Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
Is Nog a dual citizen? I recall that when Nog said he wanted to join Starfleet, Sisko said he would need a recommendation from an officer cuz at the time he wasn't a Federation citizen. Obviously he got it, graduated from the Academy and so on. He fights for the Federation in the Dominion War and never seems to care about being a Ferengi again. How does that work? Did he become a citizen later and I just missed it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Otisburg posted:

There is no "quantum flux". There's no "auxiliary". THERE'S NO GODDAMNED SHIP. You got it?

It's all real

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Flakey posted:

Speaking of the computer, I love the Federation's approach to privacy, or freedom of information I guess. Anyone aboard, including civilians, can ask where someone else is, and the computer totally doesn't respond with "gently caress off unless you have command clearance" or something to that effect.

"Computer, locate Ensign Ricky"

"Ensign Ricky is currently in his quarters nailing his wife. Shall I contact him for you?"

"...no, let him finish"

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Don't phasers also have a wide beam setting which magically hits all the shooter's intended targets and nothing else

Do you mean the scan setting from DS9 where they're chasing Odo around the station in case a changeling ever got on board? That always struck me as weird cuz apparently it bothers Odo but doesn't harm any of the real furniture

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

and she's clearly shaken by it afterwards

Shaken by it so much it never comes up ever again

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

Hipster_Doofus posted:

This is amusing, but I have a feeling I'm missing a joke here...

...and that I'm going to be outed as pathetic for never having watched whatever it's referencing. :(

(at least I'll be helping out all the other pathetic people)

#EmissaryingWhileBlack

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

“It’s time to focus less on the blood wine, and more on my blood pressure”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008
I just finished watching TNG “The Minds Eye”, and I’m thinking, what is even the point of the Neutral Zone? The Romulans seemingly violate it everyday. And not just them entering the Zone, but blowing thru it and loving around in federation space. Like Geordi is flying to Risa and he gets abducted by a decloaked Bird of Prey, which would be like Russia sending a battleship up the Mississippi to kidnap fishing boats or something. The federation never does poo poo, or is never shown to do poo poo about this. I understand space is big etc, but why would anybody take you seriously if the treaties you sign are functionally worthless? Or is this just another example of the federation being the only ones who follow the rules (section 31 aside)?