Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'm really looking forward to the new series, guys. Just so long as Mads Mikkelsen is in it. Which he is.

He is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

CaveGrinch posted:

Sadly, I believe Mads has said he wouldn't be interested in doing television again since nothing could touch his experience on Hannibal.

I guess I need to have a son, so he can ritually kill me :negative:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

William Shatner presents
Star Trek: Jim Kirk Gets All the Pussy and Rules in Every Way
A Captain James Kirk Adventure
Written by William Shatner, star of the classic 1960's tv show Star Trek
And
So & So

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Dr. Selar :allears:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

As per usual, one of Voyager's guest stars is more interesting and likable than the actual cast and I was just wishing she was a main character.

Is that the mom from Suite Life of Zack and Cody sheriff from Supernatural? No wonder she's likeable.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh yeah, glower at me harder baby.

Right? Arousal is the only logical response. :heysexy:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I personally support painting Kirk as a war criminal. After all, his friend Montgomery Scott is a rapist and murderer.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Riker I'm sure would gently caress anything with legs.

He must have been so loving thrilled when Thomas turned up.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

- Earth, Thurmond, 1924

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cythereal posted:

If Kirk's dad was serving in Starfleet, the timelines were already different.

No? George Kirk was a starbase security officer.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Knormal posted:

I think he's talking about more like when they decide Khan's a white guy or Zephram Cochrane's completely different personality between TOS and First Contact,

Cochrane had a personality in TOS?!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't really see a huge leap of Cochrane becoming his TOS incarnation. The movie specifically addresses it because he doesn't match their conceptions of him. He's a drunk, he's selfish, and he doesn't care about humanity. He's also incredibly damaged as a survivor of World War 3. We have no idea who he was before the world destroyed itself, maybe he used to be more like he later comes to be and the psychic trauma of the war hosed him up. Certainly by the time Archer comes to know him, he's a lot more like the historical Zephram Cochrane; it's not hard to imagine why he would change after first contact.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Or Earth, but with Nazis.

You mean... Earth?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Deep Space Nine Season Four:

Hell yes it's bald Sisko time, poo poo just got real.

The Hawk is erratic. Violent.

Explain this linear concept of "defenestration."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

And then change her avatar to a capybara split into three parts.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Can you imagine ramming speed being any significant fraction of light speed? Just nova events constantly.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

MorgaineDax posted:

Some of those covers are pretty funny.

Now what, me worry?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Does Netflix do weekly episodes?

Yeah, some of their shows release weekly instead of all at once.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Uh, old Spock exists as a remnant of a nonexistent timeline. So there's that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

WickedHate posted:

That's not the same in ways I can't begin to explain without going cross eyed.

Nah, it's exactly the same. The universe that Spock came from doesn't exist, or at the very least the causal chain leading to that particular incarnation of Spock is broken. He cannot happen any longer. And yet, there he is. Old Spock shouldn't exist, but he does, he's a paradox.

First Contact can still occur precisely as the film depicts, because the E arriving at all was a paradox already. Which means the Borg episode of Enterprise can still have occurred the same way. Just because the future those events are the product of no longer exists, doesn't mean those events are different.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Everyone should have gotten beards in season 2.

When did Data get his girlfriend? :v:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

There aren't really any unwatchable episodes in Season 3 that I can recall

Exile. The recap in the following episode contains all the relevant information.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Why the gently caress would a starship have a stun setting? What could you possibly use that for outside of this one specific case?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yorktown was awesome. Easily the coolest thing in the film. The new uniforms were sweet, too.

Pine has really nailed movie Kirk, it's a really naturalistic set of acting choices which evoke so much of what I like from Shatner in the films. The standout performance to me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Reed is his job. He's the dude in charge of shootiness. Phase pistols, torpedoes, ship security, all that. He's not much more than that, and I've come to appreciate that as I've gotten older. He's mostly professional, but when he falls apart, he does so hard. The military is full of Reeds.

Trip is far more a lovely stereotype, to the point the show lampshades him as a lame southern stereotype.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I like the third season, honestly. There's a clear story, and I feel like it's pretty lovely to criticize it for being a reaction to 9/11. That event happened a mere two years earlier, and it coloured everything for a long time.

I enjoy the fourth, but it feels way less focused despite having better stories overall.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It's Always Rainy

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Deep Space Nine 6x22 "the Valiant."

Every one of these Red Squad assholes needs to die horribly by the end of this episode.

You're in for a treat.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

He's a soft touch, but still a shrewd, successful businessman.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Quark was not terribly successful by Ferangi standards. He complains pretty frequently about family that are doing significantly better than him.

I think he has a brother who was an arm's dealer and owns a moon.

He's not stupendously wealthy, no, but he has a solid business with a good income which lets him employ people and even take care of his widowed mother. Cousin Gaela owned a moon, sure, but he was in a phenomenally risky business and eventually lost it all. Quark is a solid ferengi, the backbone of a stable economy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

It's weird to me that you know so much about Ferengi but are not spelling their name correctly.

Ferenczy :eng101:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

So long as they cast the show by visiting a Canadian Shakespeare festival, it should go well.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Yes, the last time people were made to wear a badge to identify what minority they were on this planet ended really well.

I dunno, Americans seem to really dig soldiers, and if they're not a minority wearing badges which say "I'm a meathead", I don't know what the gently caress to think.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Bargearse posted:

Also, was there a budget boost between seasons 1 and 2?

In fact, the budget was reduced and the main sacrifice was made in razors for Frakes.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Was Whoopi even in the first season? I feel like Ten Forward was a season two innovation.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Maybe Worf would have been fine after his fall if he'd still been wearing his compression unitard. Makes you think.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I think Dax is cute.

Like, the symbiote.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

WickedHate posted:

There's stuff sold in Japan you'll love.

Apparently the used panty vending machines are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

It's funny when men are raped, duh.