Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Watching voyager again for the first time since I was like 9, the Tuvix episode ending kinda low key reminded me of the part in alpha dog where the kid is begging his "friends" not to kill him :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Just finally finished Voyager, sure was a lot of Barclay episodes, sure don't give a poo poo about that character in the least, at least not in the context of Voyager, would prefer another terrible holodeck episode. Neelix leaving was a better final episode some how. Good show though, not nearly as bad as people would have me believe.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

The only episodes I actively disliked were the holodeck eps and the barclay eps, though the EMH fantasy ECH episode was kind of bad, as well as the episode where that alien race is obsessed with the doctor singing. To contrast I stopped watching enterprise in general because I just stopped caring about the whole Expanse/Xindi thing, which I often hear people say is the "good half of enterprise."

I loved how every time time travel was involved Janeway was just kind of like :sigh: ok lets get this over with.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

So have they explicitly said that Picard takes place in prime timeline and not jj timeline?

edit: sry didn't realize there were 2 threads

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 28, 2020

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Just finished ds9 again, I remember the bit with dukat and winn and the whole war and the conclusion of that whole deal, but I totally forgot that Sisko just fucks off to become a god kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I know he's all like "I'll be back baby someday, maybe tomorrow, maybe yesterday" but gently caress, then he doesn't even say goodbye to his own son.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 17, 2020

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Drone posted:

I'll never understand people who complain about Ferengi episodes of DS9. They're all good and fun and I don't care what anyone says.

I used to be this guy, but on a second watch I really liked them. Still kind of torn on Vic though.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Hipster_Doofus posted:

What, really? It's been long enough since my last re-watch that I could plausibly have forgotten this.

Is that the one where quark is trying to sell dolls of the crew and Captain sisko is like hell no and quark is all come on captain we can just put some quark's ads like right before each communication you won't even know they're there and the the both mug for the camera.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I'm really digging this spooky synth music during these TNG season 2 episodes.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I might be dumb and this might be the hottest of takes but I think Pulaski is a better character than Beverly.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Pulaski feels more developed in her one season than Beverly did over the course of six because Pulaski is more or less just McCoy played by a different person. And that’s fine, I like Pulaski, but man that says a lot about how little they did with Crusher on that show.

I still haven't watched TOS and she was still super solid for me being unfamiliar with McCoy except bits and pieces, I loved how she and Picard clashed sometimes or when she was super happy when Worf wanted to do the tea ceremony.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Is TNG season 2 really ending on a recap episode? holy poo poo.

edit: sure hope this Riker guy pulls through.