Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Internet Family :glomp:

Zubac with the and 1.

I need a :zubats: smilie.

humpthewind fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Pels MOVE THE BALL

:lol: Not even when we had CP3.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

humpthewind posted:

Internet Family :glomp:

Zubac with the and 1.

I need a :zubats: smilie.

I love my dumb, 2nd round center

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kibner posted:

:lol: Not even when we had CP3.

I get so infuriated by stagnant offenses.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I love my dumb, 2nd round center

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

I get so infuriated by stagnant offenses.

It's tolerable if there is off-ball movement. Which is beyond this group of SL players, apparently.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My buddy half time breakdown:
- he showed his range but is having difficulty getting into a rhythm due to stagnant offense and being too cute inside
- is showing good vision but his passes lack touch
- is underestimating the athleticism of the Lakers squad

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
nice lil turnaround

lol Z is a fuckin monster

Brolander fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 9, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Diallo is going to need to be more aggressive about bumping his man off his spots before and after they get the ball.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Nance swatted the gently caress out of Hield.

and then with a block on Hield on the next possession.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I do like how rough Buddy is playing off-ball defense, though. Lots of bumping.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why is bill walton not commentating this?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

Why is bill walton not commentating this?

i ask myself this question all the time and not even always while watching basketball

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

i ask myself this question all the time and not even always while watching basketball

Same

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
No announcer dude they can't

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Buddy Hield shooting like he's gonna be the next Kobe! circa 2015

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
the kings raptors score lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
These guys are worse than Mark Jackson

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I am irked by the Pels playing like an aau team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

:lol: Lakers fans were calling Russell a bust after a bad first quarter, now calling him a god after a good second quarter

I'd be mad but ESPN announcer was saying the same garbage (I ended up having to do work and am watching on DVR now)

I mean it's really loving stupid. Russell is the point guard, he's spent the entire game to this point initiating the offense, and like somehow that's wrong, he won't stop going on about how he should be scoring 30. No, he should be running the offense. "Oh but look what Mudiay did last game." Yeah look what Mudiay did during the loving regular season. gently caress ESPN.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Metapod posted:

Metapod is the Vin Disel of this forum.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^ Lmao
#StandWithRick

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Zubac is really impressive. Awesome footwork on both ends.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Zubac is really impressive. Awesome footwork on both ends.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/751641574568701952

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Metapod posted:

I'm expanding on this. I'm so tired of seeing the best basketball players in the world standing around doing no off ball movement throughout the game. Set a drat off ball screen, CUT there are so many types of cuts and they just don't do them, or just move around in a little zone. JUST DO SOMETHING standing around is not going to open up anything and I know the coach didn't tell the players stand in a spot as each individual does their own iso. These little things mean so much in the game because if the defense has to be aware of off ball movement it allows the person with the ball more freedom to get to the spot he wants because the human mind can only process and react properly to so much information before an error occurs. Move without the ball and you are more likely to get the ball and have a good look.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Rick posted:

I'd be mad but ESPN announcer was saying the same garbage (I ended up having to do work and am watching on DVR now)

I mean it's really loving stupid. Russell is the point guard, he's spent the entire game to this point initiating the offense, and like somehow that's wrong, he won't stop going on about how he should be scoring 30. No, he should be running the offense. "Oh but look what Mudiay did last game." Yeah look what Mudiay did during the loving regular season. gently caress ESPN.

the ESPN announcer was right
DAR's 1st quarter iirc was 8 minutes played, 0-2 fg, 3 reb, 0 ast, 2 to. Passive, did nothing a random d-leaguer couldn't.
he came out a lot more aggressive in the 2nd quarter and was rightly praised

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/751661435827159040

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

ragle posted:

the ESPN announcer was right
DAR's 1st quarter iirc was 8 minutes played, 0-2 fg, 3 reb, 0 ast, 2 to. Passive, did nothing a random d-leaguer couldn't.
he came out a lot more aggressive in the 2nd quarter and was rightly praised

Yeah, he had the ball on every possession and was helping a bunch of rookies run an offense rather than go for his own stuff. Which is what a good point guard should do.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
The 29 other GMs done hosed up and let the Spurs get a bouncy guy with good feel at the rim.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Terry Glenn posted:

The 29 other GMs done hosed up and let the Spurs get a bouncy guy with good feel at the rim.

It's not fair that the Spurs can just completely ignore whether or not a guy can shoot

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dragan Bender looks really smooth

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
poo poo got rough in this game, you don't usually see techs or elbows.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My conclusion is the Blazer summer league team is dirty.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
SAS sweetheart Devin Booker is putting on a show

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Booker is already too good for summer league

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Cool Buff Man's fave and Kobe's younger son Devin Booker is gonna be a problem for other teams in the West

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:rip: Criss

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

SAS sweetheart Devin Booker is putting on a show

why the gently caress is he even playing summer league again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

why the gently caress is he even playing summer league again?

Because Admiral Watson said so

• Locked thread