Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pine Bamboo Plum
Nov 5, 2009

Paramemetic posted:

1984 Female I didn't write down your usernames when I wrote them down before getting on the plane (in highlighter because I forgot a pen :doh: ) so this is the 1984 female who asked me around the same time as King Possum!

A Wood Mouse has a clean mind and is skillful with the hands. They are cunning and boastful. They deceive others. They have middling wealth and can get leprosy caused by naga spirits. The lifespan is 75. There are seven difficult periods. There can be five children but normally three.

Life force is water,
Health is iron,
Power is wood,
Luck is wood.

This year is good for life-force but bad for health. Power and luck are middling. Take care for good health and be careful around medical patients and so on and practice good hygiene.

Yay, thank you! Just to follow up, what does it mean when you say that 'this year is good for life-force but bad for health'? I don't really understand the difference, though I have to admit that my health is okay this year but my energy level has been fluctuating more than I prefer. I think I also asked about work, but the 'power and luck are middling' part of the fortune is a little too accurate currently...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Is this thread still manageable or is OP overwhelmed by requests? Either way I'm intrigued and I'll bite.

1995 male - March if it makes any difference.

Paramemetic posted:

it is a universally bad year for everyone, but just how bad still depends on the individual.

Sounds about right.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Also lol at how unflattering some of these are. Tibetans don't sugarcoat.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
so if i have the same birth year and gender as someone else in the thread, does that mean i have the same prediction?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

SubjectVerbObject posted:

Welcome back. Due to an birth within our Sangha I got to see a little of the astrology in action. One thing that was mentioned was people having special days of the week based on their birth year and month. I don't want to give you more work, but what role does this play in folk's lives?

That's awesome. Yes, there are special days of the week based on birth month and day of the week, and also based on birth year, depending on the approach. All of the different aspects of a chart rotate in cycles, so there is a yearly, monthly, daily, and hourly cycle for mewas, for parkhas, and so on. So each of those will have good or bad days of the week based on those cycles. Beyond that, every day is ruled by a particular star, or "lunar mansion," which rotate in a cycle as well. Those stars have particular days of the week and so on that are better for them and also rotate in cycles, but for them there are also static days of positive and negative influence based on the star you're born under. I have not been doing that level of analysis in this thread because frankly it would be too much. I could probably do that or the regular chart, moving forward.

King Possum III posted:

Paramemetic, thank you for for doing my analysis. I found it very interesting, even if I don't understand all the references. I did notice a few things in the reading that I was already aware of, and this tells me that I would do well to learn more about your methods.

Anything you'd like to know, you know how to reach me.

a dog from hell posted:

Is this thread still manageable or is OP overwhelmed by requests? Either way I'm intrigued and I'll bite.

1995 male - March if it makes any difference.

Sounds about right.

a dog from hell posted:

Also lol at how unflattering some of these are. Tibetans don't sugarcoat.

I'm not overwhelmed from the things left to do in this thread, but I'm sad to say that whereas I originally planned to do a bunch of these the other day, my Lama fell very ill in India and I've been having to take care of what I can here in the States to try to help that situation. Beyond that then I've been distracted by my other vices (Elite: Dangerous) and basically I've been a pretty lame guy lately. I hope to do some charts today or tomorrow, probably some right after I make this post if I can find where I left off.

Also, yeah, I've always appreciated how there isn't much flowery bullshit meant to distract from the crushing reality of samsaric existence. Western natal astrologers love to emphasize the good things and talk sideways around the negative things, Tibetan astrology however straight up embraces that everyone has negative qualities by default. Now, it's important to keep in mind that our individual karma supercedes a lot of this stuff - it's possible to have generous bird year people, or so on, but this astrology sort of indicates the "defaults."

From the Tibetan worldview, astrology is only useful inasmuch as it informs us something valuable. Being told "dogs are loyal" isn't as useful as being told "but they are greedy and will fight and argue" because the latter is something someone can attend to and improve on, whereas the former is just something one can observe. Similarly, adult Tibetans have very little interest in the kind of natal astrology Westerners are fond of - by the time you're an adult, you already know your personality, so that's not helpful or useful information.

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

so if i have the same birth year and gender as someone else in the thread, does that mean i have the same prediction?

Within the confines of this thread, yes. As I mentioned, there's more particular analysis I can do, but it's technically not something I'm doing for this thread as it's not really obstacle calculation and leans more towards natal astrology. There's also more depth I can do for obstacle calculation but the one guy I said I'd do it for I haven't done yet so I'm not really likely to pick up another at this point. So yeah, effectively if your birth year and gender has been done, there's not much more I can add in this thread. My astrology teacher returns in the US in October and I'll be starting a new set of calculations then, at which point I'll probably use this thread for practice and be able to add some more diversity.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Aug 25, 2016

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

I can't offer prayers, since I meditate instead (remote viewing/scrying).

So I'm sending positive, healthful, and healing vibes to your Lama in India.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Paramemetic posted:

Similarly, adult Tibetans have very little interest in the kind of natal astrology Westerners are fond of - by the time you're an adult, you already know your personality, so that's not helpful or useful information.
Western natal astrology is good for a lot more things than your personality, it's supposed to influence your health, the way your body's systems are balanced, things that happen in your life, your interaction with life circumstances, etc. Not to mention that since you make decisions based on your personality and your natural tendencies for approaching stuff in your life, I'd say that's probably useful throughout your life, if you believe in that sort of thing of course.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

HEY GAL posted:

Western natal astrology is good for a lot more things than your personality, it's supposed to influence your health, the way your body's systems are balanced, things that happen in your life, your interaction with life circumstances, etc. Not to mention that since you make decisions based on your personality and your natural tendencies for approaching stuff in your life, I'd say that's probably useful throughout your life, if you believe in that sort of thing of course.

Naturally there's a lot more application there as well, I was glossing in terms of what the clients tend to like these days. There are almost as few serious astrology clients as there are serious astrologers.

King Possum III posted:

I can't offer prayers, since I meditate instead (remote viewing/scrying).

So I'm sending positive, healthful, and healing vibes to your Lama in India.

You a CRV guy?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Paramemetic posted:

Naturally there's a lot more application there as well, I was glossing in terms of what the clients tend to like these days. There are almost as few serious astrology clients as there are serious astrologers.
read my 17th century posts in the milhist thread, that poo poo is mental. i visited this palace three years ago--it's all built according to the principles of magical geometry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letohr%C3%A1dek_Hv%C4%9Bzda

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Paramemetic posted:

You a CRV guy?

Yes. Since the time I first realized I had this ability, I've struggled with figuring out exactly what it is, and where it's coming from. It didn't come with an owner's manual, and I often wonder if I'll ever figure out how to develop it. Actually, I was initially traumatized by it because I wondered if I was becoming delusional and/or insane.

The images are often very faint, and sometimes I can only see vague shapes and motion. So far, I've gotten little practical benefit from it, and I seem to have reached a "glass ceiling."

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Oh hey.

Could you do stuff for people that aren't me? My family is a bit insane and in turmoil and I'm curious.

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...
Hey Paramemetic! :v::respek::what:

Could you do mine if you get a chance? M/1981/after Losar. I don't know poo poo about astrology since I've been busy with other things.

Thanks!

edit: Why do I always end up thinking a lot about dharma on Guru Rinpoche day? Weird. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a prosperous Guru Rinpoche day!

cerror fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 11, 2016

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
I'd love to get a general look at mine if you can spare the time? February 1984, female

:)

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
male, may, 86

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

HEY GAL posted:

male, may, 86

Paramemetic posted:

Fire Tiger, and definitely a chart I'm familiar with. I'm glad you came early also because doing your chart and getting a result different from what I remember showed me that I was making a mistake, mentioned in the post above.

Tigers are brave and prone to anger. They have a great passion and emotional strength, but an unrefined manner. They think a lot but don't act on those thoughts, and they enjoy business. Fire Tigers specifically are belligerent and arrogant. They tend to have chronic diseases. They lack reverence. They don't have much will-power. They can have four children. The lifespan is seventy-nine and they have five difficult periods.

Life force is Wood,
Health is Fire,
Power is Fire,
Luck is Iron.

This year is the monkey year, the oppositional sign to the tiger, which is very difficult. It is also the fire year, the same element as the fire tiger, and so that also brings obstacles. On top of this, it is a bad year for life-force and health, and a mixed year for wealth and luck. It is important this year to perform long-life practices, take on commitments, and perform propitiations for the family and local protectors and Dharma protectors. It's a good idea to perform wealth summoning practices and be careful with money because wealth can come or go. It's good to clean and maintain religious buildings and monuments to increase the luck.

For the Five-Yellow Mewa with the Descending Seven-Red Mewa, enemies and thieves will come. Subdue enemies. Oppose or overturn enemies.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Brand New Malaysian Wife posted:

I'd love to get a general look at mine if you can spare the time? February 1984, female

:)

Paramemetic posted:

1984 Female I didn't write down your usernames when I wrote them down before getting on the plane (in highlighter because I forgot a pen :doh: ) so this is the 1984 female who asked me around the same time as King Possum!

A Wood Mouse has a clean mind and is skillful with the hands. They are cunning and boastful. They deceive others. They have middling wealth and can get leprosy caused by naga spirits. The lifespan is 75. There are seven difficult periods. There can be five children but normally three.

Life force is water,
Health is iron,
Power is wood,
Luck is wood.

This year is good for life-force but bad for health. Power and luck are middling. Take care for good health and be careful around medical patients and so on and practice good hygiene.

Apathy Inspired
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I am awake, Thank you for asking.
When you have time, I would love a bit of a look forward as this has been one hell of a poo poo year. Direction for the next 6 months would be fantastic. December 1973, female.

Also, is there a description of each the elements available? I am terrible at keeping track of each philosophy/religion definitions. Apologies if I have missed it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

comaerror posted:

Hey Paramemetic! :v::respek::what:

Could you do mine if you get a chance? M/1981/after Losar. I don't know poo poo about astrology since I've been busy with other things.

Thanks!

edit: Why do I always end up thinking a lot about dharma on Guru Rinpoche day? Weird. Anyway, I hope everyone is having a prosperous Guru Rinpoche day!

Your birth year is Iron Bird. Birds generally do not have much "mother's wealth." To be honest I do not understand what this means. They are ruled by desire and have a lot of attachment to their own appearance. They don't sleep much and sometimes can be doubting or of low intelligence.

Iron Bird in particular has a mind with a lot of attachment to glory, power and influence, wealth, grains, food, drink, and so on. They are mainly influenced by people. They generally live 70 years, and have seven difficult periods. They can have four male children.

Life-force is Iron,
Health is Water,
Capacity is Iron,
Luck is Water.

This year is bad for life-force and wealth, good for health, mixed for luck. You should do Amitayus or Namgyalma or White Tara and Red or White or Yellow Dzambhala probably. Or whoever you crazy Nyingmapa do for wealth and long life!

Additionally for you it is a 'phung-gyod year, which means this year can cause loss of property and an uneasy mind. You need to make tsa-tsa, make offerings to your local deities, practice Norgyunma (100k recitations I think), and do some practices I do not know but you might know someone who can give them to you, you need: ཟོར་མདོ (Chopper Sutra?) and this other thing that might be a typo: བཀྲ་བརྩེགས་ you need to recite that. Okay good luck! (this info probably would've been more useful in March).

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...

Paramemetic posted:

This year is bad for life-force and wealth, good for health, mixed for luck. You should do Amitayus or Namgyalma or White Tara and Red or White or Yellow Dzambhala probably. Or whoever you crazy Nyingmapa do for wealth and long life!

Additionally for you it is a 'phung-gyod year, which means this year can cause loss of property and an uneasy mind. You need to make tsa-tsa, make offerings to your local deities, practice Norgyunma (100k recitations I think), and do some practices I do not know but you might know someone who can give them to you, you need: ཟོར་མདོ (Chopper Sutra?) and this other thing that might be a typo: བཀྲ་བརྩེགས་ you need to recite that. Okay good luck! (this info probably would've been more useful in March).

We're a Red Tara gang, yo. But yea, no biggie on the timing. I was mostly curious. Not sure what would constitute a local diety, though. :v:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Apathy Inspired posted:

When you have time, I would love a bit of a look forward as this has been one hell of a poo poo year. Direction for the next 6 months would be fantastic. December 1973, female.

Also, is there a description of each the elements available? I am terrible at keeping track of each philosophy/religion definitions. Apologies if I have missed it.

༙In this case I have done the calculations and find everything generally agreeable this year except for the lok-men, which is very difficult. Your elements all come out good this year when we do the stone calculations. Everything is mixed across the board, not very bad or very good there.

Unfortunately the year is called a che-drel year, and this can bring divorce, separation, fighting, quarrels, spitefulness from one's spouse, and so on.

The solution to this is the same "chopper sutra" as comaerr has to do, plus long life empowerments (Amitayus or so on) or whatever equivalent in your own religious or spiritual tradition. It also says, I think, to round up grain and mill it for three days and establish it and prepare it. I am not sure what exactly this means as it's probably some Tibetan cultural thing, I'll try to get back to you on that.

I just did a yearly calculation for now, as the rest of this year is just about the next 6 months as you requested. I have a letter off to my teacher now about what the best way generally to answer the "tell me about the next [date range]" question is, as it's not particularly a day or hour (which would use dar-gud) but I don't think you can just do stones for the month like you do for the year - if you did, it would make sense though, so I'm checking.

As for the elements, they are defined in terms of their relations in the Tibetan system. Tibetan philosophy and religion uses both the Indian/Western five elements (earth, fire, water, wind, space) as well as the Chinese five elements (wood, fire, earth, iron, water). These calculations use the latter.

You can ascribe alchemical qualities to these five elements, but it's not really that important. If you were to do so, fire is hot and rising, water is cool and descends, earth stabilizes, iron contracts, and wood expands. But outside of niche applications the information that for example "the life-force is wood" does not provide too much information right now.

There are a lot of specific applications, such as medical astrology, where I am sure it is much more pertinent, but I do not know those things. I am sure there would also be some kind of yogic application in some tradition or another, but I do not know that either.

Mainly, we look at the elements in terms of their relations, and it's the relations we're interested in. For example, this is a fire year, and fire is the child of wood, so if your life-force is wood, it will be a mixed year for your life-force, as the relationship with the child is mixed. If your life-force is earth, however, earth's mother is fire, so it will be a good year for your life-force (mother is the best relationship). If your life-force is iron, it will be the worst, as fire is the enemy; water, it will be good, as fire is water's friend. Fire it will be bad, as having your own element is not good. So it's less about the elements, and more about how those elements react with other elements of other things.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Oct 18, 2016

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

comaerror posted:

We're a Red Tara gang, yo. But yea, no biggie on the timing. I was mostly curious. Not sure what would constitute a local diety, though. :v:

I dunno man go out in the woods and make some offerings to local deities and see who shows up! You're a bajillion miles away how am I supposed to know your local deities?

There are a lot of smoke offerings you can do for local deities, and here is in fact Source of Auspicious Good Fortune which is one we use in Drikung Kagyu but you can do this without any empowerment and it's not really associated with a lineage.

Edit:

Thin Privilege posted:

Oh hey.

Could you do stuff for people that aren't me? My family is a bit insane and in turmoil and I'm curious.

Maybe PM me?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Nessus posted:

Do me, do me! Male, Feb 26 1982 e: Wow thread is old, big joke on me

Water Dog, the description is back on like page one or two. I redid the calculations because that was for a woman and you're all man.

Anyhow, good year for life force and wealth, mixed year for health, bad year for luck.

Bad year for your lok-men, this is "rue-chod" or "cutting bone" year for you. Because you can have legal action from paternal relatives [Translator's note: What a weird threat.] practice Vajranakha / Dorje Dermo (Vajra Claws). Because you can be the victim of lawsuits and legal accusations, practice the Mahayana Sutra that Repels Negativity. If you're 60 (you're not), recite the Mouthless Sutra. You should squash you enemies.

Basically uh, have a lawyer on retainer this year I guess? And a good one since you're not lucky!

In short,

Nessus posted:

it's me, I'm the owned one

Edit: Vajra Claws / Dorje Dermo, who this says to practice, is particularly said to protect from when your relatives turn against you or your family or friends become hostile, so I guess that's what it was talking about with the paternal family lawsuits. She also protects from lawsuits, as well.

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 17, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you feel like scratching out one more, Paramemetic, I'm a dude from 1980 (from a month totally after March).

EDIT: Wait, you totally did one from the same year a page ago. M'bad.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 18, 2016

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Paramemetic posted:

Because you can have legal action from paternal relatives [Translator's note: What a weird threat.]
traditional societies, and i am not kidding here, are comprised entirely of people who sue one another all the drat time

Apathy Inspired
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I am awake, Thank you for asking.

Paramemetic posted:

༙In this case I have done the calculations and find everything generally agreeable this year except for the lok-men, which is very difficult. Your elements all come out good this year when we do the stone calculations. Everything is mixed across the board, not very bad or very good there.

Unfortunately the year is called a che-drel year, and this can bring divorce, separation, fighting, quarrels, spitefulness from one's spouse, and so on.

The solution to this is the same "chopper sutra" as comaerr has to do, plus long life empowerments (Amitayus or so on) or whatever equivalent in your own religious or spiritual tradition. It also says, I think, to round up grain and mill it for three days and establish it and prepare it. I am not sure what exactly this means as it's probably some Tibetan cultural thing, I'll try to get back to you on that.

I just did a yearly calculation for now, as the rest of this year is just about the next 6 months as you requested. I have a letter off to my teacher now about what the best way generally to answer the "tell me about the next [date range]" question is, as it's not particularly a day or hour (which would use dar-gud) but I don't think you can just do stones for the month like you do for the year - if you did, it would make sense though, so I'm checking.

As for the elements, they are defined in terms of their relations in the Tibetan system. Tibetan philosophy and religion uses both the Indian/Western five elements (earth, fire, water, wind, space) as well as the Chinese five elements (wood, fire, earth, iron, water). These calculations use the latter.

You can ascribe alchemical qualities to these five elements, but it's not really that important. If you were to do so, fire is hot and rising, water is cool and descends, earth stabilizes, iron contracts, and wood expands. But outside of niche applications the information that for example "the life-force is wood" does not provide too much information right now.

There are a lot of specific applications, such as medical astrology, where I am sure it is much more pertinent, but I do not know those things. I am sure there would also be some kind of yogic application in some tradition or another, but I do not know that either.

Mainly, we look at the elements in terms of their relations, and it's the relations we're interested in. For example, this is a fire year, and fire is the child of wood, so if your life-force is wood, it will be a mixed year for your life-force, as the relationship with the child is mixed. If your life-force is earth, however, earth's mother is fire, so it will be a good year for your life-force (mother is the best relationship). If your life-force is iron, it will be the worst, as fire is the enemy; water, it will be good, as fire is water's friend. Fire it will be bad, as having your own element is not good. So it's less about the elements, and more about how those elements react with other elements of other things.

It is indeed a che-drel year. I have many big decisions to make which is why I did not ask for a specific date. I appreciate your time and energy. Thanks. Please thank your teacher for me as well.

Thank you for the explanation of the elements. It makes much more sense to me now.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Have you done one for 1995 yet? I don't think I saw one but I could have missed it. If you haven't im a female born in that year :v:

alcyon
Mar 9, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

There's also more depth I can do for obstacle calculation but the one guy I said I'd do it for I haven't done yet so I'm not really likely to pick up another at this point.
If you can spare the time, the one guy is still curious for the outcome of that one.

Davealicious
May 8, 2007

Just found this thread and it's really interesting! Can you do mine?

Male, June 1979

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Davealicious posted:

Just found this thread and it's really interesting! Can you do mine?

Male, June 1979

Same but female!

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
Oh can I ask about me and my fiancé?

We're both men. I was born in 1989 and he in 1991.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Oh neat! Just wandered over. How about about Male 1985 and Female 1985? That's me and the wife, but it makes me wonder-- does the reading change for transgendered people? Or will it simply be wrong if they don't give their biological / identified gender? What if they haven't come to that realization yet?

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

WerrWaaa posted:

but it makes me wonder-- does the reading change for transgendered people? Or will it simply be wrong if they don't give their biological / identified gender? What if they haven't come to that realization yet?

Paramemetic posted:

So I was actually anticipating this question when I added the gender bit. Obviously a however many centuries old text doesn't address this question directly, and I am certain my teacher will tell me "you're the astrologer, you have to decide." My inclination is to calculate someone's gender according to how they identify. If someone is born biologically male but identifies as female and they claim they have always been female, then I will calculate is if they were born female. If they claim they changed at some point, then I calculate male until that point, and female from that point on. The calculations involving gender are based on the i-ching trigrams which are used to inform the calculations of directions. Some calculations use the gender of the animal sign, and some calculations use the actual person's gender. I don't see a compelling reason to calculate a person's gender as anything other than how they identify.

If I were doing medical astrology, which I have not learned yet, I suspect the answer would depend on if a person is pre or post transition.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Thanks for digging that out!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Male September '86, please, kind goon. This is fascinating. Thank you for your efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib

Tubgoat posted:

Male September '86, please, kind goon. This is fascinating. Thank you for your efforts.

Paramemetic posted:

Fire Tiger, and definitely a chart I'm familiar with. I'm glad you came early also because doing your chart and getting a result different from what I remember showed me that I was making a mistake, mentioned in the post above.

Tigers are brave and prone to anger. They have a great passion and emotional strength, but an unrefined manner. They think a lot but don't act on those thoughts, and they enjoy business. Fire Tigers specifically are belligerent and arrogant. They tend to have chronic diseases. They lack reverence. They don't have much will-power. They can have four children. The lifespan is seventy-nine and they have five difficult periods.

Life force is Wood,
Health is Fire,
Power is Fire,
Luck is Iron.

This year is the monkey year, the oppositional sign to the tiger, which is very difficult. It is also the fire year, the same element as the fire tiger, and so that also brings obstacles. On top of this, it is a bad year for life-force and health, and a mixed year for wealth and luck. It is important this year to perform long-life practices, take on commitments, and perform propitiations for the family and local protectors and Dharma protectors. It's a good idea to perform wealth summoning practices and be careful with money because wealth can come or go. It's good to clean and maintain religious buildings and monuments to increase the luck.

For the Five-Yellow Mewa with the Descending Seven-Red Mewa, enemies and thieves will come. Subdue enemies. Oppose or overturn enemies.

And in other news, my teacher is back from Mongolia and I'll be starting learning some new things. I still owe a handful of people some charts and I will do them just before the next time I go down to see him, to warm back up. I still owe one guy a big long fully involved chart also and will do that before then too sometime next week, probably). I'm locking the thread until then because I keep neglecting it and feel bad, I'll reopen it and bump it when I have new stuff and more time to run charts.

• Locked thread