Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Thom looks like he has a nice touch around the rim if he doesn't get stuffed. I'm not totally sure why he is out on the three most plays though. They won't pass to him out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Kay Felder is a quality basketball player and Thon Maker needs to play more basketball against good players

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

chunkles posted:

how is thon maker so far

He engineered a 4 pt play. Then went back to being invisible. Tyrone Lue seems pretty well-adjusted, ok guy.

edit- he looks like he's got good footwork/mobility, and like Rick said, soft hands.
/summerleague

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jul 8, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'll probably head over and catch some games Sunday since the Raptors game won't be at 7.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Kay Felder is a quality basketball player and Thon Maker needs to play more basketball against good players

Kay is getting some good assists. I need to see a dunk before I get excited though.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Milwaukee's bigs are not up to guarding Kay Felder

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Thon hasn't looked very good

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm hyped up to see some motherfuckin UPSIDE POTENTIAL

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

max @MaxRappaport

Thon Maker’s going to be able to tell his grandchildren about that game-saving block…

Later today when he sees them.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Redgrendel2001 posted:

max @MaxRappaport

Thon Maker’s going to be able to tell his grandchildren about that game-saving block…

Later today when he sees them.

lol

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Thon was here before the river and the trees; Thon remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn. When the Elves passed westward, Thon was here already, before the seas were bent. He knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless – before the Dark Lord came from Outside.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

montreeeeeeeeeeeez dyed his hair partly red. bold move.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chunkles posted:

Thon was here before the river and the trees; Thon remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn. When the Elves passed westward, Thon was here already, before the seas were bent. He knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless – before the Dark Lord came from Outside.

I like the reference.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

chunkles posted:

Thon Maker is an Ent.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Thon Maker is an Ent.

*wrong buzzer*

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

*wrong buzzer*

I know I know, but he's very Entish.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Bashez posted:

My hunch is Dejounte Murray was drafted 29 because he's borderline NBA talent. How much of his high draft stock from Ford (is it ford?) was Rich Paul advertising? He looks like he's got a lot of weaknesses.

Only caught the last 6 minutes but he's looked decent and has a decent statline.

Edit: Murray perfectly shows why he almost went in the second round by losing the game with his terrible defense.

I guess that's why there's no defense in this highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4WAAwiJFo

I didn't see the game, but his offense looks pretty good in these clips.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

dekker falling on his back :ohdear:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Juaguocio posted:

I guess that's why there's no defense in this highlight reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu4WAAwiJFo

I didn't see the game, but his offense looks pretty good in these clips.

To basehz:

He's tall for a pg, super quick, has a great great handle, he's a pretty good finisher. Was a good defender in college

His cons: Not a pure point by any means, really a combo guard , not a good shooter at all
My amazing prediction, if he can shoot he should be an NBA player, if not, then he won't be! !

A lot of great athlete big combo types with great handles have failed due to lack of jumper, lately. Tony Wroten is a prime example

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

that dekker dunk was very nice

e: beasley went 3 for 15 lol

https://streamable.com/urt4

chunkles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 9, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Dunn 👀👀👀👀

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Really enjoying this Raptor Summer League Team.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Metapod posted:

Dunn 👀👀👀👀

he's lookin like a dandy

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Ingram vs Hield time!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
SHUT UP ESPN

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Metapod posted:

SHUT UP ESPN

a thousand times this

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Randle would have finished that Nance

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No one on the Pels wants to take the inbound pass ever lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Metapod posted:

No one on the Pels wants to take the inbound pass ever lol

Lol, I noticed that, too.

Halfway through the first quarter and Buddy hasn't shown me anything special, yet.

Chieck looks lost, but he moves really well and actually boxes out. That doesn't matter really, because even these other SL guys are pushing him around.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy!!! :getin:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Zubac with two blocks in one possession. Awesome.

Ingram floating to the rim pretty easily. Also Awesome.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Anyone who says gentry is under the Kerr coaching tree is a dipshit

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Diallo looks like an overgrown kid playing with men right now. Not sure if that is bad or promising.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Diallo has no idea how to roll without getting in his ballhandler's way.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
:lol: Lakers fans were calling Russell a bust after a bad first quarter, now calling him a god after a good second quarter

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol: Lakers fans were calling Russell a bust after a bad first quarter, now calling him a god after a good second quarter

Earnest question: do these fans that you talk to know what a good player is?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't know what Pels fans are saying because I stopped frequenting the fan forums sometime in late winter. No perspective and hyper-reactive just like the Laker fans you are describing.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Metapod posted:

Earnest question: do these fans that you talk to know what a good player is?

Its an internet forum, so no

The irony of this statement is fully understood and intended

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Its an internet forum, so no

The irony of this statement is fully understood and intended

What's the irony? This is a family not a forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012