Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crinklepouch
May 30, 2016

Its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys.
I think this is a relevant place to post.

For context this is when we're all back for the summer from college.

I've had a solid group of a couple of friends for a few yeares that I hang out with a lot. Been friends for a while and have always been there for serious issues or just the everyday laugh.

Sometimes however, whenever I go a few days without hanging out with one of theme and/or combination of not receiving texts back, I get super beat up and anxietied-out about them being like mad at me or pissed about something I did.

My one thought is that I used to have a really good friend in high school who snapped on me once and cut me off and that these feelings of anxiety develop from the thought of losing a really good friend again.

I'm the type of person whose friend group is an "inch wide and a mile deep"...I have a few close friends that I really enjoy and don't want to lose. I'm just sick of always getting worried like I do so easily. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Tl;dr I get anxiety easy when my close friends dont chill with me for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

^^^^^

great stuff

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
reddit-GBS thread plz. we dont even need to go after them, just copy-pasting will do?

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer
thanks for those various walls of text

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tl;dr: I'm a fat sack of poo poo filled assholes. Basically I suck dicks, all the time.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/2yn1wq/i_22f_think_my_bfs_22m_internet_habits_are/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
this isn't reddit.
who cares?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thank you jeff

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

what kind of person would brag about being molested by their sister

https://www.reddit.com/r/incest

60,422 readers :gonk:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I know some incest came up but let's not link to other stuff on reddit - we should stick to /r/relationships for our collective sanity.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
One of my favorite relationships stories was the massage therapist who, without any prompting or so much as a word between them, gave a guy she liked a handy jay as part of a regular session

Well the guy obviously takes this pretty well and starts coming back like every week for the same treatment and she realises she is now in the situation where she cant refuse his service (or her bosses will ask why and she will get fired for handy j therapy) but shes scared of asking the guy not to come back because he might get upset and tell her bosses

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I know some incest came up but let's not link to other stuff on reddit - we should stick to /r/relationships for our collective sanity.

thanks for the rules about reddit fakeposts

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/4rlpeu/me_22f_with_my_fiance_23m_caught_fil_early_50s/

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Didn't read. Sounds like a lovely place to go to tbqhtyvm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Killer Queen posted:

I don't really understand why some dude would be all conflicted about consensually banging a 22 year old, but this is reddit, so naturally this is the biggest decision of his worthless life.

It's bragging disguised as a moral dilemma.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

One of my favorite E/N threads was something like "I'm going to get fired because of my farts" where the OP described that he was getting complaints about them, people avoid him at work, and his boss laid down a threat if he didn't do something about it. Awhile was spent tracking down the cause. He cut out cheese/milk for a day or two and they stopped, indicating he was lactose intolerant. "Oh good", thought e/n, he fixed his farting problem. Nah, he says something like "I love cheese and eat every meal with cheese and I'm not going to stop". Lactose intolerance is a medical issue, he concludes, and the union won't let him be fired for a medical issue. This all sounded pretty fake at this point, so the OP wraps it all up with pictures of the 10 different varieties of cheese sitting in his fridge.

Lol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Tl;dr: I'm a fat sack of poo poo filled assholes. Basically I suck dicks, all the time.

Are you busy later?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Darth Lamer posted:

I'm the type of person whose dick is an "inch wide and a mile deep"

they call me pencil dick but my poo poo don't need an eraser :smuggo:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a grower not a show er

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's deleted. It's good to copy paste so it lasts forever. I want to read that one lmao.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Summary of half the threads: "Hi, I (19F) can't seem to connect with my boyfriend (35M) of five years, what can I do?"

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

One of my favorite E/N threads was something like "I'm going to get fired because of my farts" where the OP described that he was getting complaints about them, people avoid him at work, and his boss laid down a threat if he didn't do something about it. Awhile was spent tracking down the cause. He cut out cheese/milk for a day or two and they stopped, indicating he was lactose intolerant. "Oh good", thought e/n, he fixed his farting problem. Nah, he says something like "I love cheese and eat every meal with cheese and I'm not going to stop". Lactose intolerance is a medical issue, he concludes, and the union won't let him be fired for a medical issue. This all sounded pretty fake at this point, so the OP wraps it all up with pictures of the 10 different varieties of cheese sitting in his fridge.

I remember this thread very well, I remember actually being the one who called him out about fake posting and suddenly there are like 10 different Tupperware containers of different cheeses being posted and he's ranting about the subtle differences between gruyere and Montblanc and poo poo lol

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Great thread, Jeffrey! You're a real asset to the company!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

thanks doc

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

I don't know that I've ever played a drinking game with a bingo card.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Maybe it's just reference list that happens to look like a bingo card so you can do either

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

hrollins posted:

This a whole bunch. I'd date way more often than I do if this was the case.

Yes I'm sure this is the only thing stopping you from dating

Khorne
May 1, 2002
These people are both around 40 years old:

quote:

I recognize that this sounds insane from the post title.

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost three years. We have what I would describe as a pretty solid relationship. We have enough similar interests to enjoy activities together but enough divergent ones that we also have full, complete lives outside of the relationship. We already spend almost every night together and plan to move in together when his lease is up in the fall.

We work about three miles from each other and on some days carpool depending on schedules. Typically during the work week, I get up and make breakfast and pack our lunches. This has been ongoing since probably six months in. Usually for breakfast I don't do anything crazy: oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs and toast. Normal breakfast stuff. For lunch, I pack sandwiches, chips or pretzels, some sort of fruit, and a couple of days a week, a sweet treat. I always make his portions larger than mine and he's never complained before about any of it.
Today we went to lunch and stopped at a nearby park. I was sitting across the picnic table from him when I noticed some yellow on his shirt and made a comment, "You have yellow on you joke."
He looked over and scratched it away. There was a lot of it and I mindlessly said, "Did you take a mustard bath before lunch?" and he just turned bright red.

After some questions as to why he was embarrassed, the truth came out. I don't make him large enough meals, and almost every day for the past two or so years he takes his fifteen-minute morning break and walks to a nearby convenience store, where he purchases what can only be described as a second-breakfast hot dog.

I recognize this sounds ridiculous, but I am so hurt and upset that he has been starving all this time and never wanted to say anything. Of course, now I am embarrassed because he thinks it is all the funniest thing to ever happen, but I am really, really bothered that instead of sharing his discomfort with me like a normal person, he just had a mid-morning hot dog for months on end. The conversation eventually ended up with us both mad: Me for what I feel is deception, him for what he feels is me blowing this all out of proportion. Do I just ignore it, or is this indicative of bigger problems?

I am not even sure what to say about this one guys. It's much stranger than a lot of the other ones posted in this thread.

Her bf is clearly laughing about it because he's too timid to say something, and she's real upset because he was hungry and not satiated with what she packed. It's real drat weird.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 8, 2016

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

The Long Con... Kudos.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
Dude eats gas station hot dogs for second breakfast

The hobbits would not approve

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They all sound obese

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Zzulu posted:

They all sound obese

Yeah, it's pretty amazing that it's entirely possible to know this just from reading words typed on a screen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If you want a good laugh check out r/LifeProTips

It's literally the most autistic thing I've ever seen in my life

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
By far and away the funniest part about r/relationships is all of the dumb hipster millennials blowing up their relationships because they think letting your partner gently caress other people is progressive.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
First one I picked was a guy angry that his wife had anal sex with another man when she never would with him. She'd let him do it now, but now she's basically been ruined. Top that.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If you want a good laugh check out r/LifeProTips

It's literally the most autistic thing I've ever seen in my life
LPT Request: How to play Pokemon Go Inconspicuously self.LifeProTips

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Everything about this makes me just so drat happy. The 34 year old on neopets, how he knows EXACTLY the ludicrous number of points he has on it, the fact that by the sound of it he still lives with his family, the girl dating him just to get at the neopets points.

:sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Vinny Possum posted:

Everything about this makes me just so drat happy. The 34 year old on neopets, how he knows EXACTLY the ludicrous number of points he has on it, the fact that by the sound of it he still lives with his family, the girl dating him just to get at the neopets points.

:sun:

Yeah its almost like it isn't genuine

• Locked thread