Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
My friend said he didn't really like the film and it was dumb because why did people start fighting again when there was a baby there? I was like, we;ll it's just the nature of man, dude.

I also liked how the "bad guy" fish dude just dies unceremoniously in the background during the shootout. In a shittier film there'd be a hero moment where CLive gets his revenge in a duel on top of a tank or something.

Also I got real paranoid that people were not gonna have babies because everyone I knew was miscarrying their kids over the next few years after the film came out but apparently most people miscarry their first child but they never tell you that in sex ed which is a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Yeah. As uncouth of a comparison as it might be, it's kinda like revving a motor or a chainsaw or something. The body sometimes needs a few test runs before it all "clicks"

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

It's a short book and if you read fast and take long shits you can bash it all in one go.

The beer thing? Well if you're not downing 12 beers with each poo poo you take then I dunno what to tell you, dude.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know you always have to take liberties with casting, but when it comes to the judge you'd have to nail it. Just google image search the judge to see how badly people have hosed up their envisionment of him. He's meant to be a giant, fat baby-man and people are saying, "Get Vin Diesel because he's bald." Are you messing?

Though maybe as a giant, bald, fat man I'm biased.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Vin is an awful choice for reasons beyond his appearance though. The judge isn't a "badass" character he transcends humanity, you can't just have someone lowly and slowly waxing poetical like Vin as Riddick.

But I'm getting too serious about this so I'll stop now.

Bryan cranston in one of those inflatable sumo suits.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I've not read No Country, but how well did Bardem do portraying Chigur? I heard Chigur and the judge are both meant to represent God, the same totality of death and driven force. So if he's been translated well then maybe the judge could be too.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yeah, very true. I'll fully admit I'm just being a super weird rear end in a top hat when it comes to the casting of the judge.

I'll echo that Iñárritu is probably the only person I can think of who could even come close to capturing that book, like its been said after seeing the beginning of The Revenant I can't imagine anyone else doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

dads_work_files posted:

Or put Forest Whitaker in whiteface

I get told I look like a white FW all the time bar the gozzy eye.

• Locked thread