Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So did I mix up Sisko and Newman (from Seinfeld) saying "Jambalaya" or what?

Newman definitely does this in the soup nazi episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Inferior Third Season posted:

My girlfriend and I have been watching through Voyager lately, after me not having seen any of it for about 15 years. I had completely forgotten that once a certain new cast member joins after four seasons, it just instantly turns into the sexy Borg show. She gets a completely new set just for her (astrometrics), and another set refurbished just for her (cargo bay 2), and her function seems to just be Harry Kim but competent.

Yeah, Kate Mulgrew wasn't too happy about that and was really lovely to Jeri Ryan for it until Ryan started dating Brannon Braga.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Mountaineer posted:

Given what we've seen of the interior of Klingon ships and their crews, like the ship in the TNG episode A Matter of Honor or on the Rotarran in DS9, they seem to have relatively small crews compared to Federation ships so maybe they really do have room to carry around a bunch of fresh food.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Epicurius posted:

Kirk is a bookworm who plays chess, taught philosophy at the academy, reads Spinoza for fun, and figured out how to hack the Kobyashi Maru simulator so he wouldn't fail it. No idea how anybody can think he's not smart.

I’ve watched all the Start Trucks and didn’t know half of this.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Cythereal posted:

The E-D is a bloated whale of a ship, sorry, easily my least favorite of the various Enterprise designs. My favorite two, though, have by far the least amount of screen time: the Excelsior class E-B and the Ambassador class E-C.

B > A > C > original > E > D

I love TNG but the galaxy class is dumb.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

No one is very impressed by Melora.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

That’s a cool take on Starfleet but it feels like it’s stepping on The Culture and Special Circumstances’ toes a bit.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Consider Phlebas was published in 1987.

Oh oops, thought that was part of Risa chat and didn’t catch the TMP part. Never mind!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

I rewatched the exocomp episode recently and it’s pretty funny how big a deal they make about machines that can learn given that we toss around the language of ML / deep learning so often now.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Brawnfire posted:

I wish I still had all my Star Trek micro-machines.

Gotta find those in my mom's basement the next time I visit.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Windows 98 posted:

Does the doctor on Voyager ever get a name?

Yes, sort of, in “Endgame.”

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Pick posted:

Yeah but they're like making screenprinted totes of Keevan

This owns and I want it.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Windows 98 posted:

Paris was turned into a merman for flying too fast :psyduck:

Oh man, please let us know when you finish “Threshold.”

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Were you expecting someone else?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Timby posted:

Don't forget that Tom Hardy already played Picard's clone.

It's like poetry, it rhymes :v:

:aaaaa:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

skasion posted:

Sounds like a Wynn Wynn to me

:pusheen:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Elon Musk is more of a Star Wars name, like Plo Koon, or Borbo Rygmus

Yeah that sounds like a pretty typical jizz-wailer name.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

DuhSal posted:

I watched a lot of DS9 but I don't remember, was Ro ever in DS9? Seems like she'd be a good fit for the Maquis storyline..

No but she was supposed to be. The Memory Alpha section about this is interesting and contains some stuff I never knew:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Ro_Laren posted:

During the production of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, it was intended that Ro Laren be the first officer of Deep Space 9 under Benjamin Sisko's command. Michelle Forbes turned down the offer and the character was modified and became the basis for Kira Nerys. (The Making of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

In the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine bible of April 1992, Ro Laren's entry stated, "Established on ST:TNG. She is properly addressed as Lieutenant Ro since Bajorans put their family names first. (Note: She will receive a promotion from Ensign to Lieutenant on an episode of ST:TNG before this series begins.) As a Bajoran, Ro cares passionately about her people's independence. That's why she volunteered for duty on the space station. Sisko originally refused to accept her transfer...He didn't want anything to do with someone with her undistinguished service record and reputation. But during the first episode, she proves her value to him and becomes his first officer." In Jadzia Dax's entry in the bible, a friendship between Ro and Jadzia was suggested: "Ro, who forms a very close relationship with Dax, often tells her to loosen up. Dax admires Ro for her youthful energy, her purpose and her drive and becomes something of a mentor to her." In Odo's entry, Ro "finds Odo's negative attitude to authority delightful and they have a Bajoran fellowship." The bible entry for Quark posited that he and Ro would become adversaries. (The Making of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

An unproduced Star Trek: Voyager script was to have featured a flashback to Tom Paris' time at Starfleet Academy, showing that he and Ro were classmates.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

LividLiquid posted:

Is there a game that lets you explore the Enterprise D or Deep Space Nine the way Elite Force lets you explore voyager? Because it'd be super cool to have that for a ship and crew I actually give a poo poo about.

They just redid DS9 in Star Trek Online :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I'm convinced Keevan was deliberately engineered to be a piece of poo poo.

My custom Keevan totebag says otherwise.