Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I'm getting kinda bored waiting to transcend humanity into machine consciousness and wondering if anyone has any ideas about what to do in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
Suck my dick you fuckman

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

post on gbs

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Watch that terrible Johnny Depp movie about what you are waiting for... it will probably change your mind about the whole thing.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I thought you were talking about CERN creating a black hole in the middle of europe and was going to say I agree, but you're talking about the stupid robot poo poo so no thanks.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

I went to a Singularity conference back in 2010 or so cost me a few hundo. saw Stephen wolfram, Peter Thiel, and ofc the main man Ray K all speak maybe not a waste of money?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

RobattoJesus posted:

I thought you were talking about CERN creating a black hole in the middle of europe and was going to say I agree, but you're talking about the stupid robot poo poo so no thanks.

Keep the hope alive friend. A Black Hole could be traveling towards us as we speak and we won't realize it until it's almost here.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Decebal posted:

Keep the hope alive friend. A Black Hole could be traveling towards us as we speak and we won't realize it until it's almost here.

I hope there's at least time for a pre-apocalypse orgy.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hope we become bio mechanical horrors that spread across the universe with endless efficiency, destroying inferior life and culture as we choke the life from the milky way.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
all hail the sentient facefucking machines

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
aka m'latheist rapture

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Dave_Indeed posted:

I hope we become bio mechanical horrors that spread across the universe with endless efficiency, destroying inferior life and culture as we choke the life from the milky way.

So like on Earth but on a bigger scale ?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I hope robot god names itself Jehovah just to gently caress with everyone

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Decebal posted:

No your mum usually calls me first.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
what about if you took ur foreskin and like pumped it up with a bike pump? how many psi do you reckon i could get in there?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Dave_Indeed posted:

this is my fetish

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
DONT CARE BUTTON :owned:

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Practice by eradicating all biological scum.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
how do you know we haven't already

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the first step in synthetic actualization is realizing biology is mechanistic

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

text everyone you know to kill themselves

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you think your consciousness if going to be anywhere near the drivers seat of the singularity. it is going to be a competition between mark zuckerberg, the head of the NSA, and the chairman of china.

at best you can hope for is to have your brain pattern harvested for unique information. most likely you will simply be turned into nanites for use by ZuckerSwarm

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

lol if you think anyone is gonna beat google

they already snatched up all the robotics firms in preparation for distributing the compliancepersonal assistant droids

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the singularity is a distraction from our real grab for immortality - choosing whether to leave our knowledge and civilization to our cats or our dogs in the will.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol if you think "the singularity" is a thing that is ever actually going to happen

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

only the Japanese will get to bang hot robot babes

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum

Dave_Indeed posted:

I want this post to infect all social media.

Green Hill Friendzone
Oct 27, 2013

Imagine putting you consciousness into the cloud, feeling like you have to pee, and looking down to realize you have no dick.

And you don't have eyes anymore so you weren't even looking at anything.

fuuuuck

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm mostly going to be pooping the whole time, you can join.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

What's the current ETA on the singularity? Still 2045?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
When we become immortal balls of light I hope my feet don't still hurt all the time because that would be dreadful.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you're not going to suck my dick I don't want to be here sir

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

if you're not going to suck my dick I don't want to be here sir

AI sighs and deletes human_brains.dat

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I hope robot god names itself Jenova just to gently caress with everyone

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

lol if you think "the singularity" is a thing that is ever actually going to happen

full singularity now

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I singularly poo poo MY PANTS!!!!!! :roflolmao:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Nooner posted:

I singularly poo poo MY PANTS!!!!!! :roflolmao:

i feel his poo poo in my pants, is this the cloud???

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
You realize that the Singularity will just be rich people in empty hovels playing VR Everquest with JO Robots, right?

Call me when office chairs get plumbing added~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I hope robot god names itself Zeus and fucks everyone

• Locked thread