Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
This feels extremely lovely right now, but it was a hell of ride watching Durant. Having a professional sports team in Oklahoma loving City was some sort of a dream. That they happened to be good for an extended period of time was amazing. lovely side effect is Russ probably has to get traded real fast. Was hoping that dude would play for the Thunder forever, but what can you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Wish I could empathize with rooting for KD only to have him cruelly snatched away. Oh well, guess I'll never know how that feels.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/SherwoodStrauss/status/355407552940486656

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

The Glumslinger posted:

Thank you for doing the needful

大丈夫です。私たちには Westbrook Adams Roberson Waiters Kanter Oladipo がいます

It's all right. We are Westbrook Adams Roberson Waiters Kanter Oladipo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

Sounds like an ad agency

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Holy gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Terry Glenn posted:

This feels extremely lovely right now, but it was a hell of ride watching Durant. Having a professional sports team in Oklahoma loving City was some sort of a dream. That they happened to be good for an extended period of time was amazing. lovely side effect is Russ probably has to get traded real fast. Was hoping that dude would play for the Thunder forever, but what can you do.

He's been real good for this place- No Regrets.

NickRoweFillea posted:

This should be interesting

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Wish I could empathize with rooting for KD only to have him cruelly snatched away. Oh well, guess I'll never know how that feels.

Maybe sonics fans should have attended a game or two

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is crazier than the time Charlie Bucket shot through the roof of a chocolate factory in a transparent elevator car

i thought for sure they'd be torn to shreds

Gay But Crush Puss
May 19, 2016

by zen death robot

Terry Glenn posted:

You never won anything and one of your owners killed himself lmao

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

for fucks sake

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/KofieSpeaks/status/750018932929601536

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Terry Glenn posted:

Why would they trade him? They're not going to get anything of long term value for a one year rental anyway are they?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Westbrook leaves next season OKC will crater as a franchise.

Also, everyone thought the LeBron Heat team would annihilate everyone and while they were a top tier team they didn't coast to any championships easily. I think GSW will be great, but they will have flaws. You only get so many possessions and their big depth will be a real problem.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gay But Crush Puss posted:

You never won anything and one of your owners killed himself lmao

If by "killed himself" you mean currently kicking it on a private island somewhere

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Maybe sonics fans should have attended a game or two

Yeah, cause that's why they left. If only 2000 more people per night had watched a team getting Major Leagued! I'm sure the embezzling oil guys would have stuck around.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Doesn't change the fact they're never coming back

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm talking to our favorite Japanese OKC fan on Twitter right now using google translate and she is keeping the faith

Good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/chrisbrockman/status/750012935821402112

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Probably true! But schadenfreude is almost as good.

Really looking forward to leaked reports about updates needed for Chesapeake Energy Arena.

Kataphract
Oct 15, 2015

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Call it what it is, KD. Wanted the easiest path to a championship. lol @ growth as a player. Bullshit, rear end in a top hat.

Exactly. Growth as a player is leading your team through adversity to a championship. Growth as a player requires that you have to improve some aspect of your game, step outside your comfort zone. As much as LeBron was bandwagoning (not that that is a word) in Miami, he still had to grow as a player to get that championship, and that growth served him well in winning the championship in Cleveland. Joining the Warriors? The Warriors don't need Durant. They need him out of their way, but that's it. He doesn't need to grow so much as not be a disruption. It's simply the most cowardly decision, requiring the least growth, that he could have made.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Terry Glenn posted:

Yeah this

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
It's interesting that KD chose GSW knowing that there would be enormous backlash from all sides and that he'd have created a nearly impossible "no credit if you win, all the blame if you lose" situation. Plus he gave up tens of millions of dollars in NBA salary.

I get that it's bad optics to join the team that won 140 games plus one title over two years, and just crushed your finals hopes in a 3-1 comeback. However, most people tend to decry athletes that opt for maximum money and/or taking the path of least resistance. If I'm just looking at Durant's options, thought process, and decision, then I'm quite intrigued and frankly impressed by the choice to go against the grain on this one.

As a fan of competitive seasons and playoff series I may end up being disappointed, but we'll see about that in 10-11 months time. The majority of North American "free agent super-teams" have either been solid squads that fell short of a title, or completely imploded. It would actually be a bit surprising, imo, for the Dubs to win 70+ and a title next year. I wouldn't bet against it happening, but I'm far from convinced it's an inevitability. I want to see their new rotations, depth of roster, and Curry's first stretch of matches after a summer off healing and rehabbing that knee injury.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

😢😢😢

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Lockback posted:

Also, everyone thought the LeBron Heat team would annihilate everyone and while they were a top tier team they didn't coast to any championships easily. I think GSW will be great, but they will have flaws. You only get so many possessions and their big depth will be a real problem.

I am terrified that Zaza will go there now. Words I thought I would never say.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lockback posted:

If Westbrook leaves next season OKC will crater as a franchise.

That Heat team wasn't in the same stratosphere as this Warriors team.

Gay But Crush Puss
May 19, 2016

by zen death robot

Kataphract posted:

Exactly. Growth as a player is leading your team through adversity to a championship. Growth as a player requires that you have to improve some aspect of your game, step outside your comfort zone. As much as LeBron was bandwagoning (not that that is a word) in Miami, he still had to grow as a player to get that championship, and that growth served him well in winning the championship in Cleveland. Joining the Warriors? The Warriors don't need Durant. They need him out of their way, but that's it. He doesn't need to grow so much as not be a disruption. It's simply the most cowardly decision, requiring the least growth, that he could have made.

Lol he's won a loving MVP and is a generational talent. He doesn't need to grow and he doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. Why wouldn't he want to be "Harrison Barnes but Incredible" on a team like GSW?

Joe Lacob is a douchecanoe but this is a great move for Durant.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

A tremor will happen when both Curry and Durant jump for a loose ball, shattering their glass feet on impact

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I hope joe lacob dies in the inevitable huge earthquake

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

WhyteRyce posted:

A tremor will happen when both Curry and Durant jump for a loose ball, shattering their glass feet on impact

#faultlineprobz

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna own when the Cavs come back from being down 3-0 in the Finals to win and a chorus of angels surrounds LeBron while the Hand of God reaches down and takes him home while demons drag the Warriors players to Hell.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

The Glass Brothers

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

hitze posted:

The Glass Brothers

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/khristen/status/750023509733179392

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
I hope KD continues his WCF trend of bouncing the ball off of his dumbass clown feet and chucking bad shots

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Gay But Crush Puss posted:

generational talent

underrated reason for KD joining GSW

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

I thought after The Decision happened and everyone looked back on the temper tantrums and jersey burnings over a grown rear end man picking a different team to play a game for, we collectively gained some perspective? No? okay

like, I get being upset about super teams and being angry within the "fan ultimately understanding this is about putting balls in nets" context, but some of y'all are making a fool of yourselves

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/paulpierce34/status/750021937573748736

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
Ah yes, the inevitable "comparing this to The Decision, even though this is completely different" posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

I hope KD continues his WCF trend of bouncing the ball off of his dumbass clown feet and chucking bad shots

Hush let this be a surprise

• Locked thread