Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
how do you get drunk post singularity, this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Gonna download my consciousness into the body of a big boobed anime girl and live forever as a cartoon in a continuously generated simulation maintained by computers a trillion times smarter than a human.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

jackyl posted:

as is the answer to everything: nanobots

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

jackyl posted:

GM Gut Flora that ferments the soylent mid-colon.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

criscodisco posted:

When we become immortal balls of light I hope my feet don't still hurt all the time because that would be dreadful.
What's wrong with your feet.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Dave_Indeed posted:

I hope we become bio mechanical horrors that spread across the universe with endless efficiency, destroying inferior life and culture as we choke the life from the milky way.

seconding this

it would be poetic for this to happen to humanity

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you know those lists that go

?????
Profit!

the singularity is one of those, only there are approximately 30 ???? steps

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Serious Frolicking posted:

you know those lists that go

?????
Profit!

the singularity is one of those, only there are approximately 30 ???? steps

its not a ??? we know what it is! just look at this graph, we just have to get to this line. in fact we should skip all those other lines and just invent that line right now:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i feel like if the singularity was a thing that another space race would have done first, if it was a thing

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i'm the 10^19 brain flops

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Rutibex posted:

its not a ??? we know what it is! just look at this graph, we just have to get to this line. in fact we should skip all those other lines and just invent that line right now:

why did it take so long to figure out purple ascii characters

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Fonzarelli posted:

i feel like if the singularity was a thing that another space race would have done first, if it was a thing

they did and thats the answer to the fermi paradox

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Nuts and Gum posted:

why did it take so long to figure out purple ascii characters

The gays are by nature a very wily people.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Right now, there are thousands of men uploading their brainpower to the internet to role play turning into sanitary pads.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I love laughing at everyone who thinks they'll somehow survive long enough to see this not happen, just loving lol at those losers. So scared of death they're telling themselves fairy tales.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman

ookay

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
op your gonna b waiting a long time

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

AugmentedVision posted:

op your gonna b waiting a long time

i love that image. it isn't based on anything at all and some nerd is still willing to speak authoritatively about how the browns are gonna ruin his plan to become a computer program and gently caress anime characters.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
its based on scientific advancement

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

i love that image. it isn't based on anything at all and some nerd is still willing to speak authoritatively about how the browns are gonna ruin his plan to become a computer program and gently caress anime characters.

Once whitey's all plugged in who do you think the Luddites will be?

:kamina:not me:kamina:

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

The hubris of it all astounds me. Maybe sentient life is is an evolutionary dead end? For all we know rampant resource hungry technological advancement triggers a mass extinction event. and thus sentient life snuffs itself out. Thats my answer to the Fermi paradox.

Nomikos
Dec 31, 2003

What if the universe is a simulation, and like when you're sleeping it's actually your player logging off to take a bio break.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Nomikos posted:

What if the universe is a simulation, and like when you're sleeping it's actually your player logging off to take a bio break.

the player is part of an elite few who pledged a significant fraction of their yearly income to the development of a crowdfunded space sim

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if simulating a universe is possible, then this sure as hell isn't the original universe. i guess someone (that also is unlikely to be in the original universe) decided to see what would happen if all intelligent life was gay and retarded, and here we are.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

decided to see what would happen if all intelligent life was gay and retarded, and here we are.

Thinking the universe was created just for you is flat out delusional.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Thinking the universe was created just for you is flat out delusional.

as soon as you can provide a sentient life form that is not gay and retarded i will retract my statement

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Ron Perlman.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

criscodisco posted:

Ron Perlman.

so gay and retarded that if they still made physical encyclopedias (do they?) he would show up under both categories

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Perl's before swine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

I went to a Singularity conference back in 2010 or so cost me a few hundo. saw Stephen wolfram, Peter Thiel, and ofc the main man Ray K all speak maybe not a waste of money?

Did Stephen Wolfram do the ping pong ball trick onstage? If not, you got gypped.

• Locked thread