Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1835 »
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

~this is me posting irl~

McSpanky posted:

"Samaritan Snare" is another ep that showed that Worf isn't just the "let's shoot them" guy, he totally had the Pakleds figured out before anyone else did and if Riker had listened to him there literally wouldn't have been an episode. If anything being the tactical/security officer is doing him a disservice, he's more perceptive and clever than any old jamoke who could aim the guns and (get) beat up (by) the monster of the week.

I really like the bit in The Most Toys where Worf takes over Operations after Data gets abducted, and handles the tricorder stuff on the away team, and oh yeah of course Worf can fuckin' analyze tricorder readings because he's a fuckin' Starfleet Academy graduate!

Also he manages to build a portable forcefield generator out of his commbadge. EDIT which Bucswabe mentioned a couple pages ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Also he manages to build a portable forcefield generator out of his commbadge. EDIT which Bucswabe mentioned a couple pages ago

I mentally retcon that to be 'forcefield that works against holograms' because otherwise it makes no sense that you could do that and they don't use personal ones all the time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Booyah

Ultra Carp

MikeJF posted:

I mentally retcon that to be 'forcefield that works against holograms' because otherwise it makes no sense that you could do that and they don't use personal ones all the time.

Shiiiiit they had them in Kirk's time

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Agreed. the holodeck is basically all forcefields anyway, so I just choose to believe that this technical solution is just using a comm signal to divert some of those forcefields to surround your body.

«1835 »