Takano-senpai... I don't think it would help anything..." Itsumi says, her face showing grave concern. When Akane comes in the room, she looks over to her. "Of course, I wouldn't mind helping out at all!" She briefly chuckles when Akane tries to guess her house, "No, nothing interesting like that... Just a boring old house!"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Itsumi:

: "He's my subordinate. I will correct this issue." And that's the end of trying to cover for Ichiro!

: "An old house? Those are the best kind! Is it run down? Any fire damage? Maybe it's really old and you've got people buried there!? That'd be so creepy.. and so cool.. believe me, Itsumi, I'm a real connoisseur of lovely houses!"

: Takano breaks kayfabe for a moment to laugh at Akane's comments, then clears her throat and shifts her business face back on as she tidies up the room and gathers her personal belongings. "It was nice talking with you, Kasaya-san."

: "Tomorrow's Sunday, we should do something!" Akane laces her fingers together into a little pleading gesture.

: With a soft sigh, Takano looks away from her sister. "I don't know... I don't think I feel much like it..."

: "Eh, why not? Is something wrong?" Akane drops the pleading as curiosity wins out instantly.

: "N.. No." Forced out into the unfamiliar, it's almost pitiable how bad she is at lying.

: Akane gets in her sister's face and waggles a finger! "You're so obvious! Are you still thinking about that guy!? Well, it can't be helped! He's just a little kid and he can't handle a formidable woman like you, and then you'll find someone who can!" Speaking with earnest sincerity, it proves to be infectious and Akane's smile spreads to Takano, who looks back to her sister for a moment before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Ack!"

: "You're right Akane, thank you."

---

Itsumi, Tsukiyo:

: Grandmother fixes another firm glare upon Tsukiyo. "She what, hmm? She was a lovely little hooligan, but she had sense enough to use dogeza." She perks up a bit and walks over to the table, looking over your school work. "See to it that I don't ask the same of you, Tsukiyo."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Karaoke

"Tch. Bothersome. Since it doesn't seem like Hitomi will let me out of this room unless I spill, here goes," Takashi takes a deep breath, building suspense with each passing second, "Hattori-senpai and I," another pause, even though he knows the words painfully well, "we're on a date the Sunday before midterms. At the amusement park. It was going well. Very well. We talked about our futures, we talked about our ambitions, and we rode a few rides," sensing them drawing closer to the edge of their seats he strategically pauses again.

Seconds before Hitomi is sure to let out a frustrated wail, he continues as though he'd never stopped, "We we're eating lunch. The conversation was becoming more serious. And then it happened," another perfect moment to fragment the story, another pause edging closer to an outburst from the gossip hound, "this shining knight just trots up on a white horse and extends his hand down to Hattori-senpai. She looked up at him and I knew we were done."

As soon as his friends begin their outraged exclamations, Takashi loses all composure and begins laughing, wrapping his arms around himself to hold the mirth in, "Oh my god, your face Tomi-chan, you should see it!" he doubles over laughing again.

After he has endured a thorough laugh, and quite a few less-than-playful hits from his former girlfriend-turned-friend, Takashi sits up straight to finish the story for real this time, "During lunch she asked me if I was serious. I said I was, and that my actions proved it. She wanted more, wanted me to bend my knee to the queen," he looks at his friends seriously, "I told her that I wouldn't be her pet, that we would be equals or nothing. She chose nothing. Simple as that."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

D-Did Tsukiyo just heard something really dangerous?! Specially since she's suspecting that Grandma might have found out that she has been reading the notes that grandpa once wrote about of the "other" sword style of the family...

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Takashi: Listening intently to another riveting Takashi tale of love and loss(there seem to be a few of these over the years...), Hitomi eventually breaks out laughing, stuck in non-stop belly laughs as she clutches her side and repeatedly fails to keep her composure. Masami looks off to the side and nervously chuckles while Jun snickers openly. Hiroko has rejoined the group in time to hear the story and seems to be holding a very polite and reserved absence of judgement, smiling awkwardly.

: "HAHAHAHAHA! Eee-hahahahah! Hahahaha! Heh-hee.. heh..! Heheehahahahahaha! Oh my God, Takashi!" She clutches her stomach with both arms and pitches forward, finally bringing herself down to a giggling fit. "I've never seen anybody so good at getting dates blow so many of them!" She sits up and snickers, grinning. "D-dohaha.. Don't you know anything about girls?!"

: "Ehhh, Takashi, didn't she just want you t..." Hitomi leans over and covers Masami's mouth with her hand!

: "Boys are supposed to make the first move! Hahahahaha!" She lets Masami go and leans over on the couch, still having a little fit.

: ".. The queen? Aren't you just two kids on a date? Heh heh heh.. that's really funny, Takashi." Somehow Jun has gone the whole night without singing. He's a cagey fellow!

: "Eto..." Hiroko Uhms. ".. I thought it was a cute story.. and a mature separation.. if they're not interested in each other that way?" The others peer over to Hiroko with a bit of interest, which makes her more self-aware and blush a bit. "... Well, it's a lot nicer than the story I heard about Takashi-san..."

quote:

: : "Are you for real, Tomi-chan?" Takashi looks at her entirely seriously, not even a blush from being he center of attention or being mocked by his friends, "You're serious? With that 1990s <bullshit> about women being the fairer sex and the man must always go first? You!?" he spares a glance for the room, "I mean... next you'll tell me that boys must always open doors for girls, and pick up every check," he smirks, running his hand over the growing stubble on his face, a result of having put off shaving since the Other City, "or is this perhaps a double standard?"

: Not one to be bothered by your wit, Hitomi lets out a sly new line of fresh giggles, covering her mouth and peering over her hand at Takashi to gauge his reaction. "Oh really? And you believe girls to tell you what they want? And yeah Hiroko, it's not what I heard at all."

: "Honestly, I'm relieved! I didn't want to think you were that kind of pervert..." Hiroko can't look Takashi in the eye for a moment, then works up to it and smiles warmly at him. "It didn't seem like you, those rumors, I mean.. but.. uhm.. is it true you were intimidated by her?" There's no malice, but it's a malicious subject.. !

: "No way! And that bit about leaving in tears can't be true! Tak'd rather die than cry!" At least Masami has your back, even if some unknown malcontent is trying to stab it!

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Karaoke

"If a girl can't speak her mind, then she's going to stay a girl until she's a shriveled up hag," he reaches out to pinch Hitomi's arm, a playful exchange they've shared for years, "but at least I don't have to worry about you ending up a hag with a million cats, Tomi-chan, you'll have someone in your web before long. If you don't already!"

To Hiroko, "Pervert? Don't know where that one got started but no. I don't frighten easily, and she doesn't intimidate me. In a lot of ways she and I are alike, I don't think we'd even know fear if we were looking it in the eyes," his eyes grow really intense for a moment, letting a bit of the feral energy from attak bleed through, "I'm not above a good cry," he winks at Hiroko, "but I definitely didn't cry because we parted ways. As I've said, it... well its not what I expected, but you can mope or you can dust yourself off and keep moving forward. I know where I'm headed, and I'll get there no matter what."

His smile waxes towards melancholy for a moment, but then fades back to lustrous, "Now come on, why are we talking about stupid gossip when we could be enjoying ourselves! Jun! Masami!" he stands up and points at his male friends, "Get up here and help me serenade these lovely women from the back catalog of trash millennial boybands!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Harassing Goro

Offline:
Startled as she is, Noriko manages to not make a scene despite herself! How was she going to handle this situation?!?? After settling her emotions, she just finds herself getting angry! 'a beautiful woman without discretion', huh? what kind of creep does that with the window open!? Noriko finds herself fuming as she sits on the bench. Sure, she was wrong for spying, but come on!!!! Though she does her best to tune out Goro's personal grossness, she can't help but let her curiosity get the better of her. Opening up her internet browser on her phone, she enters the phrase "A cleansing flame of absolution rises deep within me" into one of the B-String search engines that people mainly use for this sort of thing!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 8, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council

Seeing Takano and Akane talk about a break up sets her curiosity off. Itsumi considers the best way to approach the situation before 'checking in' on her. Sounding gravely concerned, she gently addresses her senpai, "Takano-senpai... is everything alright? You seem pretty upset..."

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Aug 8, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Teufelsbrucke
Music

(If you have not posted a finished Level 16 Character sheet in the OOC thread, please do so. Please finalize your choices of Support Personas, Weakness Bonus, any purchased loot and so on.)

Whether or not you participate in the team building exercise, you've agreed upon striking the House of Fortune, or Fortune House. The Auction House! Or the largest one at least, firmly under ORDER's oversight and in their shared Mindscape. You can now select up to 3 Overseers at once! However, today one of them must be either Redd or Weasel and the other will join your party! (Overseers have been upgraded for Level 16.)

quote:

Redd: Hot-Blooded(Passive): Gain Fire and Cold Resist +10, adding to existing Resistances.
Hercules Swing(Daily): Starting at Range 3 from Any one Ally, make a 1d20+22 Attack vs Fortitude on one Enemy. On a Hit deal 3d10+18 Damage and Push 5. On a Miss deal Half Damage and make a Bull Rush (1d20+22) vs Fortitude with Push 1 on a Hit.

Otherwise, Redd is a Hybrid Warden/Slayer. She can freely apply Marks, is sturdier than most and can deal average damage.

Weasel: Shadow Sneak(Passive): Gain Poison and Acid Resist +10, adding to existing Resistances.
Seditious Spread(Daily): Within Close Burst 3 from any one Ally, select up to 2 Allies and up to 2 Enemies. Rearrange them as you please. Targets that cannot be Pushed/Pulled/Slid are not moved.

Otherwise, Weasel is a Hybrid Rogue/Assassin. He has a toolbox of esoteric utilities and can deal decent damage.

Headcount looms over the whole of the Auction House, as per usual. Entering the House of Fortune you immediately see your target standing in his default starting position. Every so often he is known to patrol the massive grand lobby of the Auction House, humming with energy as he performs unknown checks on his surroundings. He will not show aggression until he identifies somebody else doing so or attempting to do something "illegal." (Though not illustrated on the maps below...) There are a large number of player held stalls and merchants haggling for their wares under the glorious golden decorations of the House. Along the same wall that Headcount stands guard at are the windows for the clockwork attendants to provide the Auction services. You could even purchase goods before you begin the heist! It seems nobody is aware of your impending criminal activities... you will dictate the start of the battle!

You may move as you please and perform any number of checks or preparatory actions until somebody chooses to strike, at which point you are all locked into place and have a Surprise Round!

Bright Purple Lines indicate Walls that break LOS.
The Large Circle is 10 feet high, a display stage.
Silver Pillars block Line of Sight at squares Adjacent to their Base.
The Chandelier is 50 feet above the ground.

quote:

Headcount: Damage Taken: ???, AC/F/R/W 33/30/30/30
Energy Charge: 0/???
Size: Huge (18 Feet Tall)
Reach: Melee

Fully Armored: DR 15, Speed 5

Diminishing Seals: Headcount's Melee Strikes stack a Mark that increases damage taken from his Melee Strikes. Headcount's Ranged Blasts stack a different Mark for further Ranged Blasts. The entire Stack is cleared by any Mark clearing effect or at the End of His Next Turn since the last application.

Weaknesses: ???
Immunity: Force

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 31, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

|

Voting Redd/Ryuka/Drusilla, then moving to loiter within charge range of Headcount until we commence, using burly doggo form to dissuade patrons from being too near without actively being a threat.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Music

Itsumi: Your gentle approach works well, as Akane favors you with a warm smile and Takano nods to you.

: "I went on a second date with a boy in your year, Kurokawa Takashi. I thought things were going well..." She sighs, her voice a bit strained as she continues. "We had a disagreement and he walked out on me.. right there.." Takano looks to Itsumi and it's at this moment you realize that she was never even aware of your feud. "We've barely spoken since."

: Akane gets even further pumped up and hugs Takano quickly, then pulls back and grabs her shoulders for a big pep talk! "He's an idiot! He'll realize what a big mistake he made some day!" She grins cheekily. "And Tak, if you want, I'll rough him up.." She brings up her fists in a little mock fighter's pose, exaggerated for comedy. She pitches her voice like some cheesy day-time crime drama star! "Trash like him, I leave 'em sprawled out on th' curb!"

: Takano laughs joyfully and smiles, grabbing Akane's foremost fist with both of her hand owns. She grins at Itsumi. "It's the weekend, we should do something fun, you know? Mmm.." She considers for a moment, but by the sidelong glance she gives to Akane, you get the feeling they had something in mind already. The two sisters look to Itsumi as Takano continues. "Do you like karaoke?" Akane looks to you expectantly and nods rapidly as a suggestion.

Itsumi: You can join the two and spend your Saturday Night in a karaoke club, singing your hearts out. This won't consume any time slots!

---

Noriko: Looking up the line, you come across the most obvious source, the original Warhammer 40k wiki, attributed to the Sisters of Battle. Adding a few keywords reveals that it is tied to a few esoteric doujins, a flash porn game and an animated cartoon series portraying ludicrously out of character sexual encounters between ferociously rugged men! Is this... bara?! The battle cries of the attractive yet clothed Sisters are simply part of an overly elaborate battle scene that against all odds leads to a battle between a thick Ork and a powerful Space Marine, and as the Marine declares that "an open heart is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded" and they're shirtless and a Waaaggh is imminent... Goro closes the program and composes himself. Crowley may be a bit baffled by what he has witnessed but his animal instincts sharpen as a new possible threat enters the scene, the door to Goro's room sounding with a quiet knock.

: "C-Come in!" Goro looks up, a bit awkward due to his most recently viewed media for sure, but clearly expecting this guest.

: Crowley involuntarily hops to the side and peers upon the room at the most reserved angle, shocked to see the shadow-wrapped figure of the boy from Other School step into the room! Even in real life Joker is wearing his fox mask and openly channeling magical power. He stands at a polite, formal distance from Goro, who remains seated. "I'm glad I could meet you today, Goro. Have you thought about what we discussed last time?" His voice still crackles and hisses occasionally but the effect is far more subdued. You can make out a low young man's voice, spoken by somebody not used to projecting from their chest, thus making their words sound a bit more airy, like wind is just leaving his throat without personality.

: "Expecting you, should've come sooner. I remember your deal. Too bad though. Not confident in it." Goro leans forward, elbow set on his chair's arm rest, pointing at Joker as though to make a point.

: "There's not a lot of confidence in this game... the others are too strong, moving too directly. Guys like us have to stick to the sides, hit them where they're weak. It's not safe to confront them directly, really." He sighs, occasionally gesturing with a hand to emphasize something said, but lacking the energy to raise it above where it rests by his waist.

: "Haha, yeah, well, have to disagree. I've picked a side. The game sounds good. Always knew it. Always knew, you know. Stuff in the world we can't see, parallel to everything, like there's a normie-verse and the real world."

: ".. You've picked a side? I hope you've put some serious thought into this... we can be allies. We can remain friends. Goro, I need more help." He takes a step forward and raises both hands, making angry, frustrated fists, his shoulders hunching as he clenches them. "They killed my brother.."

---

(Before I forget, Takashi gains +1 Courage from the Karaoke scene.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

Flagelo - Casino

Staying at D-5 for a while if problem arises, going to stay "undercover" much like .attak.

Also voting Drusilla/Redd but going with Masami instead of Ryuka

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Harassing Goro

"b-b-bara!?" Noriko is stunned! After a moment, she feels a little bad for not having considered the possibility. Still, she's both relieved and compelled by joker's sudden arrival.

As the conversation continues, Noriko cant help but let her curiosity get the better of her. Hopping close to the window, Crowley tilts his head as he regards Goro and Joker, eyes whirling with a curious intelligence before he speaks in a hollow pantomime of Noriko's voice.

"...Takamura? Or is the body count higher than one?" Hopping up onto the windowsill, the crow ruffles his feathers before continuing. "Sorry to interrupt, but i've been trying to pin you both down for a while now and it's getting a little tiresome, being avoided. I dont want to be your enemy. Can we talk?"

After a moment, the crow adds: "...please?

Orokos.com/roll/652162

Diplomacy: 43

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 15, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio Ambrose <the Black Blade> // The House of Fortune

Ambrose lifts the hood of his enchanted cloak over his head as he steps into the auction house. While it did cast his face in shadows it didn't do much to hide his identity, as he was still dressed in his usual white and silver outfit. Still, with the amount of people gathered in the area it was easy to blend in with the crowd for the moment. That would all change soon, however. He'd considered changing his appearance, but it was obvious that they would never escape notice with a plan like this. A poo poo plan in his mind, but he'd gotten fed up with nobody listening to him so he kept that to himself.

At least it no longer felt like a suicide mission on the whole. The relief he felt that his gambit had worked--and that he had gotten Isabelle's blessing to attack her own mindscape--was immense. He makes his way to the far side of the auction house floor and lingers within melee range of Headcount. "This is your plan," he says over party chat. "So why don't you pull the trigger."

Moving to A8
Voting for Redd, Ryuka and Felix

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Aug 15, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council

"Sure, that sounds like a great time! I'll definitely come!" Itsumi says, grateful to be making friends in high places, and relieved to see that the "rivalry" was both one sided and over.

DDW

Sunbright keeps her head down and moves to within ten feet of Headcount, pretending to browse the wares of the shop there, trying to act as inconspicuous as possible.

Loiter at E12

Vote for Ryuka, Felix, Weasel

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Itsumi sits with her phone in her lap, palms sweaty as Sunbright bounces in place nervously for a moment while everyone positions themselves. Once she sees that everyone is in place, she draws her greatspear and /yells,

quote:

[Sunbright] yells: EVERYONE /lay ON THE loving GROUND RIGHT NOW!
[Sunbright] yells: PUT YOUR loving HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEADS
[Sunbright] yells: WE'RE NOT AFTER YOU, WE'RE AFTER THE HOUSE
[Sunbright] yells: SO DON'T ANYONE TRY ANYTHING STUPID!
[Sunbright] yells: BEING A HERO WON'T GET YOU ANYWHERE BUT THE NEAREST GRAVEYARD

Hopefully having dealt with all the bystanders, Sunbright strikes out at Headcount, who is now solidly staring at her. She aims to sunder his defenses, but unfortunately her attack seems to miss its mark...

Surprise Action: Demoralizing Strike (0) vs AC: 1d20+25 27 1d10+12 17

pre:
orokos sheet
AC/F/R/W: 34/28/27/34
HP: 111/111
PP:  10/10

IOU 1 combat block <3

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 16, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

Oi, oi isn't this going too far? Icchan seems to be too much into it. Still... Guess it's time to act. Flagelo brings out twin blades out of thin air! "Time to try this thing I've started to practice... The secret family style, thunder and lightning!" She enters a combat pose and focus directly on the enemy before her!

Setting big guy as my Hunter's Quarry!

http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7860

pre:
HP: 129/129 (0)	        AC:	31	Passive Insight: 27
Surges: 12/12 (V: 36)   For:	32  	Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +16		Ref:	31	Action Points: 0
Speed: 8		Will:	29	Fortune Points: 3/3
Languages: Common, Giant	Vision: Normal

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Twin Strike            [ ] Second Wind           [ ] Second Wind
Careful Attack         [ ]Sohei Flurry           [ ] Frenzied Skirmish 
Hunter's Quarry        [ ] Fox's Cunning         [ ] Attacks on the Run
Bancho's Pride         [ ] Disruptive Strike     [ ] Blade Cascade 
                       [ ] Cross Body Parry      [ ] Root Gate
                       [ ] Armor Splinter        [ ] Howling Winds
                       [ ] Stone's Endurance
                       [ ] Perfect Sohei Parry
                       [ ] Weave Through the Fray

Fate
[ ] Storm Strike
[ ] Be Gone

Item  
[ ] Sharpshooter (Day)
[ ] Mercurial Mind (Enc)
[ ] Great Tutor Armor (Day)
[ ] Torc of Power (Day)
[ ] Belt of Lucky Strikes (Day)
[ ] Wildrunners (Day) 
[ ] Wolf's Fang (Enc)
[ ] Strikebacks (Enc)
[ ] Ring of Giants (Day) 
[ ] War Ring (Day)

Passives:.
Roll Twice on Ath rolls to Jump or Climb
Wield One-Handed Weapons as off-hand
Give up 1 damage die from HQ to Slow UEOTN
CA vs Immobilized/Slowed
Hit Immobilized/Slow knocks prone
+2 attack with Light Blades, +4 if enemy grants CA
Draw weapon/item with same action to attack/use
+5 Damage, +1 attack to enemy that I'm closest to or alone
Gain CA against all enemies during first turn
If crit with main weapon can do MBA with off-hand
+1 to AC and Melee rolls if dual-wielding
+2 to AC and reflexes UEOTN if hit at least twice with attacks this turn
Action Point: Can do MBA with main and off-hand with WIS mod bonus damage

Item Passives
Wildrunners: When Running, Move your Speed +4.
Horned helmet: +1d6 damage when charging
Cloak: If bloodied can use two healing surges instead of one
Sharpshooter: +2 damage to lone enemy, Hit enemy gets -2 to ranged/area attack rolls UEOTN
Ring of Giants: +8 to crit damage
War Ring: +1d6 crit damage to jagged weapon, +1d8 to rapier
Bracers: +1d6 fire damage to melee
Jagged Rapier (Main Weapon): 19-20 Crit
Wolf's Fang: Brutal 2
Action Point: +2 all defenses UEOTN when using AP

Support Persona
Ravana (Devil) 
Maeigaon (+17 vs Will, Range 8, Burst 2, All Creatures, Deals 2d8+8 Necrotic Damage and -2 Fortitude)
Agidyne (+17 vs Reflex, Range 8, 1 Enemy, Deals 3d10+12 Fire Damage)
Demonic Decree (+17 vs Will, Range 5, Burst 1, Targets Enemies. Affected Enemies have -3 Attack/Damage(Save Ends))
Amplify Might(Passive): Adds +4 Damage to Melee/Ranged Weapon Powers and MBAs/RBAs
Ten Mantras(Utility, Daily): Forces a Result of 20 on a Skill Knowledge Check. Knowledge must be obtainable by Caster
Resist Acid 20, Resist Psychic 20
Immune: Necrotic
Weakness: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Radiant

Rank 2 Academics *** [+2 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 2 Charm **** [+2 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 3 Courage ***  [+3 +Str/Con Skills]

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - The Heist!

"Wh-whaaaa???" Memento-Mori looks a bit stunned at Sunbright's sudden outburst. Trying to contain her laughter, she scrambles to get in closer.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: uwaa!!!!!!
Memento-Mori: Holy poo poo! =’①。①’;;;= Sunbright!
Memento-Mori: I didn't know you had it in you!!!!!
Memento-Mori: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Scrambling to keep up, Noriko types furiously into area broadcast:

/Yell posted:

Memento-Mori: listen to what the lady says and you can all make it to your raids on time tonight!
Memento-Mori: nobody has to lose anything tonight who doesn't have an ORDER guild tag!
Memento-Mori: right now, the definition of a hero is somebody who loses their support persona standing around in town! so let's not have any loving heroes!!!!

Move to H 9

Free Crowley Move: Move to L 8

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 17, 2018

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

/

When Itsumi gains Headcount's attention, the fully committed Lava Pup comes rushing in from the side, brandishing a huge, jagged bone in his maw! With expert precision, .attak uses his momentum to ram the jagged edge into a weak spot in Headcount's frame, not the largest hit, but still a start!

---
Charge to ~B7 - Reach 1 Weapon: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+27 40 2d6+16 21 - rerolling (Brutal 1) - 22 + 6 (Takedown Strike) == 28 damage and prone.

pre:
.attak    						 
HP : 128/128 (THP: 00)   Passive Insight    : 27    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 9/9 (V: 36)     Passive Perception : 32    1 Defend       35/33/31/30
Initiative : +14         Vision : Low-light         2 Fury         33/33/31/30
Speed : 10                                          3 Bloodied     +1/+1/+1/+3
Action Points : [1]      Fortune Points : [3/3]     Fate Points : [3/3]

At Will               
Jarring Smash               Stalk and Strike            Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura               Kord's Force                Strutting Bull

Encounter
[ ] Brutal Slam             [ ] Curtain of Steel        [ ] Blood for Strength
[ ] Thri-Kreen Claws        [x] Takedown Strike         [ ] Screaming Hawk Strike
[x] Stone Fist Flurry       [ ] Second Wind             [ ] Perfect Howl of the Alpha Wolf
[ ] Lunar Blessing

Daily
[ ] Thunder Hooves Rage     [ ] Vengeful Storm Rage     [ ] Ancestral War Band Rage
[ ] Ignore Pain             [ ] Fearsome Presence       [ ] Hive Consciousness
[ ] Inspire Fervor (Fate)   [ ] Mark of Victory (Fate)  [ ] Tactical Withdrawal (Fate)

Items::
[ ] Grip of the Abyss (Daily, Free)
[ ] Red Prayer Beads (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Deadeye Watcher (Daily, Free)
[ ] Mask of the Guilty Corpse (Daily, Free)
[ ] Kord's Mighty Strength (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ring of Strutting Bull (Daily, Free)

Passives:
Elemental  :  DR13 vs. Fire, DR3 vs. Cold, DR3 vs. Thunder
Defender   :  Aura 1, -2 to attack rolls that don't include me - +2 AC while active
Fury       :  Lose Defender Aura, gain +2d8 damage on at-wills
Stalker    :  +CA vs. isolated enemies, +2 damage vs. blooded targets, Reach 1 when wielding Gouge
Wolfhound  :  When Raging, allies within Aura 5 gain +2 damage on melee attacks
Nightmare  :  On AP, all enemies suffer -2 attack UEOMNT
Unyielding :  +1 AC/Fort/Reflex, +3 Will when Bloodied
Trained    :  Roll saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn, +3 to all saves
Heartless  :  +2 attacks/damage for 1 turn after using Second Wind
Armed      :  Once per turn, draw or stow as a free action
Leap       :  Always considered to have a running start, roll Athletics twice and use the better result
Nap        :  Gain benefits of extended rest after 4 hours

Persona:
Megalodon (Strength *****)
Colossal Bite (+18 vs Fort, Melee, Deals 3d8+8 Physical Damage to one Enemy. Add +4 to Attack/Damage if they are Bloodied and heal Str+Con Mod HP on successful hit)
Crashing Swell (+18 vs Fort, activate on Charge. All Creatures. Deals 1d6+6 Physical and 1d6+6 Cold in CB2, Pull 1, and creates CB2 of Difficult Terrain UEOMNT. Costs two Fortune Points)
Great Terror (+18 Fear, vs Will, CB1, Enemies Shift up to 4 Tiles Away from caster if it is possible for them to Move, then have -4 Attack on their next Turn)
Shark(Passive): Gain +2 Attack/Damage UEOMNT on Bloodying Enemy, once per Round. Grants Swim Speed equal to Move Speed and Underwater Breathing
Half Damage Taken: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Thunder (Apply Resists after Halving)
Weakness: Fire, Force, Psychic

Sword Emblem: +1 attack/damage (per target) UEONT when striking weakness.
Lunar Blessing: (Encounter, Free) Adds 1d6 Cold/Lightning to Next Attack

IRL:
IRL Stats
Rank 3 Academics   [13/17] [+3 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 3 Charm       [10/17] [+3 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 2 Courage     [09/10] [+2 Str/Con Skills]

Mortify fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // The House of Fortune - Heist

"Heh, I didn't realize you two were so into this." Ambrose smirks. "Let's have some dumb fun then..." He reaches out with his spell casting hand toward Headcount, giving him a 'tap' on the shoulder and placing his mark on the guardian. "Let's see how tough you really are, robo."

Minor: Aegis of Shielding: Headcount is Marked.
pre:
Ambrose
HP: 153/153 (THP: 3)	AC:	39 	Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 13/13 (V: 42)	Fort:	28 	Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +12		Ref:	33 	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 7		Will:	32 	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Deep Speech	Fortune Points: 3/3

Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+25; 1d8r2+14

At-Will			   Encounter		  Daily
Aegis of Shielding	   [ ]Fey Step		  [ ]Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		   [ ]Armathor's Step	  [ ]Swordmage Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		   [ ]Dimensional Slash   [ ]Reaper's Challenge
			   [ ]Argent Rain	  [ ]Impenetrable Warding
Encounter Interrupts	   [ ]Beguiling Strands   [ ]Dragon Scales
[ ]Countering Thunderclap  [ ]Brawling Warrior	  Fate
[ ]Dimensional Vortex	   [ ]Insightful Riposte  [ ]Compact of Peace
[ ]Transposing Lunge	   [ ]Second Wind	  [ ]White Tiger Rage
			   [ ]Perfect Arcana      [ ]Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Magic Items
[ ]Gauntlets of Zeal (Enc, Free): Lose up to 5 THP to deal extra Force/Radiant Damage.
[ ]Shogun's Kimono (Enc, Interrupt): -13 damage from attack against me and allies by marked enemy.
([ ]Band of Jade Venom (Daily, Free): Targets hit by a daily take 8 Ongoing Poison. Save DC 12.)
[ ]Black Death (Daily, Free): Target hit by this weapon is dazed UEONT.
[ ]Bladed Bolter Bandolier (Daily, Free): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[ ]Cloak of Translocation +3 (Daily, Minor): Regain the use of a teleportation encounter power.
[ ]Eladrin Boots (Daily * Teleportation, Move): Teleport 10.
[ ]Guardian's Whistle (Daily, Move): Teleport ally within Close Burst 10 to an adjacent square.
[ ]Incisive Dagger +3 (Daily * Teleportation, Minor): Teleport 10.
[ ]True Eladrin Ring of Passage (Daily * Teleportation, Move): Teleport 8, does not require LOS.
2x Beginner's Mocha (Minor): Spend a Healing Surge. Gain 6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT.
1x Perfect Donuts (Minor): Gain Regeneration 3 UEOE.
1x Thread of Fate (Free): Gain BV THP or Succeed on Skill Check or Regain 1 Daily & max Fortune Points.

Passives
The Song, Weakness Bonus: gain 1/2 Surge Value as THP, stacking up to twice with existing THP.
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws vs. charm effects.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.
Cowboy's Hat: Aegis boosts my next attack +2 damage. Teleporting boosts Aegis +2.
Ring of Uncanny Judgement: Automatically know distance and direction to marked targets.
Swordshield Action: After spending an action point, gain +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Eladrin's Challenge: Penalty of my mark is -3.
Improved Silver Shield: Gain 14 THP when using Aegis of Shielding Interrupt.
Superior Will: Save vs. dazed or stunned at start of turn, even if not save ends.

Support Persona: Seiryu (World ****)
Ziodyne: +23 vs Reflex. Range 8. Deals 2d8+7+7 Lightning and 2d8+7+7 Thunder Damage to one Enemy.
Dragon's Breath: +23 vs Reflex. Close Blast 3. Deals 2d4+4+7 Fire and 2d4+4+7 Force Damage to all Enemies.
Divine Wind (Encounter, Move Action, Range 5): You or target Ally can Fly up to 7 squares and do not provoke OAs.
Glimpse of Megido: +25 vs Will. Range 5. Auto-Crits for 2d6+6+7(25) Divine Damage that cannot be Resisted. 
	Activates any benefites related to Critical Hits. Costs 2 Fortune Points.
Blessing of Wood (Passive): +20 Maximum HP.
Resist Physical 15
Weakness: Fire, Necrotic

Social Stats
Academics: Rank 3 [2/7]
Charm:     Rank 2 [4/5]
Courage:   Rank 2 [3/5]