Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
like yeah you can take a GMO plant and breed a desirable trait found in it that may be patented into your own crops. this takes a lot of time, space, money and effort though, things the average hillbilly doesn't possess in much abundance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
kinda like the argument for and against rolling your own linux. its a cool concept and in theory anyone can do it, but for some reason the vast majority prefer to buy windows

Woden
May 6, 2006
You can still pirate Windows afaik and I doubt it becomes unusable after a year when you do so it's a bit different.

3rd world countries are fine with ignoring IP laws, these seeds sound pretty hard to pirate so if you want to secure your food production it's either buy in with US mega corps and all the US laws or roll your own/pirate other seeds.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Woden posted:

You can still pirate Windows afaik and I doubt it becomes unusable after a year when you do so it's a bit different.

3rd world countries are fine with ignoring IP laws, these seeds sound pretty hard to pirate so if you want to secure your food production it's either buy in with US mega corps and all the US laws or roll your own/pirate other seeds.

you can also steal GMO seeds yeah

I'm really sorry plants are complicated as gently caress and it takes a lot of money to do R&D

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Woden posted:

It's not so bad in the west but I can definitely see why African nations are wary, like if second or later gen. GMO seeds are worse than what they have now you're kinda screwing yourself in the long run.

That's not a GMO thing, it's a (conventional) F1 hybrid thing. If anything, GMOs stay good much more consistently than current high performance crops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
really the problem with africa is new, more efficient technology

• Locked thread