Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincetessence
Oct 23, 2008

Drone posted:

I wanna say that a lore sidebar in the Star Trek Adventures rulebook (or one of the supplements, I forget) talks about ice hockey being a big thing on Andoria.

Even if you don't play the game, the book is full of tons of little lore details like that. It's great.

Even better, one of the pieces of flavor art in there features a Klingons vs Andorians ice hockey game. It's exactly the right kind of ridiculous I like to see in these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincetessence
Oct 23, 2008

thotsky posted:

A surface level read of the show is fine too when it adds to the joke. I don't mind Keiko being portrayed as a shrew in the context of making fun of O'Brians lot in life, but I don't actually think the show supports that read; the marriage clearly means a lot to him.

It's a shame they usually did not give Rosalind Chao much to work with; she's a great actor. There was an interesting episode of The Movies That Made Me with her on that just came out, where she mentioned she preferred TNG because DS9 was too dark, often literally. I have heard the working conditions on DS9 were really tough, so I wonder if that shaped her impression of the show.

Hi, I mostly lurk this thread but I wanted to drop in and mention a friend's podcast also interviewed Rosalind about her time on Star Trek and it's pretty insightful about how she got the role and what she thought of it. I mean, she doesn't really address the "lol Keiko's the worst" opinions out there because they might not be aware of it, but it's a great look at how her acting career and her Star Trek time coincide!

https://www.alltheasiansonstartrek.com/2020/12/11-rosalind-chao.html