Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

I don't know how people could have watched him and worried about how he would fit.

Same, all of the talk about not having a jumpshot seemed so dumb. LeBron didnt have a good jumpshot until he was 24 and he turned out ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Glumslinger posted:

Same, all of the talk about not having a jumpshot seemed so dumb. LeBron didnt have a good jumpshot until he was 24 and he turned out ok

I like how people cried out in fear of his shot chart because of the jumpers but failed to notice that he was shooting like 54 or 56% at the rim (well above average) despite everyone in the world knowing thats where he is going to shoot from while also being double teamed shooting from there.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Brett Brown watching a replay of that Simmons pass.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sixers/status/750119134369763328

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Brett Brown watching a replay of that Simmons pass.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sixers/status/750119134369763328

I'm really interested to see what kind of NBA coach Brett Brown is now that there is actual (non-center) NBA talent on the team.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The knicks might lose every single summer league game

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Heat summer league owns. Winslow, Richardson, and Weber are a ridiculous trio.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Simmons and Anderson should not really be on a summer league team but I'm enjoying this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Ah, if I had really thought about it this would've been the year to go to Utah Summer League since I ended up having a four day weekend during when it actually happened. A weekend in Utah in July is much preferable to a weekend in Arizona in July.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's bring on the Payne!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please give mitch minutes this year Billy

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Please give mitch minutes this year Billy

I think that's gonna happen. Do you like him over Huestis? Also that Niyang dude looks like a steal.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think that's gonna happen. Do you like him over Huestis? Also that Niyang dude looks like a steal.

I think they play different positions and want both to get pt

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
PAYNE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Huestis keeps going up and getting swatted lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Huestis 3 a very good sign

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Payne is showing great vision

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/750817537709842432

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

My hunch is Dejounte Murray was drafted 29 because he's borderline NBA talent. How much of his high draft stock from Ford (is it ford?) was Rich Paul advertising? He looks like he's got a lot of weaknesses.

Only caught the last 6 minutes but he's looked decent and has a decent statline.

Edit: Murray perfectly shows why he almost went in the second round by losing the game with his terrible defense.

Bashez fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jul 8, 2016

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Ben Simmons time let's gooo

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Simmons' vision is loving unreal

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Jota posted:

Simmons' vision is loving unreal

Like 20/10?

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
that joe young dunk

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Wow they've got Kakarot himself on their team

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
TJ Mcconnell sucks so bad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Coach had to yell at Christian Wood to get him to remember he was supposed to roll #JustSummerLeagueThings

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/751245700604653568

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Transition, passing looked great, everything else, bad or okay

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Apparently Beasley requested to play in Summer League. Super focused and presumably sometimes sober Michael Beasley could be a dangerous weapon

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've really enjoyed Vince Carter on commentary past couple years. He said he intends to play a couple more years but he has a career when he is done.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Clippers summer league team is so bad.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

The Clippers summer league team is so bad.

And the knicks might have the worst ever

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hi i'm Rick's guest, I was invited here to watch Mutombo's father play basketball

E: is the play by play guy announcing by a CB radio?

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 8, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Hi i'm Rick's guest, I was invited here to watch Mutombo's father play basketball

E: is the play by play guy announcing by a CB radio?

Welcome!

They don't seem to be featuring him much though :(

And yeah I have no idea what was up with the commentary there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Is that Layzie Bone on the Bucks' roster?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
how is thon maker so far

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
One thing I'm not crazy about w/ Simmons, you'll see him soar for a rebound and he looks like a man among boys, then a minute later there'll be a very similar rebounding opportunity (or chance to contest a shot) and he stays floorbound like, yeah no big deal, I'll get my double-double anyway. Haven't watched his second summer league game but this showed up in the first and in college.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ragle posted:

One thing I'm not crazy about w/ Simmons, you'll see him soar for a rebound and he looks like a man among boys, then a minute later there'll be a very similar rebounding opportunity (or chance to contest a shot) and he stays floorbound like, yeah no big deal, I'll get my double-double anyway. Haven't watched his second summer league game but this showed up in the first and in college.

He was hurting for most of the first game.

He rebounded well the second game but he's obv on cruise control at about 60% because you know summer league.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

chunkles posted:

how is thon maker so far

He runs a little bit weird and he had a nice offensive rebound, that's really all i've seen him do since i've been watching.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

chunkles posted:

how is thon maker so far

His first shot was an airball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Put my boy McRae back in so that some points might be scored

• Locked thread