Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Sanguinia posted:

There's only one proper way to kick this bad boy off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZS2-4-iUJ4

But where are the flying cars, I was promised flying cars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzm6pvHPSGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Gonz posted:

Was at Bookmans again today.

Saw these:

I see these at flea markets all the time for obscene cheap prices like 10 for $10...so of course I grab them with the excuse of "my kid will play with them when he's older". This bad boy is on my wall as I type this. The Borg drone one they had was badass as all poo poo because it has a spring-loaded spear/energy weapon deal in his arm.

Payndz posted:

Janeway doesn't give a poo poo about any non-main-cast crewperson. Poor Joe Carey almost made it to the end of the series (only for his epitaph from Janeway to be "Turns out exploring the galaxy isn't worth risking a single life. Welp, on we go in our exploration vessel!"), but when Future Janeway comes back in time in 'Endgame' does she arrive a week or so earlier to warn her past self that he's about to die needlessly at the hands of some stupid whiny assholes? Nope, it's all about Seven!

Joe Carey owned and I could not agree more. That dude got the ultimate cock tease being killed off RIGHTTT before they got home.

And speaking of Space Caps yes I have some too. One of these days I'll pop that pog out but for now it remains intact on my desk haha.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

MikeJF posted:

And for all that Stellar Cartography was a waste of money, I do love it as basically the one time we see them get to properly realise TNG ideas for cool computer poo poo. It is such a pity that TNG wasn't made in the modern CG era when they could've done things like that all the time easily. Voyager never tried.

Say what you want about Voyager, but you can't say they didn't try at least a little. They did stellar cartography and had a stupid yet doable excuse behind it. Ensign Kim and 7 of 9 along with some Borg technology and bam badass sensors 100x better than what they had or some jazz. It was clearly a way to show stuff on a huge display for dramatic effect but it worked and was pretty cool.

CG wise everything they did with species 8472/Undine was pretty decent for its time. Compared to the Mummy's CGI it was practically 100% real.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I really like V'Ger and the Whale Probe because they're very mysterious and huge alien vessels. You look at them and immediately get that they're something beyond our understanding. You don't really get very many aliens that are truly, well... alien in Star Trek.

That's why I really liked the weird gesture aliens in Voyager that showed up for a few seconds. They were weird but definitely pretty alien compared to most.

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9pFA2XfVEc

Now if we're talking alien aliens, I absolutely love the Tholians and the Gorn.

VVV Ditto, I love ancient super advanced tech

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 12, 2016

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Trent posted:

PS it's not murder they weren't ever conscious

Maybe they were dreaming, or in the Riker clone's case having a wet dream.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
"Got any more of that secret ingredient?"

(it was directed at McCoy anyway)

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
...Which says attack ship which leads to the maquis ships. Damnit the wiki disease of neverending interesting/cool reading.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Dirty posted:

Wow. Once you get down to that level, the amount of stuff they have must be enormous. I bet they have those commemorative plates from the 90s. And those ridiculous huge commbadges that they used to sell on QVC that made a tinny noise when you pressed down really hard on a specific point in the middle.

QVC is where I got my Star Trek Encyclopedia :-D

Watched this episode last night and haven't thought about "Geordie...I cannot stun my cat" in a very long time:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

poo poo!

I didn't even know there was a second one until about 5 years ago when I saw (and bought) it on Amazon randomly. The first one is one of my most used and abused books. This $150 one has group Christmas present written all over it because I really don't want to pay for it either.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I started watching TNG around season 3 and it rocked. I seriously miss the terrible local commercials for it too.

We didn't get UPN growing up but CBS would show Voyager at 12 midnight on Sunday right after MASH which was cool as crap. They'd play other UPN shows in that block too.

My brother and I would stay up late (on a Sunday was a big deal because of school the next day obviously) and the second we'd here the MASH credit music we'd get pumped.

VVV it actually got me watching MASH and yeah it owned

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 28, 2016

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

This Glover would also be acceptable.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
^^ Not to mention poo poo like Picard's artificial heart and Guinan's stupid hat.

I never get tired of seeing Data switch between the old man and the other dude, Ihat. It's a dumb episode but definitely one of my favorites.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

The Nth Degree. Pretty good episode actually, imo.

Nth degree and Data's Day are probably 2 of the episodes of TNG I have watched the most. Good poo poo!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Can you imagine if TNG pulled a Course Oblivion, and instead of having Barclay be "fixed" by the Cytherians they let him die when Worf disconnected him?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Timby posted:

I think I could have handled another Q episode but I am so, so, so, so loving glad that DS9 never touched the Borg outside of Emissary.

I admit I would have loved to see a Borg snatch a cloaked Jem'Hadar out of the air like a complete badass but the fact it never happened was probably a good thing. By that time they would have probably made the Borg look like complete imbeciles that were utterly confused by their cloaking and military tactics.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Kingtheninja posted:

Who is the actor that plays data's dickish first officer in the season five premiere? He looks super familiar.

MISTER HOBSON!!!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on the Voyager episode The Void (I personally liked it, not the best but was fine) and on a recent rewatching I re-remembered how much I liked this dude:

Cool makeup way beyond the usual forehead dealio, he rocks the cool collected yet vicious guy...and drat that jacket is noice.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
The Voyager episode Riddles is really good. There's no real B story (if anything it'a A1 and A2) and Ethan Phillips and Tim Russ show off their acting chops in full force. It's eerily similar to Tuvix but totally different at the same time.

It also occurred to me that putting on Neelix's makeup every taping would be terrible. Worf's was no fun I'm sure but Neelix's had to take much longer unless there's something I'm missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Actor Bernie Casey (Cal Hudson from DS9) passed away last night

To me he will always be the badass guy from Revenge of the Nerds.