Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«469 »
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

I'll be sauced up nice and good that night. I'll cuss at the screen and make wild gesticulations with my arms and hands.

STAR TREK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

"To. Ya' know. Stuff."
(Nazi Rank <3)

It's the year two thousand and seventeen, I don't see any Star Trek. I was promised Star Trek, where is the Star Trek? Why, why, why why? *Sobs incoherently*

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?

Orv posted:

It's the year two thousand and seventeen, I don't see any Star Trek. I was promised Star Trek, where is the Star Trek? Why, why, why why? *Sobs incoherently*

Bad news.

Discovery has been postponed until Summer 2018 because they need to redesign the uniforms and also Jason Isaacs is in a coma from drinking window cleaner that he mistook for Romulan Ale.

CBS is run by chumps. They stink like a paper mill.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The best avatar on Something Awful!

Astroman posted:

PICTURED: Goons from the TVIV on the night of Discovery's premiere

Yea, there's probably only 2 goons who have access to CBS's streaming thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

WampaLord posted:

I'm international, I'll be HDing on Netflix.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Netflix is getting both eps 1 and 2 the day after only ep 1 airs in the US.

turn left hillary!! noo
Feb 12, 2002

WampaLord posted:

The premier is being broadcast over the air.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

The premier is being broadcast over the air.

Oh, so it'll be the 2 goons who watch live TV.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The_Doctor posted:

Netflix is getting both eps 1 and 2 the day after only ep 1 airs in the US.

Only one episode ever is going to air in the US.

The 2nd episode will be up on all-access immediately after the first one airs though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

The icequake is a cover-up

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh, so it'll be the 2 goons who watch live TV.

I almost never do, but for events like the Superbowl or Oscars or for something like this, it's a more reliable quality than live streaming. At least, it is for where I live and how much I pay for internet.

Orv
May 4, 2011

"To. Ya' know. Stuff."
(Nazi Rank <3)

I'll watch the first episode on the ancient altar, and then well, yeah.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hmm, it's going to be up on Netflix UK 25th September, day after airing in the US. If that's midnight 25th, due to time zones, that'll be before it actually airs in the US. Hmm.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

The icequake is a cover-up

While it's not going to come anywhere close to dethroning Game of Thrones as the #1 pirated TV/movie ever, I think there is a decent change it wins the race in % of pirated to non-pirated views in the US.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

YOU DON'T DESERVE
A BREAK TODAY

Lipstick Apathy

Frakes directing an episode:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/27/star-tr...onathan-frakes/

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Actually, this entire show will turn out to have been a holosimulation in which Ol Fat Riker was learning how to be a strong independent black woman who don't need no command

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

Tortured By Flan

Wait until this guy finds out what the original Enterprise was based on.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Harry Kim feels like a redshirt they kept forgetting to kill. Even when they do kill him he still gets brought back somehow. Im starting to root for it. Come on Harry, today's the day.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Gonz posted:

I'll be sauced up nice and good that night. I'll cuss at the screen and make wild gesticulations with my arms and hands.

STAR TREK.

START TRUCK

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

THE CLAMPS!
or clamp like device

Start Wreck is a great name for the new series.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Official Kodi Ambassador
Check out My Official Youtube Kodi Tutorial.
Remember to LIKE and SUBSCRIBE. I need money after blowing it on a shitty Plex lifetime pass. Fuck that gay software.

Cojawfee posted:

Start Wreck is a great name for the new series.

Wasn't there some weird foreign movie called Star Wreck that was full of CG models of ST ships and stuff?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.

Fun Shoe

TheScott2K posted:

Wasn't there some weird foreign movie called Star Wreck that was full of CG models of ST ships and stuff?

The adventures of James B. Pirk, Finnish space hero.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wreck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Given what a prolific genre TV director he is, it would almost be more surprising for him not to be doing an episode, but still.

Bonus points if he gets drunk with Sirtis and does commentary.

«469 »