Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wormskull just donated 1000 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how was agdq an "epic fail"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

this game is crazy bad

i remember games going on and on about how it was a secretly good game and you just, you know had to ignore 95% of it being horrible

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tropical freeze is very fun to speedrun so ill watch this. bonus points for these guys looking kind of normal

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the right screen has a huge lead because of lucky load screens lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

now i wanna play this game again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I just bought this game, and SMRPG which is on the US Store now finally.

tropical freeze is the most amazing 2d platformer ive played in ages, congrats

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Is there a reason in the game to play it fast. Like is there leaderboards and stuff in it.

there are leaderboards and you even get to see replays of the best runs. its pretty old now though so im pretty sure levels have been maxed out at this point but there's also an actual speedrun mode that gives you medals for good times, and the developers were not loving around w/ the medal requirements lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whaaat the gently caress lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game has too many coins in it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I can't watch now, is it NSMB2? That game is insanely coin-centered

yep. the only mario where hearing the coin collect sound gets grating

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah all the 3ds lights start beeping violently when it's about to die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

who won the tropical freeze race? i remember canada loving up really bad in world 5

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Didn't some speedrunner's wife end up cheating on him while he was doing his run at one of these?

eat poo poo stupid fucker

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

unfunny poster

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

donation comment: four swords gba is great!
runner, bothered and interrupting: no man..........

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

And it's one of the runs where he's the only person who has any idea or cares about what he's doing so it's a mix of him loving up and saying it's harder than it looks, and that things aren't actually that hard, he's just, well it's tight enough timing to,

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres a lot of quake 3 engine games that are fun to speedrun too. jk2 and jka come to mind. but how the hell do you "speedrun" a game like wolfenstein where you spend half the time trapped in hl2 cutscenes and waiting for scripts to play out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

you sprint everywhere and dont engage in any combat if you can tank hits and skip it

and we're playing the game on easy mode because that just allows me to skip all combat and get a better time

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

meanwhile, people are still finding new loving ways to break metroid prime 1, a 14 year old game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Thinking about the fire emblem run that they mercy killed after it went an hour over schedule and every single member of the couch who was there to support the runner left hours ago and it was a guy barely holding back tears while wearing a dress and saying drat you RNGeesus with a bad voice crack

lmao i never saw this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i saw a run where 2 guys raced pokemon blue with blindfolds on. thats about the only interesting rpg speedrun there is probably

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this guy. has. a lot of uh. trouble. talking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well its cool that hes doing this blind but this is super boring to watch

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

"I've got to set up this pixel perfect move blindfolded"

in the pokemon blue run they pulled off several 1-frame tricks blindfolded on their first attempts, it was pretty insane

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im sad i missed the forced windows 10 update

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

it was actually just an an edited in cutscene to the bioshock run that the guy made

oh thats loving lame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre glad its over

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hahahaha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

qnqnx posted:

Dissonance is is actually good

strongly disagree, especially when the same platform offers arguably the best castlevania

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

the game before that was run by sexrex, which made me happy, because it reminded me hes not posting in this thread

after 100 probations he figured out no one likes him here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there a speedrun of hyperlight drifter? that game loving rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was a launch title for the gba and rushed out the door, it shows.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Shartmony of Diarrheasonance.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it sucks that metroid prime 2 and 3 are no fun to watch speedruns of. you can basically noclip 90% of 2 and 3 just really doesnt have any major skips at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

• Locked thread