Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Did you visit Saudi recently?

Just curious I grew up there.

2012, Riyadh just as the gigantic hotel was being finished. Are you a native or were your parents expats?

They have the loving strictest and most annoying customs I've ever encountered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I wonder if Saric and Ben Simmons will be able to play together

Saric became a great 3p shooter this year, but wasn't very good before that. We'll see!!!!! !! !!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
TJ McConnell being the best Russell defender on Earth is an interesting thing to me.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ben Simmons drives are like slow motion Lebron drives

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
in NCAA opponents eventually had smaller defenders on Simmons with a cushion, challenging him to shoot
Lakers put their big ogre on him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Simmons is gonna be fun because he's pretty much instantly the best non-LeBron passing forward in the league but if he can't/won't hit a jumper even when teams are sagging off him that much I have no idea how he consistently scores in the half court in the NBA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
My friend Timothe Luwawu Caborot needs to cut his loving hair or he's going to ruin the 76ers season.

He has such a weird slow catapult of a shot that it might not matter, we'll have to see! !!!!

MourningView posted:

Simmons is gonna be fun because he's pretty much instantly the best non-LeBron passing forward in the league but if he can't/won't hit a jumper even when teams are sagging off him that much I have no idea how he consistently scores in the half court in the NBA

I've already seen him make Lebron-only passes and he's missed so many easy jumpers. He's power forward Rubio

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

My friend Timothe Luwawu Caborot needs to cut his loving hair or he's going to ruin the 76ers season.

He has such a weird slow catapult of a shot that it might not matter, we'll have to see! !!!!

He sucks!!!!!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

He sucks!!!!!

Mega Leks played a running and threes style last year, and I think Timothe got attention because he's a really good transition player on offense and a good defender. He was getting mocked at like 10 before people realized his threes (he made a lot at a good percentage) were all weirdly unguarded and he has the release of a random pick up player

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

I've already seen him make Lebron-only passes and he's missed so many easy jumpers. He's power forward Rubio

The reason David Robinson was so incredible was because upon entering Annapolis, he had to go through the ritual head buzzing and keep a high and tight for 4 years. He danced on the precipice of danger sometimes with a slight flat top, but he never went full Kid n Play, and because of the initial haircut, he became a first ballot hall of famer.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This game is hilarious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Why isn't Joel Embiiiid playing

not in game shape yet

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jerami Grant is much better than his brother but I'm not sure if that's a great compliment

Cool Buff Man posted:

The reason David Robinson was so incredible was because upon entering Annapolis, he had to go through the ritual head buzzing and keep a high and tight for 4 years. He danced on the precipice of danger sometimes with a slight flat top, but he never went full Kid n Play, and because of the initial haircut, he became a first ballot hall of famer.

Tight hair, tight shot
Long hair, its a long shot for you to make the shot youre taking because the release is messed up

D'angelo is in the danger zone right now

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

This game is hilarious.

Other than the dunking this looks and feels like the pick up game I played in yesterday.

Shooting percentages are probably pretty close too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

Jerami Grant is much better than his brother but I'm not sure if that's a great compliment

Tight hair, tight shot
Long hair, its a long shot for you to make the shot youre taking because the release is messed up

I'm praying that Wiggins keeps his rows and shoots a significantly higher percentage so this whole thing can really take hold

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I really have liked Auguste today and yesterday, looks a bit better than your average undrafted summer league dude.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This game is getting very silly

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm praying that Wiggins keeps his rows and shoots a significantly higher percentage so this whole thing can really take hold

Since he did that and Justise Winslow is wearing that hilarious ponytail, I think guys know. Only the sturbborn and foolish are keeping their hair long. This is a situation where whites have an unfair advantage due to their uncurly hair. I wouldn't be surprised if the next draft is 95% white players due to their ability to wear their hair long without it affecting their shot.

And if your objection is, what about Armenians like OJ Simpson lawyer Robert Kardashian who like to slick back their dense and thick hair into big bouffants. And I'll respond with an immediate lawsuit, restraining order, and series of incredibly vicious physical attacks

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I've been watching UFC 200 so far how's my boys Simmons and TLC looking?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Oh TJ no. Not that haircut.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jota posted:

One of the uglier Summer League games I've ever seen

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Jota posted:

Some nifty passes, and some cool drives that resulted in nothing.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

And if your objection is, what about Armenians like OJ Simpson lawyer Robert Kardashian who like to slick back their dense and thick hair into big bouffants. And I'll respond with an immediate lawsuit, restraining order, and series of incredibly vicious physical attacks

lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Dejan Bimble posted:

Tight hair, tight shot

Wasn't there a YouTube video that analyzed free throws and showed that hair was really actually messing players up

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

Some nifty passes, and some cool drives that resulted in nothing.

So business as usual

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Rick posted:

Oh TJ no. Not that haircut.

It's real bad. He needs to go back to the skinhead look

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
"This guys doesn't foul"
"watch him foul right here"
*Whistle*

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is a situation where whites have an unfair advantage due to their uncurly hair. I wouldn't be surprised if the next draft is 95% white players due to their ability to wear their hair long without it affecting their shot.

I'm a white man with incredibly curly hair, it's good to know why my basketball career hasn't taken off

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I can't get over how skinny Brandon Ingram is.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wasn't there a YouTube video that analyzed free throws and showed that hair was really actually messing players up

yeah, minus the really actually part

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Nik Stauskas is going into his 3rd year in the nBA and he still is loving garbage in summer league. gently caress off

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

The Glumslinger posted:

"This guys doesn't foul"
"watch him foul right here"
*Whistle*

I laughed.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Man, 5,000 calories a day isn't really that much for a pro athlete.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ben Simmons makes a pretty pass to Nik Stauskas. Stauskas with a solid brick on the three. Sounds about right.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSK77Asxhpo
This is Bob Dylan to us

Having long hair is like being 75 pounds overweight, it's a pointless self-handicap

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Crazy Ted posted:

Brandon Simmons makes a pretty pass to Nik Stauskas. Stauskas with a solid brick on the three. Sounds about right.

He loving sucks and he's lucky he got that stupid Sauce Castillo nickname or otherwise he'd already be completely forgetten

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
gently caress off Stauskas

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSK77Asxhpo
This is Bob Dylan to us

Having long hair is like being 75 pounds overweight, it's a pointless self-handicap

bleep of all people was the one who originally showed that to me. goddamn aussie loves the beautiful game

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This purple and white is a nice vision of Brandon Inram's future, as a Sacramento King after he and Julius Randle are traded for Demarcus Cousins

Cool Buff Man posted:

bleep of all people was the one who originally showed that to me. goddamn aussie loves the beautiful game

I figured that little pervert would be locked up in prison by now

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

Since he did that and Justise Winslow is wearing that hilarious ponytail, I think guys know. Only the sturbborn and foolish are keeping their hair long.

They know

https://twitter.com/iAmSJ/status/743591176066867200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

This purple and white is a nice vision of Brandon Inram's future, as a Sacramento King after he and Julius Randle are traded for Demarcus Cousins

I figured that little pervert would be locked up in prison by now

he made that video in prison like US prisoners make license plates

• Locked thread