Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Burning_Monk posted:

Wasn't that all a dream?

...or like they were plugged into a matrix like thing.

That happened later. Chest energy ball happened in the episode the Odyssey got exploded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love ds9 but there's some really bum ideas that thankfully get abandoned along the way so we can ignore them. ok yes good.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
For the first time in my watch through of ds9, i nearly stopped watching an episode because of how bad it was

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

"The Muse"?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

For the first time in my watch through of ds9, i nearly stopped watching an episode because of how bad it was

Ooh I love this game. Either Meridian, Let He Who Is Without Sin, or Profit and Lace.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Isn't the Muse where Jake wears that bus seat outfit? Worth it just for the outfit imo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Oh man I'd forgotten about that. That was also painful to watch. But this one was viscerally painful, i felt myself dying inside

It was Profit and Lace

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I actually had to turn away from the screen on multiple occasions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Oh man I'd forgotten about that. That was also painful to watch. But this one was viscerally painful, i felt myself dying inside

It was Profit and Lace

Oh man haha you missed out because it does not get better.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That sucker is a thrill ride

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Profit and Lace is so weird, like, beyond the questionable subject matter, it feels like it was written by people to whom the concept of humor is alien so they brushed up on it by watching a bunch of 80's sitcoms.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pakled posted:

Profit and Lace is so weird, like, beyond the questionable subject matter, it feels like it was written by people to whom the concept of humor is alien so they brushed up on it by watching a bunch of 80's sitcoms.

It is truly a masterpiece of bizarre bad choices. There is not a single thing about it that works properly. It is completely cursed.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HD DAD posted:

Ooh I love this game. Either Meridian, Let He Who Is Without Sin, or Profit and Lace.

The Storyteller is 31 flavors of awful.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

The Storyteller is 31 flavors of awful.

The Storyteller is boring bad. The ones I listed are more of a fireworks display of poor decision making, I feel.

You’re still right though.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HD DAD posted:

The Storyteller is boring bad. The ones I listed are more of a fireworks display of poor decision making, I feel.

You’re still right though.

I'd put Meridian in the "boring bad" category, personally.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Storyteller is sort of amusingly bad to me because it's like, really guys? you need a dedicated "yelling cloud"? come on.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Profit and Lace is the DS9 version of the Warp 10 episode of Voyager; it's so bad and full of so many loving bizarre choices that if you've got a single sadomasochistic bone in your body you're going to watch it far more than anybody ever should.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Whalley posted:

Profit and Lace is the DS9 version of the Warp 10 episode of Voyager; it's so bad and full of so many loving bizarre choices that if you've got a single sadomasochistic bone in your body you're going to watch it far more than anybody ever should.

It is 100000% more watchable than Meridian for that reason.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pakled posted:

I'd put Meridian in the "boring bad" category, personally.

Nah Meridian is all kinds of poo poo, mostly for Dax. 400 year old space worm suddenly and legitimately falls for every well worn TV “charm” in the book despite being shown to not really care about that stuff. Like that was the entire point of pairing the Bashir and Dax characters together.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No. Space ghost man made Jadzia's symbiosis pouch megadamp. She was willing to shatter probably a colossal taboo in Trill culture just to enter the Phantom Bone Zone with the Dullest Man.

Meridian was a good episode. My opinions are valid and good and not at all bad and dumb.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
She should have kept kissing her wife!!!!!! They're smokin!!!!!!

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Pick posted:

It is truly a masterpiece of bizarre bad choices. There is not a single thing about it that works properly. It is completely cursed.

There was one good line.

quote:

Sisko: A Dominion invasion of Ferenginar?
Rom: Think of the terrible repercussions to the Alpha Quadrant!
Worf: I cannot think of any.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
What are the most bizarre bad idea episodes of each series

We've obviously got Threshold and Profit & Lace. What about the other shows though?

I nominate A Night in Sickbay for Enterprise but I'm open to suggestions

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Honestly I genuinely think Fascination is more problematic and bad-concepty than Profit and Lace.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Code of Honor of course for TNG.

A Night in Sickbay is good though.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Pick posted:

Honestly I genuinely think Fascination is more problematic and bad-concepty than Profit and Lace.

They're both very 60s sex comedy.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

TOS: And the Children Shall Lead and/or Spock's Brain.

The only reason Spock's Brain isn't the only entry is its camp value.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
For TOS, I'd say The Alternative Factor.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I feel like Rascals is the bizarre bad idea episode of TNG because it's like someone drunkenly wrote an idea for a star trek episode on the back of a beermat and the next day it went into production

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The one where women are too emotional to lead, but not jim loving kirk

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I feel like Rascals is the bizarre bad idea episode of TNG because it's like someone drunkenly wrote an idea for a star trek episode on the back of a beermat and the next day it went into production

It's also completely wasted even as a gimmick premise. It's like not even funny really? Ds9 probably would have done some wild poo poo with it though, missed opportunity

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
ENT: Dear Doctor is bad just from the horrible moralizing of genocide but it's personification of evolution puts it over the top.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tiny sisko

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Pick posted:

The one where women are too emotional to lead, but not jim loving kirk

Turnabout Intruder.

Yeah, that was a bad one.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

Cessna posted:

Turnabout Intruder.

Yeah, that was a bad one.

Yeah, you're not kidding. No wonder it's the last episode of TOS; if it hadn't been, it would've killed Trek stone dead. We didn't hit those levels of Peak Shatner until Star Trek V.
I've been doing a rewatch lately, and "Friday's Child" isn't good at all. Bad crew decisions, lousy aliens, and the worst loving Klingon ever. But at least it's not "Turnabout Intruder."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like Turnabout Intruder by default despite never having seen it, because it sounds like it is probably a chapter in a Phoenix Wright video game. He has to prove Ensign Idna Dewitt didn't sneak on board the Enterprise and kill Ambassador Vek T'imm, but andorian courts require a verdict in three days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pick posted:

Tiny sisko

Sisko's son is Tiny Todd

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I need to watch Masks again sometime. I remember not liking it back when it aired 24 years ago, but it's a really bizarre episode. I think I might enjoy it more now.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Imagine quark as a child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine quark as a child

I can picture him playing with his Marauder Mo action figures. His lobes small and undeveloped. Yelling for Moogie to chew him up some more tube grubs