Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Has anyone here played that Fleet Command game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's still very possible that Worf shows up on Picard

Cue scene of Worf being violently murdered at the start of an episode so they never have to think about Dorn ever again.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Khanstant posted:

What was the original intention of TNG claiming TV doesn't exist anymore? Were they saying everyone just gets into videogames and holodeck poo poo instead, or was it supposed to be some silly thing like "oh everyone just reads fine ancient literature, studies xenonanoneuroscience, or watch Tribble Kabuki performances - they're all too smaht for televishion"

Well that was back when TNG was showing how advanced future humans were by rejecting all the normal stuff of middle-class life in America.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

bull3964 posted:

DS9 and Voyager are marquee products of a still active and tentpole franchise for CBS/Paramount. Nothing less than a full TNG remaster should be acceptable.

TNG cost about $70k per episode to remaster. Discovery costs $8 mil per episode to make.

You could remaster DS9 and Voyager for less than half a season of Discovery and it absolutely would make up the cost of doing so in new Paramount+ subs.

NOT doing a full remaster is mismanagement of the franchise full stop. Yeah, they didn't recoup cost on TNG but that was more the circumstances around the release (expensive box sets at a time when physical media was declining and fairly quick access to the remaster on streaming platforms.). Now that they have their own platform, they should not have one iota of problem making money.

Wouldn't the remaster od DS9 and Voyager cost way more than TNG on an episode basis due to those shows relying so heavily on CGI when TNG mostly did not.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

MikeJF posted:

A couple of days ago I got bored and decided to rip a bunch of assets out of the TNGTMCD and other ones and make them digestible online: it's rushed and probably buggy, but it's still neat to take a look at:

STARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TREK IN THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY DEGREES

This reminds me a lot of that old Star Trek Captains Chair 'game'. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Trek:_Captain%27s_Chair

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
The reason the Star Wars TV shows are doing well is because the people making them are the hardcore fans like Filoni. The people making the Trek shows are discount hacks who are chosen because Hollywood Exec's trust them to put something out on time that will make them some money and not go over budget.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9lkWmcA_vk

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Timby posted:

There's nothing stopping a sequel, it's not like Ubisoft or Red Storm have gone out of business. But as I understand things, it sold incredibly poorly.

Like that's not surprising, a game that required VR on release and a bunch of friends who also have VR headsets who want to play with you. Lol. They should've just made Bridge Commander 2.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

HopperUK posted:

Oh wow yeah you can see other screens on other buildings further off too. Imagine you're just trying to go shopping or whatever and it's the Gul Dukat Self-Aggrandizement Hour.

"Attention Mall Workers..."

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Finally happened - https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Veotax posted:

Ooh, I've wanted to play Elite Force again. Never played EF2 either.

Kind of tempted by Hidden Evil, I'm a fan of Presto's Journeyman games and Myst III, but somehow I doubt it's actually a decent game.

Played Hidden Evil back on release, not really a game worth playing imo. You can watch a playthrough on YouTube, it's one of those games that's really short when you know what to do.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Meh, Starfleet Command 3 has a broken camera offset so it's really hard to control the ship turning, nothing I tried fixed it so refund time. Judging by what others are saying these are the most basic ports possible so that they run of modern systems but they don't have wide-screen fixes or anything set up.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Borg is fun to watch on youtube every few years. BOTF is something I wish had been good. The Stellaris mod is fine but it still mostly sucks because Stellaris mostly sucks and isn't fun. The BOTF memory leak has nothing on how slow Stellaris can get after the mid-game.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
What's with all these Trek maps having a section of Federation space completely disconnected by Romulan and Klingon space? No wonder the Romulans are pissed all the time, the Fed's have them encircled.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

roomtone posted:

the milky way is somewhat 2d though right. i mean you could just fly over or under an area of space but i think there would be nothing there.

It'd still take 1.5 years at constant warp 9 to get above it and then travel back down.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

He was working in a clandestine capacity, and judging by what happens in the JJverse and Picard, Spock was ultimately unsuccessful.

Well Discovery shows he won out, it just took centuries and is still ongoing.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I hope they actually work unlike SFC3!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Brawnfire posted:

I was playing Spongebob for my daughter and the Prodigy spot came on, she said it "looked cool like the spaceship shows [daddy] watches after I go to bed" and she "wants to see the spaceship show"

This is very cute.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
The worst thing about nuTrek is the warping and how ships never use impulse drives anymore. Everything just sits at a dead stop.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, he uses the force to milk his own prostate

"I have you now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Arivia posted:

Speaking of, this is definitely my favourite Star Trek and it's soooooooooo good already.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 22, 2023