Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Orv posted:

I feel like whoever is doing the programming for BBC America's Trek stuff is in on the joke. Their promo for Voyager is just thirty seconds of fast cut techno babble words with no context, ending with Janeway saying "So it seems clear" and then "Star Trek Voyager, on Mondays!"

Voyager previews were always entertainingly misleading, my favorite is the preview for one of the Barclay episodes where Troi said some line about "we'll have to check this with Captain Picard" and they cut it down to her just saying "...with Captain Picard" in the trailer to try to make you think he would appear in the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

twistedmentat posted:

I don't know about the rest of the movie, but the opening of TMP is loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG3N51MEjM

I also love that we see the little shitball stations people are assigned to relay messages.

Were the Klingons ever supposed to have a bigger role in this movie or did they really just invent their language, do the redesign with the foreheads, and build elaborate sets and models just for a 5 minute scene where they get blown up? Not that it isn't cool outside of some of the more dated effects.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Timby posted:

He was fired after Paramount took a look at his "The Beginning" script and pissed themselves from laughing.

What's this about?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Number_6 posted:

The perfect story for the next Trek film is painfully obvious; it's the concept Roddenberry was pitching for years. The Enterprise crew goes back in time and gets mixed up in the Kennedy assassination, and in order to restore The Correct Timeline, Spock has to finish the job with a rifle from the grassy knoll.

They have to update it for today's audiences so it will be about 9/11 instead

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Two Owls posted:

Blakes 7-style crayon outline

Needs that musical sting every time they beam down to a planet too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
If it hasn't been made already we really need the "Wow! Cool robot!" meme with a right-wing Star Trek fan going "Wow! Cool spaceship!"